Valentines Special

Saving a Wreck

The day had been especially hectic for Jessica. What little energy she had left in her dissipated the moment she slumped down into the soft cushion of the couch. Letting out an exhausted groan, she draped an arm over her closed eyes and sank further into the cushions.

Since she went back to work a few months ago after her maternity leave, she had been swamped with work. Their law firm had grew and gained more recognition by then with clients referring them to their contacts, which resulted in more clients, more work. But for some unknown reasons, she had an exceptionally bad day at work that day, with the secretary reporting in sick and Sunny leaving slightly before lunch break due to a family emergency. The intern was of not much help and she found herself juggling her own work along with some administrative matters and also meeting a few of Sunny’s clients, even after office hours.

By the time Taeyeon came after her shift to pick her up at 8 in the evening, Jessica was so emotionally drained and had fallen straight into her wife’s open arms, finding comfort in Taeyeon’s warm embrace. They spent a few quiet moment standing in the middle of Jessica’s office basking in each other’s presence until Jessica finally released Taeyeon, declaring that she was ready to leave for home, Princess style. Being the obedient servant that Taeyeon was, Jessica was escorted to the car as usual, their next agenda on the list was to pick up the children after a quick dinner. It seemed like taking the children to the park that night was out of the question.  

The ideal situation Jessica had hoped for was that both the children would be soundly asleep by the time they picked them up from her in-laws’. Instead, they were greeted by a tired, angsty Yeonie and a wailing Yeon Woo whose chubby face looked like it was going to burst from all the crying. Apparently her 11 month old son was down with a fever.

Yeon Woo was still crying when they got home 5 minutes later and Taeyeon went to the kitchen to look for some medicine with him in her arms, trying to do everything she could to help make him feel comfortable. Meanwhile, Yeonie had demanded for Taeyeon to give her a shower and despite Jessica calmly explaining that Mama was busy with her baby brother, the little girl started throwing a fit.

“Kim Yeon!” And the cranky toddler finally burst out in tears at her Mother’s stern voice.

 

Jessica let out a huge sigh and she allowed for her thoughts to drift away, noting how it was significantly quieter in the house now. Taeyeon must have somehow gotten their son to stop crying.

The space beside her dipped in, indicating another presence. With well-practiced movements, Jessica shifted, eyes still closed, and wrapped herself around Taeyeon. The low rumbling coming off Taeyeon’s chest was a sign that Taeyeon was chuckling, probably at Jessica’s feline antics. But she felt safe whenever she was in Taeyeon’s arms, like she was in heaven and it was made even more blissful when a soft kiss was planted on her forehead.

“How’s Yeon Woo? Is he any better?” Jessica asked, mumbling into Taeyeon’s shirt, nose bumping onto the latter’s collarbone.

Taeyeon smelt faintly of baby powder and of the perfume Jessica had brought for her, but she smelt mostly of the antiseptic alcohol wash from the hospital which Jessica had long gotten used to, like it was a part of Taeyeon.

“Gave him some Ibuprofen…he’d fallen asleep...” Taeyeon’s voice cracked a little from fatigue and gave a slight cough to clear . “I’ll have to see if his fever’s gone down later…but what’s up with Yeonie? She was crying in her sleep.”

Jessica sighed, remembering her daughter’s tear soaked face as she was sent to bed. Scolding Yeonie never felt good and she hated to see their Yeonie cry as much as Taeyeon did, but, “she was acting up and such behaviour will not be tolerated in the house.”

“Oh…”

“Or anywhere else for that matter. And don’t you dare tell me I was being too harsh on her.” Jessica threatened. “She needs to learn how to behave.”

Taeyeon kept quiet and the whole house was once again engulfed in silence. Jessica could hear Taeyeon’s breathing along with the steady thumping of her Darling’s heart whose rhythm was very much in sync with hers.

 

Raising children was not as easy as Jessica though it would be; they can be cute, but they can be a handful too, especially Yeonie whose happy-go-lucky personality reminded Jessica very much of Taeyeon...Give Yeon Woo a few more months and he will be running around with his sister wreaking havoc. Jessica shuddered, trying to shake the image out of her head, it was still too early to entertain such thoughts.

Because Taeyeon pampers the children way too much, Jessica had no choice but to be the bad person when it comes to taking disciplinary actions and she hated it whenever Taeyeon interrupted her, telling her to ease up. It did nothing but aggravated Jessica even more, who was very tempted to strangle the midget right there and then.

 

“Stop telling me how I should teach my kid. You better stay out of it when I’m disciplining her if you know what’s good for you.” Needless to say, Jessica’s anger was redirected at Taeyeon who went about doing her own things quietly while Jessica continued to snap at her for spoiling their daughter.

When Jessica cooled down afterwards, she would always feel bad about reprimanding Yeonie. Most of the time she would leave Yeonie alone for a few minutes before deciding to check on her, only to find that Taeyeon had beaten her to it.

“Don’t cry Princess, Mama’s here.” Taeyeon had Yeonie in her arms, patting the girl on her back to pacify her.

The sight of Yeonie telling her Mama how Mummy was angry at her amidst hiccups was adorable, and Jessica remembered rolling her eyes upon hearing Taeyeon’s replies which were somewhere along the lines of “Mummy’s a monster.” and “Mama’s scared of her too.”

Despite Taeyeon’s lack of seriousness, Jessica knows that Taeyeon would always shower their little girl with kisses all over her face, telling her to be a good girl from now on so the monster will not come out and reassuring Yeonie that her Mummy still loves her very much. Taeyeon would then send a visibly calmer Yeonie to Jessica, but the water works came back on full blast as soon as the toddler saw her Mummy.

“Sorry Mummy…hic…I will be…hic hic…good…*sniff*…Mummy! Hug me…wahhah…Mummyyy…”

And Jessica did so. She picked her daughter up and soft silky hair, giving smooches to those chubby cheeks every now and then until Yeonie’s head lay limp on her shoulder, exhausted from all the crying.

 

Jessica was thankful that such episodes only takes place twice or thrice a week and that Yeonie was generally well behaved most of the time. But it was emotionally draining for Jessica nonetheless.

“Taeng...” Jessica let out wearily, breaking the silence. “She wouldn’t listen and I just…”

“It is way past her usual bed time, she’s cranky.”

“That’s why I sent her off to bed, else she would still be standing at the corner facing the wall.” Jessica whispered, shifting some in Taeyeon’s arms. “I’m tired too, Taengoo-ah.”

“Yes you are, you big baby.” And that earned Taeyeon a light jab to her side.

No, she was not a big baby. She cannot afford to be one especially when there were already 2 in the house, 3 including Taeyeon. However, Jessica secretly felt like one whenever she had all of Taeyeon’s attention, she just would not admit it.

“Want to run away with me?” Jessica was still pouting at the previous insult when Taeyeon’s soothing voice reached her ears.

“What?” She had heard it the first time but she could not be sure if Taeyeon was being serious or not. Was Taeyeon suggesting a vacation?

“Do you want to run away with me?” Taeyeon repeated. “Just the both of us.”

As quickly as she had gotten excited, the mere thoughts of the children had her sighing deeply. Who would look after them if they are to leave? “You’re crazy.” She replied instead. After having Yeonie 3 years ago and then now Yeon Woo 2 years later, there was not a day where they could enjoy a peaceful day to themselves, let alone a vacation. “We can’t just up and leave, Taeng.”

“I mean we can take time off work and leave the children with our parents…we can work that out. I miss you, Sica.” Jessica felt Taeyeon nudging her temple with her nose, the affectionate action had her blush creeping up her neck, especially after hearing her wife mumbled the last 4 words.

It seemed like she was not the only one missing their alone time after all.

“Hmm…I’ll think about that.” Jessica replied coyly, pushing Taeyeon’s head away. Taking time off work was easier said than done and Jessica did not want to get her hopes up too high. With much reluctance, she pushed herself up onto her feet and headed to the bedroom. “Talk again when you have the specifics planned out.”

What she did not know was that Taeyeon had seen the smile she tried so hard to hold back and that said person was smiling to herself, already thinking of a list of places they could go.

“Taengoo.”

“Hmm?”

“What are you doing grinning like an idiot? It’s late already so get your in here and shower. You reek of depressing hospitals.”

And like the whipped wife that she was, Taeyeon scurried in after Jessica on the first command.

While Taeyeon was in the shower, Jessica went to check on her son, feeling his temperature with the back of her hand. Whatever medication Taeyeon gave him earlier seemed to be working, for he was not burning up as much as before.

‘My poor baby.’ Jessica thought as she leaned into the crib and placed a kiss to his forehead.

She gave Yeon Woo one last peck before turning to look at Yeonie’s figure curled up in the middle of the king size bed which she shares with Taeyeon and Jessica.

Yeonie was already asleep and Jessica sighed, yet again. She laid down next to her daughter, pulling the sleeping figure into her arms and holding her close.

‘You little rascal, always giving Mummy a hard time... But you know I love you right?’ As if she had heard those unsaid words, Yeonie snuggled closer against Jessica.

The child’s powdery scent was making Jessica drowsy and the last thing she remembered was of Taeyeon getting out of the bathroom before sleep claimed her.

 

--

 

Exactly 3 weeks after they had that conversation in the living room, Jessica found herself kissing her children goodbye at her parents’ house as early as 4 in the morning before getting whisked off to the airport and then onto the plane with a notably excited Taeyeon by her side.

Bangkok was their destination and all Jessica could think of was the shopping, but she soon found herself missing her children minutes after the plane took off.

“Taeng, do you think they’ll be alright? Maybe we should have brought them along.”

“Dear-”

“I’m worried about Yeon Woo, no I’m actually more worried about Yeonie. What if she wakes up in the middle of the night crying and looking for us? She’s going to give my parents a hard time.”

“Your parents managed you and Krystal just fine, they’ll be able to handle the 2 of them.”

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean? I was rather easy to look after as a child.”

“Sure, seeing that you spend most of your time sleeping anyway, my Queen.” Jessica squinted her eyes dangerously at Taeyeon but decided against saying anything because she knew it would end in her getting teased even more. “But no, honestly Sica, they’re going to be alright.”

“Still, I’m gonna miss them. I already do.”

“It’s too late to bring them with us anyway. Meanwhile you can bond with me…you know…the whole day…” And then Taeyeon leaned in, breath tickling Jessica’s ear as she whispered, “and at night too…in bed? I mean we’re spending Valentine’s Day together, alone. My gift to you. Even with the night shifts I did for the past week, I still had to practically beg Dr. Lee to cover me the next few days. All for you, so I can take you away.”

Jessica blushed hard, heart fluttering at Taeyeon’s words, momentarily forgetting about missing the children. Such were the effects Taeyeon still have on her after all these years…those butterflies in her stomach never seem to want to go away.

Instead of letting Taeyeon know how much her words were affecting her, Jessica gave her byuntae a light slap on her thigh before resting her head on the shorty’s shoulder. Taeyeon snickered at her reaction and Jessica wonder how a woman in her mid-30s, still could act so much like a child. 

 

--

 

Taeyeon led them both into their room after checking in moments before. Jessica had secretly snapped a photo of Taeyeon’s back as the latter meticulously checked through the papers at the reception counter. It reminded her of their spontaneous trips to the outskirts during semester breaks while they were still studying in the UK. ‘Younger carefree days.’ Jessica thought, chuckling to herself as she helped Taeyeon with their bags.

When that was done, Jessica latched herself onto Taeyeon arm, leaning against her and flashing her a cheshire smile.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” Jessica did not respond and started batting her eyelashes seductively. She was pretty certain it was shaking Taeyeon up inside despite the calm expression she had on. “Spill it. Just tell me what you want.”

Jessica’s grin only widen upon hearing that.

“Taengoo…” She purred, intertwining their fingers. It was time she brush up on her flirting skills which had been locked away for some time now. “You know. The shopping mall is just beside…”

Taeyeon snorted, dragging Jessica out of the room, making sure the door was locked.

“Why do you think I picked this hotel?”

Jessica stopped in her track, letting go of Taeyeon’s hand.

“You mean you’re going to let me shop even without begging you? What sorcery is this?” She asked disbelievingly, not seeming to wrap the idea of Taeyeon volunteering to go shopping with her around her head. Taeyeon stopped a few steps ahead of her, brows raised as she turned and looked at the dramatic woman. “You should have told me earlier, Taeng! And I won’t have to make a fool out of myself.”

Having decided that it was a sad attempt at flirting with her wife, regardless of her motive, Jessica buried her face into her palms, embarrassed. It did not matter if she was standing in the middle of the hallway and was potentially blacking the path of the other hotel guests.

“Aw, come on, baby.” Footsteps came nearer and soon enough, she could feel Taeyeon’s warm touch on her wrists, peeling her hands off her face. “Don’t cover that beautiful face from me.” Jessica pouted at that, resulting in a playful pinch on her nose by her wife. “Even if you’re too old for that, you still look as cute as you were 10 years ago.”

Jessica gasped, smacking Taeyeon’s hands away.

“Are you trying to say that I am old now? You’re such a jerk!”

She knew Taeyeon was joking, but it amused her to see Taeyeon’s flabbergasted face. Jessica stormed off to the lift without waiting for Taeyeon, a grin donning on her face when she was sure Taeyeon could not see. Taeyeon had said she was beautiful and she was liking that compliment a lot.

“Jessica…”

Before Jessica knew it, she was spun around and a pair of lips met hers briefly. It was just a peck and Jessica found herself staring into Taeyeon’s dark brown orbs as she pulled away.  

“You’re just about as old as I am, Sica. We can be old together. You, are beautiful nevertheless.”

“I know.” Jessica replied with a sneer, getting a grip of herself. She reached over to press for the lift before turning back to Taeyeon, giving her a smooch to the lips. “And I was only playing with you.”

“I know.” Taeyeon shrugged, standing closer to Jessica so she could hold her hand again.

The lift came then and only after replaying the conversation they had in her head for a few more times did realisation hit her.

“Do you not realise how retarded we were?” Jessica groaned, leaning into Taeyeon.

“Is that a bad thing? I mean, you obviously needed the cheese, you deprived little thing.”

Jessica groaned again at Taeyeon’s response. What was she expecting? She was looking at the Master of cheese production, though production had been very limited these days. Maybe a little more cheese in her life would not hurt. It had been a long time since they got to enjoy each other’s presence without the constant pressure from work and the distraction that was the children anyway.

Like the old times, Jessica found herself walking in front of Taeyeon while they shop, with the latter trailing behind with the shopping bags in tow. Like the old times, Taeyeon started complaining about being hungry merely an hour into Jessica’s shopping spree and they had to stop for lunch to give Taeyeon a reason to stop whining. The only difference was that Jessica had included shopping time for children and baby clothes

It was a short break from work, but it seemed like there was no way they could stop being parents. The children were constantly on Jessica’s mind and she knew they were too on Taeyeon’s. She knew it for sure because Taeyeon was checking her phone every now and then for photos of the children which Krystal would randomly send them throughout the day.

Their first day in Bangkok was a day of retail therapy for Jessica who hopped from one mall to another. Taeyeon was kept happy and quiet with frequent food stops along the way, be it a Starbucks for her green tea frap, a quick stop at a pastry shop for a cake or a random road side stall for a bowl of noodles. They even managed to steal pecks on the lips from one another, when the other was least expecting it. It reminded Jessica of their weekend dates back in those times when they would throw their books aside and Taeyeon would hold Jessica’s hand throughout the 90 minutes’ drive to London just to satisfy a certain person’s craving for shopping.

It was a good thing Taeyeon was pretty well acquainted with the streets and the BTS system due to her frequent visit to the city with her family when she was younger and it saved them a lot of time trying to figure out how to get around. She knew where to find good food and even better, the best places for shopping, much to Jessica’s delight. Taeyeon was like a GPS she could depend on and all Jessica had to do was follow behind her closely while getting around- the only time Taeyeon was leading them was when Jessica was not shopping.

By the time the day ended, both were rather exhausted from all the walking but the ever considerate and loving Taeyeon was kind enough to make a reservation at a popular massage parlour behind their hotel. There was a little voice at the back of Jessica’s mind telling her the massage was more so for Taeyeon herself than for her, seeing how much Taeyeon had whined about tired legs earlier.

Jessica was feeling very awake and rejuvenated after taking a nap during the 2 hours full body traditional Thai massage and since it was too late for more shopping, she resorted to spending her energy on Taeyeon in bed. With the addition of Yeon Woo into their small family, it was even harder for intimate times like this. Wake up, work, go home, time with the children, put them to bed. It had become a daily cycle and usually the moment Jessica’s head touched the pillow, she was off to dreamland. Only on good mornings did they manage to wake up early and sneak in a quicky before the cycle repeats itself again. With Jessica taking the initiative for that night, Taeyeon was obviously more than happy to entertain her, willing even.

Maybe Taeyeon had put a little more thoughts into it when booking for that massage session than Jessica initially realised. Jessica could not be too sure if it was a trap set by Taeyeon, not that she was complaining, but they certainly did manage to spend some ‘quality time’ with each other like Taeyeon had promised in the plane. That night (more like early morning), Jessica went to bed satisfied with the day’s happening. She had not felt that sore for a very long time but she happily welcome the ache, especially the one right between her thighs. It felt like how it was when they were still dating, with the sparks and all, and Jessica liked it very much; the feeling of a reckless teenager hopelessly in love.

 

Needless to say, they both woke up late on Valentine’s Day and missed the hotel’s breakfast buffet. But who cares when the shopping mall was right next door with a larger variety of food to choose from for brunch. Besides, Jessica would much rather spend some extra time that morning cuddling with Taeyeon, love struck goo-goo eyes and all the cheesiness that came with waking up after a long night of love making.

Brunch was black foe grass beef burger with Jessica cutting up the extra big size burger for Taeyeon like how she would for Yeonie, ultimately leaving her with a pouting wife who was barely acting her age while demanding to be fed. Despite feeling embarrassed and conscious of the looks they were getting from neighbouring tables, courtesy of Taeyeon, Jessica complied. The faster they finish their meal, the faster she would get out from the restaurant so she could finally breathe again. Jessica ended up walking out of the eatery 30 minutes later, declaring that she had brought along her overgrown 3 years old daughter on a Valentine date instead of her wife, much to Taeyeon’s chagrin.  

Taeyeon brought them to the Go-kart circuit afterwards, and Jessica had expected that from her Go-kart fanatic, who could not seem to grow out that hobby. It was still Taeyeon’s favourite past time after all these years and since Jessica was feeling extra giving that day when it came to Taeyeon, she decided to join in but ended up sulking as they got off the track when their 12 minutes was up. The maximum speed of those carts were 175km/hour and the stupid idiot had expertly overtook her 4 times while Jessica crawled at a speed of less than 40 km/hour, terrified by all the other carts zooming past her.

“I’ve got such a speedy wife I’m surprise she haven’t run away from my side yet.”

Taeyeon had laughed at that, giving her a peck on her temple proclaiming “your heart is the only place I’m running to, Darling.”

In order to cheer Jessica up, Taeyeon bought another set of tickets and somehow managed to convince Jessica to give it another go. This time however, Taeyeon slowed down her speed for Jessica’s sake and allowed the moping woman to take the lead.

The rest of the day was spent walking around Central world, where Jessica did not manage to finish exploring the previous day. They were way pass the stage of having candle lit dinner in some fancy restaurant- though it did not stop Taeyeon from getting Jessica a single stalk of rose since it was still Valentine's after all- and opted for Japanese Shabu Shabu buffet for an early dinner before catching a movie.

There were many people in the theatre when Jessica and Taeyeon got in, most of them were couples out on their Valentine dates. Jessica managed to get to her seat rather easily and watched on with amusement at the sight of Taeyeon struggling to get pass several pairs of legs while holding up 2 big packets of diapers carefully in an attempt to not accidentally whack anyone in the head with it. She knew she should have helped, but a struggling Taeyeon was cute to watch.

“Whoever brings diapers into cinemas?” Taeyeon mumbled under her breath when she finally took her seat beside Jessica. “Especially when they’re out on dates.”

“I can’t help it if they’re cheaper here, Taeng. Yeon Woo goes through them quickly. I’m helping us save some money.”

“Sure.”

“I’m actually thinking of getting more tomorrow.”

“Anything you say.” Taeyeon was starting to sound sour and it was getting on Jessica’s nerves.

“Way to ruin your Valentine, Taeng.” Jessica said, a warning to Taeyeon to stop being grouchy. “One more word from you and I’m out of here.”

Taeyeon kept quiet afterwards and Jessica continued her silent treatment even when she was dying to ask why everyone suddenly stood up and images of the Thai King appeared on the screen. But when the movie started, Jessica forgave Taeyeon as soon as the latter stealthily took her hand and laced their fingers together, the seat rest being the only thing preventing Jessica from snuggling up to her sneaky wife.

They got back to the hotel rather early that night with Jessica in a rather good mood and started packing their things. Jessica had bought so much stuff that it was impossible to pack them into the luggage they came with, but luckily for her, Taeyeon had the sense to pack an empty carry-on for Jessica to put her purchases. In the midst of packing and washing up, Krystal called and had put Yeonie on phone so the child could talk to her parents.

Yeonie had not cried looking for them since dropping her off at her grandparents’ along with her brother and Jessica was not too sure how to feel about it. Relief because her daughter had been a relatively good girl? Or sad that Yeonie had been having so much fun with her aunts to have no time to miss her Mothers? Regardless, Jessica and Taeyeon listened attentively like how they always do when their daughter’s excited voice rattled on and on, filling them in on what they had missed the last 2 days.  

The phone call was filled with ‘Aunty Krystal this, Aunty Krystal that, Grandpa, Grandma, Dada and Nana brought me somewhere’ and apparently Aunty Hayeon dropped by with her boyfriend too. Jessica smiled as Yeonie carried on talking like a bullet train. She turned to Taeyeon and saw that she was spotting a grin too, evidence of a proud parent knowing how much their child grows every day. The conversation ended within 10 minutes because overseas calls were expensive but Taeyeon assured Yeonie that they would be back tomorrow night. By the time the line went dead, Jessica was left missing her daughter and son even more.

“Taengoo-ah.” Jessica breathed, as she straddled Taeyeon’s lap in bed, feeling strong arms curling behind her back, supporting her. “We need to bring them with us the next time we decide to fly anywhere.”

Alone time with Taeyeon was great. But Jessica did not think that they would be having another vacation like this in the near future, at least not until Yeonie and Yeon Woo are older and are capable of taking care of themselves so she does not have to keep worrying about the children being away from them. A short break every now and then will be appreciated, as long as the children are within driving distance.

“This Christmas.” Taeyeon promised. “Let’s go somewhere together.”

Many kisses were exchanged while they spoke of their plans and they eventually came to a mutual agreement of making family vacation a yearly thing. When that was confirmed, Jessica pulled Taeyeon in by the belt loop of her shorts and kissed her deeply on the lips. Her aggressiveness had pushed the both of them into the soft mattress and she felt Taeyeon’s finger tangled into her hair. Not to be outdone, Taeyeon rolled them over and Jessica found herself lying on her back with Taeyeon hovering above her.

“I miss the children too, Sica.” Taeyeon breathed into her neck, making Jessica’s heart flutter. “But I really want you right now, Baby.” Her heart literally stopped at that and when it finally restarted after missing a beat, it was pumping at a pace 3 times faster than normal.

Screw the packing, it can wait. They were almost done anyway. Having come so far in their relationship, even saying ‘I love you’ did not seem to do any justice as to how Jessica really feels about her wife. And well, what was V Day without some love making to show some love for her byuntae? It seemed like said byuntae was on the same page as her and Jessica found herself being stripped out of all her clothes within seconds, with Taeyeon nibbling on sensitive skin.

Jessica did not need Taeyeon to plan for any extravagant secret events, even if it was Valentine’s; not only does it kills brain cells as Jessica liked to put it, it also involves spending money she would much rather spend on her children instead. As long as Taeyeon is by her side, she can declare every day as Valentine’s Day and it will not matter. She will still love Taeyeon as much as she does any other day.

 

Their short vacation was coming to the end by the time morning came. The last day was more relaxing, having opt to spend it on hair treatments, more massages and more good-cheap food before they had to leave for the airport to catch their late afternoon flight. Jessica was excited at the prospect of seeing her children again, not to mention that there were quite a lot of cute clothing she had gotten for them and could not wait for them to try on every single piece. She did buy some more diapers like she told Taeyeon she would and Taeyeon had them packed into a cardboard box when they got to the airport afterwards.

 

--

 

Jessica’s face lit up as soon as Taeyeon turned into the driveway of her parents’ home. They had taken a taxi after touching down to drop off their belongings at home first before leaving again to fetch the children. They had called previously to inform Jessica parents that they were on their way and much to Jessica’s delight, Yeonie was sitting on the steps waiting for them and so was Yeon Woo who was in his Grandfather’s arms.

Yeonie came flying down the stairs, straight into Jessica’s embrace as soon as she stepped out of the car, tiny arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders.

“Hi there Honey, Mummy misses you so much.” And a loud smooching sound was heard as Jessica gave her daughter a big kiss on each cheek. Yeonie chortled, throwing her head back before planted a wet kiss on Jessica’s cheek too.

Jessica’s heart swelled as she patted her daughter’s behind. Taeyeon came just then, stealing her Princess from Jessica.

“Hi Daddy.” She gave her father a hug from the side. Yeon Woo was squirming in his Grandfather’s arms, reaching over for her. “Hey you, Mummy’s little warrior.” She cooed as her father handed Yeon Woo over, who immediately latched himself onto her blouse.

“You guys had fun?” Her father asked.

“Yea, we did. We did quite a lot of shopping. I got you and Mummy some clothes too.” Her father shook his head at that, not understanding how his daughter-in-law could put up with his daughter’s love for shopping. Said person was with Yeonie at the moment and their laughing could be heard in the background. Judging from Yeonie’s shrieks, Jessica knew that they were playing their usual game of airplane, which reminded her, “How were the children?”

“As good as they can be.” Her father reassured her, making Jessica smile, but then, “You are radiating, Soo Yeon. I see you’ve gotten yourself a wild tiger.”

“What?”

“That.”

Jessica looked down to where her father was pointing and when realisation hit her, blood rushed up to her face, giving it a deep red flush.

Yeon Woo had grabbed onto her collar, pulled it to the side and exposed some bare flesh. Right under her collar bone was a huge, angry red mark, unmistakably left behind by a set of teeth, visible even under the dim lighting. One need not be a genius to figure out that it was a hickey.

“Daddy!” Jessica gasped, flabbergasted.

“Well, let me know if you two are planning for a third. I don’t mind another grandchild in the mix seeing as Krystal still doesn’t have any plans to settle down any time soon.” Her father said, eyes twinkling. “A girl is good, but a boy is fine too, don’t you think so, Yeon Woo-ah?”

Jessica was left at the steps, mouth agape, as she watched her father retreated back into the house, chuckling to himself.

“It doesn’t work that way, Daddy.” Jessica said, voice barely above a whisper, tugging on her shirt in an attempt to get it out of Yeon Woo’s grip so she could cover up the evidence of Taeyeon’s passionate love from the night before.

Jessica and her small family of four stayed to chat long enough for both her mother and Krystal to notice her hickey too, curtesy of the baby’s grabbing hands. Though her mother was polite enough to not say anything about it, Krystal on the other hand teased to her no end by whispering into her ear, “So, Sissy, hot night eh. Was Unnie that good?” She went as far as offering to babysit her niece and nephew should Taeyeon and her decided to get on it again.

If it had been Jessica from 10 years ago, she would not have hesitated to grab her sister into a chokehold and strangle her until Krystal beg for mercy. But with Yeon Woo in her arms and Yeonie scrambling all over her on the couch, she was after all a mother of 2 children and had an image to uphold. All Jessica could do was to send a glare and bare her teeth at Krystal. Taeyeon sat beside her, unaware of the situation as she chatted with her in-laws while trying to grab hold of the overly excited Yeonie. Krystal’s teasing was starting to annoy Jessica and Jessica was more than glad when Taeyeon finally decided that it was time to go home.

Tomorrow she would wake up, not only as Taeyeon’s wife, but also as Yeonie and Yeon Woo’s Mummy. It was time they get back to their roles, get back to reality. Jessica was looking forward to it; even if it means being constantly exhausted. The children are growing up fast and she was adamant on spending more time making memories with them together with Taeyeon, while managing her work life of course… Speaking of which, maybe she should have a talk with Sunny soon about hiring another attorney. No, they definitely need the extra person to lessen their work load.

Work aside, Yeon Woo had already fallen asleep and it was time to get Yeonie to calm down so they could put her to bed. Despite being tired from travelling, Jessica found herself chasing down Yeonie alongside Taeyeon as the little one dashed from room to room, excited laughter reverberating throughout the house.

“Gotcha!” Jessica exclaimed, trapping a squealing Yeonie in her arms. “Come on, let’s get you washed up and off to bed you go.”

Jessica smiled when Yeonie kissed her and murmured an “Okay” with a huge Taeyeon-like grin, turning to look at Taeyeon who was sporting the original version.

“Looks like I’ve got all the Kims in my palm, Taengoo-ah.”

“Well, I’m not going anywhere. Don’t you remember? The only place I’m going is into your heart, Baby. Your heart.”

 

 

 

 

-FIN-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy Valentines dear readers! It’s a rather long oneshot, just Taengsic going about doing their own things. But yea, hope you enjoyed reading anyways. It has been 5 months since I ended the story and I want to know how you’ve been doing. So do drop me a comment!

Till the next time~