Chapter 10

Saving a Wreck

Taeyeon’s POV

“Taengoo, are you nervous?” Jessica asked, concerned.

We were already right in front of her house and I had subconsciously tightened my grip on her hand, causing her to wince. I loosened my hold, giving her an apologetic look.

“Yea…yea, I’m okay.” It was a lie.

Butterflies were fluttering around in my stomach, making me nauseous. I would have turned and made a run for it if it was not for Jessica’s hold on me. I had met her parents numerous times but it was before they found out about us and had Jessica stayed away from me. All of a sudden, they have wanted to meet me and I did not know the reason behind it. Had they finally accepted us? Or did they want to warn me to stay away from their daughter forever? The thought of it made me sick.

“It’s going to be alright, let’s go in and get it over and done with.” She gave me a reassuring smile.

Mr. Jung was reading the newspaper in the living room. He looked up from his newspaper as we walked in, shifting his gaze to our intertwined hands. Feeling conscious about it, I tried to pull my hand away from Jessica, but she tightened her grip on it, preventing me from doing so.

“We’re home daddy.”

“H-hi uncle.” I silently cursed myself for not being able to speak properly.

He gave us a nod of his head, acknowledging our presence and signaled to us that Mrs. Jung was in the kitchen. We found Mrs. Jung cooking there and she gave us a bright smile as we walked in.

“Hi Taeyeon, I’m glad you’re joining us for dinner. Why don’t the both of you go up and rest for a while, dinner will be ready soon.”

I greeted her back before Jessica dragged me up the stairs to her bedroom, locking the door behind her.

“Why are you locking the door?” I asked, confused by her actions.

“We want our privacy don’t we? Krystal’s home, I don’t want her walking in on us. I don’t plan on corrupting her innocence anytime soon.” she had this seductive smirk on her face, her voice dangerously low.

Her face was just inches away from mine, her tongue running across her lips slowly.

“W-what are y-you doing?” I gulped, swallowing a mouthful of saliva.

“What do you think I’m doing?” she purred.

Without giving me time to respond, she captured my bottom lip, gently on it. Stunned, I let her have her way. She pulled away from me seconds later, laughing like there was no tomorrow.

“Did you see your face Taeng? What were you thinking?” She asked in between laughter, gasping for air.

Dang! I just got teased.

“Come here! You…” I started chasing her around the room.

She tried dodging me but there were limited space where she could escape to and I had her cornered within a minute.

“Gotcha!” I whispered into her ears, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind. “You can’t run away from me too you know.”

“That’s not fair, you copied my words.”

“They are not copyrighted, Princess.” I turned her around to face me. “I missed you, and I’m sorry for everything.”

“You don’t have to be sorry. I should be the one saying sorry. I’m sorry for not knowing what you were going through and I’m sorry for not knowing how to make you feel better.”

She was about to say more but I pressed my lips on hers, effectively shutting her up.

“That was a copied move too Taeng. Can’t you be more creative?” She huffed, as soon as I remove myself from her.

“Well, I don’t know how else to make you stop talking besides, it was nobody’s fault but mine. I kept everything to myself, how were you supposed to know?”

“Do me a favor then, won’t you?”

“Tell me, I’ll grant you your wish.”

“Don’t keep everything to yourself, Darling. I want to be there for you when you’re having a hard time, just like how you’re always here for me.”

“I can’t promise you on that Princess, I’ve been doing that all my life. But I’ll try… I mean, I’ll do my best to change, just for you.”

“That’s all I need to know Taeng.”

I pushed myself onto her and leaned in for a kiss. It started off slow but it soon heated up and I found myself pinning her against the wall, hands crawling under her shirt, caressing her .

“Unnies! Mummy said to come down for dinner now!” Krystal shouted from the other side of the door, making the both of us jumped apart in surprise.

“Great. Just as things were about to get exciting.” I grumbled, sarcasm was thick in my voice.

“What do you mean get exciting? Control your erted thoughts Darling. Don’t get too ahead of yourself.” Jessica scoffed, slapping my hands away. “Yuri was right, you’ve got raging hormones.”

“I…”

“Let’s just go down for dinner, and stop pouting.”

Alright, I admit to thinking about doing erted stuff with Jessica. But hey, I was just pointing out that we were always getting interrupted during our make out session. I was not trying to imply anything!

I was starting to get fidgety when we got to the dining room. Mr. Jung was staring at us intently and I was feeling self-conscious again. Jessica must have felt my uneasiness as she gave my hand a small squeeze under the table. It made me relaxed just a little. Dinner was sort of quiet. Krystal was going on and on about a dress that she had saw online and was begging her mum to get it for her. Mrs. Jung continued to add food onto my plate, treating me like one of her daughters while Mr. Jung was silent throughout and that bothered me a little. It was very unusual of him.

“Leave the plates in the sink dear, I’ll have the maid wash them later.” Jessica’s mother told us as we finished the last of what was on our plates.

“Urgh! I’m so full, why did you cook so many dishes today mum?” Krystal was patting her stomach as she complained.

“Go to your room if you are done eating, Krystal.” Mr. Jung told his youngest daughter.

“Daddy…can’t I stay here for a while, I want to play the Xbox with Taeyeon Unnie."

“Maybe later. I need to talk with your sister and Taeyeon.” His tone was firm and Krystal knew better than to go against her father.

“Both of you in the living room now.” He turned to inform us as Krystal made her way out of the kitchen.

Jessica and I followed him and took our seat on the sofa. I was all jittery, squirming in my seat. Mrs. Jung joined us soon after with cups of water.

“What did your parents say about this, Taeyeon? Did they approve of the relationship?”

“Yes uncle.” I replied him, forcing myself to not look away from him.

“Are the both of you serious about this?”

“Daddy! We’ve been through this before! You promised not to…” Jessica was getting irritated.

“I know Jessica, but I want to hear it from Taeyeon.” He interrupted whatever Jessica was about to say.

“Yes, I really do love her and I would do anything for her.” The words left my mouth without hesitation.

I had no problems saying it aloud, with conviction. I had been so sure that my feelings for Jessica were genuine and it was not a onetime fling, not that I had had any girlfriends prior to her or been in any relationship for that matter. I was serious about her, about us.

“Very well. If you really love her, would you stay away from her then?”

“Dad!” Jessica started to protest, but her father shut her up with a look.

I kept quiet, not knowing how to answer his question, I saw Jessica glaring at me as if waiting for me to give a wrong response.

“That was a bit too much to ask from them Honey.” Mrs. Jung spoke up, placing her hand on her husband’s arm.

“It has been quite difficult for me to accept that our daughter is…you know, in love with…a person of the same gender. And as much as I would like to hope that it is just two teenagers, confused about their feelings, I can see that the both of you are being very serious about each other…Taeyeon, you’re a very sweet girl and all but people out there won’t be very accepting of the both of you. I don’t want my daughter getting hurt. I-”

“I’m not going to let her get hurt uncle. I promise I’ll protect her. Please believe me. I know I’m not in the position to say this right now, with me getting retained for a year and all, but I promise I’ll work hard and become someone that Jessica would be proud of.” It was rude of me to cut in half way while an adult was talking, but I could not help myself.

Jessica was beaming at me, obviously pleased by my words. Mr. Jung was looking at me with piercing eyes, making me felt like I was being scanned by a machine. I met his gaze back with the same intensity, willing him to see the sincerity behind my words.

“There is nothing I could do to stop you two from falling in love, is there?”

Mr. Jung relaxed back into his arm chair, crossing his fingers together.

“Daddy, we are already in love.” Jessica said quietly.

“Do whatever you want then.” He said with a wave of his hand. “But if anything happens and my daughter comes back home crying, I’ll hold you responsible.”

The man was calm. He was tired; he was done arguing with his daughter about her ual orientation every night; he had given in. All he wanted was for her to be happy and to not get hurt.

Jessica stood up and flung herself onto her father, giving him a tight hug.

“Thank you daddy…for accepting us.”

“I love you too mummy.” She said, turning towards her mother.

“I’ve always thought that the both of you look good together. It was just that the news came too sudden, you’ve never given us a heads up.” Mrs. Jung looked at the both of us, smiling.

“I won’t let you down, uncle, aunty. I will cherish her with all my heart.” I reassured them.

Jessica came back to me, slipping her arm over mine, clinging on tightly.

“I’m trusting you on that Taeyeon.” Mr. Jung stood up.

“Daddy, I’ll be out with Taengoo for a Christmas gathering tomorrow night. Will that be alright?”

“Taengoo?” Mr. Jung was stunned momentarily, but he managed to regain his composure. “Never mind...Whatever you want, Jessica.”

With that, he made his way to his study room, closing the door behind him. Mrs. Jung went up to check on Krystal, leaving us alone.

Jessica began smooching all over my face as soon as we were alone. I chuckled at her action. I can’t believe that we had finally gotten approval from our parents.

“You kiss like a dog, darling.” That earned me a hit on my chest, but it barely hurt.

“Oww…Aren’t you being too violent?”

“You were asking for it Kim Taeyeon.”

I kissed her on her forehead, pulling her into my arms.

“I love you Jessica Jung.”

“I love you too.” Her voice was muffled since she had her face pressed up against my body; nonetheless, my chest welled up upon hearing those words.

I spent the rest of the night playing the Xbox with Krystal, beating her in every single game. She started whining to her sister, complaining about how I was trashing her up so I let her win the next round on purpose, hoping to cheer her up. It has been a long time since I had enjoyed myself, free from all worries and I did not realize that it was getting late until Jessica pointed it out.

“Krys, one more round and Taeyeon’s going home. It’s late already.” Jessica told her sister.

Krystal was not pleased about it but I promised her that I would come by again soon.

“Fine, I’ll make sure I trash you in the game the next time round.” She vowed.

“Goodnight Krystal, I’ll see you soon!” I said, raising my voice a little, as she walked up the stairs to her room.

“I’ll pick you up at 5pm tomorrow, get yourself ready by then.” I informed my Princess.

She walked me to the door.

“Okay. Be safe. Call me once you get home.”

“I can take care myself, don’t worry.”

I closed the gap between our bodies to capture her lips. Our lips found their own rhythm, creating a little dance that only the both of us would understand. We pulled away only when the need for air was necessary.

“I love you, see you tomorrow.” She whispered, trying to steady her breathing.

“I love you too Princess.”

I went home that night feeling like a weight had finally been lifted off my shoulders. We could date freely now. We would not have to be constantly on our toes, afraid of getting caught by our parents. Having Jessica by my side was the only good thing that happened to me among all the bad stuff. I was glad that she was mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10! I’m back from my short Christmas getaway with my girlfriend and my mum was just a little upset that I spent the festive season away from home. After all, it had been a while since I’ve been home and I’ll be leaving again, soon, school break is almost over. However, she was easily appeased with a new hand bag we had gotten her on our trip, problem solved (: Okay, I felt bad about it, I had missed my family too. Anyways, the next chapter would be about the gathering that Taeyeon and Jessica would be going to... and Tiffany would be there. *Wink* someone’s getting jealous! I’ll try to have it up by tomorrow night; need to unpack my luggage before my mum starts raging on me.