Epilogue

Saving a Wreck

A/N Long chapter ahead, just saying. Think of it as a bonus for making you guys wait so long. Oh, and pardon any mistakes.

 

To: My Queen <3

Darling, I’m coming over now. Give me 10 (:

See you soon.

From: Taengoo

 

To: Taengoo

K.

From: My Queen

 

Taeyeon pouted at the short reply, having expected something along the line of ‘come quickly, love, I miss you’. Even so, she hurried out of the hospital, wanting to be next to her wife after a long day at work.

By the time Taeyeon reached the law firm, the entire unit was dark, save for the light from Jessica’s office. Taeyeon wondered if Jessica was watching YouTube videos or had fallen asleep on her sofa while waiting for her. Nonetheless, she knocked first to avoid startling her wife.

“Come in.” A voice came from the other side of the door.

Ah, so Jessica heard her. Taeyeon raised an eyebrow, curious as to what Jessica had been up to since it was apparent that the latter was not watching any videos and neither was she sleeping.

Taeyeon pushed the door open and tentatively poked just her head into the still brightly lit room, Taeyeon offered a small “Hi?” before frowning at the sight in front of her.

Jessica was still at work, typing whatever it was into the desktop. Files stacked up high by the edge of the desk and papers, which Taeyeon assumed to be legal documents, were strewn all over. Taeyeon suspected that Jessica had been at it for quite some time, even after office hours. That would explain the lack of SMS texts from Jessica who usually would flood her with messages asking to be picked up ASAP.

Taeyeon stepped into the office, closing the door behind her.

“Give me a few more minutes Taeng, I’m almost done.” Jessica said without looking up.

There were a lot of things Taeyeon wanted to do at that moment, including yelling at Jessica for not resting when she should be. Jessica had been hard at work for the past few weeks despite Taeyeon telling her to take things slowly. Taeyeon’s frustration at Jessica’s lack of response piled up and against her better judgment, raised her voice at her a few days ago and it all but sent the hormonal woman into a crying fit.

Taeyeon wanted to throw those papers away, burn them up so that Jessica would not be able to look at them anymore. But she knew better than to do that. It would end up upsetting Jessica, and no, that would not be good, not good at all for the Queen’s health.

“Okay, 5 minutes and we’re going home.” Taeyeon said instead, plopping her tired body down on the sofa.

She watched Jessica worked quietly. 5 minutes passed and then 10, but Jessica still showed no sign of getting up. Yet Taeyeon sat there waiting, wanting to see how long it would take before Jessica decided to wrap things up for the day.

It had been almost half an hour since she came and all that could be heard in the quiet office was Jessica silently typing away on her keyboard. Honestly, Taeyeon was getting bored and she had half a mind to drag Jessica out of the damn place, even if it meant tossing her wife over her shoulders.

Taeyeon’s phone rang at the moment and it almost scared the wits out of her, thinking it was the hospital calling because of an emergency. Her hand fumbled, trying to get the stupid phone out of her pocket. Seeing her sister’s name displayed on the screen, Taeyeon allowed herself to relax.

“What’s up?” She answered the call grumpily, eyeing Jessica who went back to typing on her desktop after flipping through some documents. Taeyeon could barely concentrate listening to Hayeon but managed to catch the gist of the conversation anyway. “Alright, she can stay over. We’ll come for her in the morning…” There was more talking from the other end and Taeyeon nodded her head, forgetting the fact that Hayeon could not see her “It’s okay. She will be sleeping by the time we reach, I don’t want to wake her up. Just don’t give my Princess anything sweet before bed… …I’m at the firm, your dear sister-in-law’s is still stuck to the chair.”

She regretted it as soon as the words left and before she could stop Hayeon, she heard the little brat ratting out that last piece of information to their mother. Soon, her mother was put on the phone and through the naggings for letting Jessica work at this time of the night -9.30pm, which was not very late by Taeyeon’s standard- all Taeyeon could do was nod her head and offered a few ‘hmm’ here and there whenever it was necessary.

“Mum…mama…Mum!” Taeyeon could not help but cut in so her mum could stop her nagging and listen to her for once. “I know, I get it. Don’t worry, I’ll get her out soon and make sure she eats something before going home. Okay? I’m sorry.” She had no idea why she was apologizing for Jessica working but did anyway. “Mum, I’m hanging up, see you in the morning. Love you.”

Taeyeon sighed, letting her phone drop beside her. She closed her eyes and counted to 10 silently before opening them again.

“Baby?” She called out. “Sica-ya.”

“…Hmm?”

“Come on, let’s go.” Taeyeon pushed herself onto her feet and made her way over to Jessica.

“Just a minute.”

Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Jessica from the back, as best as she could with the backrest of the chair getting in the way.

“You said that 40 minutes ago. Mum got upset at me when she learnt that you’re still in the office.”

“But Taeyeon…”

Unwrapping her arms around Jessica, Taeyeon turned the swivel chair away from the desk. Stepping round, she half squatted half kneeled in front of her wife, taking Jessica’s hand into her own and planting a soft kiss to the back of it.

“I know you want to clear as much work as possible so Sunny wouldn’t have too much on her plate later on, but I don’t want you to overwork yourself. You know it isn’t good… Sunny will understand. The new intern’s coming soon, she’ll have help.”

“But-”

“Darling, I just want you to take it easy. I’m not saying you should stop working all together, you know, spread them out.” Taeyeon gazed into Jessica’s eyes softly, wanting her to know that she was not being scolded. “Your health comes first and if I catch you working non- stop like this again, I’m going to ask Sunny to bar you from entering the office.” She added firmly. “You don’t want that do you?”

Jessica looked down at her lap and Taeyeon took her silence as an opportunity to push further.

“Let’s go for now, okay? You need to rest for tomorrow’s outing.” Taeyeon stood up and grabbed Jessica’s handbag, turning back to her when she noticed that the latter had not moved at all. “Are you getting up by yourself or do you need me to help you.”

Jessica sighed and pushed herself up, giving Taeyeon a slight glare which she was so used to that it no longer scares her. “I, am pregnant. Not lame. I don’t need your help getting anywhere.” With that she strutted out of her office, leaving Taeyeon staring after her in amusement.

Taeyeon snorted at the sight, retrieved her previously discarded phone and followed her wife out. As she squatted down to lock the unit up, Jessica merely stood by her side like the Queen that she was, cradling her barely visible baby bump. Taeyeon peered up at her in her position and shook her head with a smirk playing on her lips. Straightening herself, she took Jessica’s hand and led them to the lift.

“Do you want anything to eat?” Taeyeon asked.

“Hmm…I’m up for bean curd. It closes at 11.30, so we’ve still got time.”

Taeyeon groaned inwardly, not bothering to ask which store it was. There was only one bean curd store Jessica would eat from and it was the one they used to visit after school. Unfortunately for Taeyeon, it was in the opposite direction from home and it was not like she could complain and say no to Jessica, she was not the one pregnant. Try refusing the pregnant woman and she would hear no end of it for the next few days.

Damn pregnant lady with her damn cravings, but Taeyeon supposed it was her fault to begin with, it was she who had insisted on a second child after all.

“Right, the bean curd store it is then….oh, and we’re picking up Princess tomorrow.”

“Why?”

“Apparently Krystal is staying over and they wanted to play with the baby.”

“So it’s just the 2 of us tonight?” Taeyeon recognized the hopeful sparkle in Jessica’s eyes, knowing exactly what she was thinking of.

“Yup.” Taeyeon confirmed and she knew she was in for a very long night.

 

--

 

“Darling…Please…” Taeyeon groaned, rolling away from Jessica. “I’m too tired. Please?” She pleaded, grabbing a pillow and hugging it close to her front.

“One more round, baby. Just one more round.” Jessica crawled towards her wife, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she shook Taeyeon by her shoulders. “Aww, come on, Taengoo-ah.”

Taeyeon made the mistake of opening her eyes, meeting Jessica’s pleading gaze, complete with a pout. How could she refuse? Taeyeon let out another groan and closed her eyes again, turning her head away. She was painfully aware of Jessica’s bare arm pressing up against her side.

“Taengoo-ah~” Jessica cooed, right beside her ear, sending shivers through her entire being. “Please? We hardly have time for this anymore, not with a 2 year old who constantly needs our attention.”

“I can’t.” Taeyeon protested weakly, flipping onto her front, still hugging the pillow protectively. It was an understatement to say that she was tired. If anything, Taeyeon was beyond drained, exhausted and sore to the bones. No thanks to Her Royal Highness. Damn pregnant lady with her cravings, and her hormones. “I love you, but I can’t.”

Taeyeon shuddered, whimpering a little as lithe fingers slowly made their way down the contours of her spine. She knew Jessica was trying to get her into the mood, to tempt her into going for another mind-blowing round of hot passionate love making, but there was also so much a erted midget could take in one night. With whatever strength she had left, Taeyeon managed to free one arm from under the pillow. And before Jessica could ‘molest’ her any further, Taeyeon squirmed her way about, scoping the Queen into her arms.

Taeyeon’s heart almost melted at the sight of Jessica’s dejected face, but the soreness of her body reminded her just why she could not give in to Jessica’s plea, not even if she missed having y times like this.

“Why, Taeng? I promise to let you rest after this. Just one more time.” Jessica asked in a small voice, fingers playing along Taeyeon’s collar bone. “I promise to not stress myself with work too.”

“You better not, you know it’s not good for the baby too.” Taeyeon softly kissed Jessica’s crown, running her fingers through the dark brown tresses which Jessica had dyed not long ago. “But I really don’t think I have it in me for one more round, Princess.” It was all Jessica’s fault really, though Taeyeon did enjoy it but decided against saying it out loud. They had been going at it for hours since they came back after having some bean curd. “Let’s rest, we did promise to bring our baby to the zoo. You need the sleep.”

Taeyeon sighed in relief when Jessica relented and snuggled closer. Wrapping her arms tighter around Jessica’s waist, Taeyeon took a quick glance at the clock by the bed, noting that they had about 5 hours of sleep to recharge and get ready for a day of chasing after their little bundle of joy.

“You never call me Princess these days.” Jessica commented offhandedly and it was only then did Taeyeon realize that she had called Jessica by her old nickname. “All you see is our baby.”

“But Yeonie is our Princess.” The corner of Taeyeon’s lips tugged up a little as she nuzzled her nose into the jealous pregnant woman’s hair, sniffing in all her scent. “And you’re my Queen aren’t you?”

Jessica did not respond and Taeyeon assumed she was too deep in her thoughts to even bother replying her anyway. Taeyeon closed her eyes, letting sleep claim her, knowing that in few hours’ time her baby girl would be running into her arms.

 

--

 

It had been 5 years since Taeyeon’s proposal and 4 since they got married, mainly because it was hard for Taeyeon to get days off from work. They kept the ceremony short and simple, all was over within half an hour. Even so, Taeyeon could neither forget the bashful smile on Jessica’s face as her father walked her down the chapel, nor the way Jessica peeped at her through long eyelashes during the solemnization, her beautiful brown eyes swelling up with tears when vows and wedding rings were exchanged. Taeyeon remembered wiping those tears away before leaning in to kiss her bride, sealing the deal in front of family and friends.

2 years into their marriage, Jessica managed to convince Taeyeon into getting her DNA extracted for in vitro fertilization. (I know it’s not possible but let’s just say that technology is advance enough for the baby to have both their DNA.) 9 months after, Taeyeon and Jessica welcomed a healthy baby girl, after much squeezing, screaming, groaning and cursing on Jessica’s part. Taeyeon had never heard Jessica said the 4 letter F word so many times within that few hours. Even when they got into arguments, Jessica hardly throw any vulgarities, her worse being ‘damn you’ and ‘what the hell, you idiot’.

They might had disagreed on certain occasions like whose turn it was to do the laundry, even over stupid things such as squeezing the toothpaste from the middle or the bottom. But when it came to naming their baby, they were on the same page. They simply took the common character in their names and named her Kim Yeon. Taeyeon calls her ‘my Princess Yeonie’ and that was how Jessica lost her Princess title to her own daughter.

Taeyeon never thought she would be ready to be a parent, not when they were both so busy with work. Admittedly, she was a person with many flaws and wondered if she can be a good role model for her child. But the moment she first laid eyes on their daughter, all Taeyeon could think of was Yeonie being the prettiest little girl ever, even if she was lying on Jessica’s chest, blue and wrinkled, still covered in a layer of gooey-bloody mess. She wanted to be the best person for her Princess, give her the best of everything. It was not that surprising Jessica was the strict disciplinarian out of the 2 of them while Taeyeon was whipped for her daughter just as much as she was whipped for her wife. Out of all the things she had done in her life, agreeing to have a child was the best decision Taeyeon had made next to marrying Jessica.

The addition of Yeonie into the family meant making changes to their lifestyle. There was lesser y time for the couple and more waking up in the middle of the night to feed the crying baby. Despite Jessica being a sleepy head, her body was trained in a way that she would automatically wake up if Yeonie so much as let out the slightest whimper.

As much as they both love their own little space to work or read, one of them will have to give up their study so that Yeonie will have her own bedroom when she is big enough, one day.

When Jessica got back to work 3 months after giving birth, they would leave Yeonie in her grandparents’ care, who took turns on alternate weeks, while her parents work. But both Taeyeon and Jessica made sure to spend some time with her at night no matter how tired they were.

Having said that, preparing to get out of the house every morning was like fighting a war. They had to wash up, get changed, feed the baby and drop her off with either Taeyeon’s or Jessica’s parents. Many times Taeyeon found herself on the verge of having a mental breakdown especially on bad mornings when she was running late for work but Jessica still had not gotten ready to leave and the baby would not stop crying for some unknown reasons. With the 2 of them being so sleep deprived, it was so easy for either of them to lose their cool.

 

“Taeng! Have you given Yeonie her milk?” Jessica would rush out from the bathroom fingers fumbling with the buttons of her blouse.

“She won’t stop crying.” Taeyeon stated flatly like it was the most obvious thing ever. She was rocking the little bundle in her arms, trying to calm the wailing baby down. “Hush Princess, what’s wrong with you.” She cooed at her daughter helplessly, worried that Yeonie was sick somewhere.

“Do something about it then, we’re both going to be late at this rate.” Jessica replied irritably.

“I’m trying!” Taeyeon raised her voice a little, Jessica’s irritation adding on to her frustration. It all but startled the infant in her arms who wailed even louder, her little face turning a dark shade of red. “Why don’t you do it instead of telling me what to do?!”

“Well, now you know how I felt when she’s having a fit and you weren’t around to help.” Jessica brushed pass her, switching on the hairdryer, trying desperately to get her hair to dry faster.

Taeyeon’s head spun from the persistent crying and wanted so very much to throw a tantrum and cry along with Yeonie. Her lips trembled as she gave her daughter a quick check to see if there was anything wrong with her. What if Yeonie was really sick and she did not notice?

As worried as she was, Taeyeon could not be late for work, her patients were waiting for her. They ended up leaving a crying Yeonie with Taeyeon’s parents before rushing off. She only calmed down after her mother called to inform that Yeonie had had her milk and they were about to take her out for a morning walk.

 

Every Saturday morning was reading time in the balcony for Taeyeon but it too changed when Yeonie grew a little older. Taeyeon would bring her down to the toddlers’ pool to splash about for a while as Jessica continued to sleep. Hayeon would come with them sometimes, and occasionally Krystal too. Afternoon were usually spent wondering around the city as a family or going to parks.

To put it simply, weekends were dedicated entirely to their daughter, to make up for the time they could not spend with her during the week. It is definitely not easy to juggle both work and parenting and Taeyeon make it a point to treat both her parents and Jessica’s better, if she was not already.

 

--

 

“Mammie!...Dada, mamas here!”

Taeyeon could not stop the grin from spreading across her face hearing Yeonie’s shriek when they step through the door. The 2 year old was squirming in her grandfather’s arm, hands reaching out for Jessica.

As soon as she was in Jessica’s arms, the toddler rested her cheek on her mother’s shoulder with a silly grin on her face, fingers twiddling with Jessica’s hair. That smile was an exact replica of Taeyeon’s and it was at times like this that Taeyeon realized Yeonie was definitely her daughter. It still amazes her to see part of herself and Jessica in another being.

“She has been looking for you both since she woke up.” Taeyeon’s father said, sinking into the sofa, watching Jessica fuss over the toddler.

“How long has she been up?”

“Since 7. You came a little late.”

Ops. Taeyeon averted her eyes from her dad, trying to hide her embarrassment. He did not need to know the reason why they could not get up earlier.

“But it’s okay, she had got her aunts to entertain her. They left a while ago to get breakfast.” He continued.

Taeyeon hummed in response, bending down to hover over her Princess who was currently lying on Jessica’s lap on the couch, drinking from her bottle.

“Hi Princess.” She chuckled, poking her daughter’s cheek. “Did you miss Mama?”

Yeonie giggled and choked a little on her water.

“Careful there, Honey.” Jessica said softly, taking back the bottle Yeonie had pushed away. Sending Taeyeon a stern look, she added, “don’t distract her.” and then silently mouthed ‘stupid’.

Uh oh.

Just then Taeyeon’s mother came out from the kitchen with a bowl of chicken tonic soup which is supposedly good for pregnant ladies and ushered Jessica over to drink up.

“Mama, we see animals today?” Yeonie looked up at Taeyeon, head cocked to the side.

“Yes Princess, after Mummy finishes her soup alright?” The toddler squealed, crawling onto Taeyeon’s lap as soon as Taeyeon settled herself on the couch. “Look at you. You’re excited aren’t you? Give Mama a kiss, Mama missed you.” Taeyeon chortled when a wet pair of lips met her cheek. Satisfied with it, she proceeded to smothering her Princess with kisses all over her face resulting in more squealing and squirming from the child. “Let’s go see some animals later. There’s this water playground we can go too.”

By the time Jessica was ready to leave, Taeyeon had gotten Yeonie hyped up enough for the Princess to be already waiting by the door with her shoes in hand.

“Honey, what animals are we going to see at the zoo later?” Jessica asked, head tilted to the backseat where her daughter was.

“Zoo!” Came the excited reply. Taeyeon chuckled, seeing the Princess bouncing in her car seat through her rear view mirror.

“Yes, we’re going to the zoo. But what will we see? What animals?” Jessica continued to prompt.

“Jirralf! Ralf ralf!”

“You want to see the giraffe?” Jessica grinned and nodded at Yeonie who held her arms up in the air, clenching and opening her hands again and again.

“Jirralf! Woof too, Mammie.”

“You want to see the dogs too?” Jessica asked, feigning surprise.

“Dog, doggy!” Yeonie repeated. “Roar! Alefant! Monkey…!” And she was off recited the animals Taeyeon told her they would see. “Fishy?”

“Do they even have fishes at the zoo?” Jessica whipped her head around and asked Taeyeon.

“No idea. Haven’t been to the zoo in ages.” They had better have fishes in the zoo or Taeyeon supposed they would be visiting the aquarium on their next outing. Not that she minded.

“It’s going to be a long day ahead…Taengoo, I’m actually quite sore.” Jessica confessed.

“You know, if you had your way with that ‘last round’, I doubt you’ll be walking today.” It earned Taeyeon a nudge to her ribs and she grimaced. “What? She wouldn’t understand us anyway.”

 

Yeonie was a ball of energy even Taeyeon had a hard time catching up with her. They got to see the monkeys and otters Yeonie so wanted to see, went to different animal shows, taking photos along the way. Taeyeon brought Yeonie to the water playground as promised while Jessica stayed in the shade and waited, looking through the photos they had taken so far and taking even more photos of Taeyeon and Yeonie as they came down the slide . 

As the day drew to a close, Yeonie’s energy level winded down and insisted for Jessica to lift her up. She whined in protest when Taeyeon tried to pry her away after a while telling her she was too heavy and that ‘Mummy can’t carry you for too long’. But after some persuasion and kisses, she eventually went into Taeyeon’s arms, face buried into Taeyeon’s shoulder.

The Princess could not even keep her eyes opened and ended up sleeping on Taeyeon’s lap as her parents ate their dinner. She was still fast asleep when they got home and Jessica was forced to wake her daughter up briefly for a quick shower before tucking her into her crib and giving her a bottle of milk to drink.

Taeyeon laid on her side watching her Princess sleep, while her Queen took her turn in the bathroom. Reaching over to sweep away stands of hair covering her daughter’s face, her hand moved downwards and started gently patting the sleeping girl. She was so lost in thought, admiring her baby’s features that she barely heard the water in the bathroom stopped running. Only when she felt the bed dip did she realize that Jessica had come out from the shower.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

Taeyeon rolled towards the middle of the king size bed, towards her wife. Jessica was sitting straight with her back resting on the headboard. In their current position, Jessica’s baby bump was right in front of Taeyeon’s face. Lifting a finger, Taeyeon drew random patterns on it absentmindedly as Jessica cradled her stomach.

“I’m starting to show, Taengoo-ah.” Jessica whispered, pulling her shirt up to expose her tummy. “It’s going to grow bigger.”

“I know.”  

“I’m going to be fat again and we still have 6 more months to go.”

“You’re still going to be beautiful, darling.” Taeyeon leaned in and kissed the exposed skin before pushing herself up into a sitting position. Putting an arm around Jessica’s shoulder, she allowed for the pregnant woman to lay her head on her shoulder. “We should be able to know the gender of the baby by your next appointment… boy or a girl, which do you prefer Sooyeon-ah?”

“Mmm…since we’ve got Yeonie, a boy will be nice. What about you?”

“It doesn’t matter, as long as the baby’s healthy...” Taeyeon tilted her head to take a look at the child sleeping peacefully, hugging her bolster with her nose buried in it. “Mummy?”

“Mm?”

“Have I thank you for our Princess Yeonie?”

“All the time, Taengoo- ah.” Jessica followed Taeyeon’s line of sight, chuckling lightly at what she saw. “She takes after you, our Yeonie. Just look at the way she sleeps.”

“I know, I realized……” Taeyeon shifted some, easing Jessica onto her pillow. She hovered above the pregnant woman, careful not to press on her abdomen. “Mummy, do you mean it when you said you won’t stress yourself over work?”

“If only you would give me the ‘last round’ yesterday night.” Jessica pouted. “Which you didn’t.”

“No seriously. Sica-ah. It’s not good for the bab-”

Jessica cut her off with a kiss, wrapping her arms around Taeyeon’s neck. “It’s not good for the baby, yes, I know. Stop nagging me.”

“But I still see you working after office hours. The reason I’m letting you work is because I saw how bored you were slacking around during your first pregnancy but you’re going to make me regret my decision if you continue on like this.”

“I’m sorry, okay, I’m sorry. I can’t promise it won’t happen again, sometimes I just got so caught up in it I forgot the time.”

“That’s a sign of addiction and-” A look from Jessica and Taeyeon shut up immediately.

“I can’t promise you it won’t happen again, but I can promise that I won’t stress myself up, I know my limits. Do you trust me?”

“I…I don’t know.” Taeyeon whispered. “Baby, I’m a doctor and all I know is that you should be getting plenty of rest. I need you to work less, not overtime. You need to walk around for a bit instead of sitting down for such a long period of time. It’s going to reduce blood flow to the baby, cause edema at your feet, and-”

“Whoa, okay, you’re losing me there doc. Sometimes I wonder if it’s a good thing my wife works in the medical field or not. Maybe it’s just you, cause you nag way too much and you don’t used to be like that, but you know what?” Jessica asked rhetorically, “I’ve been pregnant once, I know my limits. I’m not stupid.” It was not about being stupid or not, Taeyeon thought but Jessica cupped Taeyeon’s face and soothed the frown that had formed. “I’ve already stopped accepting clients and the secretary is already sending documents to the court in my stead. There isn’t really anything left for me to do except for boring paper work. And Taengoo, I’m not going to work right till I go into labor. As soon as I’m finish with things on hand I’m going to take off and spend time with Yeonie.”

“I didn’t know about that.”

“Of course you don’t, silly, I’m telling you now.” Taeyeon grimaced as Jessica squished her cheeks together. “You know she’s going to get half our attention with this second baby, she’s got to learn to share, to be a good big sister….but before that I want to give her 100% of my attention, something which I haven’t done since she was 3 months old.”

Taeyeon let out a defeated sigh clambering off Jessica. She then laid down beside the latter, an arm under her head.

“You trust me don’t you? ......If it makes you happier, I promise to take short breaks, like walk around or something.”

“Fine.” Taeyeon finally let out after a moment of deliberation. “Whatever you want.”

“Are you sure?” Jessica shifted onto her side to face Taeyeon, her thumb against the latter’s cheek. “I need you to be really okay with it, love. Or you’re going to start nagging at me again.”

“If you know what you’re doing…I don’t see any reason not to trust you.” Taeyeon knew she tried her best. There was no changing Jessica’s decision once she set her mind to it. At least they had reached a mutual understanding. “But I might just ask Jamie to check in on you, like make sure you’re getting your rest like you promise to.”

“No, don’t. Seriously.” Jessica looked aghast, promptly withdrawing her hand. That look had sent Taeyeon laughing, but as soon as she started, she stopped immediately, having seen Yeonie jerk in her sleep. “I’m not a baby and I don’t need my secretary to think that I’m not capable of taking care of myself. So if you love me, don’t you ever do that to me.”

“Your wish is my command, my Queen.” And Taeyeon leaned in to give Jessica a kiss, to which the latter reciprocated. She gazed into Jessica’s eyes softly as they pulled away from each other. “Okay, now that we’ve got that matter out of the way…what do you say to a round of y time?” Taeyeon asked, wriggling her eyebrows, face sporting a mischievous smirk. “She’s asleep, as long as we don’t make too much noise…”

Jessica hit Taeyeon’s arm but she too was tempted by the offer. “Should we?”

“If only you promise not to scream.”

“Can do. Now, go switch off the lights.”

Taeyeon did as Jessica ordered, joining her wife back in bed seconds later. Within the next few minutes, they had gotten out of their sleep wear and were all over each other.

 

On normal days, Taeyeon sometimes thought about how she had come into Jessica’s life like a wrecking ball literally, how much her wife had done for her over the years, picking up the pieces. She had grown up considerably. Though she still had her weak moments, Jessica was there to share the burden, she was not alone. It gave Taeyeon more reasons to hold her Queen tighter and shower her with the love she deserves. Her Princess Yeonie kept her anchored and with the other baby on the way, all the more she had to be responsible for herself and her family. Living is about learning, and she is going to do just that- learn to be a better person, a better partner and a better parent. Nobody is perfect but she’s going to learn and improve as they go along.

But right now, lying beside Jessica , spent and sweaty, all Taeyeon could think of was how much she loves her Queen, her Princess and the unborn child. She don’t know if she is going to wake up the next day to Yeonie crying for attention or if she was going to get into another argument with Jessica over what to eat for breakfast. All she knows is that she was done running away a long time ago. It took her some time to realize, but now she knows. As corny as it sounds, home is with Jessica and Jessica will always be there waiting for her.

 

-End-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alright, so ‘Saving a Wreck’ is officially completed. It’s the longest chapter by far and I’m hoping your eyes aren’t hurting by the time you read this. A very big thank you to those who stayed from the beginning to the end, and also to those who had subscribed, upvoted and commented. Now that I’m done with this, I’ll go back to being a reader for the time being. I don’t know if I’ll be starting another story soon, but if inspiration comes, then I guess I will. Till then, I’ll leave you with this.

Hope you enjoyed reading the last chapter and as usual, comments are very welcome (: