-Chapter 1-

Shadows of Infinity

-Chapter 1-

Sunggyu's eyes were closed and he did not want to be disturbed for an hour by his dongsaeng.  He said that if they woke him up they were going to regret it.  People like Woohyun think Sunggyu is not fit to be leader, but the truth was he was the most fit out of all of them.  He just doesn't show his true colors unless it is absolutely needed.

Sunggyu heard the door of his room open and shut.  Sunggyu knew it could be one of two people.  It was either Dongwoo his right hand man who he could never get mad at.  Dongwoo just has a lovable personality when he is  not a complete psychopath with those explosives of his.  If he wasn't around when Dongwoo lost it who knows what would have happened to this palace or it could be...

Sunggyu rolled on his side and picked up the scent of flowers.  It was her again.  He was wondering what she needed from him this time.  He felt her soft hands on his shoulder and he slowly opened his eyes and met with Princess Miyoung's big, warm, chocolate brown eyes.

"Sunggyu..." Her voice was like music to his ears.  Miyoung was so kind and really cared about others.  He knew that she hated the whole idea about status, but lately she has been acting stranger than normal.  She has been coming to him more other and seems very upset lately.  He hates seeing her upset. She vents about marriage interviews and keeps saying she is too young to get married and wants to fall in love and not be forces to love.  He knows what Miyoung wants, it's her independence.  She hates being stuck in the kingdom every day.

 Sunggyu thought about the time before Miyoung's father had the thrown.  He remembered the horrible man even though he was young.  He remembered his master coming back with some sort of injury from the former king.  Sunggyu shook off his thoughts and wondered what the princess wanted.

"Is everything alright?" Sunggyu asked as he sat up rubbing his abnormally small eyes.  He does not think they are that small. His eyes makes him special. He pushed some of his brown hair out of his eyes before focusing his attention on Miyoung.

"Nothing you need to be concerned about Sunggyu. I am just..." Miyoung said in a soft voice.  She was in extravagate clothing again.  He knew she liked simple clothing better, but it was rare to see her in them.  She is always beautiful in his eyes.

"Hiding from social calls again." Sunggyu smirked and was about to stand up, but he felt Miyoung pull him back down to the floor. He blinked a few times before looking into her sad eyes.  He hated when she wasn't smiling.

"The man my father is trying to set me up with is 30 years older than me. I don't want to marry someone who is 53. He is old enough to be my father. I refuse! I rather be disowned than marry a grandpa. He will die before me. What is my father thinking?" Miyoung crossed her arms and looked at Sunggyu who was smirking.

Sunggyu chuckled slightly.  He remembered the other reason why he got along with Miyoung. They were the same age and they way she described things was always entertaining.  His eyes vanished and he could not stop laughing.

"YAHH this isn't funny. I don't want to have a family with an old man. Imagine how my kids will look." Miyoung crossed her arms.

Sunggyu stop laughing and his eyes sharpened and went straight for the door. He stood up slowly and pulled out a small knife that he kept hidden in his clothing.  He heard the door open and threw the knife that caused Sungyeol to jump.  His high pitch dolphin scream filled the air. The knife could have hit him if he entered the room sooner.

"Don't tell me you are snooping for information about me again?" Sunggyu crossed his arms and the princess stood up and chuckled. "You would have been dead right now if I did not hold back. Do you understand Sungyeol."

"You need to stop scaring them Sunggyu."  Miyoung smiled. "Hi Sungyeol sii."

"Noona what are you doing here again. In hyung's room...all alone. He told us not to bother him for an...hyung you sly fox. I only thought Woohyun hyung was like that." Sungyeol smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Do you always have to jump to conclusions?" Sunggyu said in an irritated tone. "I only ask for an hour and you guys still..." Sunggyu felt Miyoung place a hand on his arm to stop him from throwing things out of proportion again like he always does. 

"I came here because needed to ask Sunggyu something. He was about to me back to the palace. Please don't think poorly of him. It is my fault from coming here unannounced Sungyeol." Miyoung smiled.

"Nehh noona." Sungyeol said as he tried to pull the knife out of the doorframe.  Sunggyu walked over and pulled the knife out without any problems.  He put it back in his clothing and walked out the door. Sunggyu walked out of the his room and shut the door behind him.

"Go back to the training grounds. I will be there momentarily." Sunggyu said, "Yah don't you dare go into my room. You will never find anything in there. I have the place y trapped. If you touch or move anything in my room I will know."

"Nehh...." Sungyeol said hurrying in the opposite direction from Sunggyu.

---

Dongwoo was watching the kids as they trained.  He yawned and stretched his arms over his head.  He was starting to wonder what was taking Sungyeol so long to  use the bathroom. He hoped the kid did not bother Sunggyu again.  If he did Dongwoo knew that training would be harsher than normal.

He turned around and noticed Sungyeol was talking to Myungsoo. "Seriously, L I am telling the truth. I think hyung is dating noona behind our backs.  She is always hanging around him L. The sly little fox of a leader is going to get caught one of these days. We are going to get kicked out of the kingdom. I just know it."

"You know that you should not snoop and he will not jeopardize our positions here. Sunggyu hyung is to loyal." Hoya said, "He is not Woohyun." Hoya was finished stretching.  He was ready to train when Sunggyu arrived.

"Yahhh I heard that Howon." Woohyun said as he walked up to the man with black hair covering his eyes.  He gripped onto Hoya's shirt and growled.

"You go out and find a new woman every night. I barely get any sleep because of you." Hoya  placed a hand on Woohyun's wrist and pulled is hand off of his shirt.  Hoya pushed Woohyun away and crossed his arms, "Don't call me Howon."

"I will call you whatever I want.  I don't trust our leader and he is never around.  He is always sleeping. He is so lazy and should not be our leader." Woohyun crossed his arms. He jumped when he felt someone his arm.

"Yahh what the hell are you doing Lee Sungjong?" Woohyun asked as he pushed the younger boy away. He was still dressed as a girl.

"Who is this Sungjong that you speak of? Is he handsome?" Sungjong asked as he pushed his hair behind his ear.

"You brat stop acting. The mission we were on was over a week ago." Woohyun pulled the wig off of Sungjong's head and walked away. He was not planning on giving Sungjong his wig back soon. The kid needed to stop acting when they returned from missions. It was so strange when he stayed dress as a girl.  He started to wonder what Sungjong preferred girls or boys.

"Yahh that's mine!" Sungjong whined as he followed Woohyun.  He pulled out three small knifes and was about to throw them into Woohyun's back when he felt someone hug him from behind.  He looked back and saw Hoya holding him back. Sungjong liked Hoya because he always treated him well. "Hyung let go of me so I can teach that bastard Woohyun a lesson."

"He is not worth the time and energy. Let him be. He is the type of person who will never change.  He needs to learn the hard way, but I don't think he will ever. I will get your wig back before for next mission Jonggie. Don't worry." He patted Sungjong on the head.

"Yahh Nam Woohyun why are you causing trouble." Dongwoo asked as he walked over to Woohyun who was taking off his shirt so he can train under the waterfall.  Woohyun always seemed to enjoy training alone then train with the group.

"I am just speaking the truth." Woohyun said, "Go back to your Gyu hyung." He jumped into the water and swam over to the waterfall.

---

"You need to stop scaring the kid's Sunggyu." Miyoung said as she walked next to him.  "Don't be too harsh on them for training today.  When you go to harsh they sometimes get hurt.  You should know better than to overwork them."

"I have to be harsh or they will become lazy and never learn. I don't get enough sleep as it is. Do you really think I want to deal with childish men. Woohyun gives me to many problems. I am sick of his not listening to me when I tell him to do something." Sunggyu yawned.

"I'm sorry that I woke you Gyu." Miyoung said looking down towards the ground.  "Woohyun will learn. Just give him time."

"You can wake me up any time you want Miyoung.  I don't have a problem with it." Sunggyu said placing a hand on her shoulder and lifted her chin, "I am not upset with you. I am more upset with Sungyeol and his constant spying.  He really needs to stop getting into people personal life. I don't know what I am going to do about Woohyun yet. I am still deciding." Sunggyu removed his hand and continued to walk again.

"Is there something you don't want him to know about you." Miyoung asked as she placed a hand on Sunggyu's arm.

"I like being a mystery to those boys. If they knew everything about me I would not have the type of authority." Sunggyu walked into the main building and bowed when he saw the king.

"Sunggyu what brings..." The king paused, "Miyoung you need to stop bothering Sunggyu he is a busy man. Why do you keep..."

Miyoung hid behind Sunggyu because she knew that she could not say how she really felt.  Miyoung grabbed onto the fabric of Sunggyu's clothing.

"Sir she doesn't bother me. I walked her back to keep her safe.  I do not want anything to happen to anyone in the royal line." Sunggyu bowed. "Please excuse me sir, I need to go back to training the boys."

"Sunggyu ah thank you." The king watched Sunggyu leave and looked over to his daughter. "Miyoung!" Her father shook his head, "You need to set your priorities and get ready to start a family."

"I am not ready to start a family appa. I rather learn how to defend myself then have Infinite constantly looking after me. I want them to train me in the way of the ninja." Miyoung said.  She finally had the courage to tell her father how she felt.

"Absolutely not. No daughter of mine is going to be exposed to such bloodshed. I do not want to lose you to."

"And you think marrying me off to some ert man who is old enough to be my father is the best solution."  Miyoung yelled, "It's not because if you marry me off, I will run away. I am not marrying someone I don't love."

"Miyoung you don't understand." Her father yelled. "You mother was killed and I do not want the same thing to happen to you. I want you to remain safe inside the kingdom. Your dismissed this conversation never happened."

"But appa!" Miyoung objected.

"Miyoung! I have other business to take care of. Leave!" Her father said and she walked out of the room.  She had enough.

---

Sunggyu walked out towards the training area and noticed the kids were training.  Dongwoo knows how to keep them in order.  He counted only five. He sighed and knew where Woohyun was.  He was at the waterfall again.

"Is Woohyun being difficult again?" Sunggyu asked Dongwoo.

"He is" Dongwoo rubbed his temples. "These kids are a handful hyung. I really don't know how you do it."  Dongwoo yawned.

"Gather the kids as I go drag Woohyun back here." Sunggyu said with a sigh. "See you soon. I wonder how long it is going to take me this time."  Sunggyu walked towards the waterfall and saw Woohyun sitting under it meditating.

Sunggyu sighed and jumped into the water.  He started to swim over to him and looked at the younger man.  "Woohyun."

"Leave me alone." Woohyun said in an annoyed voice.

"You need to train with the rest of the team." Sunggyu said.

"I rather not.  You are going to have to force me to train with them Sunggyu." Woohyun said in an annoyed tone. He did not bother calling him hyung. He was not a hyung to him. He was just someone that should not lead this team.

 Sunggyu placed a hand on Woohyun's shoulder, and ...

an - Hi Everyone I hope you like my first chapter. *Throws Hearts* I enjoyed writing it. I wondered what is going to happen between Woo and Gyu hehe.