Chapter Seven: Cheating and Preparations

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

 

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHEATING AND PREPARATIONS

 

Sulli stood before her parents’ grave in one of the grandest mausoleums in Seoul.

 

Sulli: Appa, umma, I’ll be getting married tomorrow. I know you both wanted to be there to give me away to my groom, but it’s alright, I understand it’s really a long journey from heaven to earth. *chuckles*. But honestly, I am thankful that you won’t be there tomorrow. I don’t want you to see me marry a complete stranger. He is very arrogant and bossy. But we are both in the same desperate situation so we agreed to this bargain.  Don’t worry; this is only a temporary marriage. Please watch over me.

 

 

Minho was bent over his desk finalizing some of his blueprints when suddenly his office door slammed open. He looked up in shock and he saw his co-architect Kim Hyun Ah (Hyuna) standing in the threshold. She was wearing a black short fitted skirt, red office blouse with the two top buttons undone and black stiletto heels. She slowly walked towards him. Her heels were clicking on the floor in synchrony with the sway of her hips. When she reached his desk, she placed both of her hands at the edge bending a little so Minho could see a bit of her décolletage and whispered in her sultry voice:

 

Hyuna: Is this true? You are going to get married?

 

Minho could smell her musky high end perfume. He and Hyuna got hired in the firm at the same time. From then on, she always grabbed an opportunity to flirt with him even if she knew that he was already in a relationship with Krystal. With all honesty, he finds Hyuna y and alluring. She was his exact type of woman: Strong, y and independent. She was just like Krystal, she looks good in business and office attire.

 

Minho: Ne. I am. Tomorrow.

Hyuna: Why so soon after the explosive break up with Krystal? You did not even give the both of us a chance to see if we really have chemistry. *pouts*

 

Minho finally took the chance to flirt with her. He stood and inched his face closer to hers and said

 

Minho: Do you want to find out now?

 

Hyuna did not use words to answer, but rather she grabbed him by the collar and started kissing him passionately. Minho responded with the same enthusiasm.

 

Then.

 

*Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!*

 

Minho reluctantly broke the kiss and looked at his phone. Sulli was calling. He answered the phone.

 

Minho: What?!

Sulli: Oh. Did I disturb you? Mianhae. I was just calling to tell you that the wedding preparations are all done.

Minho: Alright.

 

Then, Sulli heard a woman calling Minho’s name with passion. Her tone was not business like at all.

 

Sulli: Is a woman with you right now? I just want to ask if you can go with me to pick up the wedding rings?

Minho: If there is woman here, it’s none of your business. I’m busy. *Hangs up*

 

Hyuna sensed that there was something different between them. It was though they are not in love.

 

Hyuna: Why are you so harsh with your bride? It seems like you don’t like or love her.

Minho: The marriage is just temporary.

Hyuna: Oh?! Really?

Minho: Ne.

Hyuna: You know, I would not really mind becoming your secret lover while you are married temporarily.

Minho: Really now? *smirks* Where were we?

 

Minho and Hyuna resumed kissing each other. Unknown to them Sulli was on the other side of the city picking up the wedding rings.

 

 

Sulli: Kamsahamnida ajhushi! *steps out of the jewellery store*

 

Sulli was walking towards the bus stop when she suddenly felt two men following her.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

Why are they following me? Could they have possibly seen me went out from the jewellery store? Do they know that I have two platinum rings with me? Tsk! I should have brought my car with me but the traffic was too heavy. *Hugs her bag closer*

 

The two men stood behind her. Sulli was so scared. She felt something sharp poking her right side. She looked at it and one of the guys is pointing a knife at her. She wanted to run but she could not move. Thankfully, a policeman passed by and the knife was withdrawn from her side. She took is as an opportunity to bolt into a run. At the same time, the bus arrived and she jumped inside immediately. Unfortunately, one of her feet tripped on one of the bus steps and she crashed inside the bus. She felt pain on her right knee.

 

Bus driver: Omo! Gwenchana? *helps Sulli up*

Sulli: Ne. Kamsahamnida ahjusshi. There were two men who were behind me so I got into the bus with haste. I was not able to see the steps.

Bus driver: Aish! Those gangsters! A pretty lady like you should not be alone. You should ask your boyfriend to accompany you.

Sulli: He said he was busy.

Bus driver: Aigoo! Men nowadays always take for granted the things that really matter. Araseo. Please sit down now. *smiles*

 

Sulli smiled back and proceeded to sit down to one of the bus-seats. She was mad at Minho.