Chapter Twelve: Housekeeping

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

CHAPTER TWELVE

HOUSEKEEPING

 

The next day, Sulli woke up early. She was going to check the art gallery building. She quickly dressed up, grabbed Som and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. After a few minutes, Minho went down to eat.

 

Minho: I’m still mad at you. Don’t eat here. *eats his breakfast*

Sulli: Araseo.

 

Sulli turned around, grabbed Som, and went to the living room to eat their breakfast.

 

After eating, and securing that Som was perfectly locked in his cage, Sulli grabbed her keys and went on her way to the art gallery building.

 

She opened the dusty door of the building. It hasn’t been occupied since her parents died. It was originally constructed to be the art gallery of her umma. Just like her, she was very fond of the arts. Sulli can clearly remember that she and her unni usually play with their umma using clay and other art materials.

 

Sulli: Umma, I will finally build our art gallery. *smiles through her tears*

 

Sulli heard someone talk behind her. “Annyeong!” She wiped her tears as she turned around. It was the old keeper of the building.

 

Sulli: Oh! Annyeong!

Keeper: Ah! Miss Sulli, it’s been a long time since I saw you here.

Sulli: Oh. Mianhae. I was really busy through the years.

Keeper: Gwenchana. Now that you are finally here, I guess you are now ready to make this place wonderful again. *smiles*

Sulli: Ne. *smiles back*

Keeper: Omo! Your smile is just like your mother’s. So, would you like me to assist you?

Sulli: Ne. I would like to check if there are any matters that would need repair. I am planning to have this place renovated, just a little.

 

It took Sulli the whole day to check the building. She found out that it had a lot of problems and deteriorations that were left unchecked over the years. She really has to find someone who is good at renovation.

 

She said good bye to the keeper, promised that she would return soon, and went on her way home.

 

 Sulli finally turned-off the engine of her car. She opened the front door and noticed something different. The house was different. The arrangement of the furniture was different! A deep furrow formed in between her brows.

 

Minho was seating on the sofa and saw her reaction.

 

Minho: Do you like it?

Sulli: Who did this?

Minho: Hyuna. She went here while you were gone. She did some housekeeping and re-arranged things.

Sulli: Why did you let her do that!! Put this place just like before! NOW!!

 

Sulli began to re-arrange the furniture the way it was before.

 

Minho: Yah! Why is your reaction like that?! Why are you being like this?! You should be thankful my girlfriend re-arranged this house! It looked so old fashioned before. You are so ungrateful!

 

Sulli’s eyes widened and tears began to form in her eyes.

 

Minho: Why are you crying?! Hyuna made this place look better and you’re crying?! You should really be thanking her! The one who arranged this place before really had a bad taste! Who made this place up anyway?

Sulli: My umma.

 

Minho was taken aback. All he could do was to watch Sulli as she re-arranged the house. He noticed that she was trying her best to hold back her tears, but then she gave up and she let them flow down. He had not meant to insult Sulli’s umma. He really did not know that it was her who arranged the furniture in the house.

 

Minho: Sulli yah.

 

She did not reply. Minho became uncomfortable so he went back to his room.

 

It took Sulli two hours to re-arrange the furniture. She even skipped dinner. It was a good thing that she remembered the way it used to look. She could let Minho and Hyuna insult her, but she would not let them insult that memory of her parents.

 

When she was satisfied that she had brought back the previous arrangement of the house, she went to her bedroom to get Som. What Sulli found in her room took the breath away from her. Som was missing, and so was his cage! It only meant one thing. Someone took him! That was the last straw and Sulli exploded. She ran to Minho’s room and opened the door without hesitation.

 

Sulli: Yah! Where did your girlfriend take Som?!!

Minho: *shocked* Are you calling Hyuna a thief? She doesn’t like animals! Why would she take your precious little bunny?!

Sulli: Help me find Som now! Call your girlfriend now and ask her where is Som!

Minho: Ani! May be your rabbit got tired of you fussing all over him that’s why he went away!

 

Sulli began crying again.

 

Minho: Awwww. Her bunny left her. *smirks* You are such a cry baby!! Aish! Get out of my room now!

 

Sulli went out of Minho’s room and began to search for Som. She called the compound security to help her locate him. All the while Minho was in the house relaxing. He heard a knock on the front door.

 

Security: Annyeong. *bows*

Minho: Oh. Annyeong.

Security: Do you have the number of your co-architect who visited you today?

Minho: Ne. Weo?

Security: I hope you won’t get offended sir, but she is the only one who visited today and as a part of our standard operating procedure, I would like to request that you call her and ask if she took or saw Miss Sulli’s pet rabbit.

Minho: Why would I do that?! I assure you, she did not take the rabbit. She can’t even come near it.

Security: Please sir. It is a part of my job to inquire and investigate.

Minho: Araseo. I’ll just get my phone. Please take a seat in the living room first.

Security: Ne.

 

Minho grabbed his phone from his desk and went back to the living room. He dialled Hyuna’s number and she answered.

 

Hyuna: Yeoboseyo? You miss me already?

Minho: Ne. *smiles* But wait a minute, I want to ask if you saw the white rabbit anywhere in the house while you were here?

Hyuna: Ah. Ne.

Minho: Chincha? Where did you last saw it.

Hyuna: Near the garbage disposal area of the compound.

Minho: Mwo? Why is it there?

Hyuna: That’s where I threw it away.

 

Minho was shocked with what he heard. Hyuna threw Som?!

 

Minho: Why would you do that?

Hyuna: I just wanted to teach Sulli a lesson. She was feeling it too much when you guys were acting in the party. Is she crying now? *laughs*

Minho: Ani! She’s looking for Som now.

Hyuna: Well, I hope she doesn’t find him. I’ll hang up now. I’m in the club with my friends. See you! Kisses!

 

Minho told the security where Hyuna threw Som, but made up a story to cover up Hyuna’s crime. Together they ran towards the garbage disposal area. When they got to the area, Sulli was already there. She had already found Som and was already his fur to clean him up while seating on the pavement. Minho can see tear stains on her cheeks.

 

The security approached Sulli and told her that it was Hyuna who threw Som in that place. The reason he told her was the lie that Minho made up. Sulli did not believe it, but she did not tell the security personnel about it.

 

Security: Will you be alright miss? oh! Mianhae. Will you be alright Mrs. Choi?

 

Sulli shivered in disgust as she was being called Mrs. Choi.

 

Sulli: Gwenchana. What is important is that I found Som.

 

The security bowed and left the area living Sulli with Minho. Minho went near her, but she stood up and walked pass him without even looking.

 

She was really mad and Minho was really guilty.