Chapter Three: That Moment of Impact

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

~~~

Anneyeong!

Here is another update for you my dear readers!

I would also like to inform you guys that my regular days of posting an update would be during Wednesdays and Sundays.

Heehee!

Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions. 

You guys are my inspiration!

Hugs and kisses!

=)

                                                                                                                                                      Your author-nim,

                                                                                                                Pepperflakes

~~~

CHAPTER THREE

THAT MOMENT OF IMPACT

 

 
Minho walked towards the center of the grand ballroom as he guided his umma to where the auction was being held. Tonight was one of the biggest auction of antique art collections in Seoul; and his mother, being an antique collector had to be there.
 
Minho's Umma: Thank you for being here Minho. I know you don't like high society gathering like these. Awww. My baby boy looks good in his suit! *Pinches Minho's cheeks*
Minho: Aish! Umma, I'm not a baby anymore. People might see. Just pinch my cheeks at home. *smiles*
 
He then suddenly turned serious and said to his umma.
 
Minho: I don't usually like getherings like these, but right now I'd rather be here than be at my apartment mourning over my break-up.
Minho's Umma: Don't think about her anymore. I haven't told you this, but I never really liked Krystal. The reason why I put up with her for all these years is because I can see that you are happy with her.
 
Minho simply nodded. Krystal was the last thing he wanted to talk about tonight. He scanned the ballroom and his gaze zeroed in at the bar located at the other side of the room. He carefully led his mother to a seat near the auctioneer and respectfully excused himself. He then proceeded to the bar as fast as he can. All he needs is a place where he could be alone and not recognized by anyone. From the time he stepped foot in the ballroom entrance, many people have asked him on how he was handling himself with the break-up. Apparently, his break-up with Krystal was the biggest gossip of the month. He did not know who spilled the beans until one of his mother's-friend's-daughter told his mother that Krystal had posted her pictures with Taemin all over her facebook and twitter accounts.
 
[Minho's POV]
 
Aish! Even people who I don't know, knows about my break-up with Krystal. She is being too noisy about her new relationship with that Lee Taemin.
 
Minho arrived at the bar and ordered his favorite drink. He was pretty much pissed off at Krystal. She was the reason why people laughed at him behind his back. Even his co-workers whispered things when they thought he was not listening. But his anger was not only fueled by his crushed pride. More importantly, it was fueled by his  broken heart. He can't believe that Krystal was willing to throw away all the years that they were together for a mere three months that she was with Teamin. Minho was not naturally an evil person, but he felt his evil self lurking in the corners of his mind. He will make her pay. He will find himself a beautiful girl that he could flaunt and rub on her face until she realizes that she made the biggest mistake in her life when she left him. Minho's plan of revenge was born.
 
He searched the ballroom for his potential girlfriend. Unfortunately, all he could find were society matrons on the same age-scale as his mother. 
 
Minho grimaced.
 
Then his gaze was caught by a tall lady wearing a simple lilac gown. He asked the bar tender if he knew some information about her.
 
Bartender: Oh! That is Choi Sooyoung. She is one of the granddaughters of one of the late sponsors of this charity auction. I think she is here to support the event in behalf of her deceased grandmother.
 
Minho was about stand from his seat to approach her when he heard a voice beside him.
 
Girl: And she's married.
 
Minho looked at the direction of the voice and he saw a tall girl in a black dress.
 
Minho: Mianhae. I beg your pardon?
Girl: I said she is married. To one of the top doctors here in Seoul.
Minho: And how did you know about that may I ask? Are you one of the top gossip columnists in Seoul?
Girl: Ani. Je ireum-eun Choi Sulli imnida (My name is Choi Sulli.) I am a junior art director at the Seoul Arts Gallery; and the sister of the woman you've been ogling for the past minute.
 
Minho was stunned. He had never met a woman who could step up straightly to him. He usually render girls speechless with his good looks and charismatic smile. But this girl does not seem to be affected by him or his good looks at all.
 
Minho: Oh. I'm Choi Minho. But I don't think we are related.
Sulli: No. I don't think so. The family name "Choi" is so common in Korea.
 
Minho tried to make fun of the fact.
 
Minho: Don't you think it would be funny if we got married and you would have the same maiden name and married name?
Sulli: Ani. That's ordinary too. My sister's husband's family name is Choi too. You might have heard of him. He is Dr. Choi SiWon.
 
Minho was very embarrassed. He usually makes girls laugh with his quick wit and sense of humor. In fact, they are one of his qualities that Krystal fell for the first time he met her. He was becoming annoyed by this Choi Sulli girl. She is obviously one of these high society bred ladies who are snob and who only wears branded clothes, and who only rides on expensive cars. She probably owns a horse or a pony. 
 
[Minho' POV]
Pish! An uptown girl.She is not my kind of girl. She is most probably difficult to maintain with all her expensive demands and wishes.
 
[Sulli's POV]
Why did I ever talk to this blabbering bachelor?! Well I just wanted to protect Sooyoung Unni from his advances. He is most definitely not my kind of guy. He is most probably too vain and self-absored. So what if he is handsome? Eeesh!
 
Sulli had only agreed to come with her unni to this event because her brother-in-law could not make it on time. On their way here, Sooyoung had constantly nagged her to look for potential husbands who could be attending the event. Apparently, to her humor and to her sister's dismay, the event was mostly filled with old matrons. There was no one there whom Sulli took an interest in. Not even this blabbering bachelor that was seated beside her on the bar stool.
 
Ignoring him, Sulli proceeded to order her usual drink.
 
Sulli: Anneyeong. One glass of white wine please.
Bartender: Yes Miss. Omo! You're Miss Choi Sulli isn't it?
Sulli: Ne. I'm here with my sister.
Bartender: I noticed. How's your husband hunting? I heard the rumors. Is it really true?
 
Minho's ears perked up when he heard that statement of the bartender.
 
[Sulli's POV]
 
Aigoo! Even this bartender knows?! He is not going to propose is he? He's too old! I've had a lot of proposals, both descent and indescent ones when the news about my grandmother's will spread. This is so embarrassing! I hope this blabbering bachelor did not hear anything.
 
Sulli was blushing from head to toe. She risked a glance at the blabbering bachelor who was beside her to check if he heard anything. To Sulli's disappointment, he was smiling at her. This only meant that he heard everything. Her eyes widened, but she quickly regained her composure. She stood up from the bar stool, held her head high just like what her grandmother taught her during embarassing situations,  and prepared to walk off when suddenly a hand caught her arm.
 
Minho: Jam kahn man ko da ri se yo. (Wait.) I have a proposal. 
 
Sulli rolled her eyes. 
 
Sulli: Oh no! Not you too?
 
Minho smirked.
 
Minho: Oh no, no. no. I would not dream of giving that proposal to you. This is a different proposal miss. 
 
Two people whose lives collided stood face to face and almost at the same height. A bargain was floating in the air waiting to be spoken.