Chapter Four: Too Late to Back Out

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

~~~

Anneyeong!

Here is Chapter Four! I have an extra few minutes tonight so I was able to write this short chapter.

Heehee!

 

Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

 

Hugs and kisses!

 

=)

 

                                                                                                                                      Your author-nim,

                                                                                                                                     Pepperflakes

~~~

 

CHAPTER FOUR

TOO LATE TO BACK OUT

 

 
Minho grabbed Sulli's arm and led her through the double doors leading to the balcony. Sulli protested but Minho was stronger than her so he was able to drag her outside with ease. Once they were at the balcony, Sulli felt the chill of the night air, she shivered. Minho automatically took off his coat and draped it on her shoulders.
 
Sulli: Oh. Kamsahamnida. So what is your proposition then?
Minho: Before that, can I ask you a question?
Sulli: Alright, but nothing too personal or else I'll go back inside.
 
Minho smirked.
 
Minho: Don't worry. I have no intention of getting to know you that way.
 
Sulli was offended.
 
Sulli: Neither do I. Pish!
 
She started to go back through the double doors but Minho stopped her again.
 
Minho: Alright. Mianhamnida. I won't say anything offensive anymore. Why do you have to get married? Are you that desperate for love?
 
Sulli was shocked. She only looked at him with wide eyes. She did not know that there are people who would look of her situation that way.
 
Sulli: Ani! It has nothing to do with love. I have to get married because it is a condition given by my grandmother before I could get my inheritance.
Minho: Mwo? That is insane! Is that even legal?
Sulli: Yes it is. All the legal procedures are complied with. I can't do anything except abide  by them. And for your information, I am not that desperate for love.
Minho: You don't have a boyfriend?
Sulli: I've always kept myself busy with my studies. Then after graduating, the art gallery immediately hired me. In short, I have no time for romance.
Minho: But did you have a boyfriend? Even once?
 
The conversation began to become too personal for Sulli. She did not want Minho to know that she once had a relationship which only ended in misery. He might think of her as a loser.
 
Sulli: That question is too personal. I would rather keep that information private.
Minho: Oh. Araseo.
Sulli: So, now you know the reason why I have to get married; what is your proposition?
Minho: Do you want to get married?
Sulli: Mwo?! Weo?! You're crazy! You're a complete stranger! 
Minho: I'm Choi Minho! Everybody knows me!  
Sulli: Aish! I don't know anything about you! Well. Except for the fact that you are arrogant!
 
Sulli began to walk off again. This time, she took off as fast as she could but Minho grabber her by the waist and swung her around to face him. He was looking straight into her eyes and his arms were wrapped around her waist.
 
Minho: Listen to me first! What I am proposing is a partnership. A business partnership! I need to have my revenge against my ex-girlfriend. You need to get married to receive your inheritance. It's a good bargain!
Sulli: You would go up to this extent for your broken heart? This is absurd! Let go of me!
 
Sulli began to struggle out of his hold, but Minho kept his arms locked around her waist.
 
Minho: No. This is not absurd. Have you ever had your heart broken? 
 
Minho was looking straight into Sulli's eyes and she could see all the pain that he had been keeping inside. She knew how it feels to have her heart broken; and she vowed to never let herself feel that pain again. Minho inched his face closer to hers and whispered:
 
Minho: Please marry me Choi Sulli.
 
Sulli was about to say no and back out of the proposed deal when the double doors opened and Jo Kwon, one of Seoul's top gossip columnist appeared together with his army of camera men.
 
Jo Kwon: Omo! Omo! Omo! What is this?! Is Choi Minho, one of Seoul's top young architects proposing to Choi Sulli, one of Seoul's most eligible heiresses?
 
Minho and Sulli were shocked and blinded by the camera flashes all at the same time. Who would have thought that they would be caught in a position resembling a lovers' passionate embrace by no less than Seoul's biggest gossip columnist?!
 
Minho: What gave you the idea that I am proposing to her?
Jo Kwon: You don't have to deny it Choi Minho! We were passing by the double doors when we heard someone saying "Please marry me Choi Sulli." And when I opened the doors, TADA! It was the two of you! Besides, the way you are two are holding each other is enough proof. I'm so happy for the two of you! Chukadŭrimnida!
 
When they realized that they were still in the same position, Minho and Sulli immediately disengaged themselves from their "hug".
 
Jo Kwon was so excited of his discovery and he did not notice that the situation began to become awkward between Minho and Sulli. 
 
Jo Kwon: Weee! Okay boys! Let's go back to the event! I have my story for tomorrow's gossip column! Tata for now!
 
Jo Kwon and his paparazzi team were back inside in the speed of light, Minho and Sulli were not given the chance to clear things up. They exchanged looks of disbelief.
 
Minho: What do you say Choi Sulli? It's too late to back out now.