Chapter Twenty One: A Guilty Heart

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

 

~~~

Anneyeong!

 Here is a fresh update for you my dear readers and subscribers!

I just want to tell you guys that my holiday break had officially started, so I will do my best to post updates daily.

Heehee!

 

Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions! They inspire me to write more!

Most especially, thank you for your support!

I love you guys!

 

Happy Holidays!

 

Hugs and kisses!

=)

 

                                                                                                                       Your author-nim,

                                                                                                                       Pepperflakes

~~~

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

A GUILTY HEART

 

Sulli arrived at the coffee shop and Key was already there. He smiled and waved at her with his two hands. She walked to where he was sitting and sat opposite him.

 

Key: Aigooo! You are so pretty today! Why are you blooming? Is it because of my cousin? Hmmm?? *smiles mischievously*

Sulli: Blooming? What are you talking about? *chuckles* I guess I just had enough sleep and rest last night.

 

Then Sulli remembered waking up in Minho’s arms that morning at the hotel sofa. It’s been so long since she slept like that. Whether she denies it or not, she really slept peacefully last night. She felt safe and protected.

 

Key: So, what’s new with my cousin-in-law?

Sulli: Nothing much. We are just about to start with the renovations of my art gallery building.

Key: Minho finally started to renovate it?

Sulli: Ani. I hired another architect.

Key: Weo?! Why did you hire another one? Minho was really excited because he thought that it was going to be him who would manage the renovations. Aigooo.. *pouts* Who is this architect anyway?

Sulli: A college friend. His name is Kim Heechul.

Key: Oooooh! The ladies’ man! I know him.

Sulli: Chincha?

Key: Ne. *nods his head* Be careful with him. He might steal you away from my cousin.

Sulli: Can I tell you a secret?

Key: Of course.

 

Sulli hesitated for a moment. But since she trusted Key, she told him.

 

Sulli: Heechul was my ex-boyfriend.

Key:  Chincha?!

Sulli: Ne. But we only lasted for seven months. I tried to make the relationship work but he still left me.

Key: Aigooo! But it’s okay. If he had not left you, then you would not have married my cousin. *smiles*

Sulli: You know the marriage is only temporary.

Key: Is it? You know, the status of the marriage would really depend on you guys. You could make it permanent if you want to.

 

Sulli could not respond to Key, so she diverted the conversation.

 

Sulli: Ummm.. Key?

Key: Hmmmm? *sips his coffee*

Sulli: I should not be asking you this, but does Minho have any psychological disease?

 

Key laughed.

 

Key: Weo?

Sulli: Well, he is acting rather strange lately.

Key: How strange?

Sulli: Well, his emotions shift rather fast, and he seems jittery.

Key: Oh! He does not have a psychological problem. He’s always like that when he wants to say something, but he chooses to keep it all inside; or when he wants to say sorry, but he does not know how. *chuckles*

 

Sulli faked a smile to hide her confusion.

 

After a few more hours of catching up with Key, the duo finally decided to part ways.

 

As Sulli drove home, she was lost in what Key had told her.

 

[Flashback]

He’s always like that when he wants to say something, but he chooses to keep it all inside; or when he wants to say sorry, but he does not know how.

[End of Flashback]

 

[Sulli’s POV]

What could he possibly want to tell me?

 

Then she remembered his apology when they were still at the hotel that morning. She then felt guilty for treating him coldly at the hotel and at the art gallery building, when all he wanted to say was that he was sorry. She thought about their verbal spar a few hours ago before she left to meet Key. He was rather angry.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

Could it be that he wanted to say sorry? Well, this morning he did say sorry for taking Hyuna’s side when she threw away Som. Wait, did he also say that he broke up with her?

 

[Flashback]

Minho: She’s not my girlfriend anymore.

Sulli: Oh. Mianhae. I’m sorry the two of you broke up.

Minho: Don’t be. I’m not.

[End of flashback]

 

Sulli was a very confused and guilty woman when she parked her car in the garage. As she entered the glass house, he heard someone curse at the kitchen, as if in pain.

 

“Damn!”

 

She immediately recognized the voice. It was Minho. She ran to the kitchen and saw Minho by the kitchen sink.

 

Sulli: Weo? What happened?

Minho: Nothing.

 

Sulli noticed that he was hiding his hand by the faucet as he let water flow through it.

 

Sulli: If nothing happened, then why are you hiding your hand?

Minho: What is it to you?

 

Minho was mad at Sulli with the way she treated him at the hotel and with the way she talked to him before they left the art gallery building.

 

Sulli walked towards Minho, who was in return rooted where he was standing because he cannot move his hand away from the faucet.

 

Sulli: Let me see. *genty grabs his hand*

Minho: Ani! Why don’t you just go back to your Heechul Oppa. *snatched his hand out of Sulli's hold*

 

Ignoring his protest, Sulli again grabbed Minho’s wrist and pulled his hand from the running water.

 

Minho: I said it’s nothing. I-

Sulli: Omo! You’re wounded! How did this happen?

Minho: I cut my hand while I was cooking dinner, because I was hungry and you are not yet home!

Sulli: Why didn’t you just order take out?

Minho: Because I wanted a home-cooked meal! Is that too much to ask? Why do you care anyway?

 

Sulli ignored his temper.

 

Sulli: Why didn’t you just call me?

Minho: How can I disturb you when you’re enjoying your time with your precious Heechul Oppa.

 

Sulli was surprised with what he said. She looked at him with wide eyes while she was still holding his injured hand. Minho looked away. He was mad. He thought she was with Heechul.

 

[Minho’s POV]

Eeeeesh! This woman! How could she forget that she has as husband waiting for her at home! Pish! Spending more time with that Heechul and leaving me here hungry and alone! *involuntarily pouts as he was still looking away from Sulli*

 

Sulli gently dropped his wounded hand by the counter, and went to her room.

 

Minho thought she walked out on him again because he made her angrier with the things he said. He was used to her walking out on him, but he was still hurt. So he simply resumed cooking his dinner using his other uninjured hand.

 

[Minho’s POV]

Aish! That’s it, go back to treating me coldly. That’s where you’re good at anyway.

 

But to his surprise, Sulli went back to the kitchen, and she was carrying a first aid kit. She saw Minho by the stove, awkwardly cooking his dinner despite his injured hand. She then became guiltier for not being on time to cook him dinner.

 

She went near him.

 

Minho did not even look at her. He was hurt and still unknown to his consciousness, he was jealous.

 

Sulli took the ladle away from his hand and lead him towards the kitchen counter where she placed the first aid kit. She then began treating Minho’s wounded hand. Thankfully, the wound was neither big nor deep. She disinfected it first, applied some antibacterial ointment and then covered it with bandage.

 

After treating his wound, Sulli fixed the kit. As she turned to leave, she heard Minho whisper:

 

Minho: Gomawo. *looking down at his bandaged hand*

 

Sulli nodded.

 

Sulli: Araseo. Why don’t you just take a rest and let me continue cooking dinner.

Minho: Ani. I can do it. You should rest. You might be tired from spending your time with Heechul.

 

Sulli could not understand why Minho kept bringing Heechul into the conversation. It seems like he is fishing for some information. She wanted to clarify things, so she said:

 

Sulli: I was not with Heechul Oppa. The last time I was with him was when we checked the building today.

 

Minho looked up from his hand.

 

Minho: You weren’t? *looks at Sulli*

 

He wanted to jump with joy knowing that his wife did not spend almost the whole day with Heechul, but he did not want to look like an idiot, so he simply composed his features and sighed with relief.

 

Sulli nodded.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

Was that relief I saw from his eyes? Why is he looking at me like that?

 

Minho: If you weren’t with Heechul, who were you with when we parted ways at the art gallery building?

Sulli: I had coffee with Key.

 

Then..

 

*Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!*