Chapter Twenty: Who?

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

CHAPTER TWENTY

WHO??

 

He turned around and smiled at her and said:

 

“It’s alright. I just arrived a few minutes ago. It’s been a long time.”

 

Sulli smiled.

 

Sulli: “Heechul Oppa! It’s been a long time!!”

 

She walked towards him.

 

[Heechul’s POV]

Sulli has changed. She’s no longer the girl I’ve known. She still looks the same, but there is something different about her.

 

Heechul raised his hand and patted Sulli on the head. He smiled at her.

 

Unknown to Sulli and Heechul, Minho was behind them.

 

Minho stopped in his tracks a few meters away from his car.

 

[Minho’s POV]

Who is this guy? Why is he patting her head? Could he be?

 

Minho walked towards Sulli and Heechul.

 

He cleared his throat loudly.

 

Both Sulli and Heechul looked at him.

 

Sulli was shocked.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

What is he doing here? I left the hotel without a word, but how did he know I’m here?

 

Minho placed an arm around Sulli’s shoulder. This only means that he was being territorial.

 

Minho: Hey baby. Won’t you introduce me to the architect that you hired?

 

Sulli was dumbstruck.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

How did he know that I hired an architect other than him?

 

Sulli: Ah. Yae. Minho, this is Heechul. He is a.. ummm.. friend in college and he is also the architect I hired to renovate the art gallery building. Heechul, this is Minho, my.. ummm.. husband.

 

Minho extended his hand to Heechul making sure that he sees his platinum wedding ring on his finger.

 

Minho: It’s nice to meet you.

Heechul: It’s nice to meet you too. Honestly, I’m quite surprised to know that Sulli is already married.

Minho: Haven’t you read the papers? Our wedding was one of the biggest gossips of the year.

Heechul: Oh. Mianhae. I was in the US. I just arrived three days ago when my firm called me up telling me about this project. When I learned that it was Sulli’s dream art gallery, I had to fly back here and handle the project myself.

 

Heechul looked at Sulli, and they both smiled at each other.

 

Minho sensed that Heechul is going to be a tough competition. It does not matter that Heechul broke Sulli’s heart in the past. With the way he is going, it would not be difficult for him to win her over.

 

Minho: I actually wanted to do this project myself, but Sulli would not let me. She always say that it will take away my extra time that I’m suppose to spend with her. *tightens arms around Sulli* She doesn’t want my arms off of her. *laughs awkwardly*

 

Sulli became uncomfortable with the way Minho was acting. She created a diversion.

 

Sulli: Shall we take a look at the building?

 

Both gentlemen nodded.

 

The three of them walked towards the building. Minho kept his arm around Sulli.

 

As Heechul examined the building, Minho became aware that he too was a very competent architect. Minho was waiting for him to make a mistake so that he could correct him. But to no avail, Heechul was very efficient with his examinations.

 

[Minho’s POV]

Aish! This guy! Can you make a mistake? At least once? So that I can show off? Eeeesh!

 

After their scheduled inspection, they conversed a little bit more and scheduled the beginning of the renovations. Minho was becoming more and more agitated. By the time they were about to go home, Minho walked Sulli to her car.

 

Minho: You should not be driving. The drug might not be completely out of your system.

Sulli: I’m fine. I’ll see you at home.

Minho: Of course you’re fine. You saw your Heechul Oppa. *involuntarily pouts*

Sulli: What do you know about Heechul and me?

 

Minho created an excuse so he would not have to tell Sulli the truth that it was her unni who told him about her past relationship with Heechul.

 

Minho: Hmp! Your eyes give it away. There was obviously something between the two of you.

Sulli: Why are you being like that?

Minho: I’m being what?! Why are you being like that?!

Sulli: What?! Now I’m the one who is acting weird?!

Minho: Ne! You are! Look! Your eyes are shining! And your lips! Why are you smiling?!

Sulli: Weo? Is it wrong to look happy?!

Minho: Ne! Especially when it’s not *his voice trailed off* because of me...

Sulli: Mwo?!

Minho: Forget it! Just get in the car Sulli!

 

Sulli got in her car and Minho closed her car door. He then walked to his car, fired the engine and drove off.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

Why is he acting weird? Does he know that Heechul was my ex-boyfriend? So what if he knows! It was a long time ago. I’ve forgiven Heechul, and most especially, I have forgiven myself for my wrong choices. I won’t let Heechul hurt me anymore. It will only be strictly business with Heechul.

 

*Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!*

 

Sulli was brought out from her reverie when her phone rang.

 

It was Key.

 

Sulli: Yeoboseyeo?

Key: Sulli yah! I missed you! Can we have another bonding time this afternoon? How about coffee?

Sulli: Araseo! *chuckles* I’m free today. Do you want to meet at the coffee shop in front of the beauty salon? I’ve always wanted to try their coffee and pastries there.

Key: Araseo! I’ve been there a couple of times. You will love it! Let’s meet in 45 minutes? I’m in the neighbourhood and the traffic is not that heavy.

Sulli: Ne. See you!

 

Sulli drove along the city streets in a happy mood. After a long time, she once again saw Heechul, and she would have coffee with Key in a few minutes. However, she could not ignore the nagging guilt that had formed within her. Was Minho mad? But why would he be?