Chapter Twenty Six: Papers

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

~~~

Annyeong!

2012 is almost over here in the Philippines!

Because I love you guys, I can't let 2012 pass by without giving you a back-to-back update!

Heehee!

=)

 

Sorry I wasn't able to update the past days. I was really busy preparing for gatherings.

 

Happy New Year guys!

I sincerely hope that your 2013 wll be better than your 2012!

 

Hugs and Kisses!

<3

 

 

                                                                                                                                          Your aurhor-nim,

                                                                                                                                          Pepperflakes

~~~

 

 

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

PAPERS

 

It was 37 minutes past 2:00 in the middle of the night. Sulli was worried about Minho. It had been more than three hours since he left. She took her phone and texted him.

 

To: Choi Minho

From: Choi Sulli

 

Yah! Where are-

 

But she could not do it. She deleted message even before it was completed. A part of her thought that Minho left because she kissed him and her kiss disgusted him. Heechul reacted like that when she tried to kiss him a long time ago. It was an unsuccessful attempt on her part.

 

So she waited for him.

 

[Flashback: Three hours ago at the hospital]

 

Minho ran through the hospital entrance and immediately went to the nurses’ station.

 

Minho: Annyeonghaseyeo. What is the room of Jung Krystal?

Nurse: Annyeongahseyeo. She’s in room 311 sir.

Minho: Kamsamnida.

 

Minho knocked on the door of room 311. He heard a voice.

 

“Please come in.”

 

He entered and saw Jessica beside Krystal’s sleeping form.

 

Minho: Oh! Jessica noona. What happened?

Jessica: She tried to kill herself.

Minho: Mwo? Weo? *shocked*

Jessica: She was so depressed recently. Taemin broke up with her and then she kept saying something about making a wrong decision. I.. I think it has something to do between the two of you. You better talk to her.

Minho: Ne. I will. Why don’t you go home and take some rest. I’ll watch over her. *smiles*

Jessica: Araseo. Kamsamnida. *smiles back*

 

[Minho’s POV]

Aigoo! Krystal, why do you have to do this to yourself?

 

Minho sat beside Krystal’s bed and watched her sleeping. She changed. The glow that she had once radiated had vanished. Her warm aura had disappeared and had been replaced with coldness.

 

Krystal slowly opened her eyes.

 

Krystal: Minho yah..

Minho: I’m here. Do you need anything?

Krystal: You’re finally here. *smiles faintly*

Minho: Are you alright?

 

Krystal nodded.

 

Krystal: We need to talk.

Minho: Let’s talk later. You have to rest.

Krystal: Will you stay with me tonight?

Minho: Ne. *smiles and holds her hand*

 

It was early morning when Krystal had finally awoken. The sun had not yet risen. She looked at Minho who was sleeping on the chair by her side.

 

Krystal: Minho?

Minho: Hmmm? Oh. You’re awake. Do you need anything?

Krystal: Can we talk now?

Minho: Don’t you want to eat anything first?

Krystal: Ani.

Minho: So what do you want to talk about?

Krystal: I’m jealous of Sulli. *pouts*

 

Minho was surprised with what he heard. His plans of revenge succeeded. He did not think it would work given Krystal’s lack of response when he would openly and publicly flirt with his wife.

 

Minho: Why would you be jealous? She’s my wife.

Krystal: I know that. It’s just that... Well.. You used to treat me that way before. I miss us Minho. I miss you.

Minho: You chose Taemin, Krystal.

Krystal: Ne. And it was a wrong move on my part. I should not have left you. I should not have cheated on you. Mianhae.

 

Minho felt Krystal’s pain and suffering. He wanted to bring back the old Krystal; the one that he used to know.

 

Minho: So what do you want to do now?

 

Krystal smiled.

 

[End of flashback]

 

It was around 6:00 in the morning when Minho arrived at the glass house. As he entered the front door, he could not get Krystal out of his mind.

 

He stopped on his tracks.

 

Sulli was on the sofa sleeping.

 

[Minho’s POV]

Did she fell asleep waiting for me?

 

He went near her.

 

Sulli woke up immediately.

 

Sulli: Oh! You’re back! What time is it?

Minho: Some minutes past 6 AM.

Sulli: Omo! It’s morning already? I have to cook breakfast or else we’ll be late for work!

Minho: Ani. I’ll just shower and go straight to the office. I have an early meeting remember?

Sulli: Oh. Yae. I better get ready for work too. *smiles*

 

Minho did not smile back. Instead, he turned his back on her and went to his room.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

What’s with him all of a sudden?

 

Sulli was scared and worried. Her fears had come true. Just like Heechul, Minho became distant when she attempted to be sweet.

 

They both got ready to work, but Minho left before Sulli did.

 

As she was driving to work, Sulli was really worried.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

I.. I guess I owe him an apology. Aish! Pabo Sulli! Why did you have to kiss him! Pish! *mental face palm*

 

Sulli arrived at Seoul Arts Gallery and tried to concentrate in her work. Unfortunately, she couldn’t. Her thoughts kept going back to Minho. Then an idea came up in her head.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

I know! I’ll bring him lunch at his firm! *smiles*

 

When lunch time came, she went to her favourite restaurant and bought some take out for Minho. Since the architectural firm where Minho works is only a short distance away, she decided to walk.

 

She went to the architectural firm and introduced herself as Mrs. Choi to the receptionist; and she was immediately ushered to Minho’s office.

 

Receptionist: He’s still in the meeting Ma’am, but it will be over any minute now. You can wait here.

Sulli: Ne. Kamsamnida. *smiles*

 

Hyuna was walking along the office hallway when she suddenly saw a woman in Minho’s office. Since the doors to his office were made of glass, Hyuna immediately recognized her as Sulli. She appears to be carrying with her lunch.

 

[Hyuna’s POV]

Hmph! Time for mission destruction. *smirks*

 

Hyung walked towards Minho’s office and went in. She knows all about the conditions of the marriage and it is obvious that Sulli had violated condition number 1, where she is not allowed to come and visit the firm.

 

Hyuna: Oh! Sulli! What are you doing here?! *pretends to be schocked*

Sulli: Oh. I.. I was just bringing Minho some lunch. *hides her irritation*

Hyuna: He already ate. Food is served during the meeting.

Sulli: I know. It’s just that he hasn’t eaten any breakfast since this morning. I was just-

Hyuna: Are you aware that you’ve violated condition number 1. You’re not supposed to come to the firm remember?

Sulli: I know it’s just-

Hyuna: Did you know that he had finally gotten his revenge on Krystal? I heard she was rushed to the hospital last night.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

So that’s where he went last night.

 

Hyuna: I heard they’re finally getting back together. *smirks*

 

Sulli was surprised with what she heard. She simply stood where she was. Motionless. Afraid. Hurt. She wanted to walk away from Hyuna and from Minho. She wanted to walk away from everyone in fact. She usually walks out in silence everytime she gets hurt and nurses her pain on her own. But then she remembered her grandmother’s words before she died.

 

[Flashback]

 

Sulli was sitting on her grandmother’s death bead holding her fragile old hand.

 

Sulli: What is it that you want to talk about grandmother? *smiles*

Grandmother: Sulli yah. I’ll be gone soon. As much as I want to protect you and your sister forever, I am nothing but a mortal.

Sulli: Don’t say things like that. You’ll be fine. See? Your color is finally returning to normal.

 

Her grandmother chuckled.

 

Grandmother: Silly girl. Don’t try to fool your grandmother. I saw my reflection in the mirror just before you came in. *smiles*

 

Then her grandmother suddenly became serious.

 

Grandmother: Sulli yah, your unni already has someone to protect her after I’m gone. It saddens me that you haven’t met yours.

Sulli: It’s alright grandmother.

Grandmother: I know you Sulli; and it's not alright. Everytime someone hurts you, you simply walk away and hide in your pain. You have to learn how to stand up on your own and fight. You have proven to me that you can fight for other people. I’ve seen you a lot of times protecting your Sooyoung unni. But I’ve never seen you fight for yourself. I’ve always taught you manners on how to react gracefully when someone confronts you. Please promise me that you’ll use them. Learn how to fight Sulli. Learn how to fight for yourself.

 

[End of flashback]

 

Remembering her grandmother’s words, Sulli for the first time stood up for herself. She held her head high, and stood exactly like a well educated heiresses should. With grace, elegance and poise, she walked up to Hyuna.

 

They stood face to face.

 

Sulli: Aren’t you jealous?

 

She saw a flicker of fear spark in Hyuna’s eyes.

 

Hyuna: Jealous of what?

Sulli: That finally Krystal and Minho had finally got back together.

Hyuna: Aren’t you?

Sulli: To be honest, indeed I am jealous, and afraid. But it does not mean that I would play dirty tricks on other people just so I could get what I want.

 

Hyuna was stunned. She did not expect that Sulli could rise up against her like this. opened and closed like a fish as she searched something to say back to her.

 

Then the door opened and Minho came in.

 

He saw Sulli and Hyuna standing face to face. He rushed to Sulli’s side to protect her from Hyuna.

 

Minho: What are you doing here? *smiles uncomfortably*

Sulli: Nothing. I just came in to bring you some lunch. But it was helpful of Hyuna to remind me that my actions are in violation of condition number 1.

 

Hyuna was humiliated down to her toes as she walked out of Minho’s office.

 

Minho: So, have you eaten?

Sulli: Mmm. *nods* I’ll go back to the office now, lunch break is almost over.

Minho: Why don’t I walk you there? We need to talk. *smiles*

Sulli: I’ll be fine. It’s just a short walk anyway. Annyeong.

 

Sulli walked back into her office and found an envelope on her desk. It was from her lawyer friend. She opened it and looked at the contents. It was the deed of the lot where the art gallery building stood. The title to the lot was finally transferred under her name, as well as half of the contents of her grandmother’s back account. She finally got what she bargained for. Finally, she looked at the folder that came with the envelope.

 

It was their divorce papers.