Chapter Fourteen: Sulli's Secret

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

~~~

Here is another update for you guys!

Thank you for your comments and suggestions!

Thank you for subscribing!

Thank you for patiently waiting for my updates!

I really can't thank you enough! Words are not enough to experience my gratitude to you guys!

Heehee!

<3

 

Hugs and kisses!

=)

                                                                                                                  Your author-nim,

                                                                                                                 Pepperflakes

~~~

 

 

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

SULLI’S SECRET

 

Minho was in his office. He could not think straight all day. It had been more than a week since Sulli stopped talking to him. She never forgot to do her part of the bargain such as cook for him and clean the house, but her silence while doing them made all the difference. There were many times when Minho had attempted to engage in a conversation with her but she only answered to important questions; and her answers were usually clipped and monosyllabic. He even went up to the extent of teasing her and making her mad just to get any form of response from her. A shout, a slap a scream, anything that would him an inkling about her thoughts, but he got nothing. In reality, they were not close to begin with, but Minho felt her coldness. Her usual warmth that encompassed the whole glass house was gone.  He was afraid that she might withdraw her bargain and ask for a divorce without giving him the chance to have his revenge at Krystal.

 

*Knock knock knock*

 

Minho: Come in.

Hyuna: Are you busy babe?

Minho: What do you want?

Hyuna: You haven’t called or talked to me for more than a week. I miss you. *pouts*

Minho: *sighs* You have a boyfriend Hyuna, just stick to him. I don’t want to be the guy that a girl cheats on with. I’m not that kind of guy.

Hyuna: But what about everything that happened between us? It doesn’t matter to you?

Minho: Does it matter to you?

 

Hyuna answered in the affirmative, but Minho could see in her eyes that they did not. All that is important to her is the fact that she could have all the guys that she wanted.

 

Hyuna: Is this because I threw your wife’s stupid pet rabbit?!

Minho: Why did you even do that?

Hyuna: I told you! I wanted to teach her a lesson! Besides, keeping a rabbit at her age is so childish!

Minho: It’s her life! Why do you even care if she wants a pet rabbit?

Hyna: Fine! Go and defend your precious little wife!

 

Hyuna storms out of Minho’s office. He was pretty pissed at her attitude. If only he had known the truth about her attitude, he would not have considered having a relationship with her.

 

*Ring! Ring! Ring!*

 

To: Choi Minho

From: Choi Sooyoung

Mianhae it took me so long to respond to your text. I was held up in a meeting the whole morning. I’ll be available at around 2PM. You can come to the museum so we can have coffee in the museum coffee shop.

 

Minho looked at his watch. It was 1:30PM. He has to get going. He did not know what to do anymore so he texted Sulli’s unni to ask for some advice.

 

He parked his car at the museum parking and went to the cafe. He already saw Sooyoung sitting and waiting and he ran to her.

 

Minho: Oh. Mianhae. I was caught in traffic.

Sooyoung: Gwenchana. *smiles*

 

They made their order and began to talk about his problem with Sulli.

 

Sooyoung: So what do you want to know about Sulli?

Minho: Umm.. I want to know how to ask for her forgiveness.

Sooyoung: Weo?

Minho: We had a fight.

Sooyoung: About what?

Minho: Well. Umm.. You do know that we agreed that we can date other people right?

Sooyoung: Ne.

Minho: Umm.. My girlfriend went to the glass house and did some housekeeping, and re-arranged the furniture.

Sooyoung: Omo! That is a grave offense for Sulli! You should not re-arrange the furniture of the house. It was our umma who arranged it. Sulli was very protective of that arrangement. *smiles wistfully*

Minho: Ne. I only knew about it after we had an argument. She cried.

Sooyoung: Tsk! Aigoo! *hits Minho at the shoulder*

Minho: Not only that, my girlfriend was so jealous of her when we pretend to be in love with each other during public appearances; and she decided to teach Sulli a lesson by throwing her rabbit away.

Sooyoung: Omo! Not Som! That rabbit was very important to her! She bought him after-

 

Sooyoung was not able to finish her sentence. She immediately closed . She almost blurted out Sulli’s secret.

 

Minho: Don’t worry, she found Som at the garbage disposal area. It was a good thing the rabbit was not hurt. She bought Som after what?

 

Sooyoung sighed. It would be better to tell him about Sulli’s secret.

 

Sooyoung: Please don’t tell her that I told you about this araseo?

 

Minho nodded.

 

Sooyoung: She bought Som after her breakup with her first boyfriend Heechul. She had her first boyfriend when she was in her senior year in college. Heechul was handsome and was very good in making people at ease with him. Sulli, was one of his admirers. When he learned about her feelings for him, he pursued her. As expected she gave in. He changed his attitude when they became a couple. He never took care of her. He often made her wait for hours and stood her up during their dates. He even made her pay for the restaurant bill most of the time. He doesn’t hold her hands while walking, and he doesn’t guide her while crossing the street. Sulli even told me that he did not want to kiss her because he said her lips were too pouty. *sighs* Sulli loved him so much that she was not able to see that she was being treated badly. They were together for almost a year. Sulli tried her best to make their relationship work. She was hoping that one day he would change. But one day she found out that Heechul began dating one of her friends. She still wanted to make their relationship work but he still broke up with her. It took her long time to recover. When she finally did, she bought Som as a gift for herself and promised that she would not allow herself to experience that pain again. To make the story short, she knew how it feels like to take care of a boyfriend, but she does not know how it feels like to be taken care of and loved by a guy. Of course we all took care of her, especially grandmother, but of course being taken care of a guy feels different.

 

Minho was stunned. He did not know that Sulli experienced all of those things from a guy. He did not even know that she can love and become loyal to someone deeply. He wished that Krystal was like her. Then he mentally smacked himself for making that wish.

 

Minho: Is that why she is still single up to this time?

Sooyoung: Ne. She promised that she would never love again; and she would remain single forever. But that was until she learned about grandmother’s provision in her will.

 

He suddenly felt the urge to take care of Sulli. She was so pure and warm. She does not deserve to be treated like a rag. He realized that he was so mean to her. All the insults that he said to her; and all the things he did.

 

Sooyoung: So when did your fight happen?

Minho: More than a week ago.

Sooyoung: How did you know that she is mad at you?

Minho: She is not talking to me.

Sooyoung: Have you tried teasing her?

Minho: Ne. But she does not respond.

Sooyoung: Aigoo! She’s really mad at you. Sulli is the type of person who cannot bear to be overly offensive to other people even if they are already hurting her. Rather than engaging in a fight, she usually keeps silent when she is really mad.

Minho: Eottoke? What should I do?

Sooyoung: I don’t know. But what I did the last time that we fought what I did was to make her feel very special. I even left my husband in our apartment and stayed with her for a week until finally she forgave me. It was a tough job. *chuckles*

 

Minho was really in trouble.

 

Minho: How can I make her feel special?

Sooyoung: I don’t know. But I can give you specific points to help you.

Minho: Araseo. Please give me any information that I can use.

Sooyoung: Araseo. Take note of the following, these are her favourites:

              1. She loves yellow roses.

2. She eats everything edible. But she gives extra credit if you made the food yourself and not just bought a take out.

3. She likes eating pizza together with a chocolate smoothie.

4. She likes animals, and she adores children.

5. She likes to view the city lights from the top of a building at night.

 

After a few more tips from Sooyoung, Minho bid his goodbye and went back to his office to devise a plan.

 

Plan Number One:

 

Minho parked his car in front of the art gallery building at around 3:45 PM. Just a few minutes more and Sulli would be off from her work. He wanted to drive Sulli home. He decided to come up to her office.

 

Minho entered the building and asked the receptionist whose jaw dropped at the sight of Minho.

 

Minho: Annyeong. *smiles* May I know which floor is Mrs. Choi’s office?

Receptionist: We have two Mrs. Chois who have an office here. Which one of them?

Minho: Choi Sulli.

Receptionist: Do you have an appointment.

Minho: Ani. I’m her husband.

Receptionist: Omo! Mianhae. Her office is on the third floor.

Minho: Kamsahamnida.

 

Minho took the elevator to the third floor. When he stepped out, he was amazed by how beautiful the directors’ offices are. The design was a mixture of antique and modern Eropean style. He talked to another receptionist and asked where the junior art director’s office was exactly located. He was ushered to a door and was left there.

 

He knocked. He heard Sulli’s cheery voice from the other side of the door.

 

Sulli: Please come in.

 

Minho opened the door and he was shocked with what he saw. Sulli looked at the direction of the door.

 

Sulli: What are you doing here?