Chapter Twenty Four: Baby's Day Out

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

 

 

~~~

Annyeong!

It’s December 25th is almost over here in the Philippines.

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY DEAR READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS!

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to post updates for the past few days. I was busy preparing for our Christmas celebration.

 

But now the celebration is almost over, I have an update for you guys!

Heehee!

 

Hugs and kisses!

=)

 

Your author-nim,

Pepperflakes

~~~

 

 

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

BABY’S DAY OUT

 

Sulli kept humming to herself as she prepared for their day out. She took a bath and used her Chanel body wash. It was undeniable that it was a special day. After taking a bath, she scanned her closet and chose a simple black blouse, her skinny Calvin Klein jeans and black pumps. She simply dried her hair and let her brown waves loose. Finally she applied some BB cream and tinted lip balm.

 

In the other room, Minho placed KyungSan on his bed, placed some pillow barriers so that the baby would not fall; and began looking for something to wear. He took off his drenched shirt and put on his red polo, jeans and shoes. He preferred a laid back look today. Then he turned to KyungSan.

 

Minho: How do I look?

 

KyungSan only stared at him.

 

Minho: Do you think mommy would like it?

 

KyungSan pouted.

 

Minho was not convinced with his polo, so he changed into another polo. He once again turned to KyungSan.

 

Minho: How about this one?

 

KyungSan giggled and clapped his hands indicating that he approved of Minho’s attire.

 

Minho carried KyungSan and went out of his room.

 

Minho: For a baby, you have a good fashion sense. *chuckles*

 

KyungSan replied with baby talk and smiled as if saying thank you to Minho.

 

Both of them waited in the living area. Minho sat on the carpet while he and KyungSan played. Minho suddenly became aware of someone descending from the stairs. It was Sulli. He could not take his eyes off her. With the way sunlight beamed through the glasshouse, her skin became more luminous and the brown color of her hair became more intense.

 

When she reached the bottom landing, she smiled at both of them.

 

Her smile literally knocked the air out of him.

 

Sensing that Minho was once again out of his mind, KyungSan decided to slap Minho in the cheeks to bring him back to reality. Sulli saw this and she became concerned for Minho.

 

Sulli: Omo! Gwenchana?

 

Minho chuckled. KyungSan had a good timing too!

 

Minho: Ne. Kaja?

 

Sulli smiled and walked to the door. Then she noticed something. When Minho stood, she found out that he was also wearing black long sleeves polo with the sleeves folded up to the elbow, jeans and shoes. She then felt giddy. She thought that maybe it was only her who noticed that they were wearing the same thing. Just like couple clothes. She chose not to say anything and just kept her giddiness to herself.

 

She was wrong.

 

Minho also saw what she was wearing and he immediately got the idea. He was also giddy. But he also chose to conceal it.

 

[Minho’s POV]

Maybe this is the reason why KyungSan did not approve of my red polo. Thank heavens he let me change into this black one. *smiled to himself*

 

The three of them walked to the garage and rode on Minho’s car. Since his boss did not leave a baby car-seat for KyungSan, Sulli had to place him in his lap.

 

Minho: Would you be okay if the baby would sit on your lap for the trip?

Sulli: Of course. Besides, KyungSan is a good baby. He will behave. *pats KyungSan's head*

 

When both KyungSan and his wife were finally settled in the passenger seat; and Minho was sure that their seatbelt was in place, eh fired up the engine and they went on their way to the hilltop restaurant.

 

While they were on their way, KyungSan, being a curious little baby kept touching the things on Minho’s car. The buttons on his car stereo, the accessories on his dashboard, the automatic window button; and other things that he can get his pudgy little hands on. As a result, Sulli kept holding his hands and keeping them still.

 

Sulli: KyungSan don’t touch that. *holds KyungSan’s hands and kisses them*

 

KyungSan giggled.

 

Minho chuckled.

 

Minho: KyungSan, listen to mommy or else she might get mad and cancel the trip.

 

After hearing this, KyungSan looked at Minho with wide eyes and pouted.

 

Seeing KyungSan’s reaction, Sulli could not control the laugher bubbling up inside her. Finally she let it out. Minho laughed with her as well.

 

Sulli: Aegyeo! Don’t listen to daddy. I won’t cancel the trip.

 

KyungSan turned to look at Sulli and smiled at her. He rested his head on Sulli’s chest as if giving her a hug.

 

Minho chuckled and continued to drive. He felt giddy.

 

[Minho’s POV]

Did Sulli just call me daddy? Kekekeke! ^^,

 

After a few minutes, KyungSan found Minho’s car boring and decided to fall asleep in Sulli’s arms. She tightened her arms around him.

 

Minho: Are you okay mommy? He is heavy isn’t he? *smiles*

Sulli: Gwenchana. Yes he is. But it’s alright. Babies are supposed to be like this. *smiles back*

 

Minho brought back his attention on the road.

 

[Minho’s POV]

She responds when I call her mommy! Kekekekeke! ^^,

 

After a few more minutes, they finally arrived at the hilltop restaurant.

 

Minho parked the car and helped Sulli get out of it. Minho took the sleeping KyungSan from Sulli’s arms so she can alight from the car. When she tried to take the baby back, Minho said:

 

Minho: I’ll carry him. You’ve held him for an hour and a half. Your arms might get numb.

Sulli: Oh. Araseo. Gomawo. *smiles*

 

As they walked towards the restaurant entrance, two old ladies saw them. Minho heard them whisper.

 

Old lady #1: Omo! Look at those two! Don’t they look sweet?

Old lady #2: Ne. They look perfect for each other! *smiles*

 

Minho felt proud of what he heard and as the passed by the two old ladies, he smiled at them. Seeing him smile at the two old ladies, Sulli smiled as well. KyungSan raised his hand and opened and closed it towards the two old ladies giving them his version of “hello”.

 

Old lady#2: Aigooo!! Such a cute family!

 

Sulli: Why did you smile at them?

Minho: They said something and I liked it. Why did you smile at them?

Sulli: I saw you smiling at them. I thought you knew them.

 

They were greeted by a cheerful waiter when they entered the restaurant.

 

Waiter #1: Annyeonghaseyeo! You arrived just in time! We have opened a newly renovated wing of the restaurant today. It is especially made for small and starting families! We are serving a vareity of food that daddy, mommy and baby could enjoy! *smiles sincerely*

 

Sulli: Oh! But were-

 

She was not able to finish her sentence because Minho immediately cut in and said to the waiter:

 

Minho: We will go there! *smiles*

Waiter #1: Good choice Sir!

 

The waiter guided them to the new wing. Sulli pulled onto Minho’s sleeve and said:

 

Sulli: Are you sure about this? I mean we’re not really a family.

Minho: Of course. You said it yourself last night. Maybe KyungSan just misses his mommy and daddy. Let’s just be his mommy and daddy until they get back. *smiles*

 

Sulli was touched with what Minho said, so she agreed.

 

Waiter #1: Here we are. This wing was formerly a ballroom. But it had been transformed into a family wing so that families could eat comfortably in a laid back environment which is less formal than in the front wing. It’s usually difficult to eat when you’re in a restaurant and the baby is not used to the formal environment. *smiles*

 

The waiter then guided them to their personal area which consisted of a carpeted floor, sofas and a small coffee tables and some toys that KyungSan could play with.

 

 

Waiter #1: You can simply eat on the table while sitting on the carpet and watching your baby play.

 

Minho and Sulli settled KyungSan on the carpeted floor and proceeded to order pasta, some meat, sandwiches and juice.

 

They only waited for a few minutes and their food was served.

 

They ate their lunch together while sitting on the carpeted floor just like what the waiter had suggested; and they fed KyungSan with soup and mashed vegetables that the waiter recommended as the restaurant’s best seller for babies.

 

Minho: The food here is great!

 

KyungSan nodded in agreement, giggled and clapped his hands.

 

Sulli: Ne. Is this where you usually take your girlfriends? *teases Minho*

Minho: Ani. This is my first time here. *smiles*

 

Sulli could only stare at Minho.

 

Sulli: If this is your first time here, how did you know of this place?

 

Minho had finally found the right time to spill the beans.

 

Minho: I designed the renovations of this place. *smiles guiltily*

Sulli: Mwo? *stared at Minho with wide eyes*

Minho: I am the architect who handled the renovation of this wing.

Sulli: Why didn’t you say anything to the waiter?

Minho: He seemed so proud of this place; I did not want to spoil his moment. *smiles*

 

As if on cue, another waiter arrived and served them with two servings of banana split ice creams.

 

Waiter #2: A complementary from the management. We thank you for making this great renovation possible, Architect Choi. *bows*

Minho: Kamsahmnida. *bows*

 

Sulli had no idea why she found Minho’s attitude y. The way he respected the pride of the waiter and the way he humbly received the gift from the management. He was far from the arrogant bachelor that she married a few months ago.

 

Minho found her staring blankly into space and asked:

 

Minho: Sulli yah. Gwenchana?

Sulli: Ah. Yae. *blinks in confusion and smiles*

Minho: There is an area here that overlooks the ocean. Let’s go there later. *smiles*

Sulli: Araseo.

 

They ate the banana split and fed some to KyungSan. After their sumptuous lunch, they chose sit first on the sofa and watch KyungSan play by himself with the toys that the restaurant had provided.

 

Because of the long drive, Minho was getting sleepy so he rested his head on Sulli’s shoulder. He had no idea why he wanted to do sleep on Sulli’s shoulder, but it seemed so inviting to him.

 

Sulli froze as she felt Minho’s head slowly descend on her shoulders. Then, just when she was beginning to become comfortable with his head on her shoulders, Minho grabbed her hand and interlaced their fingers together.

 

Sulli gulped.

 

She looked at Minho who was peacefully sleeping on her shoulders. She could no longer control the feelings inside her and before she can control herself, she kissed him on the forehead. He snuggled further on her shoulder. Sulli heard KyungSan giggle as if saying that he caught her stealing a kiss from Minho. She then placed a finger on her lips telling KyungSan that it would remain their secret. In response, KyungSan smiled and uttered some baby talk indicating his agreement.

 

After a few minutes, Minho woke up and found their position. He felt giddy and blushed.

 

Minho: Mianhae. I fell asleep.

Sulli: Gwenchana. *blushes and smiles*

 

They looked at each other’s eyes for a few seconds more.

 

Minho: So do you want to go to the place I was talking about?

Sulli: The one with the view of the ocean?

Minho: Ne.

Sulli: Araseo.

 

Minho picked KyungSan up.

 

Minho: Waaah. Did you look after mommy while daddy was asleep? Hmmm??

 

KyungSan squealed and giggled.

 

Together they walked towards the place that Minho described. It was on the further north of the hilltop. It was a picnic ground, but it was temporarily closed.

 

Sulli: It’s closed. *involuntarily pouts*

Minho: Gwenchana. We can go in. The renovations haven’t started yet.

Sulli: Will you handle the renovations again?

Minho: Ne. *nods and smiles*

 

As he was carrying KyungSan, Minho assisted Sulli to get across the short fence. Together they walked towards the further end of the area and the view took Sulli’s breath away.

 

The high location of the area gave them a clear view of the ocean. Lighted by the afternoon sun, the ocean never looked so blue. The shore that lined its coast glinted as the  sun rays reflected on the white sand.

 

Sulli: It’s beautiful. *looks at the scenery*

Minho: It is. *looks at Sulli*

 

Then to Minho’s delight, Sulli rested her head on his shoulder. And as a response, he wrapped his other arm around her.

 

KyungSan said something in baby language too, and rested his head on Minho's shoulder. His little chinky eyes never leaving the view of the ocean.

 

For the first time in their lives, as they watched the beautiful scenery unfold before them, both Sulli and Minho experienced something that they haven’t experienced before. But they did not know what to call it. Yet.