Chapter Seventeen: Haziness and Confusion

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

 

~~~

Anneyeong!

Here is another fresh update for you my dearest subscribers!

...and...

I have good news for you!

1. My holiday break is about to start soon (probably next week) and I will now do my best to post updates daily! 

2. This fanfic would be longer than my first one.

Thank you so much for being so patient and waiting for my update.

 

Hugs and kissess!

Heehee!

=)

 

                                                                                                                                                                    Your author-nim,

                                                                                                                                                                     Pepperflakes 

~~~

 

 

 

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

HAZINESS AND CONFUSION

 

Minho checked his watch. It’s now 10:30 PM and Sulli is not yet home. He tried calling her phone a couple of times but she was not answering. No matter how much he tried to convince himself to think otherwise, he was beginning to worry about her.

 

[Minho’s POV]

Yah! What are you doing? You should not be thinking and worrying about her! It’s her life! Aish this girl! What kind of married woman stays out late without her husband?! *blinks and realizes something* Yah! Choi Minho! You’re forgetting that you’re not really married!

 

*Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!*

 

Minho picked up his phone. Sulli was calling.

 

Minho: Yah! Where are you?!

 

Unfortunately, it was Luna who answered.

 

Luna: Yeoboseyeo Mr. Choi. This is Luna, Director Sulli’s secretary. Do you still remember me?

Minho: Ah. Ne. Why do you have Sulli’s phone? Where are you guys?

Luna: We are at the Hyatt hotel. We are having our company gathering for the launch of the new art collection. Sir, something is wrong with Director Sulli. You have to come here immediately. I think someone put something on her drink. I think she is drunk drugged or. We are now in room 415. 

 

Minho was shocked and he was worried beyond compare. He doesn’t care if their marriage was only temporary, or that it was not a real one. He is going to bring Sulli home.

 

Minho: Araseo. I’ll be there in 20 minutes. Please stay by her side until I get there, and call her brother-in-law Dr. SiWon Choi. She has his numbe on her phone

Luna: Yes sir. Please hurry.

 

Minho got dressed immediately and left the glass house with haste. As soon as he entered the hotel, he took the elevator and ran through the hallway until he reached room 415. He opened the door. He was panting.

 

Minho: What happened?

 

Luna stood and bowed.

 

Luna: Anneyeonghaseyeo. I don’t know Sir. The last time I talked to her, she was sipping champagne. It is not usual for Director Sulli to drink heavy liquor. Then when I got back, she was already acting wierd.

 

Minho saw Sulli pacing the room like a drunken teenager. She was peering through the curtains, opening the drawers and cabinets. She walks to and fro the bathroom. She was agitated. She kept talking to herself and mumbling random things. Her eyes were not focused.

 

*Knock. Knock. Knock.*

 

Minho opened the door and he saw SiWon. He entered the door and asked him about the details. He simply repeated what Luna had told him.

 

SiWon: Alright. We have to put her to bed so I can take a look at her.

 

Thankfully, even if Sulli was restless, she obeyed instantly when SiWon asked her to sit by the bed. However, when he started examining her, she became agitated.

 

SiWon: Minho, I think it would be better if you would hold her. I can’t examine her properly.

 

Minho sat by the bed and placed his arm around Sulli.

 

Minho: Sulli yah, you have to let SiWon examine you so we can figure out what is wrong.

Sulli: Hmmm? Marshmallow. *grabs a fluffy white pillow and bit it.*

 

Minho chuckled. She was like a baby.

 

Minho: Baby, that is a pillow. I’ll buy you marshmallow if you would let SiWon examine you.

 

To his amazement, Sulli nodded and obeyed.

 

SiWon continued examining her by checking her pulse, getting her blood pressure and checking on her pupils to determine her eye dilation. All the while he was examining Sulli, Minho kept his arms around her, and she rested her head on his shoulder.

 

SiWon: She is not drunk. She is drugged. Miss Luna, did you see the person who gave her the champagne?

Luna: Ani. Mianhae. I was getting some food for myself at the buffet table. I'm so sorry.

SiWon: It’s alright. It’s not your fault. *smiles comfortingly at Luna* You did the right thing to bring her here in a private room. You don’t have to apologize; we should be the one thanking you.

 

Luna smiled and blushed at the handsome doctor who was talking to her.

 

SiWon: Minho, I think it would be better if you and Sulli would stay the night here. It would be difficult to bring her home.  I hope that the drug would be out of her system by morning.

 

Minho looked at Sulli who was calmly lying her head on his shoulder and playing with his shirt buttons. He smiled.

 

Minho: Ne. *turns his head towards Luna* Umm.. Miss Luna, can you look after Sulli for a little longer? I just have to go down to my car and take some extra clothes.

Luna: Yes Sir.

SiWon: I’ll walk out with you. I have to go back to the hospital. I’m still on duty. I’ll call Sooyoung when I get there.

Minho: Ne. Gomawo.

 

Minho went to the hotel parking and opened his car. He was very confused. He knew in his mind that their marriage was a temporary one, but caring for her felt right.

 

[Minho’s POV]

May be I’m being like this because I pity her, or may be because I’m feeling guilty about all the bad things I’ve said and done.

 

Minho went back to the hotel room just in time because Sulli was already complaining regarding her gown and began taking it off.

 

Sulli: Umph! Hmp! This gown is uncomfortable! *tugs on the gown*

Luna: You are just in time Sir. I think it would be better for you to change Director Sulli’s gown.

 

Minho panicked. He can’t let Luna know that he hasn’t seen Sulli fully , except for the “accident” a few days ago. He made an excuse.

 

Minho: Umm.. Miss Luna, could you just take care of changing her clothes? I just have to make a call and buy some supplies.

Luna: Ah. Yae.

 

Minho handed her one of his office polo that he had in his car as a spare, and went outside to buy some food. When he was in the grocery store, he saw some marshmallow packs on the store shelf and remembered Sulli. 

 

He smiled and took some marshmallow packs.

 

When he got back to the hotel, Luna bid goodbye and went home. By that time, Sulli was already in the bed sleeping. He heard her talking in her sleep so he sat beside her by the bed.

 

Sulli: I just want to know how it feels like. *pouts*

 

Minho answered, even if he knew that Sulli was sleep talking.

 

Minho: What do you mean?

 

Sulli did not hear him. She simply turned to her side and continued to sleep.

 

Minho sighed. He wanted to take care of her.

 

He went to the bathroom and began changing into more comfortable clothes. It was a good thing that he kept spare clothes in his car; but since he gave Sulli his spare office shirt, he had to sleep without any shirt tonight. Fortunately for him, the room was not too cold. When he got out of the bathroom, he checked on Sulli who was still sleeping peacefully. The drug is slowly waning on its effect and Sulli’s body has grown tired due to her hyper activity caused by the drug.

 

He talked to Sulli’s sleeping form.

 

Minho: Mianhae Sulli yah. If only I knew what you had suffered which caused you to stay single I would not have treated you badly. I will treat you better from now on.

 

He stood up and began making a sleeping space for him on the sofa. He could not bring himself to sleep beside Sulli on the bed. It would be improper. He looked at her once more and  said good night.

 

In the middle of the night, Minho heard someone walking around the room. He opened his eyes and saw Sulli walking towards him. She was wearing nothing other than his big office shirt; and her hair was in the right amount of messy. He thought he was dreaming. He pinched himself hard until it hurt. He was not dreaming. He was fully awake!

 

Minho: Sulli yah?

 

Sulli did not respond. Then he saw that her eyes were still unfocused. The drug still had an effect on her. She simply continued walking towards him. He felt embarrassed by his lack of shirt and began covering himself. Had it been another woman, he would have been proud to show off his toned body. But this was Sulli, and somehow he felt embarrassed. She was not like any other woman he knew.

 

She was now standing in front of him. She was still in a daze. She sat beside him while he was still lying down on the sofa.  

 

He simply stared at her and watched her actions. He was mesmerized by her. He could not believe that there is still someone who is so pure and untouched as her. He sent a silent prayer thanking the heavens that Heechul left her without even touching her. He frowned. He was not sure why he did that.

 

She lifted his arm and lied down beside him. She placed his arm around her waist.

 

He was shocked.

 

When she was fully settled in his arms, he heard her whisper:

 

Sulli: So this is how it feels like.

 

He smiled. He tightened his arm around her and both of them drifted back to sleep.

 

She was hazy and he was confused. It was a long night lit by unseen sparks. A night which was long enough for something to unfold.