Chapter Twenty Two: Drooling Cuteness

Your Revenge. My Bargain. Us.

~~~

Anneyeong!

Because I can't wait until tomorrow to post this one, here is my second update for the day!

Heehee!

 

I also want to thank maxstepp for the poster that he made for my fanfic. Maraming Salamat sa'yo!

<3

 

Happy Holidays!

 

Hugs and kisses!

=)

 

                                                                                                                                                     Your author-nim,

                                                                                                                                                     Pepperflakes

~~~

 

 

 

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

DROOLING CUTENESS

*Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!*

 

Minho and Sulli looked towards the path to the main door.

 

Minho: I’ll get it.

 

Minho walked to the main door of the glasshouse. He opened the door. It was his boss, Lee Dong Wook. He was with his baby boy KyungSan, who was strapped in a baby carrier on Dong Wook’s chest.

 

(URL: http://www.asianpopcorn.com/battle_images/snsd_s_baby_kyungsan_31082010075840.jpg)

No copyright infringement intended.

 

Dong Wook: Hehey! Anneyeonghaseyeo! *smiles widely*

Minho: Sir? What are you doing here? It’s almost 9:00 in the evening.

Dong Wook: Yes! I know! *smiles*

Minho: Weo? Why are you so cheery? Is something wrong? Are you drunk?

Dong Wook: Ani. *shakes his head* I just came here to ask you for a favor.

 

Minho was taken aback. He and his boss were close and often work together on projects, but he had not expected that he would be here asking him for a favor.

 

Minho: What is it sir?

Dong Wook: You see, my wife, Da Hae went to Busan this afternoon to look after her sick grandmother. She would be there for 2 days at most.

Minho: And?

Dong Wook: And as you’ve been informed in the office, I have to go to Incheon for a seminar tomorrow.

 

Minho nodded.

 

Dong Wook: And like in every other architect seminar, babies are not allowed.

 

Finally, Dong Wook’s favor clicked on Minho’s mind. He began shaking his head.

 

Dong Wook: Please Minho. I have to go to this seminar!

Minho: Can’t you just send another representative in that seminar?

Dong Wook: I can’t. The invitation was directly and specifically addressed to me.

Minho: Why can’t you just ask a female employee at the firm to take care of your baby? Or hire someone from an agency?

 

But before Dong Wook could reason out, Sulli emerged from the doorway saving him from giving a long explanation to Minho.

 

Sulli: Minho, who is it?

 

She then saw Lee Dong Wook.

 

Sulli: Omo! Anneyeonghaseyeo! Please come in. *smiles*

 

Then the three of them heard a gurgle, and they all looked at the baby in the arms of Dong Wook. KyungSan’s arms were outstretched to Sulli asking her to carry him. He was drooling and smiling at the same time.

 

Sulli: Oh! Agyeo! Anneyeong! *waves at baby KyungSan*

 

Dong Wook immediately unstrapped the baby carrier from his chest and handed KyungSan to Sulli. KyungSan began giggling in delight.

 

Dong Wook: See? KyungSan likes your wife already!

 

Minho could only stare as Dong Wook began handling him the baby bag where KyungSan’s necessities are contained.

 

Dong Wook: Great! I’ll pick him up tomorrow night after the seminar. Gomawo. I owe you one guys. *Kisses KyungSan on the forehead*.

 

Before Minho could reply, Dong Wook ran to his car and drove off.

 

Sulli went to his side carrying KyungSan. She was confused as to why the baby was left in their custody.

 

Sulli: What just happened?

Minho: My boss just asked us to babysit.

 

Sulli was shocked. She blinked three times. But since the baby was already there, they might as well take care of him.

 

Sulli: Araseo. *chuckles* Kaja, let’s go inside. Dinner is ready.

 

Sulli was the first one to go back inside the house. Minho watched her from behind.

 

[Minho’s POV]

She looks good carrying a baby. *smiles to himself*

 

The two of them ate dinner, while KyungSan on his milk bottle.

 

[Minho’s POV]

So this is how it feels like to have a family. *smiles to himself*

 

After dinner, Sulli began washing the dishes as Minho picked baby KyungSan up and went to the living room to play with him while watching tv. Sulli then proceeded to follow them after cleaning.

 

She stopped a few meters from them to watch them playing together. Minho and KyungSan were laughing and giggling uncontrollably. Minho had completely forgotten about his recent minor hand injury.

 

[Sulli’s POV]

So this is how Minho would look like when he finally becomes a father. *smiles to herself*

 

Then Sulli began imagining. Assuming that their marriage was real and permanent, would they be like this if they had a baby of their own?

 

“Sulli yah!”

 

She was brought out from her wonderings when she heard Minho call her name. KyungSan also stretched his arms and did some baby talk signalling that she should come and join them in their playtime. So she went.

 

The three of them played until KyungSan was tired. As his eyes drooped signalling that he is drifting off to sleep, Sulli picked him up and took him to her room.

 

Minho followed and watched her as she laid the baby on her bed. He placed his hand on her shoulder and said:

 

Minho: Would you be comfortable if KyungSan would sleep in your bed? He could sleep in mine since he is my boss’s son.

 

Sulli felt the warmth of his hand on her shoulder creep down to her heart and soul. She was dumbstruck with such sensation. She thought she’d never feel that kind of warmth again. She was wrong.

 

Sulli: Gwenchana. I like taking care of him anyways. *smiles*

Minho: Araseo. But please leave the door open, so I can hear it when he cries.

 

Sulli nodded her head and Minho smiled at her.

 

Minho went to his room and began preparing for bed. As he was lying down, waiting for sleep to take over, his thoughts kept wondering back to Sulli’s room as he imagined what could be going on inside at the moment. Was Sulli playing with KyungSan? Or are they already sleeping? He tried to be really silent as he listened to the faintest sound that could give him a clue that they were still awake. There was none.

 

[Minho’s POV]

I guess they’re already asleep. Just go to sleep Minho!

 

At around three quarters past midnight, Minho woke up from his sleep because he heard KyungSan crying. He ran to Sulli’s room and found her carrying a wailing KyungSan as she tried to soothe him from his despair.

 

Minho: What’s the problem?

Sulli: Mianhae. Did we disturb you from your sleep? I don’t know why he's crying. I tried feeding him, but he’s not hungry. His diaper is not even full yet. I guess he just misses his mom and dad.

 

In response, KyungSan stretched his arms to Minho asking him to carry him. Minho took KyungSan in his arms and began to soothe him again. KyungSan laid his head on Minho’s shoulder and began on his little pudgy baby thumb. Soon after, he was fast asleep.

 

Sulli, who was watching all the while, was amazed at Minho’s patience with the baby. She thought that a crying baby would drive him crazy, that’s why she did not wake him up when KyungSan began crying.

 

Minho walked to her and said something. She suddenly became all too conscious of his presence. It took her quite a while to understand what he was saying.

 

Minho: Umm.. Sulli yah?

Sulli: Mwo? *her expression was confused*

Minho: I said I think KyungSan is fine now. Should we put him on the bed?

Sulli: Ah. Ne.

 

To their disappointment, when Minho finally placed KyungSan on the bed, he woke up in an instant and wailed again. Minho immediately took him back in his arms and began soothing him again.

 

Sulli: It’s no use; I guess he wants to sleep in your arms.

Minho: It’s alright. Go get some sleep; I’ll take him to the living room.

Sulli: But what about you?

Minho: I’ll be fine. *smiles*

 

Sulli was thankful to Minho at that moment. As she snuggled under her comforter to get some sleep, she felt another wave of the warmth that she was trying so hard to ignore.

 

After two hours, she woke up. She was worried about Minho and KyungSan and wondered if both of them had gotten any sleep. She went to the living room and found Minho sleeping soundly on the sofa with KyungSan settled in his arms.

 

Her heart melted.

 

She went near them and woke Minho up.

 

Sulli: Minho, wake up. I think KyungSan is fine now. You can go back to your room so you can get some sleep and I can take him back to my room.

 

Minho opened his eyes and saw Sulli. He was still dazed from his sleep as he stood up and handed the sleeping KyungSan to Sulli, who took the baby and placed his tiny head on left shoulder. And since Minho’s consciousness was not fully alert, not to mention he was so sleepy, he could not fully control his actions.

 

By the time he finished handing KyungSan to Sulli, he laid his head on her right shoulder, his lips were very near to her neck.

 

Sulli was shocked. She thought there was something wrong with Minho, so she asked him:

 

Sulli: Minho, gwenchana?

 

 As he placed an arm around her waist and he answered in his deep sleepy voice by whispering:

 

Minho: Sleepy...

 

Sulli stood in the living room, in the middle of the night with a baby sleeping on her left shoulder, and a man sleeping on the right. She was unsure of what to do, but she was sure of one thing, the feeling of having KyungSan and Minho sleep on her shoulders brought warmth in her. The kind of warmth that made her want to cuddle them both until they wake up.

 

After a few minutes, Minho loosened his arm on Sulli's waist as he lifted his head from her shoulder. To her surprise, he kissed her on the forehead, gave her a sleepy y smile and began wandering sleepily back to his room.