The Blind Date

The One You Love The Most

 

In their dorm, Kyungsoo saw Yeo Hee watching the television while eating her favorite Lay’s potato chips in the living room. It’s a Saturday so Yeo Hee usually stays at home and watches her favorite shows.

 

“Oh, you’re already here! What happened? Have you met your cousin?” she asked.

 

“Yes and we had a fun time catching up on things…” he said as he sat beside Yeo Hee and took some potato chips.

 

“Geurae? That’s good. How is he?”

 

“He’s looking good. He’s taller now and he’s still outgoing just like before.” He smiled while telling her about his cousin.

 

“Wow! You look so happy today.”

 

“Yes, I am. It’s been 10 years since the last time I saw him, we even barely chat or talk over the phone so I’m really happy that his back.”

 

“That’s good to hear. But you might forget that you have a best friend…” she said.

 

“…a childish best friend.” And he laughed at his own statement.

 

“Yah! I’m not childish.” She hissed.

 

“Ok, if you say so.” And he turned to watch the TV again. “…what is this program you’re watching?”

 

“It’s about sogeting. They even telecast this kind of things on TV now.” She said.

 

Kyungsoo suddenly thought of Chanyeol’s request.  This might be the right time to ask her. He thought.

 

“You asked me about sogeting last night. Are you interested to be in one?” he asked unhesitantly.

 

 Yeo Hee slowly swallowed that chips she was eating when she heard Kyungsoo’s question. She suddenly thought of the reason why she asked that question last night. It was because of her feelings for him.

 

“Ahm, well, not really…” she managed to answer but not looking at him. She couldn’t really lie to him.

 

“Araseo. I just thought you’re interested, because if you are – I’ll be more than happy to be a matchmaker.” He said, still looking at the TV.

 

“MWO?!” she was shocked with what Kyungsoo said. You must be kidding me, right? She thought. She couldn’t believe that her best friend, the guy she loves, would be willing to set up her on a date. This might be it. This might be the sign she’s been waiting for – the sign to give up on him.

 

“Araseo!” she blurted out. “… I think that would be a great idea! It’s about time for me to date someone, right?”

 

Kyungsoo just looked at her and he could see how excited she was – even though she’s really not.

 

“Who is this person you want me to go on a blind date with?” she asked to sound more interested.

 

“Well, it’s Chanyeol. You guys haven’t talked before so this might be a good time for you to get to know each other, right?” he said.

 

Great! You even want me to date your cousin. She thought while she tried to smile with every word he said. But deep inside, it was killing her.

 

“Araseo! Just let me know once you set a date for that. I’ll just go to my room.” She said as she stood up and went to her room.

 

She looks so excited – she must be really interested in this blind date. Kyungsoo thought as he watched the couple dating on the TV show.

 

○○○○○○○○○○

 

Yeo Hee went on her bad and her laptop. She started to type in on her diary. She didn’t know what to feel – sad, broken, or mad.

 

Dear diary,

            SERIOUSLY KYUNGSOO-AH!?! Are you that blind or numb!? I don’t know what to feel anymore. He obviously doesn’t have any idea about what I truly feel. He doesn’t even care about it. Should I really give up on him? Should I really stop?

 

Suddenly, tears fell from her eyes but she quickly wiped it out.

 

“If this is what you really want, I will do it.” She told herself.

 

○○○○○○○○○○

 

“Hey, D.O! What’s up?”

 

“Chanyeol-ah, are you busy? Do you have any plans this evening?” Kyungsoo called Chanyeol to set the date for the sogeting between his cousin and Yeo Hee.

 

“Not really. I’m almost free, wae-yo?”

 

“Like what I’ve promised you, I’ll let you meet my best friend. BUT make sure you take good care of her!” Kyungsoo commanded.

 

“Oh! Wow! That’s great! Don’t worry, D.O! I will take good care of her.” Chanyeol couldn’t stop from smiling.

 

Right after he hung up on the phone, Yeo Hee came out her room and coldly stared at him.

 

“Are you ready for tonight?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

They already talked about the date and set it on one evening. Yeo Hee still couldn’t believe but she had to accept the fact that this is only way.

 

“Yes, I’m all ready.” She showed a big smile just to show him that she’s excited about it – but little did he know she was dying inside.

 

○○○○○○○○○○

 

The evening came and Yeo Hee was inside her room looking for a dress to wear.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah!” she shouted as she called Kyungsoo who was waiting in the living room.

 

“Ne?”

 

“What should I wear? I mean, should I wear something cute or y since he came from the States?” she asked as she scanned her closet.

 

y? She’s planning to wear a y dress? Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows when he heard the word “y”. “Aniya! You don’t have to wear a y dress. Just wear something comfortable…” he said with a commanding voice.

 

“Araseo.” She said.

 

Thirty minutes had passed and Yeo Hee was still in her room.

 

“Yeo Hee, aren’t you done yet? Chanyeol is already texting me. He said that he’s already in the restaurant. Ppali! We’ll be late.” He said while lolling on the couch.

 

“WE?! What do you mean “WE”?” she said while carefully putting her make-up on.

 

“Of course, I have to send you there so you could meet each other right?” he said.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, you don’t have to do that. That’s why it’s called “blind date”. And if you’re worried that we might not meet, just tell him what I’m wearing so he could easily find me…” with that, she finally came out the room. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and couldn’t stop his jaw from dropping. He was completely stunned when she saw her.

 

 

She was wearing a lotus sleeves chiffon dress in black and white with her stiletto shoes. Her curly hair was beautifully flowing down and she wore a very light make up plus a red lipstick. Cute but there’s still a touch of iness. She barely dressed up like this so Kyungsoo couldn’t help but to be startled with how she looked tonight.

 

“Yah! Kyungsoo-ah! Are you listening? I said, just tell him what I’m wearing, araseo?” she said.

 

“Mwo?!” he gasped. “Are you sure?”

 

“Ne! I’ll be fine.” She smiled and finally walked her way out.

 

○○○○○○○○○○

 

 

Yeo Hee walked inside the fancy restaurant and the people couldn’t stop looking at her. She looked around and hoped that her blind would see her.

 

“Aish, I should have asked Kyungsoo how he looks like…” she said to herself. She could only remember a little about Chanyeol. When they were younger, he was a very chubby kid who usually wore small spectacles. Does he still look the same until now? She thought anxiously.

 

She continued to walk around the restaurant. Suddenly, someone spoke behind her.

 

“You must be Yeo Hee?” a deep voice gave her chills on her spine.

 

Omo! That voice… is he my blind date? Aish, this is what I hate about blind dates; I don’t even have an idea of what he looks like. What if he looks older than me? What if he’s fat? What if he’s…not handsome? Eottohke!? She thought, closing her tightly and biting her lower lip.

 

Yeo Hee froze and thought if she would turn around or stay still.

 

“Hey, can you hear me?” and he spoke again.

 

Eottokhe!? Alright, Yeo Hee, you chose this and you accepted this. There’s no point of going back. I can do this. With that, she slowly turned around and when she saw the guy before him, she got completely amazed.

 

 

A bright smile surprised her. It was Chanyeol.

 

Wow! She’s prettier than I thought. Chanyeol thought as he looked at her from head to toe.

 

“Park Cha…Chanyeol?” she stuttered as she made sure that she got the right person.

 

“Yes! Wow! It’s nice to see you again Yeo Hee!” He beamed.

 

Omo! How an angelic and pretty face could have this deep voice? She thought.

 

Chanyeol guided her through their table and started to take their orders.

 

“So, I’m glad that you agreed to be set on a date with me” he said to start the conversation.

 

“Ahm, well, yes. You’re Kyungsoo’s cousin so I know that I’m in good hands. Besides, we were not introduced to each other formally before.”

 

“That’s right.” Chanyeol as he kept on smiling in front of her.

 

Chanyeol and Yeo Hee were having a fun time together and really enjoying their date. Yeo Hee couldn’t stop laughing at Chanyeol fun personality. They talked about Chanyeol’s life in States and Yeo Hee comfortably shared her stories too.

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was thoughtlessly surfing on the TV channels. He couldn’t stop thinking of Yeo Hee and Chanyeol’s date. For some reason, he felt troubled inside.

 

“Is she alright? What could they be doing now?”  He asked himself as he continued to press the button on the clicker.

 

Suddenly, the he remembered Yeo Hee and how beautiful she was on her dress.

 

“How come I didn’t notice how beautiful she is?” the words came out from his mouth surprised him. He quickly ran to the kitchen and drank a glass of water. He completely freaked out with his own thoughts.

 

“Aish, Kyungsoo! Micheoso!? She’s your best friend and you set her up to your closest cousin. You’re doing the right thing and you’re being a good friend. Right, that’s how you should think.” he said as he convinced himself. Right then, he gulped another glass of water.

 

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

 

Author's notes:

Annyeonghaseyo! It's Mrs. Sarang again! How's everyone doing? Well, here's another chapter for you. What can you say in their blind date?

It was good noona~

Hahaha! I knew that you would like it. 

The story is going a little pretty fast don't you think? Well, earlier, after listening to random, love songs... few more ideas have gotten inside my head. I'm still not sure how long this story will take, but I will just continue to write everything I might have and I'm pretty sure you'd love it. 

 

Aaah! That's exciting!

 

That's right Kyungsoo-ah! 

And oh, I know you're still waiting  for one more character... please patiently wait for him. He might show up in the next few chapters. ^^~

That's all for today! I hope you'd continue posting your comments and supporting this story.

You guys all take care!

Saranghaeyo~

Kyungsoo, Chanyeol... you know what to do! *winks*

Bye Bye readers! Saranghae~

Saranghae~

Chanyeol-ah...that's not a heart. *slams head on the desk*

Anyway, I know you'll learn how to do it someday. Haha!

Bye everyone~

*credits to all the owners of these gifs and photos. <3