Distance and Time

The One You Love The Most

 

“I insist – “ Baekhyun and Chanyeol said in chorus. Yeo Hee and Eun Mi looked at each other after being stuck in an awkward situation. Yeo Hee cleared before making her decision.

 

“W-Wait! Here’s what we gonna do. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, please send Eun Mi home. I need to speak with Baekhyun so I will go with him.” She said. Chanyeol hissed in disbelief but he couldn’t oppose since it was Yeo Hee who spoke up. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo just complied and asked Eun Mi to go with him and his cousin.

 

Inside the car, Baekhyun couldn’t stop from smiling because Yeo Hee chose to be with him. He was grinning widely as he drove the car and Yeo Hee didn’t fail to notice it.

 

“Are you okay Baekhyun?” she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

 

“Ne. Gwaenchana! Wae?” he said, still smiling like a fool.

 

“Nothing. Anyway, why did you do that?” she said. The reason why she chose to be with him was to have some private time and ask him about his “confession” in his mini-concert.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Why did you do that? That song? Those words…” she muttered.

 

“Ah! The riddle? I know you’re not as dense as your best friend, right?” he kid.

 

“Baekhyun…”

 

“Alright! I was just kidding.” He said, focusing on the road. He pursed his lips before he continued. “Yeo Hee, years had passed but my feelings for were never gone. I still love you…” he said.

 

Yeo Hee tilted her head to face him and she could still see this smile and sincerity on his face. She couldn’t believe that someone still loved her despite of the distance and time. There was a cold silent not until Baekhyun broke it with his question.

 

“Are you going turn me down again this time?” he said.

 

Yeo Hee gulped hard upon hearing his question. She didn’t know how to answer his question. She was completely surprised with his blunt and direct questions. Suddenly, she heard him chuckle.

 

“Sorry for that question… I just couldn’t help it. But I don’t need an answer right now, so just take your time.” He said. They didn’t notice that they already reached the apartment. Yeo Hee was still quiet and couldn’t speak a single word but as she faced him, she showed a warm smile to show her gratitude.

 

“Thanks for the ride.” She said.

 

“You’re welcome. Thanks for coming and I hope to see you again next time. Good night.” Baekhyun sweetly responded.

 

○○○○○○○

 

The next morning, Chanyeol was lying down his bed as he stared at the wall calendar.

 

"3 months and 23 days... I need to move quickly." he uttered. Counting down the days, Chanyeol doesn’t want to waste any single time he has.

 

"That's right! I need to do something before it's too late." he exclaimed. He hastily got up the bed and took the papers from his desk. Then, he stormed out from the hotel room and headed to Yonsei University.

 

○○○○○○○

 

In the university, Yeo Hee and Eun Mi were walking down the hallway as they talked about Baekhyun's mini-concert last night.

 

"You told me that he confessed to you way back in high school. What did you feel when he did it again last night?" Eun Mi curiously asked. She knew that to ask the kind of question was not the best idea, but she was eager to know what Yeo Hee really felt.

 

"I don't know what to feel..." Yeo Hee responded, just heaving a deep sigh.

 

"Well, as I could see, he still has feelings for you." Eun Mi added. Yeo Hee didn't respond anymore and pursed her lips.

 

They stopped by a small bench and took a seat. As Yeo Hee lazily leaned her back on the bench, Eun Mi rummaged her bag and took out a pen and paper. She started writing something and when she was done, she showed it to Yeo Hee.

 

Kyungsoo - 2 points

Chanyeol - 1 point

Baekhyun - 1 point

 

"What is that?" Yeo Hee asked.

 

"Score Chart!" and Eun Mi answered with a huge grin on her face.

 

"Score chart? Is this a competition or something?" Yeo Hee was perplexed with her friend's another idea.

 

"No. But this is a search for your Mr. Right. If Kyungsoo gets more points, then he's the one. If Chanyeol does, then it's him. If Baekhyun does then..." there was a long a pause with Eun Mi's sentence.

 

"Then?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"...then let him be." Eun Mi muttered. "However, as long as there is a guy who will be able to do any of those of signs, I will add their names here." she said, smiling at Yeo Hee.

 

Yeo Hee couldn't do anything but just touched her temple. This was fun at first but now it's already giving her a headache. Many girls would definitely want to be in her shoes. To have these three men as her choices, she didn't expect that it would be this hard.

 

○○○○○○○

 

After driving for half an hour, Chanyeol finally reached Yonsei University. He rushed his way inside the university to look for the registrar. But as he quickly ran his way to the office, he accidentally bumped into someone. When he turned around to apologize to the person, he realized that it was Yeo Hee and she was with Eun Mi.

 

Yeo Hee was utterly surprised to see Chanyeol in the university.

 

"C-Chanyeol? What are you doing here?"

 

"Yeo Hee!" Without answering her question, Chanyeol just hugged her tight like he hasn't seen her for a long time. After pulling away, he also greeted Eun Mi with his warm smile.

 

"I'm here because I need to submit these papers." He realized that Yeo Hee was still waiting for his answer.

 

"What papers?" Yeo Hee asked again.

 

"School requirements."

 

"Wait... are you enrolling here?" Eun Mi asked too.

 

"Transferring, actually." And Chanyeol just smiled widely at them.

 

"Woah! That's cool! You will be in the same school with Yeo Hee and Kyungsoo then." Eun Mi commented as she scooted closer to Yeo Hee.

 

"That's right!" Chanyeol responded excitedly.

 

"By the way, do you need some help? Do you want us to join you?" Yeo Hee offered.

 

"Well, if that would not be too much and if you girls were not busy... I’d love that." he said.

 

"Alright! Kaja!" Eun Mi said, moving in between Yeo Hee and Chanyeol.

 

○○○○○○○

 

Kyungsoo was busily scanning the books in the library when he felt his phone vibrated from his pocket. He quickly picked it up when he saw that it was Yeo Hee calling.

 

"Kyungsoo-ah!" she called.

 

"Yes?"

 

“Chanyeol is here. He processed his school papers today because he'll be transferring here. He wants to see you. Eodiseo?"

 

"I'm here at the library. And I might stay here for a while because I need to finish some research papers."

 

"Aww. Is that so?"

 

"Ne. Please tell Chanyeol that I'll just call him."

 

"Araseo. I'll just tour him around then. Good luck and see you later." and they hung up. Yeo Hee turned to Chanyeol and told him that Kyungsoo wouldn't be able to join them in touring the university.

 

"Aish, my cousin has never changed. He is such a diligent student." he chuckled.

 

"That's true. Anyway, where do you want to go first?" she asked.

 

"Let’s check the different departments. I want to learn more about this university.” Chanyeol suggested. Yeo Hee nodded and with that, they began walking around the school.

 

○○○○○○○

 

After taking a tour in the entire Yonsei University, Yeo Hee and Chanyeol felt hunger so they decided to go to the cafeteria and grab a bite.

 

"What can you say about the university?" Yeo Hee asked as they both sat and placed the food they ordered on the table.

 

"I like it. I think I will enjoy studying here." Chanyeol said.

 

In the middle of their meal, Chanyeol's phone suddenly rang. He quickly excused his self to answer the call.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Hey Chanyeol!"

 

"Sangchom?"

 

"Yes, it's me. I'm here in Seoul."

 

"Mwo? When did you come?"

 

"I just arrived last night. I got assigned here in Kyunghee Medical Center, here in Dongdae-mun. Where are you? I need to tell you something."

 

"I'm here at Yonsei. I'll be home before 6, let's meet up by then."

 

"Araseo. I'll see you later.”

 

After hanging up the phone, Chanyeol felt anxious with the fact that his uncle and personal doctor is in the same city now. He walked back to the table and tried to hide his anxiety.

 

"I didn't mean to listen but is that your uncle?" Yeo Hee suddenly asked.

 

"Yes. He just arrived here in Seoul. He got assigned in Kyunghee Medical Center and will be working there for a while." he responded.

 

"Wow! So your uncle is a doctor. That's cool!" Yeo Hee was amazed. She easily gets amused whenever she hears the words "doctor" or "hospital".

 

"Yes, he is." Chanyeol replied.

 

"I once dreamt of being a doctor. I really find hospitals very fascinating." Yeo Hee mention.

 

"I don't." He just shrugged his shoulders as he bit on his burger.

 

"Why? Is it because you're scared of needles?" Yeo Hee teased. Chanyeol just chuckled but deep inside him, he knew that there was one certain reason he hates hospitals.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...because I have spent my entire life in a hospital since the day I was born. He thought.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

 

Author's note:

Annyeong! ^^ I'm back! Sorry, it took a while for me to update. Gaaah! Christmas is coming... that's another reason I got too busy...again. OTL

Anyway, the chosen character is BAEKHYUN. I was really surprised because I didn't expect that he would win the first poll. What can you say Baek?

I didn't expect it! Thank you so much! ^^

It only proves that the you got the heart of our readers! ^^

Mrs. Sarang wait...

I disagree. The competition is just starting.

But they chose me Kyungsoo-ah...just accept it. ^^

Baekhyun, we're just starting...don't be too confident.

Hey readers! Why not vote for me? 

Please vote for me next time... ^^

Hahaha! Watching you guys is so entertaining. But please...this is a friendly competition. For Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, there's stil next time so work harder. ^^

 

To our beloved readers, can you feel it now? I know it's REALLY hard to choose among these three cute dorks, but like what I've said -- we're just starting. :D

How's your preparation for Christmas? I'm so excited. I'm in a long holiday break so I'm going to use it wisely. 

That's all for today. What can you say about this chapter? Please let me know. Thanks to my new subscribers. And thank you for waiting for me patiently. 

Saranghae! 

*credits to all the owners of these gifs.