Letting Go

The One You Love The Most

SONG OF THE CHAPTER

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Yeo Hee quickly ran outside the main hall and Baekhyun immediately followed her. As tears continuously flowed from her eyes, she touched her chest as she couldn’t define the pain she was feeling.

 

“Why is this so painful?” she asked herself as she stopped and leaned her back to the wall.

 

Watching her cry, Baekhyun was so disheartened.  She still loves him. He thought. He slowly walked to approach her. But when Yeo Hee felt his presence, she hastily wiped her tears and covered her face.

 

“You don’t have to hide it. I already caught you.” He said, standing next to her. There was an awkward silence again that stood between them. Baekhyun heaved a sigh as he pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket. He handed it to Yeo Hee and as she took it, tears started to fall again.

 

Yeo Hee continued to sob even more, knowing that someone was watching her. Baekhyun was just quiet the entire time for he didn’t know what could be the best thing to say.

 

A moment later, while Yeo Hee was still crying her heart out but not making any noise, Baekhyun decided to stand in front of her. He held her shoulders tightly and made her look at him.

 

“You love him, that’s why you’re hurting like this.” Baekhyun said. Yeo Hee didn’t respond but just bit her lower lip.

 

“I’m also hurting but seeing you cry like this… it hurts me more.” And he suddenly admitted. She tilted her head and looked at him again. She could see the sincerity in his eyes – and they were filled with concern.

 

“I’m sorry…” were the only words she could utter. To her surprise, Baekhyun pulled her into a hug. It was tight yet comforting. She could feel his soft hand rubbing her back as he whispered.

 

“It’s okay to cry… it will make you feel better.”

 

His words were very comforting that Yeo Hee finally broke down and cried even more. Baekhyun just hugged her and caressed her back.

 

I think I will never ever win your heart, but I will do everything to help you forget him. I will do everything. Baekhyun thought as he let Yeo Hee cry on his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo who just ran out from the main hall caught this scenario.  His eyes widened seeing Baekhyun and Yeo Hee hugging each other.

 

I think they’re already…together. His mind created a speculation with what he saw but he couldn’t deny the sudden pain he felt seeing them this close.

 

○○○○○○

 

Baehyun drove Yeo Hee home to make sure that she would arrive in their apartment safely. As they reached their location, Yeo Hee thanked Baekhyun. Baekhyun reached out his hand to her cheek and touched it.

 

“Please don’t cry anymore…” he muttered.

 

Yeo Hee tried to smile and nodded to his request. She bid goodbye as she got off the car.

 

Going inside the apartment, Yeo Hee noticed that Kyungsoo wasn’t around yet. Thinking that he might still be in the party, she just went straight to her room. The moment she got on her bed, she quickly her laptop and started typing.

 

Dear Diary,

                I think this is it. I’ve been denying the reality all this time – but I finally realized that I’ve been just fooling myself from believing he would ever notice my feelings for him. But tonight as I saw Yoo Ara’s confession to him – they must be together now.

                This is so painful. I don’t understand why, but I had enough – it’s about time for me to let go of him.

                I wish him all the happiness. I want you to be happy Kyungsoo.

 

And again, tears rolled down her face as she cried quietly in her dark room.

 

○○○○○○

 

Morning came and as Yeo Hee woke up and walked downstairs, she saw Kyungsoo who was preparing their breakfast – just like any other mornings. Everything looks normal and ordinary. Because of what happened last night, Yeo Hee thought Kyungsoo might be already wondering why she left without telling him.

 

She tried her best to act as normal as possible to avoid any interrogations from Kyungsoo.

 

“Good morning!” She greeted him, sitting to her usual seat. She took a spoonful from the fried rice he cooked.

 

“Good morning!” Kyungsoo did the same as he glanced at her. She looks really happy, it must be because of last night.  He thought.

 

“Hmmm! This is yummy! Did you add something to this fried rice?” Yeo Hee commented.

 

“Well, I just added more kimchi so it will be tastier.” And he replied with a smile. It seems like he had a good night sleep. Yeo Hee thought as she noticed his smile.

 

The usual conversation went on naturally not until they both thought of something.

 

“I want to say –” They both uttered in unison. Kyungsoo stopped and cleared his throat.

 

“You go ahead.” He said.

 

“No it’s okay, you go first…” but she refused.

 

“Aniya. It’s okay, what do you want to say?” Kyungsoo insisted. Just like any other times, Yeo Hee never won over Kyungsoo so she gulped hard before speaking.

 

“Well, I just want to say that I’m happy for you. You and Ara really look good together.” She said.

 

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes with what she said. Is she thinking that Ara and I are… he cut off his own thought when realized what she was thinking and just misunderstood what happened last night.

 

“But we’re not –” He was about to tell the truth when he got interrupted by Yeo Hee’s phone. She excused herself to pick it up.

 

○○○○○○

 

“Yoboseyo!”

 

“Hi Yeo Hee!”

 

“Oh! Chanyeol! How are you?”

 

“I’m great! Are you free today?”

 

“Yes. Why?”

 

“Let’s meet up in Namsan Park! I want to tell you something.”

 

“Araseo! I’ll see you then.”  And they hung up. It has been a while since Yeo Hee heard from Chanyeol so she felt a little excitement to meet up with him. She went back in the kitchen and told Kyungsoo that she would be meeting Chanyeol today.

 

Kyungsoo got confused when Yeo Hee agreed to meet up with Chanyeol still.

 

“I thought you and Baekhyun are already together?” He blurted out.

 

Yeo Hee furrowed her eyebrows with his assumption. Did he see us last night? She thought as she remembered how Baekhyun pulled her into a hug.

 

"No, we're not!" she blurted out. "I mean, Baekhyun is a good friend but you know that I don't have feelings for him..." and she suddenly murmured. Kyungsoo nodded his head, and undeniably, he felt relieved with what she said. He was about to explain his side when Yeo Hee spoke up again.

 

"I have to prepare now. I'll see you around." and she quickly went to her room as she felt scared that he might ask more questions.

 

○○○○○○

 

In the University, Kyungsoo was telling Kai what happened in the party.

 

"So she confessed to you?" he asked, repeating what Kyungsoo just told him. Kyungsoo just nodded his head.

 

"And you turned her down? On her birthday?" Kai throwing more questions and Kyungsoo felt guiltier about it. He didn't want to hurt Ara's feelings but he also didn't want to lie to her.

 

"That was not a good present, I must say." Kai commented as he leaned his back to the chair.

 

"I know. But you know that Ara is just like a sister to me." Kyungsoo reasoned.

 

"But you also know that she really likes you since she got here." and Kai responded. It wasn't helping Kyungsoo at all, but he realized that his friend had a point. As they continued their conversation, Yoo Ara suddenly showed up in the canteen and saw them. She walked towards them, holding her books tightly on her chest. She was starting to be teary as she called out Kyungsoo's name.

 

"Kyungsoo oppa, are you still mad at me?" she asked, standing stiffly on Kyungsoo's side. He stood up and looked at her.

 

"I'm not mad at you, Ara. But, I think it’s better if we don't see each for a while. I'm sorry." He said. For him, it would be easier for Yoo Ara to forget him if they don't see each other for the meantime.

 

As Kyungsoo walked out, a tear fell from Yoo Ara's eyes. Kai just watched her and for some reason, he felt bad for her. Kai asked her to sit in front of her and there, she began bawling like a little girl.

 

"Am I ugly? Am I that bad? Why can't he love me?" she started asking questions and Kai couldn't do anything but just shook his head.

 

"Ara, you’re not ugly and as I can see, you're not bad either. But Kyungsoo is a type of person who doesn't fall in love with a girl easily. It really takes time for him to recognize his true feelings." Kai said. Being one of his closest friends, Kai knows Kyungsoo's perspective about love.

 

Yoo Ara suddenly ceased from crying after hearing these words. As she wiped her tears, a plan quickly crossed her mind.

 

"Kai, do you know where Kyungsoo oppa lives?" she asked.

 

"Why? Don't tell me you're planning to stalk him?" Kai assumed.

 

"No. Can you just please tell me where he lives? Please." Yoo Ara suddenly put her hand to Kai's hand. Strange enough, Kai felt electrocuted the moment Yoo Ara touched her.

 

Kai was stunned for a moment but eventually, he gave in and told Kyungsoo's address.

 

"Gomawo!" Yoo Ara said as she stood up from her chair. She finally stopped from crying and just after a couple of minutes; she went back to her cheerful personality. After getting the address, she left Kai who was still dumbfounded with the quick change of her mood.

 

"She's really like a kid sometimes." Kai uttered, watching Yoo Ara left.

 

○○○○○○

 

Walking down the corridor, Yoo Ara was intently staring at the paper where Kai wrote Kyungsoo's address.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So this is where he lives...as well as Kim Yeo Hee. I just need a right timing...and my plan would be perfect." she smirked as she talked to herself.

 

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Author's note:

Annyeong! I'm back again! How's everyone?

So here's another chapter for you guys. "Song of the chapter" is back. More songs in the next chappies.

 

Thanks to my new subscribers!

 

 

Hello everyone!

Hey, hey, hey... Kyungsoo-ah! Calm down...

You seem so happy and excited and...jumpy today. Wae geurae?

I'm just so happy noona~

And why is that? Is it because you're the only one to close this chapter today? Is it because Chanyeol and Baekhyun are not with us right now?

Not really...

But I'm really happy to have you and the readers for myself...

O_O Hahaha! OMO! Kyungsoo-ah~ Where are you learning those words? You're being too cheesy, don't you think?

*catches flying kiss and throws one too*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Haha! Anyway, everyone that's our beloved Kyungsoo. So I decided to give these 3 dorks their own shining moment for each chapter (I'm just talking about the closing part) and for today we have our adorable D.O!

Questions for this chapter:

So what do you think about this chapter?

Can you relate with what Yeo Hee has been going through?

Have you cried because of love before?

Have you done something crazy  because of love too just like Yoo Ara?

 

I know, I have too many questions. I just love talking to you guys so please keep your comments and thoughts coming. I just love reading them.

That's all for today!

Saranghae~

*credits to all owners of these photos and gifs.