Rain

The One You Love The Most

 

 

SONG OF THE CHAPTER

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

 

"What did he say?" Eun Mi asked. Yeo Hee was in the bakeshop together with her friend when she called Kyungsoo.

 

"He said he forgot it again." She sighed.

 

When it started raining this morning, Yeo Hee immediately thought of Kyungsoo. She remembered that he has a very weak immune system that he could easily catch a cold once a raindrop falls on him. No matter how often she reminds him to bring an umbrella, he'd still forget it.

 

"I think you need to pick him up later to make sure that he'd be able to get home safe and dry tonight." Eun Mi joked and the bakeshop got filled with giggles.

 

As their conversation went on, Yeo Hee received a phone call. It was from Baekhyun.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Yeo Hee! Are you busy tonight?"

 

"Oh Baekhyun! Ahm, not really, why?"

 

"I’m just thinking if I can invite you for dinner tonight. I want to celebrate something together with you."

 

"Oh, what is it?"

 

"I'll let you know later."

 

"Okay, I'll see you then."

 

And then they hung up.

 

"Was it Baekhyun?" Eun Mi asked as she walked over the counter.

 

Yeo Hee nodded. "He wants us to meet later this evening. He said he'd want to celebrate something with me. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with his career."

 

"I see." And Eun Mi nodded in understanding.

 

○○○○○○

 

The evening quickly came and it was time for Kyungsoo to go home. But he didn't expect that he would be stranded under the waiting shed as he watched the heavy downpour. He continuously prayed for the rain to stop but after standing there for more than thirty minutes, he already lost hope.

 

"I think this rain won't ever stop." He uttered, wrapping himself due to the cold weather.

 

At the apartment, Yeo Hee was already preparing to meet Baekhyun. But as she looked outside the window and saw the heavy rain, she couldn't help but think of Kyungsoo. She started to be worried about him.

 

He should be here by now. She thought.

 

All of a sudden, the door bell rang. It must be him. She quickly ran downstairs and as she opened the door, a soaking wet Kyungsoo greeted her.

 

"Kyungsoo-ah!" Yeo Hee said loudly.

 

Kyungsoo was dripping after he ran under the rain just to get home. He was shivering and his nose was already running. Yeo Hee hastily helped him to get inside and took a towel to cover him.

 

"What did you do Kyungsoo? Do you really want to get sick?" She began yelling at him.

 

"Even if I stay there and wait with this cold weather, I'd still get sick." Kyungsoo retorted, still shaking.

 

"And why did you even forget to bring your umbrella? I keep on reminding you about but you always forget it." She nagged.

 

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." He just said. Kyungsoo would just apologize to her once she starts nagging. But he knows that it's really his fault.

 

Yeo Hee quickly the heater and prepared a new set of clothes for Kyungsoo. She also prepared a hot drink to keep him warm. As she worked around the house, Kyungsoo noticed that she was all dressed up.

 

"Are you going somewhere?" He asked.

 

Yeo Hee had completely forgotten about Baekhyun because she got too busy preparing things for Kyungsoo. She hurriedly checked her phone and noticed that she already had a lot of missed calls from him.

 

○○○○○○

 

At the restaurant, thirty minutes had already passed since Baekhyun arrived. He already gave up on contacting Yeo Hee because he already dialed her number for a thousand times now.

 

"Do you want anything sir?" the waiter approached him for the third time around. He shook his head as he said "no" to the waiter. He sadly looked at his phone as he thought.

 

Are you still coming Yeo Hee?

 

○○○○○○

"I'll just bring this drink Kyungsoo then I'll leave." Yeo Hee told herself. She let Kyungsoo changed in his room and after preparing a cup of hot chocolate drink, she quickly climbed up the stairs.

 

As she entered the room, she saw Kyungsoo completely covered by the white comforter. She put down the tray on the table and walked towards the bed. Slowly she sat on the side of the bed and checked if Kyungsoo was already sleeping. She panicked when she saw him, still shivering severely. She gently touched his forehead and found out that he was burning in fever.

 

"Omo! Kyungsoo-ah! What's wrong?" She asked, trying to be calm as much as possible.

 

"I'm okay Yeo Hee. You have to go now. Baekhyun must be waiting for you." Kyungsoo said with his trembling voice.

 

"No! I can't leave you like this. Stay here! I'll just get hot water and a cloth." And Yeo Hee ran downstairs again.

 

When she reached the kitchen, she remembered something. She pulled out her phone and dialed Baekhyun's number.

 

○○○○○○

 

"So you won't be able to come?" Baekhyun asked. After waiting for almost an hour, Baekhyun finally received a call from Yeo Hee  -- and that's just to tell him that she wouldn't be able to come anymore.

 

"Mianhae Baekhyun, but I can't really leave Kyungsoo like this." She said apologetically.

 

"It's okay. I understand. Please tell him to get well soon." Baekhyun lied. It wasn't really okay but he couldn't deny the fact that Yeo Hee would always choose Kyungsoon over anything.

 

"Thanks for understanding Baekhyun. Please take care on your way home. It's stilll raining hard so be careful not to catch a cold." Yeo Hee reminded him just like what she did to Kyungsoo.

 

As they hung up, Baekhyun called the attention of one of the waiters in the restuarant.

 

"Yes sir?"

 

"Please give me a bottle of wine." He ordered. As the waiter left, Baekhyun took the box of cake he bought earlier this afternoon.

 

"I think I'm all by myself again tonight." He said. He opened the box and took the small candle and put it on top of the cake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Happy Birthday to myself."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

 

Author's note:

Here I go again....

Annyeong everyone! ^^~ How are you guys doing? Here's another chapter for y'all! 

Am I being too harsh to Baekhyun? :( Believe me, but I love him -- I love them all. It's just that, it's part of the story and it really needs to be done. You understand that Baek, right?

Of course, noona~

Aww! Thank you Baekhyun! Saranghae~

Nado saranghae noona~

*smiles while blushing*

 

I chose that song because... it's my current addiction. It's not a new song but all of a sudden, I feel like listening to it. So when I was writing this chapter, this song was on repeat. ^_^

I'm really working hard for the next chapter so please look forward to it.

Please keep your comments coming! And thanks again to my new subcribers!

Saranghae~

 

*credits to all the owners of these photos and gifs.