The Preparation

The One You Love The Most

 

SONG OF THE CHAPTER

 

 

 

Dear diary,

 

A lot of things happened lately. I just learnt about Eun Mi's feelings for Baekhyun. I didn't really expect that she would seriously fall in love with him. But Baekhyun already left last week and Eun Mi told she was able to confess to him.

 

At some point, I felt envious toward her bravery. I wish I had the same courage to admit my true feelings. Yes. Until now, I still can't get over him. I still can't get over Kyungsoo...


 

Yeo Hee suddenly stopped from typing when she heard her phone rang.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Yeo Hee!"

 

"Oh, Eun Mi? What's up?"

 

"Nothing. Are you at home right now?"

 

"Yes." Yeo Hee said. She hadn't spoken with Eun Mi for a couple of days after she did her confession to Baekhyun so she got excited to hear from her again. "How are you now?" she aslked.

 

"I'm fine. Feeling much better now. I just visited Baekhyun's fanpage and it seems like he's really going to be very busy for the next few months." Eun Mi said.

 

"I see."

 

"Anyway, let's talk about something else. Valentine's coming, do you already have a date?"

 

"Date? Well, I don't have one. I'm not sure if I'm going to have one."

 

"I'm pretty sure you'd get one. Who knows Kyungsoo might just ask you out?"

 

"That's way too impossible." Yeo Hee chuckled. After they ended their conversation, Yeo Hee went back on her laptop.

 

Is it really possible for you to ask me out? Is it really possible Kyungsoo-ah?


 

Kyungsoo and Kai were walking down the hallway inside the university when they were approached by one of their professors.

 

"Do Kyungsoo!" Prof. Lee called his attention.

 

"Oh. Seonsaengnim!"

 

"The college of music will hold a Valentine concert this coming Friday night – which means two days from now. Our head department thought to gather all the best vocals from the class and you're one of those."

 

Kyungsoo beamed with the good news Prof. Lee brought to them. "Jinjja! Kamsahamnida Seonsaengnim." and he bowed once again.

 

"Ah, seonsaeng, is Yoo Ara going to be part of it too?" Kai suddenly asked.

 

"Yoo Ara? We haven't talked to her yet but we're sure to consider." Prof. Lee said. Kai smiled with the thought that he might hear her beautiful voice again.

 

The professor quickly left after sending the good news.

 

"Yah, Kyungsoo-ah! Do you already have plans on Friday? I mean, it's Valentine's day. Have you invited this girl you're in love with?" Kai asked  Kyungsoo teasingly.

 

"Well, I haven't..." Kyungsoo frowned. Actually, he doesn't know how to ask a girl out. If he would do so, it would be his first time.

 

"Yah! You're so slow." Kai hissed.

 

"Wae? Have you asked yours?" Kyungsoo retorted, talking about Yoo Ara.

 

"Well, not yet." Kai yielded. But suddenly Yoo Ara walked by them and Kai immediately thought of an idea. "But watch me ask my angel." he said, smirking at Kyungsoo before he followed Yoo Ara.

 

"Yoo Ara!" he called out her name. She spun around and easily felt annoyed as she saw Kai greeted her with his cheeky smile.

 

"What do you need this time?" she snapped.

 

"I just need to ask you something..." he said as he slowly leaned closer, "... be my Valentine, please?"

 

Yoo Ara's eyes widened after hearing his question. "A-are you asking me out on a date?" she clarified. Kai nodded as a response.

 

"HELL NO!" She screamed. She turned her back on him but she stopped with what Kai did next. He ran to the center of the university ground and called everyone's attention.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm sorry for getting all of your attention but I just really need to tell you guys something. This girl over here... she's very special to me. And I want everyone to know that I lo –"

 

"Kai! Stop!" she tried to cut him off. Kai turned to her and grinned widely.

 

"I won't stop not until you say 'yes'..." he threatened. Let's see if you can still refuse. He thought.

 

"No! That won't happen!"

 

"Araseo..." he shrugged his shoulders and went back in talking to the crowd, "...so as I was saying, this girl -- I proudly want to shout that I lo-- "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kai!!! Fine! Fine! Yes! Alright, I'll be your Valentine!" and she finally gave up.

 

Kai smiled widely, filled with too much joy after hearing her answer. Even though she was forced to say it, he felt very satisfied with what he did.

 

"You heard that people? I think you already know what it means, right?" Kai said, smiling sneakily. He walked back towards to Yoo Ara and whispered to her. "Friday. Eight in the morning. I'll pick you up."

 

Yoo Ara hissed. "That guy! He's really getting into my nerves." But why does my heart beat this fast? Omo! Aniya, aniya! I'm just too irritated. That's it! Yoo Ara was busily arguing with her own mind while Kyungsoo couldn't help but laugh with Kai's entertaining way of inviting Yoo Ara on Valentine's day.

 

"And that's how you do it!" Kai bragged as soon as he went back to his friend.

 

"But dude, that was so desperate!" he commented.

 

"At least I got a 'yes' and she'll be with me. But how about you? You know what? You should move faster and ask her before someone else does." Kai convinced him, tapping his shoulder.

 

But how? How am I going to ask Yeo Hee? Kyungsoo heaved a sigh as he thought of it again.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol dropped by to a flower shop near the hotel together with his uncle, Dr. Park Yoochun. He called him up today to ask some help in preparing the surprise he got for Yeo Hee.

 

"Have you asked her for Valentine's day?" Dr. Park asked him when he heard about this surprise he was preparing for her.

 

"I haven't. But this surprise is going to be about that surprise." Chanyeol said.

 

The florist and owner of the shop came out and assisted them.

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Namjoo imnida. How may I help you sir?" she politely greeted them.

 

"I need twenty dozens of roses and one bag each for red and white rose petals." Chanyeol ordered as he smiled at the florist.

 

"Twenty dozens? Would that be too much?" Dr. Park asked as he heard his order.

 

"I actually think that it won't be enough... Miss, please make it thirty." He added.  "Ah one more thing, can you give me a bouquet of your best-selling flower here."

 

The florist smiled and quickly noted all of his order while Chanyeol continued to explain his surprise plan for Yeo Hee. His uncle went outside the flower shop for a while to pick up a phone from the hospital.

 

"Ah, this girl is going to be the luckiest girl in the world. You really have prepared a lot for her, sir." The florist commented.

 

"Jinjja? Well, I really hope she'd like everything." Chanyeol said.

 

 

 

After he witnessed Kai's way of inviting Yoo Ara for the Valentine's day, Kyungsoo felt a little pressured planning his. How am I supposed to do it? The question he asked himself for several times now.

 

Kyungsoo spent hours inside his room reading an article and watching videos on tips "How to invite a girl for Valentine's day?". But as hours passed by, Kyungsoo began to feel frustrated as he couldn't find any helpful tip from the web.

 

"Aish! How come I couldn't find any information here." He hissed. He quickly closed the browser and lazily lie down on the bed. He suddenly remembered what Kai did earlier. What if I just do that? He thought. But he immediately shook his head as he realized that it's not the best thing. He hastily got up the bed and stood in front of the mirror.

 

He stared at his own reflection and began to open his mouth.

 

"Y-Yeo Hee, will you be my Valentine? Aish, that sounds terrible." He told himself as he felt dissatisfied with the way he delivered the words. He tried it again one more time, but this time, he smirked at the mirror first. "Yah! Yeo Hee, be my Valentine!" He said in a cool and more confident, or arrogant, way. "No, that won't do it." and he gave up.

 

He breathed in and out once again before he tried for the third time. But even before he could utter word, someone from the door spoke up.

 

"Kyungsoo-ah, mwohani? (what are you doing?) It was Yeo Hee, standing by the door.

 

Kyungsoo wasn't able to reach immediately as he panicked inside. Omo! Did she hear anything? He thought.

 

"H-How long have you been there?” he stammered.

 

"Not too long ago. What are you doing in front of the mirror?" she asked again. Yeo Hee stepped inside his room and as she stepped forward, Kyungsoo couldn't stop his heart from beating fast. Here goes my heart again.

 

"A-Ah, checking myself out." He lied.

 

"Gojimal! (Liar!) Is there something bugging you? I'm your best friend and you can talk to me, you know." she said. She knows her friend too well and she could tell if something's bothering him.

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his nape when Yeo Hee didn't buy his excuse so he quickly thought of another excuse."It\s really nothing. It's just that I got chosen to sing this coming Valentine's day concert. I just want to see how I look like whenever I sing..." he lied again, but just some part of it.

 

"And since when you became conscious with how you look on stage?" she asked again.

 

"Well, I read an article that idols do that so maybe I should try it..."

 

Yeo Hee nodded her head in understanding. Even though that she knew that he was just making up another excuses, she just believed in him because she thought that perhaps, he could still handle whatever he was thinking.

 

"Araseo! Anyway, good luck in your singing. I know you'll do well!" She just said before leaving his room.

 

"Make sure to be there!" Kyungsoo added. He heaved a sigh of relief when she completely left.

 

"Good thing, I remembered that I'd be singing in the Valentine's day concert..." Kyungsoo uttered. But all of a sudden, an idea slowly hit his head. "Singing? That's right! If I can't say it directly...

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...I can just sing it."

 

Author's note:

 

ANNYEONGHASEYO! ^^~

OMO! I'm really sorry to keep you guys waiting. OTL But here's another chapter and I hope that you'd like it. I have to confess something...

 

Lately, Mrs. Sarang has been going through some emotional stress and that really affects me in writing this story. I couldn't seem to find the motivation to write the chapter up and that causes the delay. I think the "comeback delays" is also one of the reasons. Haha! Just kidding.

But seriously, I have to deal with this emotional mess I have before I could go on with this story. Don't worry, I know I can pull through from this. 

 

Do you miss Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun? I do, too. T_T But we need to wait patiently for them. And please do the same for me.

 

I actually thought of ending the story anytime soon but since I did some major changes on the latter part, I think that won't happen anymore. 

Pleae just bear with me and give me just few more days. I just really want to make sure that my heart and mind are both in a very good condition before I continue writing again. ^_^

 

Thanks to all my new subscribers! And for all of your comments. I'll make sure to response in each one of them. :D

 

If you have questions, suggestions or any thoughts about the story... please keep them coming. :)

Saranghae!

Wo Ai Ni!

I love you!

*credits to all the owners of these gifs and photos.