His Real Condition

The One You Love The Most

 

*Flashback*

 

10 years ago...

 

Chanyeol was only ten years old when he was diagnosed with heart disease. One night, his parents found him unconscious in his bedroom. They immediately rushed him to the hospital that night and when they discovered the doctor's findings, his parents were totally surprised.

 

"Chanyeol has a hole in his heart. This is the reason why he is having a hard time to breathe at times. This hole is not as big as the other cases we handled, but with his young age, it's really necessary to have it treated as soon as possible."

 

Chanyeol's mom began to cry upon hearing the doctor's words. They didn't waste any time and flew to US for further medical assistance.

 

 

 

5 years later...

 

Living in US for five years, Chanyeol grew healthier. With his daily maintenance of medicine, he sure became much better. But one day, he was rushed again to the hospital. And as he underwent another diagnosis, the doctors had new findings.

 

"We apologize to inform you but it seems like his medication wasn't helpful enough. It didn't stop the hole in his heart and grew bigger. He needs tro undergo another surgery as soon as possible." the doctor said.

 

At a very young age, Chanyeol had spent more time in a hospital bed than in their home or school. Hoping he would be in a much better condition, his family stayed with him. His uncle, Yoochun, didn't waste any time in researching for any treatments for him as well.

 

"He only has 4 months to live..." the last words his personal doctor said. Chanyeol just closed his eyes as he accepted his every single word. Having a very short time to live, Chanyeol didn't want to waste anything inside the hospital. He wanted to live freely so he decided to go back in Seoul alone.

 

Thinking that it would make him happy and no matter how heartbreaking it would be, his parents let him fulfill his dreams and make his last wish come true -- to live his life to the fullest and find true love.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was lying down on his bed, staring at the ceiling blankly. His uncle just left a couple of minutes ago. He suddenly remembered their conversation earlier.

 

 

 

*Flashback*

 

"Heart transplant?" Chanyeol blurted out.

 

"Yes. Based on the studies, there were successful cases of heart transplant. We just need a healthy heart donor and once we find someone that match to you -- everything would be fine." his uncle answered.

 

"Do you think it is that easy to find a heart donor sangchom?" Chanyeol responded, discouraged with the thought.

 

"There's no harm in trying."

 

"Why don't we just accept the fact? That I'm dying in next three months. I don't want to spend the rest of my life in a hospital bed sangchom. I want to relish everything. I want to love. I want to be happy..." Chanyeol wasn't able to stop his tears from falling.

 

His uncle walked closer to him and rested his hands on his shoulders. "That's why I'm doing my best – we're doing our best for you to live. You need to be strong. You need to fight. Think of us, your family...your parents...your friends." His uncle uttered each word as he deeply stared at him.

 

Chanyeol continued to sob as he remembered  his parent\'s face, his cousin and Yeo Hee.

 

*End of flashback*

 

 

 

"I should fight. I should not give up." Chanyeol softly muttered as he closed his eyes to sleep.

 

 

○○○○○○

 

After a day in the university, Yeo Hee just arrived in their apartment. She looked for Kyungsoo but she didn't see her. Thinking that he might be in the restroom, she just lolled at the couch and rested her exhausted body. She felt that she sat on something hard so she quickly stood up and checked what it was. It was a book. She took it and went back to sit.

 

This must be Kyungsoo's. She thought. She flipped through the pages and suddenly something fell on the floor. She picked it up and as she looked at it, she realized that it was an invitation card.

 

"An invitation card? For Yoo Ara's birthday?" she said, reading the card. "He's invited to Yoo Ara's birthday..."

 

Just right in time, Kyungsoo came out the bathroom and saw Yeo Hee holding the card.

 

"It's Yoo Ara's birthday on Saturday." Kyungsoo mentioned, walking towards to her.

 

"Ne. You're coming?" she murmured as she put the card back in the book.

 

"WE are coming because you will also be there." Kyungsoo replied. He took the book from Yeo Hee and smiled at her. "I'm going to invite Chanyeol too." he added.

 

"Is that okay with her?” she asked hesitantly.

 

"She was actually the one who told me to invite you."

 

"Jinjja?" she wondered.

 

Kyungsoo nodded and patted her head." So make sure to clear your schedule on Saturday, araseo?"

 

Yeo Hee just nodded and as Kyungsoo went to his room, she pursed her lips as something bothered her.

 

 

 

 

 

Why do I feel bothered about this invitation?  She thought.

 

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Author's note:

Hello everyone! Here I am again with another "short" chapter. This is just a little flashback of Chanyeol's condition. I really feel bad whenever I update with a very short one... but because of my limited time and sporadic mood lately, I couldn't find the ideas and feels I need for this story.

 

But thank goodness with the recent SBS Gayo Daejun -- I think the feels are back! Haha! Did you guys see SM7 Performance together with our EXO's Kai and Lay. And that MAMA performance where Chen-chen sang some Korean lines. Those were absolutely DAEBAK!

 

Anyway, New Year is coming... I will update right after the celebration so please wait for me araji? 

 

I didn't bother our three dorks today because they are all taking their rest because of the event last night. ^^~

 

Thanks for your continuous support and love. Hello to my new subbies! <3

 

Saranghae <3