The Surprise

The One You Love The Most

 

The day was almost over so Yeo Hee decided to go home. It was already 5 o’clock in the afternoon and the sun was already setting. As she entered the apartment, her phone suddenly rang so she quickly picked it up.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Hey Yeo Hee!”

 

“Hi Chanyeol!”

 

“Are you busy today?”

 

“Not really. I just got home from school. Wae?”

 

“I have a surprise for you. Let’s meet up in the same café, is that okay?”

 

“Araseo! See you then.” And they hung up. She smiled after hanging up the phone and Kyungsoo saw her as he walked from the kitchen.

 

“Going out with him again?” he asked.

 

“Yeah. He said he has a surprise for me.” Yeo Hee said as she exhaustedly sat on the couch.

 

Upon hearing the word "surprise", Kyungsoo already had an idea what it was about. He walked towards her and sat next to her.

 

“Are you excited?” he asked.

 

“Yeah. You know how I love surprises right? I think I should go to my room now and change. See you later.” She said, smiling at him. She hastily stood up and walked to her room.

 

She really looks so excited. Kyungsoo thought, drinking another glass of water.

 

○○○○○○○

 

Yeo Hee reached the café where she and Chanyeol would meet. He was already there and waiting for her and the moment she walked in, Chanyeol’s brightened up. She smiled at her as she sat in front of him and he just casually greeted her.

 

“What is this surprise you have for me?” she curiously asked.

 

“You’ll know once we get there. But first of all, you have to wear this.” He said, showing a blindfold to her. He stood up from his seat and went to her back. He slowly placed the hanky to her eyes and she gasped with his sudden action.

 

“What is this for?” she said nervously, holding his hand and not letting him put the blindfold to her.

 

“Just trust me, okay? It wouldn’t be a surprise if you see it.” He said, giving her an assuring smile. She finally complied and he carefully put the blindfold. When he was completely done, he led her outside the café and to his car.

 

After a fifteen-minute drive, they finally reached their destination. Chanyeol opened the car door for Yeo Hee. She was still blindfolded so after taking a few steps, Chanyeol went behind her and put his hands on your shoulder.

 

“Are you ready?” he asked, whispering softly on her ear.

 

Yeo Hee just nodded after swallowing hard. Chanyeol carefully untied the blindfold and when the light slowly hit her eyes, she was stunned with the first thing she saw.

 

(The Teddy Bear Museum)

 

“Did you like it?” Chanyeol said with a grin. Yeo Hee just nodded as if she got really speechless because of Chanyeol’s surprise. But there was another thing that made her ran out of words to say.

 

“If he brings me to one of my favorite places.. like The Teddy Bear Museum."

 

She remembered the Top 5 list she did together with Eun Mi. Does this mean that Chanyeol has one point now? She thought.

 

○○○○○○○

 

They started touring around the museum and Chanyeol could really see that Yeo Hee was really enjoying the bear statues and galleries they passed through. Watching her bright smile, he couldn’t help but steal some candid shots of her.

 

 

They continued to walk around the museum, but Chanyeol couldn’t stop smiling.

 

“Why?” she asked. She didn’t fail to notice the huge smile he wore on his face.

 

“Nothing. I’m just happy. I think my plan is successful.” He uttered.

 

“Plan?”

 

“Yes. My plan to surprise you.” He grinned even wider.

 

She just chuckled and continued to look around.

 

“Did you like it?” he asked again.

 

“I did. I liked it very much.” She said.

 

“You like teddy bears, don’t you?”

 

“Yes. How did you know?”

 

“Just a guess?” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“You’re a good guesser then.” Yeo Hee giggled, as she continued to walk. Chanyeol saw a bench and invited her to sit for a while since they had been walking for a couple of minutes now.

 

“I think it’s pretty common too. Most of the girls I know like teddy bears. I wonder why?” he said, leaning his back comfortably.

 

“It’s because teddy bears look so adorable. They’re so squishy and huggable.” She explained.

 

“Now I wish I was a teddy bear…”

 

“And why?”

 

“So you could hug me whenever you want.” He said. Yeo Hee just chuckled with his greasiness.

 

“Here we go again…” she just said as she continued to giggle.

 

After touring the entire museum filled with laughter, the two of them decided to go out and have something to eat. Chanyeol has already something in mind – since he planned everything perfectly. He made sure to add all the information he got from Kyungsoo.

 

○○○○○○○

Kyungsoo was on his way home from the market. He went out to buy their daily needs and food supply since he noticed that their fridge was almost empty.

 

As he walked along the street, a jewelry shop caught his attention.

 

 

As he wandered his round eyes through the charm display, he suddenly remembered something.

 

“Omo! It’s already Yeo Hee’s birthday tomorrow!” he exclaimed. He didn’t think twice and went inside the shop to buy a gift for her.

 

○○○○○○○

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol brought Yeo Hee to Paris Baguette where he would continue his surprise plan. As they took a seat, Chanyeol asked her again if she’s having fun.

 

“Of course, I am. You already made me happy before my exact birthday.” She said.

 

“Mwo? Your birthday is coming?” Chanyeol was surprised. How did he miss such important information?

 

“Ne. It’s actually tomorrow.” She said.

 

“Omo! I’m such a bad friend…” Chanyeol pouted.

 

“Of course you’re not! I told you, you already made me happy. I’ll take this as your gift for me.” She smiled reassuringly.

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol remembered the bouquet of flowers he left in the bakery shop he chose. He excused himself and Yeo Hee just waited. When he came back, he quickly handed the bouquet of white lilies to her.

 

Yeo Hee got surprised again when she recalled the list she made. Omo! White lilies? If I didn’t change my favorite flower on that list, he could have gotten another point. She thought. She smiled as she received the flowers from him.

 

“What is this for?” she asked.

 

“At first, I just wanted to give you these as a normal present. But now, I’m giving it to you as part of my birthday present.” He said.

 

“Thank you Chanyeol!” she said gratefully.

 

“Did you like them?”

 

“Yes. They’re so beautiful. White lily is actually one of my favorite flowers.”

 

Chanyeol called the waitress to get their order. But he turned to Yeo Hee first to ask her about what she wanted to eat.

 

“Can we have a cheesecake?” she asked timidly. Chanyeol smiled but before the waitress left, he whispered something to her for his additional request.

 

Yeo Hee just narrowed her eyes because she thought of something suspicious but Chanyeol just smiled at him.

 

○○○○○○○

 

When the waitress came back, Yeo Hee eyes widened with what she brought for them. It was a beautiful, delicious cheesecake with candles on top.

 

Chanyeol started clapping and awkwardly sang a “Happy Birthday” song with his deep voice. Yeo Hee couldn’t stop giggling with another surprise he did for her. After he sang, he greeted her again cheerfully and asked her to blow the candles and make a wish. Yeo Hee complied and after making a wish, Chanyeol clapped ecstatically again. Right after that, they both enjoyed the delicious cheesecake.

 

○○○○○○○

 

It was already getting late so Chanyeol decided to send Yeo Hee home.

 

“Thanks again for today Chanyeol!” she said.

 

“No, thank you. You really made me so happy.” He said in return.

 

After bidding goodbye, Yeo Hee went inside the apartment. To her surprise, she caught Kyungsoo, still awake and sitting on the couch, while surfing on the TV channels.

 

“Oh! You’re back!” he said, greeting her with his huge smile.

 

Did he wait for me? This thought made her happy for some reason. She quickly ran towards him and sat next to him. She nonchalantly put her head on his shoulder.

 

“Tired?”

 

“Yeah…” she said, eyes closed.

 

“But did you enjoy it?”

 

She lifted her head to face him, “Yes! He did a lot of surprises!”

 

“That’s good to hear. Well, you better go to your room now and get some rest.” He suggested.

 

“Araseo! Good night!” with that, she completely left and walked to her room. When she was completely inside, Kyungsoo’s smile faded as he noticed how happy she was.

 

“I think his plan was a success…” he uttered, staring blankly at the TV screen.

 

 

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

 

Author's note:

Annyeonghaseyo! How's everyone doing? Did you like this chapter? I'm pretty sure you have a lot of questions especially those signs Yeo Hee made in the previous chapter. But just wait and you'll see where it's leading to. 

 

Anyway, I want to call someone...

Chanyeol-ah~

Ne noona?

SAENG-IL CHUKHA!!! ♥♥♥

Kamsahamnida~!

I hope you liked this chapter... it's dedicated for you!

Yes! This is really good! ^^

I hope you're enjoying this special day! Saranghaeyo~

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Please keep your comments coming.

 

And oh, there's one more thing I want to say. It's not obvious... but I'm actually sick today. OTL

I think my body has finally reached its limit. But I don't want to disappoint you guys. However, I know you'll understand if I miss a day or two in updating the story right? I promise to get well soon as quick as I could. Thanks for all your support! ♥

Saranghae~

Noona, get well soon~

Bye Bye readers! ♥

*credits to all the owners of these photos and gifs.