The Chasers

The One You Love The Most

 

The next morning, Yeo Hee and Eun Mi were talking in the cafeteria. She told Eun Mi what happened recently with her life -- from Yoo Ara's birthday party to Chanyeol’s sudden confession. In a short period of time, a lot of things already happened to Yeo Hee.

 

"Are you sure they're together now?" Eun Mi asked when Yeo Hee mentioned Yoo Ara's confession to Kyungsoo on her birthday.

 

"Looks like it..." Yeo Hee uttered. She wasn't really sure and she hadn't seen Kyungsoo and Yoo Ara together after that -- but she just assumed that they're already together based on what she observed with Kyungsoo's behaviour.

 

"Good thing, Baekhyun was there... he was really a good friend." Yeo Hee added. Eun Mi just nodded.

 

"But there's one more thing -- Chanyeol just confessed to me last night." Yeo Hee said, "And he kissed me in the forehead..." she added, touching her forehead.

 

"Omo! A lot of confessions... so what did you say? Did you accept it?" Eun Mi excitedly asked.Yeo Hee pursed her lips as she shook her head.

 

"I'm not sure but... I don't know what I really feel for him right now. I mean, he's a very nice person. He makes me happy. He treats me very special. But we just met...and I feel like I still need to know more about him." Yeo Hee explained. For all the things that happened to her recently, she was completely baffled with all the emotions she felt.

 

Eun Mi could tell how troubled her friend was so she sat beside her and rubbed her back.

 

"Don't worry Yeo Hee. Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end." Eun Mi smiled at her and Yeo Hee felt better with her words. That's right. Everything will be fine. Yeo Hee thought.

 

After talking in the school cafeteria, the two girls decided to leave. The two of them proceeded to the library to work on their research papers. As they reached the library, the two of them started piling up books that they needed for their school project.

 

A couple of hours had passed and they had finally finished half of their task. But when Eun Mi checked her watched, she realized that she would already be late for her work.

 

“Omo! Yeo Hee, I need to go now. I forgot that I’m in a closing shift today.” She said, panicking. Yeo Hee quickly helped her to get her things and packed. Eun Mi noticed that she wasn’t moving from her seat.

 

“Hey, aren’t you going home yet? It’s already getting late.”

 

“No, not yet. I’ll just finish this first. You can go ahead now.” Yeo Hee smiled at her.

 

“Araseo. But don’t stay too late. By the way, is Kyungsoo going home with you tonight?”

 

“I don’t think so. He’s currently busy too. But don’t worry, I’ll get home safe and sound.” And she assured. Eun Mi stood up and took her bag before she waved at Yeo Hee and left.

 

○○○○○○

 

On the other side of the book shelf, Yoo Ara was listening to their conversation the entire time. When she heard that Eun Mi was leaving and Yeo Hee would be staying late in the library – she immediately thought of her plan. She walked out the library and made sure that Yeo Hee wouldn’t notice her.

 

Outside the library, Yoo Ara pulled out her phone and talked to someone.

 

“Yeo Hee will be going home by herself tonight. You know what to do. Make sure to scare the hell out of her. If you’re successful – I’ll make it double.” She uttered. After she hung up, she laughed devilishly as she continued to walk outside the building. Unaware, Kai has been following her since she walked out the library.

 

He overheard the conversation she had over the phone and he felt that she was planning something bad to Yeo Hee. The moment they were both outside the building, Kai hastily took Yoo Ara’s arm and led her to the corner. Yoo Ara got shocked with his sudden presence as he pinned her to the wall.

 

“Tell me, what are you planning to do with Yeo Hee?” he directly asked, staring deeply at her. Yoo Ara was frightened but as she gulped she made sure not to spoil her own plans.

 

“Why do you even care? Don’t tell me you’re also after Yeo Hee?” she asked in return. Kai remained quiet and leaned closer to her. Yoo Ara’s eyes widened when Kai’s face was just an inch away.

 

“What are you planning?” Kai uttered each word, thinking she would give in. But Yoo Ara didn’t budge and instead, pushed him away with her force.

 

“Get off of me! I’m not going to tell you or anyone else. That girl deserves it!” Yoo Ara screamed and hastily ran away. Kai tried to catch her but she had gone quickly.

 

“She has really gone nuts.” He said as he heaved an exhausted sigh after chasing her. He quickly took his phone and dialed Kyungsoo’s number.

 

○○○○○○

 

Eun Mi arrived in the bakeshop just right in time. When she saw her manager, she bowed at her as they greeted each other. She quickly changed from her casual outfit to her uniform. Just like any other regular day, Eun Mi greeted every customer with her smile and served them warmly.

 

Everything has been the same for her with this another day at work. But not until a familiar face caught her attention.

 

 

Baekhyun suddenly walked in the bakeshop and his presence made Eun Mi’s heart race. He bent over and nonchalantly looked at the cake display. He still hasn’t noticed Eun Mi, meanwhile, Eun Mi was completely stoned while looking at him.

 

He’s here. OMO! Eottokhe? She was panicking inside. All of a sudden, Baekhyun looked up to ask the staff for some assistance. But when he saw Eun Mi, he beamed as he remembered her.

 

“You’re Eun Mi right? Yeo Hee’s friend?” he asked, smiling at her.

 

Omo! His smile. His face. Why does he look so perfect? Eun Mi was obviously was not listening to him.

 

“Eun Mi?” Baekhyun called again as he waved his hand closer to her face. Eun Mi blinked her eyes as she went back to reality.

 

“Oh! Mianhae. Yes, I’m Eun Mi. Baekhyun-ssi, what are you doing here?” she stuttered.

 

“Ah, well, I just thought of buying a cake and I heard that this bakeshop is one of the best. You work here?” he asked again, looking back at the cakes.

 

“Y-Yes. This is my part-time job.” She explained. She was staring at him again, admiring Baekhyun’s every facial features.

 

“That’s cool! Well, it’s really admirable when a college student work to support their studies. Keep it up.” He said. Eun Mi’s heart jumped for joy when she heard those lovely words from him.

 

“So Baekhyun-ssi, what do you want to buy? Is there any special occasion? Maybe I could help.” She said as she offered her help.

 

“First, just call me Baekhyun.” He said and that made Eun Mi chuckled nervously. “Second, there’s no special occasion, but you can definitely help.”

 

“O-Okay.” Eun Mi slowly nodded her head even though she was totally clueless. Baekhyun walked closer to the counter and stared at her.

 

“Eun Mi…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Omo! Why is he staring at me like this? Is he going to tell me something?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…do you know what’s Yeo Hee’s favorite cake?” he asked. In a spur of moment, Eun Mi’s expectation dropped. She swallowed hard before she answered.

 

“C-Cheesecake. Yeo Hee loves cheesecake. Actually, she often orders blueberry cheesecake here.”

 

“Jinjja!? Wow! Then, please give me a box of blueberry cheesecake.” He quickly ordered. She didn’t let him wait too long as she started taking the cake from the refrigerated cake display and put it inside the box.

 

“Here’s your order.” Eun Mi handed the box to Baekhyun.

 

“Thank you Eun Mi!” he thanked her as he took the box.

 

“Are you meeting up with Yeo Hee tonight?”

 

“Not really. But I’m planning to surprise her.” He said.

 

“I see. Well, she might be already home at this time.”

 

“I should get going then.” Baekhyun said. As he paid for what he ordered, Baekhyun thanked Eun Mi for her help. But before he completely walked out the bakeshop, he looked back at Eun Mi and said something.

 

“By the way, your eyes are beautiful. I just noticed.” And he completely left.

 

With that, Eun Mi couldn’t control her cheeks from burning. “D-Did he just say my eyes are beautiful?” she muttered, touching her blushing cheeks.

 

○○○○○○

 

Yeo Hee was still in the library and as she finally finished the last book, she stretched her arms and yawned. She checked her watched and noticed that it was already past ten in the evening. She finally decided to pack her things and go home.

 

As she reached the bus terminal, Yeo Hee patiently waited for a ride. While she was waiting, she thought of Kyungsoo and how they both used to wait together in the same terminal.

 

“Since he became busy with Ara, we barely go home together now.” She told herself and heaved a lonely sigh. A bus finally came and she quickly got in.

 

After a thirty-minute journey, Yeo Hee reached her destination. She got off the bus and began walking her way to the apartment. It should only take her few minutes to reach their apartment, but the street she needs to walk to could make it longer. Since it was almost eleven in the evening, the street was commonly dark. There were only few lights around and the neighbors were already fast asleep.

Yeo Hee was not really used to of walking alone the street. But she tried to distract herself from thinking of any scary things by humming some songs.

 

She was only few walks away from the apartment when she felt a couple of footsteps behind her. She stopped and slowly looked back to see if someone was chasing her but she didn’t see anyone. She continued to walk, faster this time. But the strange footsteps could still be heard. To her surprise, two strong arms grabbed her. She saw the two strangers who were wearing a black mask on their faces. She screamed loudly and as she pushed the man with all of her strength, she ran quickly to escape. Fear was already reigning in her system as she ran endlessly to nowhere.

 

Unfortunately, she reached a dead end. As she turned her back, the two strangers were already there – walking closely towards to her. Tears ran down to her cheeks as she felt so helpless in this situation.

 

“Don’t come near me! I said don’t come near me!” she attempted to be brave. But the two men didn’t listen and continued to her position. She couldn’t step back anymore for she was already leaning in the wall.

 

“Don’t worry pretty girl, we’ll just have some fun tonight.” The other man said. Yeo Hee felt more terrified as she heard his evil laugh. As they grabbed her two hands, Yeo Hee still tried her best to escape.

 

“Don’t touch me! Anyone please help me! Please help me!” she cried for help. In the situation where she thought that no one would be able to hear him, a familiar voice suddenly spoke.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let go of her or else – you’re dead!” the familiar guy threatened.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Author's note:

 

OMO! Mianhae lovelies! I know it has been ages since the last time I updated. It's just that I got too busy preparing for Dream KPOP Fantasy Concert and....EXO is coming here! ASDFGHJKL!

I can't wait to see our babies and perform live on Saturday! *hyperventilates*

 

Anyway, something bad actually happened. I've written the next three chapters in advanced but unfortunately, I lost them. :( But don't worry, I will start re-writing them and post it once I get the chance to.  

 

For today, we have another poll or more of like a "guess-who?" poll:

 

That's all for today! Thanks everyone for subscribing and reading my story! Please keep your comments coming!

Saranghae~!

Annyeong!

*credits to all the owners of these photos.