bunny {YTBY}

EXO’s children short story collection

Based on polls...

Bunny
ft. Yitao & Baekyeol

inspired by: CCSM (manga ;3 )

fluffy, slightly sad

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

14 year old Baekyeol sat on his bed looking at the stuff panda that was in his hands. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

'Terrible timing Yitao…terrible.'

Baekyeol fell back on his bed, looking up in his ceiling. Today during school, Yitao wanted to tell him something important. Baekyeol agreed that he would meet him after school, but during the day he couldn't help but wonder what was so important that Yitao had to tell him after school hours. He also noticed that Yitao didn't look like his cheerful and jokester self today. Even Yitao's best friend Jongsoo wasn't his usual self.

Baekyeol looked back at the panda and sighed. When school was over, Yitao took him to the school's soccer field and they sat on the bleachers. It took awhile for Yitao to actually tell him making Baekyeol even more worried than ever. The panda looking one told him that he was moving away, to China. Due to his mother's work as well as his father's, it required them to move. Of course, Baekyeol was shocked at the news, unable react. One of his best friends would be moving away.

Baekyeol remembered how Yitao looked through his backpack and gave him a stuffed panda, with the center a heart and 4 letters stitched: YTBY.  Yitao told him that he made it, with the help of his father. He wanted to give it to him, hopefully so that he would not forget about him.

"I won't forget about you." Baekyeol said with a crack on in his voice. He tried his best not to cry. "That would be crazy for me to forget."

Yitao chuckled. "Good. And…one more thing." He scooted a little closer to the younger. "Want to know why I put that there." He pointed at the center of the panda. Baekyeol nodded his head. "It is because I like you. A lot…y-you are my number 1 Baekyeol. Forever and always."

A deep blush formed on his face. "W-what? W-wha…what did you say?"

Yitao slowly smiled. "You are my number 1…forever and always. Even if you don't have feelings for me…you will always be my number 1."

"I…I…" Baekyeol was stunned. His best friend confessed to him, at the most terrible time.

"I have to go Baekyeol." Yitao stood up from his seat; he leaned over and gave a pack on Baekyeol's forehead. "I'll be leaving tomorrow morning. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner." With that, he walked away, leaving Baekyeol to sit alone on the bleachers.

Baekyeol shook his head and a tear fell from his face. 'Yitao…why.' He sniffed a bit and looked back at the panda that he made for him. He looked at the clock and it was currently 17:40pm. He wanted to give something to Yitao before he leaves tomorrow, something special and personal. He quickly got up from his bed and went straight to his desk. He looked through the drawers and found his little tin box full of extra cash. Once he got enough, he ran out of his room and down the stairs; as he was putting on his shoes, his mother, Baekhyun looked from the kitchen.

"Baekyeol?"

The boy looked up at his mother. "Yes?"

"Where are you going? Its close to 18:00." Baekhyun said placing his hands on his hips.

"I just need to go to the local book store. The one down close to Joonxing's house." The book store was fairly close and it wound't be a problem, but it was getting late, making Baekhyun worried.

"It is important?"

Baekhyun quickly nodded his head. "Yes…really important. I'll take my bike. Please! It will be very quick!"

Baekhyun hesitated, but nodded. "Okay fine…but hurry back."

"Thank you mama!" Baekyeol ran out and hopped on his bike that was near the steps of his front door. Baekhyun watched at his son rode off to the book store.

'What is going on?' Baekhyun shook his head and closed the door.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Once Baekyeol reached the local book store, he quickly ran inside and greeted Seungho, the owner of the book store.

"Seungho hyung…is there a book about sewing? Or…how to make stuff toys?"

"Erm, yeah I think." Seungho got up from his seat and helped Baekyeol search the book that he was looking for. "We have this. And this one too." He pulled out some books. "Something for school?"

"Hm," Baekyeol looked through the books. "It's for someone."

"Ah, I see." He smiled at the young boy. "That person must be special then. Hand crafted items are great to give as presents."

"Really?"

Seungho nodded. "Of course. They are more meaningful and always special."

"I see." The young boy looked through one of the books and saw how many stuff toys he could make. Plus they looked fairly easy and the felts were already there for him to use. "How much is this one?"

"That is 6,442.72 won."

"Here." Baekyeol took out his money and handed it to Seungho. "Just keep the change."

"W-what? You sure --" But Seungho wasn't able to finish his sentence, Baekyeol already ran out. "That boy."

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol pedaled as fast as he could back home. Once he reached home, he barged through the front door and went straight up to his room.

"Baekyeol?" Baekhyun called from the bottom of the steps.

"Yeah?!"

"Dinner is ready."

"I'm not hungry!"

"Huh?" Baekhyun said quietly to himself. "Not hungry?" He said to Baekyeol. "But you need to eat Baek --"

"Later mama! I need to do something!"

Baekhyun heard a door slam. Chanyeol came from the kitchen and saw Baekhyun standing, looking up at the stairs. "Whats wrong?"

"Baekyeol said that he isn't hungry."

"Really?"

Baekhyun nodded, but was worried. "He has been acting strange since he came home."

"Hm…maybe it was about Yitao…and the moving."

"Oh," Baekhyun said sadly. "Poor baby."

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol started to work on the stuff toy that he wanted to give Yitao. He started to cut some of the felts that he didn't want to use into initials of his and Yitao's. With a soft colored felt, he cut out a heart, just like what Yitao did for the panda.

"Okay, lets do this."

The boy worked hard on the stuff animal; he chose a bunny since they were his favorite. He pricked his finger multiple times, but didn't stop. He wanted to get it done and give it to Yitao before he leaves.

"Ow!" Baekyeol furiously scratched his head in annoyance. "Freakin' needle!" The boy continued to sew when he heard a knock. "Come in."

It was Chanyeol with a tray of food and a cup of warm milk honey. "I thought that you are hungry. Since you didn't come down at all."

"That was just a few minutes ago!"

Chanyeol chuckled. "It is already 00:36 baekyeol."

"What?!" Baekyeol looked at his clock and it was indeed midnight. Time flies when you are working hard.

"What are you doing Baekyeol?"

The boy slowly looked up at his father. "I'm making something."

"Well, can't it wait?" He motioned over the tray of food. "I would like you to eat first."

"No! I have to finish this and I'm not even close into being done!" He glanced at the instructions. "These instructions lie!! It doesn't take an hour to an hour and a half!!" Baekyeol puffed his cheeks and whined a bit, making Chanyeol chuckle.

"Want me to help you?"

"No thank you. I have to do it…or else it won't be special enough."

Chanyeol raised his eye brow. "Why do you say that? Who is this for Baekyeol?"

The boy was silent for a bit; he tinge of pink formed on his cheeks. "For Yitao." He said quietly.

"Who?"

"Y-Yitao dad…its for Yitao." He lowered his head more, so this father wouldn't be able to see his eyes. "Dad…he told me something today."

"And what was that?"

"He told me he liked me."

"H-he what?" Chanyeol's eyes widen. "He said that? Aren't you guys a little bit young to be telling each other that?"

"Dad!" Baekyeol whined. "Everyone my age is telling each other that! That we love each other and everyone is getting into relationships!"

"L-love?! Relationship?! You guys are still babies!!"

"I mean…he…um," Baekyeol placed down the not so completed stuff animal. "Dad…that is what Yitao told me. That," His cheeks formed a deep red color. "I was…his n-number 1."

Chanyeol felt a little awkward now. How was a father supposed to react to something like this; his son getting a confession by another boy? Well, Chanyeol was open minded after all, he didn't really care if his son fell in love with a male or a female. As long as they treat each other with respect, he was a-okay with it.

"Dad…did you hear me?"

"I-I'm sorry what?"

"I said that Yitao made this for me." He showed him the stuffed panda.

"Oh, thats very cute."

"Yeah…"

It was quiet among them for a bit, until Baekhyun came in. "How is everything? Okay? Did you eat Baekyeol?"

The boy shook his head. "N-not yet…but I will." Baekhyun sighed.

"You need to eat dinner. Why aren't you eating? Is there something wrong? Are you on a diet? Baek --"

"Baekhyun…lets leave our son alone for a bit." Chanyeol said as he got up and made his way to his lover.

"Huh? Why?"

"Lets just go."

"W-wait --" But Chanyeol gently pushed Baekhyun out. When he was closing the door, he winked at his son. Baekyeol chuckled at his parents. Sometimes he thinks what makes them so compatible. Why would his mother choose him, he would never know. His father was a jokester himself, always cheerful, and sometimes clumsy, making Baekhyun slightly scold him. He started to smile a bit, Yitao was the same too.

He looked at the clock and time was ticking. Yitao would be leaving at 6am and time was not going to slow down for him.

'Come on Baekyeol. Fighting!'

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao slowly ate his apple slices; he was tired and sad at the same time. He didn't want to leave, but he had no other choice.

"Yitao you have your carry on?"

The boy nodded. "Yeah…"

His father sighed a bit and patted his head. "I know you are sad Yitao…but we have to go."

"I know."

"Did you tell your friends about your leaving?"

"Yeah…they said that they will be coming over to say goodbye."

Soon, the door bell rang.

"That must be them." Yitao's father said as he stood up to answer the door.

"Hello!" Sehan, Jongsoo, Joonxing, and Xiuchen said in unison. They were accompanied with parents, who waved at Kris.

"Hey everyone. Please, come in." Kris moved aside to let his friends and their children come in. "Sorry…I don't really much to offer. All we have are fruits."

"Thats fine." Kyungsoo said with a smile. "We just wanted to see you guys before you all leave."

While the parents chatted for a bit, teens talked among each other.

"Where is Baekyeol?" Yitao asked them.

"I dunno." Jongsoo placed this elbows on the table. "He didn't phone our homes this morning." He yawned a bit.

"Oh." Yitao looked down at his apple slices. "I see…"

"Sorry Yitao." Xiuchen patted the older, making him smile.

"It's okay Xiuchen." The older tried to smile. The way that he told him yesterday wasn't good on his part. He thought that Baekyeol didn't want to meet him anyway.

"At least he knows right?" Joonxing asked.

"Y-yeah…he does."

"He will come." Sehan tried to assure him. "Baekyeol always makes time."

Yitao slowly nodded. He just hoped that he will come before he leaves.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao tried his best not to shed any tears. It was already time and Baekyeol hasn't  come yet.

"Safe trip okay guys." Luhan said to his two good friends.

"We will." Tao said while he wiped his eyes. "We will call when we get there."

"You guys better." Kai said as he turned around, facing away from them, not wanting them to see him in a crying mess. "Hate you guys…for leaving."

Kris slightly chuckled. "Come here." He opened his arms to give him a hug.

"No."

"Kai."

"No."

"Fine then. No hug for you. What about you Kyung --"

Kai quickly turned around and lunged himself at Kris, giving him a hug. Everyone chuckled while Kris patted his back. "There, there, you big cry baby."

Kai pulled away and turned around, facing away from them once again. "Don't forget to call."

"We won't. Promise." Kris smiled at them. He turned around and saw Yitao sulking over near their car. He wished that Chanyeol and his family were able to come. Not that he was mad at them,he figured that they were busy this morning.

"Yitao," The boy looked at his father. "Time to go."

Yitao looked down and slowly nodded. "Okay."

Kris entered the driver's seat while Tao took the passengers seat. Yitao looked back his friends and their parents; he hoped to see Baekyeol running towards him, but it never happened. He sighed and entered the back door.

As they started to back up, they waved goodbye to their friends. Yitao sighed and laid his head back.

'Baekyeol…where are you.'

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

As they were driving through the main roads, they stopped at a stop light. Yitao turned to the right face his window only to be shocked to see the car really close beside them.

"Baekyeol?"

"Huh?" Kris looked at the rear view mirror, staring at his son. "Baekyeol? Where?"

"He is right next to us!"

Both Kris and Tao looked to their right to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun waving at them like a child. Baekyeol made a 'roll down the window' motion toward Yitao.

'Hm?'

Yitao quickly rolled down the window and leaned close. Baekyeol did the same and unbuckled his seat belt; he leaned over, stretching his arm out towards Yitao, holding onto a stuffed bunny. Yitao leaned out and grabbed a hold of the bunny that Baekyeol wanted him to grab.

"What is this for?" Yitao yelled out.

Baekyeol smiled and held up his panda for him to see. He raised his index finger at him. "You're my number 1 Yitao." Small tears fell from his eyes. "My number 1."

Yitao was speechless; he looked down at the bunny that Baekyeol gave him. Just like the panda one, it had a heart on the center with the letters YTBY. He looked up and realized that the car was moving away.

"Wait!" Yitao yelled at his dad, but he kept on driving.

"We have to move or the people behind us will get angry Yitao."

"B-but, Baekyeol…" He looked back to see their car turning on the street. He looked down once more at the bunny.

"That was surprising!" Tao said. "But that was nice to see them before we left. What did he give you Yitao?" Tao asked as he turned around to face his son.

"A…stuffed bunny." He smiled at the plush toy. "With YTBY on it."

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

5 years later…

"Move Xiuchen!" Baekyeol hip bumped Xiuchen out of the way as he was carrying a tray full of desserts.

"Hyung that hurt!!" Xiuchen pouted at him, while Joonxing chuckled at the two.

The 3 of them were currently working at a little dessert store and today was busy as ever. Many people just wanted their desserts.

"Here you go." Baekyeol smiled at the couple in front of him.

"Thank you!" They both said in unison.

Baekyeol walked away with a deep sigh. 'I want this day to be over.'

As the hours went by, less people started to come. By now, it was closing time; Joonxing was cleaning the tables, while Xiuchen was sweeping and Baekyeol went out to take out the trash. The door opened, making a ringing sound; Joonxing and Xiuchen looked up to tell the customer that they were closed for the day, but only to be shocked.

"Yitao?" Joonxing's eyes widen. "Wha…how?"

"Hyung?!" Xiuchen's mouth dropped.

Yitao smiled. "How are you guys?"

"Holy cow!! He is freakin' hot!" Xiuchen yelled only realizing what he just said. He quickly covered his mouth, making Yitao chuckle. Joonxing pouted at the younger, but looked back at Yitao.

"When did you get back?"

"Today." Yitao nodded. "Today."

"Do Jongsoo and Sehan know?"

"Yeah. I hanged out with them earlier today. They told me that you three work here. So I decided to surprise you guys…but you guys were busy."

"Yeah," Joonxing dusted off his apron. "People just love sweets."

"Hm," Yitao looked around. "Where is --"

"Joonxing, can we take the extra pastries?" Baekyeol asked as he looked at the sweet desserts. "Because I want this one." He looked up only to be surprised himself. "Yi-Yitao?"

Yitao's smile brighten. "There he is."

Baekyeol stood there staring back at the once small little boy from those years ago. Now he is all grown up, tall and handsome, just like his parents.

"You…how…when --"

"He came back today." Joonxing said. "And…he's been here forever, waiting to see you." He smiled back at the two. "Xiuchen and I will be going now." He undid his apron as well as Xiuchen's. "Close up will you Baekyeol? Yeah? Okay, thanks!"

"But Hyung, I wanted to --" Xiuchen was pulled towards the door by Joonxing. It was now just Yitao and Baekyeol.

Yitao smiled at Baekyeol, who only looked down, blushing.

"I missed you." The older sighed. "A lot. Even though we talked on the phone…chatting online, it still wasn't enough."

Baekyeol looked up at the older, heart beating fast.

"You are still my number 1. It didn't change." Yitao opened his messenger bag and revealed the stuff bunny that Baekyeol gave to him. "I kept it. It is cute, just like you."

"Don't say things like that." Baekyeol turned away, not wanting Yitao to see his flushed face.

"But it is true." Yitao chuckled, placing the bunny in his messenger bag. "Very cute…like a bunny." He approached Baekyeol, turning him around to give him a hug. "Still my number 1. Am I still your number 1 Baekyeol?"

Baekyeol slowly smiled and wrapped his arm around him; he nodded against his chest.

"You are still...my number 1"

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Le end~Hope that you enjoyed ^7^

mistakes = im sorry :C

comment if you want~

Poll time!!

 

 

and another...