remember me {YTBY}

EXO’s children short story collection

Remember Me (formally known as 'Bond')
ft. Yitao & Baekyeol
supporting: multo-kpop star

boyxboy
fluffy, some comedy

inspired by: Capri, Campania [ base of the town], necklaces

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Ready or not, here I come!” The young prince opened his eyes and looked back and forth. He chuckled and started to run around his large garden.

‘Now where are you.’ The young prince looked high and low for his servant, or more specifically, his best friend. The prince immediately turned around when he heard a rustle in the bushes.

‘Ha! Found you!!’ The prince jumped in the bushes. He rolled out with his best friend in his arms; they rolled down the mini hill that was behind the bush. Once they stopped, the young prince rolled once more so that he was on top of his best friend.

“That was too easy!!” He started to tickle his best friend on his sides. The young servant laughed his heart out; he pleaded for the young prince to stop.

Eventually, the young prince did; he rolled off his best friend and sat up straight. The young servant did the same and brushed off some dirt from his uniform.

“I guess it was kind of easy.” He smiled at the young prince. “Next time, I’ll make sure that my hiding space is difficult prince Yitao.”

The prince, Yitao, pouted and started to cross his arms. The young servant tilted his head.

“Something wrong prince Yitao?”

Yitao turned around, his back facing toward his best friend, and started to mumble.

“Huh?”

Yitao looked over his shoulder. “How many times did I tell you that you can drop the royal title.” He turned around. “Yitao is just fine. Actually, it isn’t fine, it’s great!! So no more of the prince Yitao or prince, or sir, or whatever. Yitao is great. Okay Baekyeol? We are best friends after all!!” He went back into pouting.

The young servant and friend, Baekyeol, chuckled and patted Yitao on the head. “Okay, I promise, no more royal titles.”

Yitao smiled and nodded. He placed his hands on the hour glass necklace that he had and took it off. The hour glass was made of thin emerald stone and middle part of the necklace was of a dragon colored in ruby. The necklace had its golden strings attach on the top and bottom of the hourglass. Yitao placed it on the ground and searched behind him for a rock.

“Ah! There is one.” Yitao reached over and grabbed the rock. Baekyeol tilted his head in confusion.

“What are you doing pri--I mean Yitao?”

“Just wait.” Yitao eyed the hour glass necklace and slammed the rock on the middle of the hour glass causing it to break in half.

“Wah!! Why did you do that?!” Baekyeol leaned over and grabbed the top half of the hour glass by its string. “Now it’s broken!! What would the King and Queen say about this!!” Baekyeol was in panic, while Yitao chuckled at his best friend. “Why are you laughing?! This is serious Yitao! King Kris and Queen Tao will be furious with you!!” He started to wave the necklace in front of the prince in front of him. “Yitao stop chuckling!!”

Yitao scooted closer and wrapped his arm around his best friend’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about it. That’s for you anyway.”

“Hm? Why --” Baekyeol was cut off when Yitao placed the necklace over his best friend and tied it for him.

“I want you to have it.” Yitao placed the bottom half of the hour glass around his neck and tied it. “See? Now we are connected!”

Baekyeol sighed, but chuckled. “How can we be connected? You just cut into half.” He looked down to see the other half and rubbed his thumb over the stone. “With a rock to be exact.”

“Well…you…er…you know what I mean!” Yitao leaned over and rubbed his cheek against his friend’s. “I just want you to have the other half. It is like…if you are sad or something, you can always look at it and it would make you happy and stuff.”

“Uh…I don’t get it.” Baekyeol pouted. Yitao leaned away and thought for a minute.

“Ah…makes our bond stronger?” Yitao said with a smile on his face.

“Our bond…stronger? But --” Baekyeol was cut off once Yitao hugged his best friend by his neck. “Hm?”

“Just keep it okay. Promise to keep it safe.”

Baekyeol patted his friend on the back. “Sure…I will.” He smiled then blushed once he felt Yitao giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“Great!” Yitao stood up and picked up his best friend by the hand.

Baekyeol was bright red; he cupped his cheek where Yitao placed the kiss and looked up at him.

“W-what was that fo --” Baekyeol was being pulled by Yitao, back to the royal palace. However, once they were close, one of the royal guards quickly came up to them. They both grabbed the two young boys, making them release their grips of each other. One of the royal guards announced that there was a war that broke out and they were under attack; one of the guards took Yitao one way, while the other guards took Baekyeol the opposite way.

“Hey!! Bring him back!! What are you doing?!” Yitao yelled at the royal guards.

“I’m sorry prince Yitao, but you need to be safe, you and your parents. We are taking you to the secret base.”

“But!!” Yitao looked over his shoulder, seeing Baekyeol being taken away. “I need Baekyeol!!”

Yitao gasped and quickly opened his eyes. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, brushing some of the sweat away with it.

‘Just a dream.’

Yitao looked down at his necklace, the bottom half of the hour glass. He looked up at his door once he heard a knock.

“Come in.” He said as he leaned back in his seat. The door opened and his assistant, Minhyuk, came through the door with papers at hand.

“Good morning prince Yitao.” He walked over and placed the papers at his desk. Yitao sighed.

‘More paper work.’

After the war that broke out 10 years ago, Yitao and his family were able to be the victor, however, it came with a price. Thousands of people suffered and died from the battle, even Yitao’s parents were also one of those that passed away. Now, 19 year old Yitao was the leader of both neighboring countries. Being the leader came with big responsibilities, not that he minded, he had to make sure that not another war will break out.

“These here and this one.” Minhyuk pointed at the papers at his desk. “It‘s the island town, Kray-on and you need to visit and stay for two days.” He looked over the papers. “Oh, wait, I’m sorry, two weeks.” Minhyuk glanced up at his superior. “All you have to do is monitor the area and check its progress. Stuff like that.”

Yitao nodded; he stretched and yawned. “Fine. When do we leave?”

“Tomorrow morning. So I advise you to pack.” Minhyuk bowed and left.

‘Right.’ Yitao cracked his neck and stood up. He started to pack his essentials in his bags.

‘Clothes. Check. Check. Do I need this…yeah I’ll just bring it just in case.’ He sighed; he sat down on his bed and laid back. Yitao touched his half hour glass necklace.

‘I wonder.’

Yitao started to reminisce about his past and a image of his servant and best friend, Baekyeol, pop in his mind, smiling at him and what not. He started to smile.

‘I wonder where he is now. Are you safe?’ He rubbed the necklace with his thumb. ’Huh, I wonder what you would look like now.’ He chuckled. ’I bet you look cute.’ He smiled, but soon it faded. ’Though…’ Yitao sat up straight and sighed. ’What if he died from the war?’ He shook his head to get ride of the negative thoughts. ’I seriously need to start packing more things.’ With that he stood up and started to continue packing.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The ferry arrived at the island town of Kray-on and many people were standing and cheering at their prince. Yitao smiled and waved at the people.

“Welcome prince Yitao!” The mayor of Kray-on, Wonbin, greeted Yitao and giving him flowers.

“Thank you.” Yitao grabbed the flowers. “Thank you everyone.”

“Please, prince, this way to inn that you will be staying at.”

Yitao nodded and followed Wonbin. The people greeted the prince and showered him with other gifts: fish from their waters, statues of the guardian of Kray-on, handmade necklaces, flower lays and more. Yitao smiled and thanked the people for their kind gifts. Once they arrived at the inn, Yitao and his company unpacked their stuff.

“Come in.” Yitao said once he heard a knock from his door.

“Prince, the mayor is waiting outside.” Minhyuk said as he opened the door. “He will show you around the town if you are up to it.”

Yitao nodded. “Sure, why not.” He stood up and headed out the door. “I’ll see you later Minhyuk.”

“You don’t need any company prince?”

“Nope. I’ll be fine. Just relax and tell the others that.” He smiled. “You guys deserve it anyway.” With that he exited.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“We’ve been doing well prince.” Wonbin said as he and Yitao were walking around the area of town. The weather increased and it was now warm. Yitao had to fan himself to keep cool, but thankfully, a small breeze blew from time to time,

“That’s good. Fish has been coming in?”

“Yes sir. Lots of fish actually. Food isn’t really a problem.”

“And no sickness right?”

“None. Everyone is healthy.”

Yitao smiled at the mayor. “That’s good to hear.” He glanced to his right to see the port. He saw a young brown haired male running down the steps to the port.

‘Huh?’ Yitao tilted his head. ‘Hm.’

“Prince?”

“Huh?” Yitao turned his head to face Wonbin. “I apologize. What was that?”

“I said that we will be holding a two day festival tomorrow for you.” He smiled. “It’s an honor for you to grace us with your presence.”

“Oh!” Yitao blushed some. “Thank you. That is nice of you guys.”

Wonbin nodded.

“Um,” Yitao started to say. “Is there anything else that you need to show or tell me?”

Wonbin thought for a minute and shook his head. “Nope. Not really.”

“Oh okay. If that is it, then I’ll be roaming around the area.” Yitao glanced over to the port where the brown haired male was. “If that’s okay I mean.”

“Oh sure prince. Please enjoy yourself.” Wonbin bowed and waved goodbye to the prince. Yitao nodded and quickly turned to the port. He rushed himself to the where the brown haired male was. As he got closer, he saw the male bent down to grab the fish from the fisher.

“Ah,” Yitao started to say. “Do you need any help?”

Both figures in front of him turned their heads and looked up at Yitao.

“Oh! You’re the prince!” The elderly fisherman pointed out. “I apologize for not being there to welcome you along with the crowd.” He lifted the ice case full of fish. “I needed to work.”

“Oh please, don’t be sorry.” Yitao smiled. “Do you need help?” He asked as he pointed at the other cases behind the fisherman.

“Oh, are you sure? I mean --”

“It’s fine.” Yitao extended his arms. “I’ll help.”

“T-thank you prince.” The fisherman gave Yitao an ice case. The fisherman glanced the brown haired male and asked him to lead Yitao to the fish market.

“Okay.” The brown hair male said as he stood up, making a necklace fall from the inside of his shirt. Yitao glanced at the necklace, but the male was moving so much that he couldn’t quite figure out the design of the necklace.

“Follow me please.” The male said. Yitao blushed at the face of the male. His eyes were stunning and his features were pretty.

“I..erm, yeah. Please lead the way.” Yitao looked down and followed the male, who giggled at him. The male led the way, making sure not to bump into anyone. The town chattered and some glanced at the prince, saying how sweet he was helping out.

“So,” Yitao said as he caught up with the shorter male. “What’s your --” Yitao glanced at the necklace, which was exactly the same stone color and same design as his other half, which was hidden under his button up shirt. ‘Is that --’

His thoughts were interrupted once the male spoke. “What’s my what?” He asked as he turned to face the prince.

“Um, yo-your name. I didn’t a-ask.”

“Oh, my name is Chanhyun.”

‘Chanhyun? B-but that necklace.’

“Chanhyun huh?” Yitao said softly

Chanhyun nodded. “Yup.” He smiled. “That’s my name!”

Yitao nodded. He was so sure that Chanhyun’s necklace was the other half of his, but back then, he gave it to his best friend, Baekyeol.

‘If it is…why does he have it.’

Once they reached at the fish market, Chanhyun instructed where Yitao should place the ice case. Soon, a lady approached, tying her apron on.

“Oh, Chanhyun, thank you for…Ah! P-prince Yitao.” She bowed. “Welcome!”

Yitao nodded. “Hello. Just helping Chanhyun with these.”

“Oh, thank you. That is kind of you.” She helped Chanhyun with the case. “Chanhyun, why don’t you show the prince around the town? Maybe take him to the flower garden mountain.” She looked at the prince. “It is nice around this time. All the flowers look spectacular. I think you will enjoy it.”

“Oh sure. If you don’t mind Chanhyun.” Yitao glanced at the shorter male, who nodded and smiled.

“I’ll be honored. Lemme just change first.” Chanhyun grabbed the hem of his blue shirt. Yitao nodded and followed Chanhyun to the apartment. He waited outside for Chanhyun; he started to ponder about the necklace that he had.

‘Seriously, why does it have it. Only Baekyeol had it…did he take it? Did Baekyeol sell it for money? Did --’

“I’m ready!” Yitao turned to face Chanhyun only to prevent himself from drooling. “Sorry to keep you waiting.” Chanhyun changed into his white hooded wrap front sleeveless top with a white wife beater under. Along with a light blue RORO cargo sweat shorts. He bent down and adjusted his belt of his slightly dirty, dark brown ankle boots. He stood up and straighten himself; he smoothed out his top. “Ready?”

“Y-yeah.” Yitao turned to face away Chanhyun. He was struck by cupid. He just met the guy and was already feeling his heart beat fast. ‘Jeez…this is bad. Bad for sure.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Once they reached the gate to the mountain of flowers, Chanhyun turned into a tour guide and started to explain Yitao about the history of the garden. Yitao found it adorable and nodded along with what the shorter male said. They entered and started to walk around the garden. Somehow, Yitao started to reminisce about the whole setting. It was just like before, but with Baekyeol. He sighed.

Chanhyun glanced over with a worried expression.

‘He is not happy. Am I doing something wrong.’ Chanhyun turned to look forward. ‘I should really converse with him.’

“So, um…”Chanhyun coughed. “How are you?” He mentally face palmed himself. ‘What kind of question is that.’

Yitao chuckled. “I’m doing okay. How are you?”

“I’m g-good.” Chanhyun face palmed himself this time.

“Y-you okay? Why did you face palm yourself?” Yitao asked while raising his eye brow.

“Ah! I d-don’t…erm.” He placed his hands on his head, trying to hide himself from the prince. Yitao chuckled and grabbed Chanhyun’s hands.

“Don’t do that.” He chuckled, making Chanhyun blush even more.

“Sorry prince.” He said softly.

“It’s fine. And you don’t need to call me prince. Yitao is just fine.”

“Oh? Y-you sure?”

Yitao smiled. “Yitao is just fine. Actually, it isn’t fine, it’s great!! So no more of the prince Yitao or prince, or sir, or whatever. Yitao is great. Okay Baekyeol?” Yitao widen his eyes. He just said Baekyeol instead of Chanhyun.

“Huh? M-my name is Chanhyun pri-- I mean Yitao.”

Yitao coughed. “I’m s-sorry. I…I apologize. It’s just that…” Yitao blushed looked away from the shorter male. “Um, Baekyeol was my best friend.”

Chanhyun nodded. “Oh, I see. Is he here with you? We could’ve asked him to come with and --”

“Actually,” Yitao ran his fingers through his black locks. “H-he isn’t here. Honestly, I don’t know where he is.” He glanced over to Chanhyun only to have him staring with his dark chocolate eyes, full of curiosity. “I’m sure you knew that…there was a war 10 years ago and Baekyeol was my servant and best friend…we were separated, so…I don’t know what happened to him.” He looked down. “I’m not even sure if he is still alive.”

“Oh,” Chanhyun’s expression fell. “I’m sorry.”

Yitao glanced at brown haired male and titled his head in the process. “You know…your eyes…”

“Huh?” Chanhyun glanced up. “What was that? My eyes?” Yitao nodded.

“Your eyes…look so much like Baekyeol’s. Dark brown…I guess that is what triggered me calling you Baekyeol. I apologize.”

“No no. It’s fine.” He leaned over and grabbed Yitao’s hand. He placed his hand over his and started to pat it. “I’m sorry about your friend. I hope that he is okay.” He gave a sweet smile at Yitao. “He is probably out there you know. Alive and well. He is probably waiting for you to find him.”

Yitao smiled. “Thanks. I hope that I will be find him. I really miss him…you can say that he is special to me.”

Chanhyun nodded; he started to tug on Yitao hand to view more of the flowers around.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It was day one of the festival and many people were enjoying the celebration; lots of food was prepared and entertainment was spectacular. Yitao clapped at the traditional dance that the people had just preformed. Next it was Chanhyun’s performance and Yitao was fairly curious as to what he will be performing.

“Ah, prince. Good evening.” Yitao turned to see Wonbin holding onto a barbeque stick. “Are you enjoying yourself?” Yitao nodded. “That’s great. Oh, looks like Chanhyun would be performing. You know, Chanhyun has a great singing voice.” Yitao turned to face Wonbin.

“Singing?”

“Yeah, Chanhyun has a great singing voice.”

‘Chanhyun…singing…Baekyeol used to sing. He was great too, but…could it --’

“Ah it’s starting! Prince, you really have to listen to his voice.” Wonbin pointed out with his barbeque stick. Yitao glanced up to stare the brown haired male. It was silent, but soon a sound from the music started to play. Yitao held his breath; he remembered how back when they were young, Yitao would always praised about Baekyeol’s singing.

“Baekyeol your singing is amazing!” Yitao said with awe, which made Baekyeol blush.

“Thank you!! I’m happy that you like it!”

“Only you Baekyeol…can sing to me.” Yitao said with a serious tone. “Okay?”

Baekyeol nodded and smiled at the young prince. “Of course.”

Yitao smiled at the memory, but his expression changed once Chanhyun started to sing. His eyes widen. The song was soft and beautiful. It made all the people stop what they were doing and gaze upon the brown haired male on the stage.

“Lift the wings,
That carry me away from here and,
Fill the sail,
That breaks the line to home.
But when I'm miles and miles apart from you,
I'm beside you, when I think of you,
a Stóirín, a Grá.”

Yitao was in awe; his jaw slightly dropped.

‘C-can…this can’t be the same…he…’

“How can a heart survive,
Can it stay alive,
If its love's denied for long?”

Yitao’s heart started to beat. The song was just to beautiful and his voice was so soothing. His thoughts broke once he heard people clapping. He looked up to stare at Chanhyun who bowed at the people before him. Chanhyun’s eyes made contact with Yitao; he smiled at him and waved. Yitao chuckled softly and waved back at the brown haired male.

Chanhyun made his to the stairs where he was greeted by his friends.

“That was awesome Chanhyun!!”

“Seriously, you should go to music academy in the city!!”

Chanhyun giggled and thanked his friends for the praises. With that, he excused himself and walked off. Yitao saw him walking off and decided to follow.

“Prince, where are you going?” Wonbin asked as he ate another barbeque stick.

“I’ll be back. I promise.” Yitao nodded at him and quickly returned back into following Chanhyun.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Chanhyun skipped his way through the town. He wanted to go back to the garden, for reasons unknown. For him, he just found it relaxing, especially that night since that is when the lanterns through out the garden turn on. He jumped rock, only to have him slip and land on his .

“Ow…okay no more of that.” He rubbed his bottom to ease the pain. He stood up, but heard a clank on the cobblestone street. His necklace became undone.

“Oh.” He was about to grab it, but someone already beat him to it. Chanhyun gasped and looked at the stranger who grabbed his necklace.

“Y-Yitao!”

Yitao eyed the necklace that was in his hand.

‘No…way. It is the one.’ He looked at the male before him. ’B-Baekyeol?!’

“Uh…um…wh-where did you get this?”

“I..um…”

“Answer me!!”

“It’s mine!!” Chanhyun yelled back.

Yitao shook his head. “No…it can’t be.” Yitao opened the first few buttons of his white button up and revealed the bottom half of the hourglass. He placed them together and they fit perfectly like a puzzle piece. Chanhyun gasped.

“B-Baekyeol?” Yitao stammered. “Is…is that really you?”

Chanhyun was confused; he shook his head. “I’m Chanhyun Yitao…you know that.”

“You’re lying to me.” Yitao held up the necklace up to show Chanhyun with a glare. “This necklace has been in my family for generations and I broke it in half 10 years ago and gave it to my best friend, Baekyeol. Only he would have it. You have…you have to be him.”

Chanhyun gulped and shook his head again. “I’m not him!! My name is Chanhyun!!” He was getting scared of the prince before him. He sprinted off, away from Yitao and back to the crowd.

“W-wait!! Baek -- C-Chanhyun!!”

But it was too late, he lost him in the sea of people. Yitao clicked his tongue and glanced at the necklace.

‘I’m positive…that has to be him.’

Yitao was sure of it. Chanhyun had same eyes as Baekyeol, the same beautiful singing voice, even Chanhyun had the other half of the necklace.

‘You have to be him.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

A week already passed and Yitao hasn’t seen Chanhyun at all. He was starting to worry about it. Yitao sat on his chair in his room, looking out the window of the sea. A small breeze entered and Yitao closed his eyes. He wanted to know, he wanted answers.

‘I’m so sure.’

Yitao stood up and decided to pay a fish market a visit. Instead of wearing a formal outfit, he went out casual. He ended up wearing a short-sleeve striped hooded top with white cotton shorts. He was about to leave his room, only walk back to his bed side table. Yitao grabbed the top half of the hour glass necklace.

“Baekyeol…that has to be you.”

He connect the necklace once again and as before, they fit perfectly like a puzzle piece. He nodded and placed it in his pocket.

Yitao exited his room and informed Minhyuk that he would be leaving to go into town. He walked and stopped at the fish market. There managing the fish stand was the lady that he met. He coughed to get her attention; she looked up and smiled.

“Good day prince.” She bowed. “How may I help you?”

“I…erm, Chanhyun…is he around?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, he isn’t around.” She placed her hand on her cheek. “I haven’t been seeing him a lot actually. Every morning he would get up before me and my husband and every night he returns home late.” She sighed. “I think something is wrong with my son.”

“Son? You’re his mother?” Yitao eyed the lady. He remembered clearly that Baekyeol’s parents were both male. Could this be the aunt? Sister?

The lady nodded. “I’m his adoptive mother actually. I adopted Chanhyun hm…10 years ago. I’m sure it was 10 years ago.” She chuckled. “Because he is 18 now and I got him when he was 8.” She sighed. Yitao nodded at the lady.

“Really. And,” He took out the necklace and showed it to mother before him. “This…was he wearing this?”

The mother nodded. “Yes, he was. He is probably looking for that. He never takes it off.” She smiled at Yitao. “When I first met my son, he was wearing that. And…and…he head was covered with blood.”

“B-blood?”

The lady nodded. She proceeded to say that the boy was in a ferry with other people. During the war, some took refuge at Kray-on and many needed to be taken cared of. She was assigned to take care of children. She remembered it clearly; his face was dripped with red liquid and his clothing was ripped.

“It took several days for him to wake up. I asked him what his name was and if he remembered what happened. He shook his head and he said that he doesn’t remember anything. He didn’t even know his name. So I gave him the name Chanhyun.”

Yitao’s eyes widen. He was sure now that Chanhyun had to be Baekyeol. “S-so, he…lost his memory is what you are saying.”

The mother nodded her head. “Yes prince.”

“Mama I got you some --” Chanhyun stood still once he saw Yitao speaking with his adoptive mother. His eyes widen; he dropped the small box of strawberries and sprinted off.

“Chanhyun!” He heard his mother yell.

“Chanhyun!!” Yitao yelled and ran after him, leaving a very confused mother behind.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Chanhyun sprinted to the flower garden mountain, hoping to hide from the prince.

“Chanhyun!!”

The shorter male looked over his shoulder and could see that Yitao was right at his tail, all thanks to his long legs.

‘Me and my short legs!!’

Chanhyun ran faster; he cut through the garden and hid in a bush. He covered his mouth to prevent himself from making any noise. Chanhyun sat still once he heard Yitao coughing.

‘He’s close.’

Yitao stood up straight and looked around. “This looks familiar.” Yitao said softly, but enough for Chanhyun to hear. The prince looked back and forth.

‘Worth a shot.’ He thought. “Ready or not, here I come!”

Yitao jogged over places where people might hide. He immediately turned his head once he heard a rustle in the bushes. He ran into the bushes and rolled out with Chanhyun in arms. They rolled down the hill behind the brush, with Yitao holding onto Chanhyun’s head to protect it. Once they were done rolling, the landed on a bed of flowers. Yitao groaned; he slowly sat up and rubbed the back of head.

“Ow…”

He quickly looked down to see Chanhyun slowly getting up. Thinking that he might run and leave, he pinned him down against the flowers, with Yitao now hovering over him.

“Hey!” Chanhyun angrily said as he looked at Yitao. “I’m not going to leave.”

“I’m not taking my chances.”

Chanhyun sighed. “Fine.”

They stayed there for a while, neither of them saying anything. Chanhyun was getting irritated and turned his head to the side, smelling the flowers beside his head.

“Are you going to let me go or what?”

Yitao stared, not even replying.

“Well?” Chanhyun looked over to look at the prince above him.

Again, no response, making Chanhyun sighed. ‘No choice then.’ He tried his best and leaned up close to Yitao. Once at a close range, he gave a peck on Yitao’s cheek.

“Wah!” Yitao released his grip on Chanhyun and fell back on his . He cupped his cheek and turned a bright shade of red. “Y-you…you kissed my c-cheek!”

Chanhyun sat up straight and grinned at the prince before him. “Just returning the action.”

Yitao furrowed his brow. “What are you talking about?!” Now he was utterly confused. ‘What did he mean by that!?’

Chanhyun pouted. “You did that to me. Why can’t I do that to you?”

“I never did that to you Cha --” Yitao stopped his sentence. He remembered those years ago that he gave a peck on Baekyeol’s cheek. ‘Does…he…’

Chanhyun smiled while he criss crossed his legs. “Yes Yitao…I remember.”

“Y-you…what?”

Chanhyun leaped over and hugged Yitao by the neck. He started to mumble, in which Yitao was unsure on how to respond. Yitao patted his back; he did really miss Baekyeol. He prayed that this wasn’t dream.

“Do you really remember?” Yitao said against the shorter male’s hair. He felt the male nod his head; he leaned back and gave Yitao a bright smile. Yitao started to get a little teary eyed. “Baekyeol.”

Baekyeol titled his head and started to wipe the forming tears with his thumbs. “Why are you crying?”

“I thought that I really lost you! A-and,” He tighten his grip on Baekyeol. “I was so certain that you were the one, ever since I saw the necklace that you had. I…oh.” Yitao released his grip and started to go through his pocket. He took out the top half of the hourglass necklace; he placed it around Baekyeol’s neck and tied it.

Baekyeol looked down and smiled. “Thank you.”

Yitao returned the smile; he cupped Baekyeol’s cheeks. “H-how did you…remember?”

“Since you came to the island and I saw you. I had this feeling that I knew you.” Baekyeol placed his hands on Yitao’s to bring his hands down from his face. “Then something happened. When you came to the port and helped out carrying the ice case, I was able to see your face fully and started to remember. All these memories started to flow through my mind.”

“Then…why didn’t you say anything?”

“Oh, well,” Baekyeol rubbed the back of his neck. “I…kinda wanted to play with you. And so…yeah.”

Yitao slightly glared. “So…you tricked me. All this time.”

“Ah…yeah, well, you know. I’m a great actor huh?!” Baekyeol laughed, but soon shrieked when he felt Yitao pinned him back on the bed of flowers. He moved his arms so he was now hugging his waist; he mumbled against his stomach.

“Hm?” Baekyeol started to Yitao’s head. Sure enough, he knew that it was wrong to lead him off. ‘Maybe I went too far?’ He frowned. “I’m sorry…for tricking you…prince Yitao.”

Yitao looked up, resting his chin on Baekyeol‘s stomach. “Yitao is just fine.” He started to say. “Actually, it isn’t fine, it’s great. S-So no more of the prince Yitao or prince, or sir, or whatever. Yitao is great. Okay…Baekyeol? W-we are best friends after all.”

Baekyeol propped his elbows up and smiled. “Of course.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao’s two week stay at the island town came into an end and it was time to return back to the palace. He was slightly disappointed, he didn’t want to go back home, just when he found his Baekyeol.

‘Hm…my Baekyeol.’ Yitao thought. 'My…mine…’ He folded his shirt and placed it in his bag. With the few days that he had left, he spent it with Baekyeol, trying to catch up due to lost time. He was right about him too. He turned out to be cute as he thought. His smile was beautiful, his features were beautiful, even his voice was beautiful. Everyone about Baekyeol was beautiful.

‘I wonder…’ Yitao ce he heard a knock. “Come in.”

The door opened and he saw Baekyeol dressed in all white with a red beret along with the hourglass necklace.

“Hey,” He closed the door behind him, while holding onto a batch of flowers. “I brought you these.” He motioned the flowers.

Yitao smiled, but soon faded. He didn’t really want to leave Baekyeol.

“Come with me.”

Baekyeol stared up from the flowers. “Huh?”

“C-come with me. Back to the palace with me.”

Baekyeol sighed, but tried to form a smile. “That is nice offer, but…I just can’t leave my adoptive parents Yitao.”

“B-but…I…I just can’t leave you again.”

Baekyeol smiled and placed the flowers on the table. He approached Yitao gave him a hug. “I know…but…I like it here. This is my home and --”

“Then we will bring them.” Yitao said as he hugged Baekyeol. “I don’t want to loose you.”

“You’re not loosing me Yitao.” He smiled. “You know that I am here.”

Yitao shook his head. “No…” Baekyeol pouted, but chuckled at the prince’s actions.

“Marry me then.”

Baekyeol blushed and moved away from Yitao. “Yitao --”

“No…erm, marry me.” Yitao stammered. “I can’t --”

“Yitao…” He cupped Yitao’s cheeks. “I…” He sighed. “Yitao you are making it hard for me. Stop it.”

They stood there for a while, Yitao still holding onto Baekyeol. He wanted to bring Baekyeol back home, back where he belonged.

"You know that I'm not going anywhere." Baekyeol sighed. "I'll be here."

"But I want you back home where you belong."

"No, my home is here. On this island now." Baekyeol looked up at the prince before him. "You are more than welcome to visit." He said with a smile. Yitao nodded; it was true that he could visit. He had the money, the power to do it.

"Okay." He said softly and with a hint sadness.

"Good." Baekyeol leaned up and placed a kiss on the prince's cheek. With that, he released his grip of the prince and walked towards the door. "I...um, goodbye Yitao. I love you." He opened the door and walked out. Yitao sighed.

"I love you too."

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Months pasted and Yitao was back again at his desk, reading papers. Minhyuk entered with colored folders at hand Yitao stared at his assistant.

'He has always been a good assistant…with my power…I could...'

"Prince?" Yitao broke from his thoughts and looked at Minhyuk.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Are you okay?"

Yitao sighed. "Not really." He looked at Munhyuk. "What would you do…if the person that you cared for the most…the person that you love so much...the one that you can't live without didn't want to come back home where he or she belonged?"

Minhyuk tilted his head. "Um, well…if it were me, I would move to where that person is. So I can be closer to that person."

Yitao looked at his assistant. "Even if it means leaving your place and stuff like that?"

"Um…I guess. I mean, that person would be my everything, and that is good enough for me. Sir, I don't get what is going on."

Yitao nodded. "Say, Minhyuk, I would like to talk to you about something."

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol laid on his side on the bed of flowers. He was playing with daisy that he plucked out and started to twirl it around in his index and thumb. When Yitao left those months ago, Baekyeol didn't even watch to see him leave. He immediatly ran to the flower garden and cried. He truly missed the prince. He really wanted to go, but he couldn't up and leave his adoptive parents; he loved them too. He loved the island town that he lived in, he loved his friends here, he loved his job here and everything about his new life was content. Baekyeol started to hum a song when he felt arms wrapping around his waist. Immediatly he turned to punch whoever had the guts to place their arms around him, but soon came to a stop once he saw Yitao's face. He blinked a couple of times and leaned his head back to get a good look at him.

"Yi-Yitao?"

Yitao nodded and snuggled close to Baekyeol.

"What are you doing here?! Who…wha--"

Yitao started to chuckle at the shorter male. "I made some arrangements with my assistant, Minhyuk…he will be taking over."

"Huh?"

Yitao sat up brushed some of the petals off of his button up shirt. "What I am saying is that Minhyuk is in charge of looking over the towns and checking up to see the progress. Leaving me to be free."

"Okay…so..?"

"It means that I'll be moving here."

"Here?!" Baekyeol shot up. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah. Why do you sound so surprised?" Yitao eyed him. "Do you have someone else?" Yitao glared, but made Baekyeol chuckle.

"No, but there has been someone in my mind." He smirked at the prince.

Yitao's eyes widen. "Y-you what?!"

Baekyeol laughed and started to roll in the bed of flowers. "Wow Yitao…you surely don't know huh?"

Yitao furrowed his brow. He was going to ask him about this so called person that has been occupying his Baekyeol's mind, when Baekyeol beat him to it.

"So, you will be staying…for real. What about the royal title? You dropped it as well?"

Yitao shook his head. "No, I didn't. I'm still the leader of the neighboring countries and the prince. But I gave half of the duties to Minhyuk. He agreed to it and I thank him for that. Minhyuk is a great assistant and an understanding one at that." Baekyeol nodded his head.

"So no queen yet huh." He asked softly.

"Oh, I'm just waiting." Yitao grabbed Baekyeol's hand and kissed it. "I'm just waiting for him accept it."

Baekyeol chuckled. "You love me that much?"

Yitao nodded. "A whole lot to be honest."

"But…you know that I'm not even at the same status as you."

Yitao rolled his eyes and waved it off. He didn't care if Baekyeol was of low status. He was his world and that is just enough. He tackled him and wrapped his arms around Baekyeol's waist. He started to roll around the bed of flowers with the shorter male in his arms. Yitao stopped for awhile and stared at Baekyeol. He smiled and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"I'm so happy that you didn't forget me."

Baekyeol chuckled. "I remembered." He smiled as he rubbed the hourglass necklace. "Thank you for not forgetting about me."

Yitao smiled and tighten his grip on Baekyeol. They laid there for a while with the breeze coming from time to time and sun rays hitting their bodies. Baekyeol smiled and nuzzled against Yitao's chest. With that, they soon drifted off to sleep.

 

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---


[ Lift the wings - river dance link ] <- very good song :D I like it ^^~

Um, so...I hope that this was okay...For some reason...I was like 'ehhhhhh' the whole time. :/

Comment if you like~

Next time in EXO's children short story collection...

 

Ring
ft. Sehan & Jongsoo

Just a simple and "normal" conversation between the oldest kids in the group of 6.