ring {JSSH}

EXO’s children short story collection

Ring
Ft. Jongsoo & Sehan

boy x boy

Comedy, fluffy 

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

The summer air created a soft breeze, cooling some of the teens playing soccer on the high school soccer field. 17 year old Sehan was sitting beside a tree with various textbooks and notebooks around; he adjusted his glasses and flipped the page of The Great Gatsby. He was tutoring one of his best friends, 16 year old Jongsoo, since he fell back in some of his subjects due to sports. The director of the school was nice enough to say that if Jongsoo complete the assignments that he didn’t complete before summer ends, he will be able to move on with his class.

“So, Jongsoo, what are some of The Great Gatsby’s most important symbols?”

Jongsoo flipped through the pages of his book as quickly as he could. “Uh…they are um --”

“Oh,” Sehan pushed his glasses up. “And what does the novel have to say about the role of symbols in life?” He looked up and stared at his friend, waiting for a an answer.

“W-well, you know that o-one and the other one that was mention in that one chapter.” Jongsoo pointed out, but not making Sehan chuckle at the slightest. Sehan stared at his best friend and sighed.

“Come on Jongsoo, you need to complete your assignments or else you won’t be able to continue with the rest of your classmates.”

Jongsoo closed his book and dropped it on the ground. He leaned against the tree and brought his hands, behind his head. “Can we take a break?” Jongsoo glanced at Sehan. “I mean, we’ve been at this studying since 1pm and it is already 3...with no breaks!”

Sehan closed his book and placed it neatly next to his other books. “Fine. Just for 15 minutes.” He took out a snack from his messenger back; he took out one jammie dodgers. “Want one?” He held one out, in which Jongsoo nodded and bit it off.

“Hey! Use your hands and just grab the cookie!!”

“Sorry.” Jongsoo pouted and grabbed the half eaten jammie dodger.

Sehan rolled his eyes and grabbed one for himself. The 17 year old, among the 6 of their friends, he is the smartest out of them. He is always studying, morning to night, his nose is in the books. He hopes to become a great doctor one day, so studying was the main priority for him. Sehan grabbed another book and started to read where he left off.

“What are you reading now?”

“Hm? Oh, I’m reading The Count of Monte Cristo.”

Jongsoo grabbed another cookie from Sehan and bit onto it. “Is that like school summer reading?”

Sehan shook his head and told him that it was just merely for fun, making Jongsoo choke on his cookie.

“Yah!” Sehan quickly turned and got out his water bottle and gave it to him.

“You read it for fun?! Why are you doing that?”

Sehan rolled his eyes. “There is nothing wrong with reading for fun. Don’t you read?”

Jongsoo closed the water bottle and placed it beside him. “Yeah I read. Comic books.”

“That isn’t…you need to read some real books.” He said as he pointed his book in his hand. “They are good for you anyway.”

“Yeah yeah yeah, whatever.” Jongsoo placed his hands behind his head and closed his eyes. A breeze came by cooling them down from the summer heat. Jongsoo opened his eyes; he caught a couple walking down the field holding hands and laughing together.

“Hm.”

Sehan turned and glanced at his friend. “Hm? What?”

“Oh,” Jongsoo pointed out the couple walking. “Just looking at them.”

Sehan looked at the couple. “Hm. Okay then.” He resumed back into reading. Jongsoo looked over at his friend.

“Don’t you go out or something?”

“Sure I do.” He said without looking at Jongsoo.

“I mean when you are not with us. And by us I mean Yitao, Baekyeol, Joonxing, and Xiuchen. Don’t you…like go hangout with others like Tiffany or Wooyoung?” Jongsoo scratched his cheek with his index finger. “Aren’t you three like in the national honors society or something?”

Sehan shook his head. “I don’t have time to hangout, but I make an exception with you guys. Besides, I talk to them at school.” He said as he turned the page.

Jongsoo furrowed his brow. “You are really a nerd. No wonder you don‘t have a girlfriend.” He did a side glance at his friend to see if he would react, only to be surprised to see that he didn’t flinch or look back at him.

“I don’t need one.”

“Huh? Don’t need one?”

Sehan sighed and pushed up his glasses. “Personally, being in one is the last thing on my mind. Plus, I have a bigger goal that I need to focus on.”

“Come on Sehan, you are always studying, reading all that stuff.” Jongsoo leaned over and grabbed the book from Sehan’s hands. “You need to get out more. You’re 17, you’re still young anyway, plus handsome at that.”

Sehan narrowed his eyes and blushed. “Yeah,” He snatched his book back. “No.”

Jongsoo whined. “You don’t believe me or something?” 

“Honestly,” Sehan said as he searched for the page that he was on. “I don’t.”

“How can you say that?” He snatched the book once again and placed it away from Sehan, making him irritated. “I mean it that you are handsome and all. I mean come on, you got great genes. Your dad is really handsome and your mom is smoking hot!”

Sehan threw a notebook that was near him at his face. “Don’t say that when I am around. That is just weird.” He turned around to face away Jongsoo. “This is such weird conversation. Why are we talking about my love life or whatever.”

Jongsoo leaned over and rested his chin on Sehan’s shoulder. “I was just curious.” He glanced over at his friend. “Why don’t you want a girlfriend?”

Sehan tried to shrug off Jongsoo from his shoulder, but was unable to do so. “I already told you.” He looked down and checked his watch. “Times up. Back to studying.”

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Jongsoo was working on his math problems, groaning and scratching his head with the eraser part of his pencil.

‘When am I going to use that?!’ He sighed and pinched the bridge of nose.

“Eh, Sehan” He whined. “Break time…please.”

Sehan nodded and placed the math book down on the grass. Jongsoo did the same; once again, he questioned Sehan about not being in a relationship.

“I don’t find  this conversation appealing.”

“Well, I do.”

Sehan took off his glasses and started to clean then with the bottom of his shirt. “You’re weird.” He said as he placed his glasses back on.

Jongsoo fiddled with his pencil, spinning it with his fingers. “I could be your boyfriend.”

Sehan choked on his iced lemon tea, pounding his chest with his fist. “W-what the heck?!” He narrowed his eyes at Jongsoo, who just stared at him with a smile on his face. “Jongsoo…”

“Oh come on! That would be great yeah?!” Jongsoo turned around and leaned back to reach over the flowers. He picked two and started to fiddle with it.

“Jongsoo, you are making it sound like…it’s forced.”

“Hm, I would like to have you as my boyfriend. I mean your hot and, pff, obviously, I am also hot.”

Sehan started to get irritated. “You are basing it on looks Jongsoo.”

“Looks and I like your personality. You are determined, responsible, knowledgeable…oh and you may not know it, but you  have an adorable smile. Plus that lisp that you have is extra points!”

“Hey!! I…er…I don’t have a lisp!”

Jongsoo rolled his eyes and chuckled. “Don’t lie. You have one. When you get nervous you start to talk with a lisp on.”

Sehan ended up looking down, avoiding the gaze of the younger in front of him. ‘All the praises were nice, but…hm…’  

“Gimmie your hand.” Jongsoo said as he extended his hand towards the older. “Come on, gimmie gimmie!!”

Sehan hesitated, but did it anyway; he fell a little forward due to the tug. “What are you --”

“Ah, there!” Sehan looked down to see that Jongsoo made a flower ring and it is placed on his left hand ring finger.

“Uh…”

“And one for me!” He said happily while putting it on his left hand ring finger. “Cute huh?”

“No.” He said coldly.

“Sehan!!” Jongsoo placed his hand over his heart and started to act all dramatic. “How could you say that to your boyfriend?”

Sehan ended up narrowing his eyes. “Did you just hear what I said hours ago about relationships?”

“Yeah, but that was focused on girlfriends. You didn’t say anything about boyfriends! So I assume that you liked guys! And well,” He said smiling while looking up at Sehan. “I like you! A lot!” He said with ease.

Sehan shook his head. “You…are irritating.” He brought his hand back and turned around, back facing towards Jongsoo. He leaned on the tree and brought up his book to read. “15 minute break got it?”

Jongsoo hummed in response; he leaned back on the tree and looked at the flower ring. He chuckled slightly and started to close his eyes and rest.

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Jongsoo stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. ‘Hm…’ He sat up straight and stretched his arms. He noticed that the sun was almost setting and realized that they took an hour nap. ‘So much for 15.’ He looked over at Sehan and noticed that he was also a sleep. ‘He is probably tired now.’

Jongsoo took the time to place their books in their respective bags. He grabbed a hold of the book that the older was reading and was about to place it in Sehan’s bag, but stopped. He leaned over to look at Sehan, still resting peacefully.

‘Hm,’ He tilted his head. ‘He will get angry at me…but,' Sehan started to scrunch up his nose, which made Jongsoo chuckle quietly. He looked up and noticed that there were still people playing on the soccer field. He opened the book and leaned close to Sehan, covering their faces with the book, he gave Sehan a loving kiss on the lips. Within seconds, he retracted and brought down the book. He smiled and turned to place Sehan’s book away in his bag.

“Sehan. Sehan.”

Sehan stirred in his sleep. Jongsoo tried once more and brushed some strands of hair away from his older’s eyes.

“Sehan…it’s getting late. Let’s go home.”

The older slowly opened his eyes; he yawned and started to stretched. “Hm…it’s late?”

“Yeah, apparently we over slept.” Jongsoo stood up and carried both bags. “It’s getting late, and we should get back home.”

“Okay.” Sehan got up and rubbed his eye.

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Jongsoo was kind enough to walk the older back to his house first, despite the fact that his house was a little bit a ways.

“You know,” Sehan said as he took his bag from Jongsoo. “You didn’t have to walk me.”

Jongsoo shrugged. “It’s fine.” He started to chuckle. “I would want to make sure that my boyfriend gets home safe. Plus, with your small height, people might kidnap you!! And I won‘t have it!!”

Sehan rolled his eyes. “Yeah yeah, whatever. And I‘m not that small!”

Jongsoo nodded. “So same time tomorrow then?”

“Yeah sure.” Sehan placed his index on his cheek. “Actually, instead of the school, lets meet up at that new café place. Erm, I think it is called Aff(x)tion. You know it is down by Mong and Yu street, by that flower shop?”

Jongsoo nodded. “Oh yeah. Sure whatever you want.” He smiled. “I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Jongsoo was about to walk away, when Sehan grabbed the sleeve of his jacket.

“Wait.”

Jongsoo turned around, about to question the older, but was shocked when Sehan grabbed the back of the younger’s neck to bring him closer into a kiss. Quickly, Sehan leaned back and backed away slowly.

“W-what was that for?” Jongsoo still at a daze.

“I know what you did Jongsoo,” Sehan started to say while smoothing out his jacket. “At the school when I was sleeping. Taking advantage of me?” He said with a glare.

“I…er…it’s not advantage! I wasn’t, er, well you know!! It was just a kiss!! An innocent kiss!!” Jongsoo started to wave his arms wildly.

Sehan tried his best to hold his composure, but failed. He laughed at the younger; he started to wipe a tear from his eye. He lifted his bag and started to head to his house.

“He-hey!! Sehan!! Seriously! What was that for?!”

“Hm.”

Jongsoo tilted his head. “Hm? Oh! Does that mean…you are willing to be my boyfriend now?” He said with a smile.

“I…hm, s-sure.” Sehan said, looking over his shoulder. “F-for you…I’ll be…erm, your boyfriend.” He said with embarrassment.

“Ah! Great! I promise I’ll be the best!” He ran over and place a kiss on his cheek.

“Hey!! My parents might see you idiot!!” Sehan placed his hand on the younger’s face and pushed him back. “Go home before your parents get worried.”

“So caring! Okay then! I’ll see you tomorrow!” With that, he ran off happily, making Sehan chuckle. He unlocked the door of his home only to be glomped on by his mother.

“Oh my baby is growing up so fast!!”

“M-mom I can’t breath!” Sehan tried his best to get some air, but his mother was preventing some air to go through.

“Erm, Luhan…c-can you let him go? He is turning slightly purple.” His father started to say.

“Ah!” Luhan released his iron grip of his son. “I’m sorry Sehan.” He started to chuckle. “I just got excited when I saw you kiss Jongsoo and vice versa.”

“Y-you saw?!” Sehan was horrified.

“Sure did. Even your father saw.” He said in a cheerful tone. Sehan groaned; he wanted to keep it on the down low, but he guessed that it won’t happen.

“Do you want any dinner Sehan?” His father asked.

Sehan shook his head and told them that he wasn’t hungry. He went to his room and quietly closed the door. He placed his bag beside his desk and the lamp on his desk. He was about to take off his jacket when he saw the flower ring that Jongsoo made. Slowly, Sehan took off the flower ring and placed it on the desk. He chuckled.

“How cute.”

Sehan placed his jacket on a hanger and hanged on his door handle.

“Hm…this is my boyfriend, Jongsoo.” He said softly while acting out as if he were introducing Jongsoo to people. Slowly, a smile started to form on his face.

“I like that. Maybe having one won't be so bad.”


--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Mistakes? I’m sorry ; 3 ;

I was gunna update my other stories when this thing *points at this story* popped in my head. ^^;

Hope that it made sense too…Q_____Q Also, I realized that so far, they were all lovey dovey and teenagers ^^; ahhhhh yeah.

Comment if you like~

Next time in EXO’s children short story collection…

Magic Dogs
Ft. All 6

3 children received birthday gifts from the all famous wizard Jinyoung.