cappuccino {JSSH}

EXO’s children short story collection

Cappuccino
ft. Jongsoo & Sehan

boy & boy, fluffy, comedy

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Sehan closed his eyes as he sat in the coffee shop drinking one of his favorite drinks. He sighed in relaxation, continuing to listen to the soft chatters of the people, as well as the jazz music play in the background. He slowly opened his eyes, only to be surprised to see the figure in front of him.

"Don't you think your boss will get mad at you for not doing your job?"

The other grinned. "Nope. I don't think so."

Sehan rolled his eyes. "You will get in trouble Jongsoo for not doing your job."

"Uh, hello…my parents own this…remember? My boss are my parents."

Sehan pondered a bit. "Oh, yeah. I forgot about that."

Jongsoo pouted a bit. "How can you forget? I thought we were buddy buddies now…buds don't forget such things."

Sehan scoffed, but slowly smiled at what the other side. He has been going to a particular coffee shop ever since he moved into the small city for college. Like some, he had a hard time making friends, but a certain waiter and barista, has been keeping him company. Of course, Sehan found it odd that a random person decided to chat with him, but once he got used to him coming up to him to talk, Sehan started to loosen up a bit.

"My bad, my bad." Sehan leaned back in his seat, while still holding onto the cup of cappuccino.

"So, what are you up for today?" Jongsoo asked, leaning back in his seat.

"Nothing much…I finished all my homework so…I'm pretty much free." Sehan stretched a bit. "It was tiring."

"I bet." Jongsoo said, while nodding his head in agreement. They chatted for a bit before Jongsoo's father came in to take his son back.

"Jongsoo, how many times…jeez." Jongin tugged his son's ear, making him yelp. "Get back to work."

"Ow! B-but dad!! Let go of my ear! It hurts!"

Jongin released his grip of his son's ear. "Work…now." He looked over at Sehan, apologizing in breaking up their conversation.

"It's all right." He stood up. "I have to get going anyway." He replied with a smile.

Jongin nodded his head; he turned to face Jongsoo and told him once more to get back to work. As he walked away, Jongsoo glanced at Sehan.

"I'll talk to you later okay."

Sehan chuckled. "Yeah…told you that you will get in trouble." He waved goodbye and headed out the door. Jongsoo watched at Sehan walked away, soon disappearing among the crowd.

"Ow!!" Jongsoo rubbed his head as he looked over his shoulder. "Dad!!"

"Work. Now. You can talk to Sehan later." Jongin huffed after he smacked his son on the head. "Every time he comes in, you always neglect your work." He eyed his son. "Do you perhaps --"

"Dad…we are just friends. Jeez."

"Ah, ah, ah. How come whenever Yitao or Joonxing comes in you managed to chat with them for a minute or so, then resume back to work. If it is Sehan…you manage to talk to him for a long time."

Jongsoo pondered a bit. "Maybe I like talking to him more. Besides, I've been friends with Yitao and Joonxing for a long time…Sehan is my newest friend. He is more interesting considering he came from a big city."

"Hm." Jongin replied.

"Yah, you two need to get back to work." Both Jongin and Jongsoo earned themselves a smack in the head by Kyungsoo.

"Mom!!"

"Ow!!"

"Now shoo shoo back to work." Kyungsoo ordered.

"Yes, mommy."

"Yes, dear."

Kyungsoo smiled and made his way to a table to clear it.

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

It was another day in the small city and Jongsoo came right after his morning college classes to work in his parents' coffee shop. He yawned a bit as he walked.

'Hm…it's friday today…Sehan has only two classes today…so he will be done hm…' He checked his watch. 'Oh…in an hour.' He nodded to himself. Once he arrived, he changed to his uniform and started to take orders.

"Hey you." Jongsoo looked over his shoulder while preparing a customer's caffe macchiato drink.

"Oh, hey Yitao."

"Busy huh?"

"Hm." He nodded. "Lemme just do these first and I'll be right with you okay."

"Yeah, sure." Yitao made his way to find a seat. Once Jongsoo was finished with the drinks, he quickly made his friend a drink, knowing very well what he wanted.

"Ha." Yitao grabbed his drink from Jongsoo's hand. "You know me so well."

"As I should." Jongsoo chuckled. "You done for the day?" He asked while looking back at the counter to make sure no one was waiting in line.

"No, I have a class at 3. I just wanted to get something to drink."

"I see." He nodded. "Well, I have to get back to work. Need to wash cups and such." Yitao nodded and waved goodbye to the other.

Jongsoo made his way to the back only to be stopped by his father. "Interaction time with Yitao…a minute and 40 seconds."

"Dad," He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

Jongin chuckled. "Just saying…you favor Sehan more."

"I like talking to him. That is all."

Jongsoo walked passed his father to the back. 'I just like talking to him.'

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Months have passed and Jongin never failed to tease his son that he liked having Sehan around more than his friends. He even made the conclusion that Jongsoo might have a slight crush on Sehan. Jongsoo would just take the teasing and ignore his father's remarks.

"Oh, hey you." Sehan smiled at the other, making Jongsoo turn pink. "On your break?"

"Um, y-yeah." He grabbed a chair and sat across from Sehan. "Homework?"

"Yeah." He whined. "How are you?"

"I'm well."

Sehan nodded. "Thats good." He went back to his work, while Jongsoo sat there watching the other work. Jongsoo tilted his head as he studied Sehan's features. From his dirty blonde hair that framed his handsome face to his doe like eyes to his light rosy lips.

His heart began to beat; he was starting to wonder if his father was right about him liking Sehan more than friends should.

"You done?"

"Huh?" Jongsoo blinked a couple of times. "S-sorry? What?"

Sehan chuckled. "You kept staring at me…I was getting worried is all."

"O-oh, I'm okay." He said. "Do you want something? A drink or a bagel?"

"Hm…I think I'm good for now."

"What? B-but you always get something!"

Sehan tried to hold in a snort. "Can't I just sit here in peace?"

Jongsoo turned a deep red. "O-of course you can! I…its just that I got so used to you ordering something. This is the first." He continued to rant, making the other chuckle. "I'll stop now." Jongsoo lowered his head.

"You are so weird." He smiled before returning back to his work. Jongsoo his dry lips and mentally slapped himself. He completely made a fool out of himself in front of Sehan.

"Jongsoo." Both Jongsoo and Sehan looked up to see Jongin calling for his son to go back to work.

"I have to go back." Jongsoo said with sadness in his voice.

"It's okay. I'll probably be here for the rest of the day." Sehan assured him. "Go and work."

Jongsoo smiled and stood up, pushing the chair in before heading back to work. Once he was approaching, his father joked with him.

"Aww, why are you so sad?"

"What do you mean?"

Jongin poked his son's cheeks. "I see, I see, I see."

"Dad, stop that."

"You like him right?" He asked as he was pinching his cheeks.

"Dad, stop pinching my cheeks!"

"Not until you answer my little question." He pinched harder.

"Dad!" He whined.

"Jongin! What are you doing?!" They both turned to see Kyungsoo, who crossed his arms, staring at the two. "What are you doing to our baby?!"

"Mom! I'm not a baby! Jeez, I'm 22!!"

"I'm just teasing him a bit."

"Well, stop that." Kyungsoo patted Jongin's hands to make him release his hands from pinching their son's cheeks. "His cheeks will get really red."

Jongin whined. "Fine. It was just a little tease." He said as he puffed his cheeks, while Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Jongsoo," Kyungsoo turned to face his son. "Can you make 2 cups of coffeemilk and one chai latte please? For table 6 and 10"

"Hm." He nodded at his mother. "Yeah."

Kyungsoo smiled. "Thank you." Jongsoo walked passed his parents to work on the drinks.

"You like him right?"

'Hm…maybe.'

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Sehan came rushing in. 'Yah, the rain. Ew.' He took off his blue beanie and shook his head. 'Oh?' He realized that there wasn't anyone in today, which was odd since this coffee shop is the best in the small city.

"Oh, Sehan." Sehan looked in front of him to see Kyungsoo.

"Oh!" He bowed at the man in front of him. "Hello…is um, Jongsoo here?"

"Hm," Kyungsoo checked their clock. "He should be out of class since 2…and it is getting close to 3." He tapped his cheek. "What is that boy doing." He huffed a bit. "Would you like anything while you wait?"

"Um, no…thats okay. I'll just wait for Jongsoo." He smiled as he took a seat. It was quite awkward for the other to be in the coffee shop by himself. 'I wonder why there isn't many people today.' He looked outside the window. 'Probably because it is raining hard today.'

Sehan waited in the coffee shop for Jongsoo. It was getting close to 4 in the afternoon and he was wondering why Jongsoo was being late. He looked over his shoulder to see Jongsoo's parents, Kyungsoo on the phone, while Jongin waited, tapping his finger on the table.

'He isn't even answer the phone.'

"Yah, that boy." Kyungsoo huffed as he hanged up the phone. "Seriously, why is he late?"

"Hope that he is okay though." Jongin replied.

Soon, the door opened with Jongsoo all drenched from the rain.

"Jongsoo!" Kyungsoo quickly made his way over to his son. "You are drenched!"

"Eh." Jongsoo shook his head, making the little droplets fly around.

"Stop that." Kyungsoo ordered. "Change out of your clothes and into your uniform." He motioned to the back of the coffee shop.

"I will -- Sehan?!" Jongsoo's eyes widen. "I…w-what are you --" He was unable to finish his sentence when he saw Sehan approaching him and pushing him to the back of the coffee shop.

"Go change before you get a cold!"

"B-but --"

"Go!" Sehan said with worry in his voice. Jongsoo didn't protest; he made his way to the back to change out of his clothes.

"That boy." Jongin shook his head. "He needs to be more responsible. We even watch the weather channel together." He shook his head.

'I wonder what he was doing though.' Sehan thought. He made his way back to the table that he was at and waited for the other to come out.

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

"Jongsoo, why were you out in the rain?!" Kyungsoo asked as he entered the little employee lounge. "And why were you late coming here?!"

"I needed to get something." Jongsoo replied.

"Then why didn't you bring an umbrella? You watched the weather channel with your father…you knew it was going to rain."

"I forgot."

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. "You are really your father." He tapped his son's forehead. "A little airhead sometimes." Jongsoo puffed his cheeks, making Kyungsoo chuckle. "Well, hurry and get cleaned up. Sehan has been waiting for a while." With that, Kyungsoo exited the lounge.

'He has been waiting for a while.' Jongsoo started to feel bad. He quickly took of his drenched jacket and shirt, replacing it with his uniform button up. 'Thank god I didn't bring this home last night. Screw laundry!' He sniffed his shirt. 'Doesn't smell that bad…did I bring my...' Jongsoo opened his backpack, taking out a cologne bottle. 'Always prepared!' He smiled at himself. 'Thank god I didn't leave this at home.' He quickly sprayed himself with the cologne. 'Now I smell like a million dollars.'

He rushed out, almost bumping into his father on the way.

"Hey." Jongin pulled him back. "Are you wearing…" He sniffed. "Cologne?"

"Erm." Jongsoo cleared his throat. "I…uh, I just sprayed a little on me…my shirt smelled kind of funny."

"Right." Jongin nodded. "I know what you mean." He patted his son's back. "For Sehan right?"

Jongsoo turned a light pink; instead of answering, he made his way to the front of the coffee shop, passing by his mother on the way.

"Whoa, he is in a big rush now." Kyungsoo said, as he looked over his shoulder.

"I think I know what he is going to do."

"Oh?" He raised his eyebrow at the other. "What is he going to do?"

"Just wait and see." Jongin chuckled, while Kyungsoo gave a confused expression.

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

"S-sorry for the…um, the wait." Jongsoo pushed back his hair a bit.

"It's fine --" He sniffed a bit. "What is that smell?" Sehan looked back and forth for the source of the smell.

"Um…" 'Oh my god! He hates the cologne?!' "What smell? I-I don't smell -- " Jongsoo froze when he saw Sehan approach him and started to sniff his neck and chest area.

"Is that you?" He sniffed once again. "Are you wearing cologne?"

"I…I, um…m-my shirt was a bit smelly. I did it to cover up the smell."

Sehan pulled back a bit. "Oh…I see." He rubbed his nose a bit, making Jongsoo bit the inside of his cheek.

"Do you hate it or something?"

"Hm? Oh, no…I don't. It's just that my classmates have that too and they spray a lot on themselves. So, I guess you can say I kind of dislike it…for now."

'Oh crap!!' "O-oh, I see. I'm sorry about that." Sehan looked up at the other, who was now displaying such sad eyes. It was wrong for him to laugh at him, but he just couldn't help it. "Sorry!" He continued to laugh. "It's just that…you seem so disappointed for some reason."

"I…well, you know. Whatever. Um, w-would you like anything?" 'Please say you want your favorite drink! Please say you want your favorite drink! Please say you want your favorite drink!'

"Cappuccino please."

'Yes!' "Okay. One cup of cappuccino coming right up." He started to walk, but stopped to look over his shoulder. "Why don't you sit at the coffee bar table?" He gestured at the table. "That way we don't have to yell across the room."

"Ah, Sure." Sehan went back to his regular table to gather his things. He placed them at the foot of the stool and situated himself in his seat. Sehan watched as Jongsoo did his work. He smiled a bit as he studied Jongsoo's features. He really did look like Jongin; to the eyes, to nose, to his lips, even his height and skin tone, but his personality was more like his mother's. Even if Kyungsoo scolds the two of them, he did it because he cared. Sehan knows that Kyungsoo is friendly, thoughtful, and warm-hearted; he sees how he acts towards the customers and to his husband and son, if they don't irritate him too much. Overall, his heart would flutter a bit whenever he sees him.

"Hello? Sehan?"

"Eh?"

"You were dazing a bit." He pushed the cup towards the other. "Here…your cappuccino."

"R-right. Thank yo--" Sehan's eyes widen when he saw the cup of cappuccino, more specifically, what on drawn and written. "Wha --" Before he could ask Jongsoo, he quickly left to the back. 'What the heck!?' He looked back at his cup, feeling a blush coming on.

What was displayed in his cup of cappuccino were the words 'I love you' inside of a poorly created heart. It looked like it was made by a child, but Sehan figured that Jongsoo wasn't skilled in making cappuccino art. He looked up once he heard a door swing open. Jongsoo shyly came in, holding onto a big bouquet of blue colored roses.

"What is…are they blue?" Sehan was definitely surprised.

"These are for you." Jongsoo said as he held them up towards him.

Sehan felt that his cheeks were overheating; he looked back at his cappuccino, still displaying the words 'I love you' on them. He looked back at Jongsoo, unsure what to make of all of this.

"I love you." Jongsoo finally said. "I, um…I came into a conclusion yesterday…t-that I really, really, really love you." He felt his voice cracking a bit and his hands were getting sweaty from all the nerves. "Even though I…oh crap, I'm not even sure you like guys or not!" Sehan started to blink at the sudden change of confession. "For all I know, I can be making a fool out of myself right now! You probably hate me right?! I would understand if you do, but please don't!!" Jongsoo started to panic, while Sehan sat in his seat, watching his confessor have some sort of panic attack.

Sehan couldn't resist his smile that was forming. He sat up from his seat, leaning over the coffee bar table towards Jongsoo; he wrapped his hand around Jongsoo's neck, bring him close until they kissed.

Jongsoo's eyes widen. He couldn't grasp the fact that the person he just confessed to, is kissing him. 'His lips are soft.' He could only enjoy the kiss for a few more seconds before Sehan pulled away.

Sehan laughed a bit. "Now I know what to do…how to stop you from rambling on and on."

"I…y-you," He touched his lips, still having the feeling of Sehan's soft lips on his. "You kissed me!"

"Why, yes I did."

"You…so you like me too?"

"Um, no."

"N-no?" Jongsoo felt like his world was spinning. He was more confused than disappointed. "B-but you kissed --"

"I don't like you…I…I love you." Sehan chuckled as he leaned in once again to give Jongsoo a peck on the lips. "More than a friend…if you still didn't get it."

Jongsoo widen his eyes a bit, much like what his mother would do if he was surprised. He then let out a soft chuckle. "I'm...I'm so happy right now. I was worried there for a second…I'm just happy that you like me." He handed the blue colored roses towards Sehan once again. "F-for you."

"Thank you." Sehan took hold of the bouquet. "And its blue…which I'm surprised flower stores carry these."

"There are no stores that carry these." Jongsoo leaned against the coffee bar table. "I had them custom made. That is why I was late…I wanted 14, but the lady must have heard me wrong. She only made 10…and these are difficult to make…according to her." He chuckled. "It was worth the wait because I was able to get all 14."

Sehan nodded. "I see…and why blue? Did you know that my --"

"That your favorite color is blue? I've noticed." He grabbed Sehan's blue beanie. "Your backpack is blue, beanie is blue, cell phone cover is blue…I wouldn't be surprised if your underwear is blue."

Sehan turned pink and playfully punched Jongsoo on the shoulder. "Regardless…you are really observant."

"At certain things." Jongsoo tapped Sehan's nose, making the other cover his face with his bouquet. "Do you like the cappuccino? I tried my best at it...eh, it looks poorly made." He gave a nervous chuckle.

"I do like it." He glanced at the cup. "I've never seen a confession like this before."

"Then I hope other people do this. It is creative and not to mention adorable."

"Hm," Sehun pursed his lips. "I prefer that people don't do this."

"Eh?" Jongsoo blinked a bit. "Why not?"

"Because this is special…and I would like kept between us two." Sehan gestured himself and Jongsoo.

Jongsoo chuckled. "Alright." He leaned in and gave Sehan a quick peck on the lips. Sehan blushed a bit, but smiled nonetheless.

"Aww!" Both Sehan and Jongsoo looked at the source of the voices. Kyungsoo cupped his cheeks, while Jongin gave a thumbs up at his son.

"I knew it!" Jongin grinned. "Well, you are good looking…got it all from me obvious -- oof!" He clutched his stomach once Kyungsoo elbowed him.

"This is just so cute!" Kyungsoo went over to Jongsoo and cupped his cheeks. "Don't screw this up. Got it." He glared at his son. "Do you understand Do-Kim Jongsoo."

"Y-yes mommy."

"Good!" Kyungsoo looked over at Sehan. "If he screws up, just tell me okay?"

Sehan chuckled a bit while he nodded. "I will."

"Sehan!" Jongsoo jumped and went over the coffee bar table, carefully not knocking over any cups or napkin dispensers. Once he placed his feet on the floor, he wrapped his arms around Sehan's neck. "I'll take good care of him!!"

"Jongsoo! Did you just jump over the coffee bar table?!" Kyungsoo's jaw drop. "Clean the table up right now! Your shoes are dirty!!"

"B-but mom --"

"Now." Kyungsoo turned over to Jongin, who was still recovering from his stomach being elbowed. "Tell him!"

"J-Jongsoo, your mom is during into a dragon…please so what he says."

Sehan chuckled; he turned his head and pecked Jongsoo on the cheek. "Go and do your work. I'll be here for the rest of the day." He smiled.

Jongsoo retrurned the smile and nodded. "Okay."

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Comment if you like~
Mistakes = I'm sorry ; A ;

This is an...ehhhhh-okay story.  ^^;;;;

I wasn't sure how to describe the coffee bar table. It looks like this...table with high chairs lol. I'm sure there is a name for it...and I'm just spacing out on the right term. LOL