numbers {JXXC}

EXO’s children short story collection

Notice about my 2 week break is now over(: Enjoy the chapter. 

I know that the next story would be Magic Dogs, but then over the 2 week hiatus, I thought of this story xD I'll do the Magic Dogs some other time.

[ Numbers ]
ft. Joonxing & Xiuchen

fluffy, high school school based

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Joonxing leaned back in his seat and started to cracked his neck. He just finished 4 pages of calculus problems, but for Joonxing, he didn't have any problems; math was something that he completely understands and enjoys. He started to close his notebook and textbook; he placed them on the side and looked across from him. One of his best friends, Xiuchen was working on his homework as well. Joonxing started to chuckle at the younger boy in front of him. Whenever he was in deep thought, he would stick out his tongue and tilt his head in the process.

"Do you need any help?"

Xiuchen looked up and stared at the older; he shook his head and smiled warmly at him. "Nope. I'm fine. Besides," Xiuchen lifted up the paper for the older to see. "Its English. And I know English isn't one of your strong subjects." He started to giggle, making the older blush.

"Even then, I could still help."

"I'm fine. Why don't you go and look for a book to read? We are in the library after all." Xiuchen started to gesture around him.

"Thats true." Joonxing said in agreement, but he shook his head. "But I don't want to get up."

Xiuchen chuckled. "You are lazy." He said as he continued to work on his English assignment.

"Is that your last assignment or…?"

Xiuchen shook his head. "I have stupid math."

Joonxing perked up. "I can help you with that."

"I was going to ask you anyway." Xiuchen giggled, which made Joonxing turn slightly pink. "Just wait…I still have a few English exercises to do."

Joonxing leaned back in his seat once again and stared at the younger in front of him. He started to think of how adorable he was with his rounded cheeks and his cute little antics. He hated the fact that people would call him chubby. He didn't find him to be chubby; instead of chubby, he thought of him as really huggable like a teddy bear and, soft and squishy. Joonxing's mind started to wander; he realized that this is last school year, him being a senior now and Xiuchen just being a mere sophomore. How days like this that Xiuchen was born in the same year as him, or vice versa.

While Joonxing was still thinking, he looked up once he heard Xiuchen close his notebook with one hand and bringing out his math textbook from his backpack.

"Okay…so I need help with…this one problem." Xiuchen started to say as he opened his textbook, searching for the right page.

Joonxing moved from his seat to sit next to Xiuchen. "Lemme see." He took the book from him at started to look over the problem.

"Oh this is easy. Can I have a pencil…or a pen?" Xiuchen nodded and took out his pencil pouch. He handed over the older a pencil and Joonxing started to explain.

After an hour has passed, Xiuchen slowly started to get it. While Xiuchen started to work on his math problems, Joonxing started to doodle on a piece of paper that Xiuchen gave him. He started to doodle a scorpion and a unicorn, soon he started to work on random math problems.

'Hm?' Joonxing stared at the problem that he wrote on the paper.

'9x-7i > 3 (3x-7u)'

He started to smile once he solved it. He turned over to Xiuchen and tapped his shoulder.

"Hm?" Xiuchen turned and looked at Joonxing. "Whats wrong?"

"Can you solve this?" Joonxing passed the paper towards Xiuchen. "It's easy."

Xiuchen looked at the paper and stared at it. "It looks hard…Can I do it later?" In which Joonxing shook his head.

"Do it right now. It's easy I promise."

The younger sighed. "Okay." He started to work on it, but he kept getting the wrong answer.

"One more time. I know that you can do it." Joonxing said with encouragement.

"But I keep getting the wrong answer. Can I just do it later?"

"N-no! One more time. I know you can do it."

Xiuchen sighed, but nodded. He started to work on the problem again.

"Divide that 7." Joonxing said as he looked over Xiuchen's shoulder.

"O-okay." Xiuchen did what he was told and divided the 7 to cancel them out and divided the 21 as well.

"It's 3…so --"

"Then," Joonxing started. "Flip the sign." In which the younger did." Now what does it say?"

"Hm. It says i < 3 u…I don't get it…why are there two letters? I'm confused." Xiuchen looked over at his best friend, only to be surprised when Joonxing gave him a peck on the lips. Once Joonxing pulled back, he smiled at the younger.

"It means 'I love you'. See," Joonxing pointed at the answer, " Solve for i…then the sign along with the 3…is a heart right?"

Xiuchen nodded.

"And the 'u' is pretty self explanatory."

"So…you love m-me?" He asked with a tinge of pink forming on his round cheeks.

Joonxing started to blush and lowered his head. He mumbled that he liked Xiuchen for a long time, but was just a little bit of a coward to say anything. In which Xiuchen smiled sweetly at the older; he leaned over and gave a quick peck on the cheek.

"That was sweet." Xiuchen lifted the paper up. "And this is new. I haven't seen this type of confession before." He turned over to the older. "And knowing you…you would have chosen math." Xiuchen started to giggle, making the older turn slightly red.

"I thought it was cute you know…" He said with a pout.

"I know. And I like it…thank you." Xiuchen leaned over once again and gave a kiss on Joonxing's lips.

"You never answered me though." Joonxing said as the both of them parted.

"Hm?"

"Do…do you feel the same way?"

Xiuchen rolled his eyes. "If I rejected you I wouldn't have kissed you."

"Oh…t-thats true." Joonxing said as he placed his index finger on his cheek. Xiuchen chuckled.

"Now…my dear boyfriend," Xiuchen started to say as he placed the math confession note on side and brought his math book towards him. "Can you help me with this? Fractions ." He said while pointing at the problem while displaying his best puppy eyes.

Joonxing chuckled and nodded. "Sure." He scooted closer and proceeded to help with Xiuchen.

'Maybe math doesn't as much.' Xiuchen thought as he smiled at his new boyfriend beside him.

"What?" Joonxing said as he raised his eyebrow. "Something on my face?"

"O-oh! Nothing. Just admiring." Xiuchen said with a smile on his face. "Please continue. I'm listening."

Joonxing chuckled. "Okay."

Through the whole afternoon, the new formed couple continued doing their assignments in the library.

"I love you." Joonxing said out of the blue, while watching Xiuchen worked on his math problem. Xiuchen smiled.

" ' i <3 u' "

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

math problem here [x]

This story...is okay xD ahhh...it sounded cute in my head ^^;; 

mistakes = im sorry ; 3 ;

comment if you like~