simple birthday at home {XIUCHEN}

EXO’s children short story collection

Simple birthday at home {XIUCHEN ft. Joonxing}

{ A simple and relaxing day for the birthday boy. }

>> FLUFFY, relaxing, sweet, BL, short fic <<

birthday fic for my bby *even-though-im-late-by-like-a-day-its-december-5th

happy holidays btw~

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

It was a chilly, December morning, and snow was falling from the grey skies of Seoul. It was December 5th, a normal day for some people, but it was a special day for a few. It was the birthday of Kim Xiuchen.

The blonde haired, Baozi rolled on the bed, laying his arm out. He fluttered his eyes open, trying to search for the body heat from last night. He blinked a couple of times, before slowly sitting up. “Hm?” He looked around, not seeing his boyfriend, Joonxing, in the room with him. Xiuchen checked the clock, seeing that it was 7:45 in the morning. He got out from the bed, and started to make his way downstairs.

Their shared house was a quaint, but perfect in Xiuchen’s opinion. He reached the last step, first heading in the living room, but no sign of his beloved. ‘Where is-- hm?’ The smell of ginger bread filled his nostrils. He then headed straight for the kitchen, smiling when he saw Joonxing making breakfast. The smell of gingerbread became more prominent, and he quietly made his way over to kitchen table. He sat down, placing his elbows on his table and covered his mouth with the hem of the sweatshirt he was wearing; he tighten his lips, not wanting to give off a laugh to give out his presence.

Joonxing hummed a tune as he flipped the pancake over. Being together with someone who enjoys cooking has its perks. His Angel of a boyfriend won his heart by actually making a delicious lunch box for him when the two were still in high school. Now 5 years later, and still strong, Xiuchen wouldn’t trade it for anything else in the world.

As the Angel turned around, he jumped a bit seeing his boyfriend sitting down on the kitchen table. “Oh, you are awake,” Joonxing smiled as he started to approach the table, “glad that you are here, I was just about to wake you...I just made breakfast.” He placed the plate in front of the other, “I made your favorite.” A, small, yet thick gingerbread flavored pancake, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup drizzled on top. On the side was fresh whip cream and two plump strawberries.

Xiuchen smiled as he leaned over giving his boyfriend a good morning kiss. “Thank you for breakfast.”

“Anything for the birthday boy. Just sit tight, I’m gunna make mine.” Joonxing headed back to the stove, and started to prepare his breakfast. “Go ahead and get started.” He said, giving the other a smile.

Xiuchen wanted to wait, so the two can eat together, but the delicious smell of the pancake was getting to him. “Thank you for the food.” He said, before grabbing his fork and cutting the pancake in half.

As he took his first bite, he hummed in satisfaction.

‘My boyfriend is the best!!’

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

After a while, Joonxing placed his breakfast down on the table, a plate of omurice with lots of ketchup drizzled over it and a plate of bread with a sunny side up egg on top. He sat down right across the other, smiling brightly.

“You like eggs, huh?” Xiuchen chuckled as he sliced another piece of his pancake.

“Love them a lot, you want some?”

“I’m good. Go for it.”

Joonxing cut his omurice and took a bite. “What would you like to do today?”

“Today?”

“Well, yeah. Your birthday, your day. We can...head over to the ice rink? You like skating a lot...wanna go there?”

“Hm, nah.” Xiuchen shook his head.

“Okay...hm, watch a movie?”

“Nothing is good.”

“What do you want to do? Just stay home?”

Xiuchen pursed his lips, liking the idea. Spending alone time with his boyfriend sounded relaxing. They could go to the living room, put on calming, holiday music on, and drink warm mocha, or even put up the holiday tree and decorate it. “I like that, staying home.” Another thought ran over Xiuchen’s mind. They could even bake cookies and decorate them. Times like these, he was happy that he was born in December.

“Sure, we can stay at home.”

“And put up the tree and decorate it? And make holiday shaped cookies?”

Joonxing laughed. “Sure, whatever you want. That actually sounds like a good idea. Yeah, okay, after we eat, I’ll get the plastic tree in.”

Xiuchen clapped, “yay!”

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Once they were finished, Joonxing brought in the plastic tree that was in a box from the garage in the house to be put together and decorated. Xiuchen helped, despite Joonxing telling him to just sit tight; he wanted to help as well.

The Angel got the parts out and started to assemble the tree, while Xiuchen opened the box that held the decorating ornaments, choosing which ones to use.

“Okay, almost done…” Joonxing said, who was standing on the step stool, connecting the top of the tree with the middle. “And there!” He said, making sure that it was tight and secured. He hopped off from the step stool, and landing perfectly on the carpet. “Now it is ready for decoration. While you do that, I’m gunna prepare the cookies --”

“No,” Xiuchen held up one of the ornaments, “held me decorate.” He puffed out his cheeks, “please?”

Joonxing smiled; he gently grabbed the ornament from the other’s hand. “Sure thing, Love.”

The Bazoi blushed at the nickname; he stood up and started to decorate the tree with Joonxing at tow. They started to put various decorations up, some of the classic, shiny, multi-colored, round ornaments, and some cute, designed ones from their local Japanese shop that was down the corner of their neighborhood.

Xiuchen stood on the step stool, and started to place some of the ornaments on top. Being short, Joonxing kept a close eye on his boyfriend, eyes like a hawk. Once Xiuchen was on his tippy toes, the more Joonxing started to be concerned. “Why don’t you let me handle the top ones…” He said, approaching the other. “You might fall --”

“I got it.” Xuchen said, “don’t worry about th--”

Just as expected from Joonxing, the other lost his footing, and started to fall backwards. Thankfully for him, he had boyfriend that knew what was about to happen. He caught him in the knick of time, wrapping his left arm around the other’s waist. To even add more to the angel effect, he picked up Xiuchen, carrying him like a bride.

“Told you that you might fall.” Joonxing nuzzled against Xiuchen’s soft hairs, “glad that I caught you in time.” He then gave a kiss on the other’s cheek.

It made the Baozi’s heart flutter; he gave a kiss in return. Joonxing placed him on the floor, and the two continued to decorate the tree, this time Joonxing taking the top half, while Xiuchen took care of the bottom.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

The tree was all decorated with ornaments and lights. It was really starting to look like Christmas. It was already past noon, and Joonxing decided that it would be best to eat lunch first. “We can bake the cookies tonight.”

“Hm...alright, fair enough. I wanna help you though with lunch.”

“But...it is your birthday. You don’t need to be help. Actually, you should be relaxing.”

“I know, but I wanna help.”

“You sure?”

“Absolutely!” Xiuchen placed his hands on his hips, "just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I just wanna laze around."

Joonxing hummed, knowing that Xiuchen wouldn’t let it go. He grabbed a small apron that Xiuchen bought for him on his birthday and handed it over to Xiuchen. “Wear this so you won’t get dirty.”

“Rodger.”

The Angel started to grab the ingredients for lunch, until Xiuchen suggested that instead of making lunch for themselves they make lunches for each other. Liking the idea, Joonxing agreed.

Being the expert cook in the house, Joonxing planned on making the exact lunch box that he made for Xiuchen when he first asked him to be his boyfriend, a blushing bunny bento. It was a simple lunch, in Joonxing’s opinion. He started making the eggs first, then later started cooking the shrimp and sprinkled bread crumbs over. Joonxing then started to making rice, one plain and the other batch colored pink; he then formed the bunny’s suit with the use of the pink colored rice. He continued, making small little nuggets, two slices of ham - wrapped - adding two small strawberries, slices of oranges on the side, and the small details. Instead of putting them in a bento, he placed them on the plate. He made sure that it looked perfect before placing a cover on top, so Xiuchen wouldn’t see.

As for the Baozi, his was more on the actual simple side. With his mind invested in what he was making, he didn’t even know what his boyfriend made for him. In Xiuchen’s best abilities, he made two, peanut, butter, and jelly, bear shaped sandwiches, with little decoration toothpicks pinned on the top of their heads. Two simple nuggets, three, sliced, baby hot dogs, and tangerine slices, accompanied with grapes. Xiuchen started to feel bad when he stared at his completed lunch; his was so simple, and he was sure that his boyfriend made something great.

Unlike this boyfriend, he found one of their many bento lunch boxes in their cabinets, and decided to place it inside. He closed the top, now feeling embarrassed.

“Ready?” Joonxing asked, in which Xiuchen nodded hesitantly.

The two started to head over to the kitchen table, and both sat down. Joonxing was clearly excited, while the other a bit hesitant. The Angel revealed his lunch for Xiuchen, in which he was surprised in seeing. He remembered it clearly, just like those years ago. “That...that is the lunch you made me right? When you asked me --”

“Yep. When I asked you to, well, be my boyfriend.” He gently pushed the plate in front of the other. “It has been a while since I made this, but I remember it well.” He gave an angelic smile towards Xiuchen. “Thank you for accepting to be with me. You could have been with anyone honestly...like Byungwoo or Muyeol...remember them?”

“I do, but they weren’t really my style.” Xiuchen chuckled, “you were definitely my style.” Xiuchen leaned over, pulling the plate closer to him. “Hm, here is mine...mine isn’t so...awesome as yours to be honest.” He chuckled. “Lets be honest...I can’t cook as well as you.” He opened his, showing Joonxing the adorable lunch bento that was made specifically for him. Even if Xiuchen didn’t think that it was all that great, it was amazing in Joonxing’s eyes.

“I love it.” He picked up one of the bear shaped sandwich, and took a bite.

“R-Really?”

He nodded. “Yeah. It is perfect!”

“But it is a simple sandwich…even a child can make that.”

“I know, but knowing you made it, it is extra special.”

Xiuchen lowered his head, not wanting the other to see his blush that was forming on his face. “So cheesy…” he mumbled, but it just made Joonxing laugh.

The two started to eat, enjoying their lunches that they made for each other.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

After lunch, Joonxing prepared some hot chocolate for the other, while he himself made mocha. They sat in the living room, just to relax themselves a bit; Xiuchen on the couch, while Joonxing sat on the floor, resting his back against it.

It was quiet, but neither mind the quietness. A thought ran over Joonxing’s mind. He looked up at Xiuchen, who was currently sipping his cup. “Xiuchen…”

“Hm?”

“Why did you tell me yesterday that you didn’t want a gift?”

“Hm, well, it is true. I didn’t really anything. I already have an awesome gift.”

“Hu?”

“It’s you,” he gently flicked the other on the head, “you are a great gift to me...and I really wouldn’t ask for anything else in the world.”

It warmed Joonxing’s heart on what Xiuchen said, but he still felt that he should give that one special gift on his boyfriend’s birthday.

The Baozi got off from the couch, and sat right in between Joonxing’s legs, now resting his back against the other’s chest. The Angel didn’t mind; he wrapped his free arm around Xiuchen’s waist, hugging him tightly.

“Today was a good day,” Xiuchen nodded his head, “it was simple like I wanted.” He started to sip his cup.

“It was. But also productive,” he gestured the tree, “we finally put up the tree and made it all pretty...and we made lunch.”

“Even though my lunch was so simple.” Xiuchen mumbled, sipping on his drink. Joonxing chuckled, giving the other a peck on the head.

“Simple, but it was made out of your love.”

Xiuchen turned around, and pinched Joonxing on the cheek, The two continued to talk about the most random things up ‘till 7 at night. Eventually, Xiuchen started to feel sleepy. It wasn’t then that Xiuchen snuggled against the other, and started to drift off to sleep. Joonxing continued to hold onto him, smiling down at his sleeping face. He gently poked Xiuchen on the cheek with his ring finger, but alas, he was in a deep sleep. He continued to poke his soft cheek, but still no reaction from the other.

‘So soft,’ Joonxing thought, ‘like a marshmallow!’ He glanced at the clock, seeing that it was close to 7:30pm. ‘So much for making dinner...and the cookies, but I like this better.’ Joonxing slightly leaned over to the right, still holding onto Xiuchen, reaching in his pocket. He took out a small box, and with the best of his abilities, opened it. Even though his boyfriend specifically said ‘no gifts’ on his birthday, he was sure that this gift would make an exception.

There, inside the box, was a beautiful, radiant cut, zircon colored ring, perfect in every way, just like his Baozi. He took the ring, and slipped it right on Xiuchen’s left, ringer finger, happy to know that the ring fitted perfectly. He was going to ask him the most important question, that would basically set their future of their relationship, but he just couldn’t bring it upon himself to wake up the other from his sleeping state. Instead, he cuddled the baby Baozi.

‘I’ll just ask him later...’ He took Xiuchen’s hand with the ring, and kissed his fingers before kissing his lips, then his cheek.

Joonxing slowly fell asleep, with his 'hope to be' and 'soon to be' in his arms.

December is truly his favorite month, and five is truly his favorite number.

It was the say that Kim Xiuchen was born.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Le end

short and sweet.

Any mistakes, im sorry about those.

NOTE(S):

cr: [x] ~ Xiuchen's breakfast

I couldn't put the images here, so here are the links instead....they are sooooo cute!!!

  1. cr: [x] ~ Xiuchen's lunch, made by Joonxing
  2. cr: [x] ~ Joonxing's lunch, made by Xiuchen

Korean masculine name list [x]

cr: [x]