a beautiful explanation {JSSH}

EXO’s children short story collection

A Beautiful Explanation

ft. Jongsoo & Sehan

boyxboy

fluffy & slight comedy

inspired by: a post from tumblr (at the bottom)

 

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Jongsoo and Sehan were waiting at a nearby park for their friends; today was the day that they will be going to the new international art museum that just opened up in the area. Unfortunately, Sehan’s patience was now getting thin.

"Where are they? They should have been here already." Sehan said with an irritated tone. He looked at his watch and it was already 20 minutes passed their meet up time.

"I dunno. Maybe they are just running a bit late." Jongsoo replied as he stretched a bit and placed his arm over Sehan's shoulder. True, the boys were already in a 2 year relationship and it took years for Sehan to accept Jongsoo's love. Still, Sehan was still slightly shy and found the little acts that Jongsoo does to be somewhat embarrassing, but he tries his best to show the same affection towards Jongsoo as he does to him.

"Maybe...they went ahead?" Jongsoo said as he looked at older boy beside him. "They probably did."

"Oh?" Sehan tapped his cheek. "I guess. That could explain the tardiness."

In truth, Jongsoo asked his friends yesterday if it would be alright to take Sehan to the museum, with just the two of them. They asked why, but Jongsoo told them they would know soon enough. Not wanting to question him, they all agreed not to meet up the next day.

"Should we just go and see if they are there?"

Sehan looked at the younger and slowly nodded. "Sure. They might be there." Sehan stood up, with Jongsoo following his act. They proceeded to walk towards the museum; Jongsoo glanced down at Sehan's hand and quickly grabbed it with his, intertwining them in the process. Sehan turned a tinge of pink, while Jongsoo chuckled. He raised Sehan's hand up to his lips and gave it a kiss.

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Once they reached the museum, the paid for their ticket and walked inside. There weren’t much people today, but Sehan and Jongsoo didn't mind. They started to walk around, looking at the sculptures made by the Greeks, some paintings made by Japanese during the Heian period, and even some weaved baskets. After walking for quite awhile, they decided to take a rest and eat at the indoor cafe.

"Welcome to B2UTY cafe! My name is Yoseob and what can I get you guys today?" He said with a bright smile on his face.

"Ah...I would like a piece of this Battehnberg cake please." Jongsoo said. "What about you Sehan?"

"Hm, I...would like to have a piece of this please. The mille-feuille. Oh, and can I have a cup of hot chocolate please?"

Yoseob nodded while he wrote down the desserts on his note pad.

"Oh actually, I'll have hot chocolate too." Jongsoo quickly added in.

"Sure, no problem." Yoseob smiled. "I'll be back with your drinks and desserts." With that, he left to the kitchen.

"This is cute." Sehan complemented on the cafe. "Feels cozy and warm." Jongsoo nodded. "I wonder where the guys are though."

"Huh?"

"I mean, we haven’t seen them at all while we were here."

"Hm, well, there are two stories...maybe they are on the top floor." Jongsoo pointed out.

"Or maybe they just dissed us!" Sehan puffed his cheeks. "That is just rude!"

Jongsoo chuckled. "I don’t think --"

"They should've told us you know." He started to cross his arms, pouting at the boy in front of him. "Right?"

"I-I guess? B-but anyway, they might have a good reason why they didn’t show up."

"They better." He turned to look out the window, watching the people in the museum, walking and talking with each other. Jongsoo stared at the boy in front of him and smiled.

After awhile, Yoseob came out with their desserts and drinks. "Enjoy guys and here is the check. Have a nice day!" He bowed and returned back to the kitchen.

The couple ate their cakes and drank their drinks.

"That was so good!!" Sehan cupped his cheeks. "That was the best cake ever!" He looked up and Jongsoo ended up chuckling. “What?”

“You have some.” Jongsoo motioned his mouth. “A little something there.”

“I do?” Sehan grabbed his napkin and started to wipe his mouth. “How about now?”

“Perfect.” Jongsoo said while he grabbed his cup of hot chocolate. “So, you ready to go?”

Sehan pondered for a minute, and then shook his head. “Let’s rest a bit. Can we?”

Jongsoo nodded. “Sure. Anything for you.” Sehan started to blush and looked down at his cup.

It was silent between them; the noises that could be heard was the from the people walking in and out of the café as well as the soft music playing.

“So,” Jongsoo started to say as he tapped his cup. “Um…yeah.”

Sehan chuckled. “You don’t need to say anything you know. Silence is sometimes good.”

“I know…but it’s just awkward.”

“Would you feel better if we talked?”

Jongsoo nodded. “A bit.”

“Alright then.” Sehan adjusted himself in his seat. “What would you like to talk about?” He crossed his legs and leaned back in his seat.

“Uh…I’m not sure now.” Jongsoo chuckled a bit, making Sehan chuckle himself. “How about we just go and walk around some more?”

“Fine.” Sehan got up from his seat and dusted off his jeans. “Let’s go.”

Jongsoo quickly got up. “There is another painting section upstairs. Can we go?” Sehan smiled and nodded.

“Sure.”

As they were walking out, Sehan decided to be foreword for a change and intertwined his fingers with Jongsoo’s. He slightly blushed, since it was usually Jongsoo being the most foreword on in the relationship; Jongsoo was caught by surprised, but smiled. He squeezed their hands together and continued to walk to the upstairs part of the museum.

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Once they reached the painting section, they started to look around, admiring the paintings. There was one that caught Sehan’s attention.

“This one is interesting.” He pointed at the painting that was showing two hands, formed in a somewhat meditating posture, with the left hand, having a ring on his fourth finger. Jongsoo turned to face the painting that Sehan was looking at.

“Oh that one? I’ve seen that one before at a different museum. I guess they moved it here.”

Sehan turned to the younger. “You know this painting?” Jongsoo nodded.

“Yeah. It’s my favorite.”

Sehan looked back at the painting and titled his head. “Um…it's interesting...but I don't quite understand the meaning behind it.”

“Want me to explain it to you?”

“Sure. I guess.”

Jongsoo grabbed Sehan’s hand and they walked closer to the painting. “Have you ever wondered why the wedding ring is on the fourth finger?”

Sehan blushed a bit, but shook his head. “I actually don’t know.”

Jongsoo chuckled. “Really now. I thought you were smart Sehan.” He chuckled some more, but earned himself a slap on the shoulder by the older.

“I’m smart! Just…just tell me what the meaning behind this.” Sehan motioned the painting in front of them.

“Alright then.” Jongsoo said as he rubbed his shoulder. “Anyway, from what I read, the Chinese gave a beautiful explanation.”

“Which was…?” Sehan asked, seeming to get annoyed.

“Relax…I’m getting there.” He raised his left hand and pointed at his thumb with his right hand. “The thumb represents your parents.” He moved to his index. “The index finger represents your siblings, the middle is yourself, the ring is your life partner, and lastly, the last finger…the pinky, represents your children. Now,” Jongsoo placed both his hands together. “Do this with me.”

Sehan nodded and did what Jongsoo told him to do.

“Join your middle fingers…back to back, like this.” Jongsoo bended his middle fingers so they were now back to back. “And make the rest of your fingers, tip to tip.” Sehan followed what his boyfriend was telling him to do, but furrowed his brow.

“Jongsoo…this better not be some sort of prank.”

Jongsoo chuckled and shook his head. “I promise its not. So anyway, try and separate your thumb.” Sehan did, in which he was able to. “Good. Remember what the thumbs represent?”

Sehan nodded. “Parents.”

Jongsoo nodded. “Right. That means they will separate because your parents are not destined to live with you forever.”

“Oh…that makes sense.” Sehan said while looking at his thumbs separating and connecting them together.

“Okay, rejoin your thumbs and do the same with your index. Now why do you think the index fingers can separate?”

“Because…because siblings will eventually leave?”

“That and siblings will have their own families and lead their own lives. Rejoin them and do the same with your pinkies.”

Sehan did what he was told. “And these mean that the children will eventually leave right? Because they will grow up and get married…start their own lives and settle down.”

Jongsoo nodded. “That’s right. Rejoin them…now…try and separate your ring finger.”

Sehan did, thinking that it would be simple like the others, but realized that it was difficult to separate them. “I…I can’t.” He looked up at the younger. “They won’t separate.”

Jongsoo slowly smiled. “There is a reason for that.” He came closer and held Sehan’s wrists. “They will not be able to separate because your life partner is meant to be with you throughout your entire life, through thick and thin.”

Sehan started to feel a little heat coming upon his cheeks. “I-is that so.”

Jongsoo chuckled. “Yup. That is why,” He took Sehan’s hand and kissed his hand. “The ring is always on the fourth finger.” He placed his hand in his pocket and took out a ring and slipped it on Sehan’s ring finger.

“W-what is --”

“I love you.” Jongsoo smiled at him.

“Y-you are asking…you are asking me --”

“That’s right...will you marry me?”

Sehan’s eyes started to water and started to rub his eyes. Jongsoo chuckled and went closer to Sehan and gave him a tight hug. Sehan did the same and wrapped his arms around the younger, still crying against Jongsoo’s chest. Jongsoo Sehan’s head; he tilted his head so he could see Sehan’s face.

“So? You have an answer? I will understand…if you think this is going too fast. I just want to let you know…I am…ready to have a life with you.” He said as he mumbles the last part against Sehan’s head. “I can’t even imagine my life without you.” Jongsoo sighed. “And I know that I am not…the most smartest…and I tend to be way too dorky…I mean, you could do better --”

Sehan pulled back and wiped his eyes with the back of his sleeve. “I could do better.”

Jongsoo felt his world tumbling, but held back his sad expression. Instead he gave a smile. “I understand.” He pulled back. “I hope…who ever you end up with…will provide you with everything that you wanted. He better treat you right because if he doesn’t, just tell me straight --”

Sehan was able to shut him up, but pulling him close for a kiss. He pulled back and cupped on Jongsoo’s cheeks.

“I could do better, but I would be losing the greatest person in my life…which is you.” He said as he poked Jongsoo on the head. The younger blushed, but quickly smiled.

“So…”

“It’s a yes.”

Jongsoo felt his heart leap out for joy. He grabbed Sehan and swung him around.

“H-hey put me down! Jongsoo! People are s-staring!” Sehan stammered, but Jongsoo didn’t seem to care. Once he was down swinging him around he placed him back down on the ground and gave a passionate kiss. He pulled back and rested his forehead on Sehan’s.

“I love you.”

Sehan smiled. “I love you too.”

Meanwhile, behind the columns, 4 males were peaking through watching the couple smile at each other.

“So this is why Jongsoo told us not to come.” Xiuchen said while munching on his cookie.

“He proposed!” Baekyeol clapped, but Yitao quickly covered his mouth.

“Shh! They might hear you!”

“He is right.” Joonxing said. “He gave us orders not to be here today.”

“And yet you guys are here.”

The 4 of them jumped and looked up instead at each other.

“J-Jongsoo.” Yitao stammered. “Dang man...you mean this museum? I thought you said the one in the other city is the one...um...I...erm, h-how is it going?”

Jongsoo gave an irritated look, but quickly replaced it with a smile. “It is going well actually.” He placed his hand around Sehan’s waist. “Well, since you guys are all here and know what I did…lets enjoy the museum hm?”

“Alright!” Xiuchen finished off his cookie and held onto Joonxing’s hand with his other.

The 6 of them started to walk around the museum, with Jongsoo and Sehan behind them. Sehan turned to look up at Jongsoo and tugged onto his shirt. The younger looked down.

“Yes?”

“I love you.”

Jongsoo smiled and leaned in for a kiss. He pulled back and snuggled head with Sehan’s.

“I love you too. And I cant wait to see you in a dress!”

Sehan slapped Jongsoo on the chest. “Jongsoo!! ert!!” Sehan puffed his cheeks and stomped his way to be with the others.

“I’m sorry!! Wait…Sehan! Come back my love!!”

--- (JONGSOO) --- (JSSH) --- (SEHAN) ---

Photo (but I said painting):

"Why the wedding ring is worn on the fourth finger: The Chinese give a beautiful explanation to this. The thumb represents your parents. The index finger represents your siblings. The middle finger represents yourself. The ring finger represents your life partner. The little finger/pinky represents your children. Hold your hands together like the picture. Join your middle fingers back-to-back, and the remaining fingers tip-to-tip. Now, try to separate your thumbs. They will separate because your parents are not destined to live with you forever. Rejoin your thumbs and separate your index fingers. They will separate because your siblings will have their own families and lead their own lives. Rejoin your index fingers and separate your little fingers/pinkies. They will separate because your children will grow up, get married, and settle down. Rejoin your little fingers/pinkies and try to separate your ring finger. They will not be able to separate because your life partner is meant to be with you throughout your entire life, through thick and thin."

 

I thought that this post was just interesting in my opinion. I never thought it that way ^^ Plus, I couldnt help but write something about it.

Mistakes = i'm sorry

comment if you like~