pure as snow {JXXC}

EXO’s children short story collection

Pure as Snow
ft. Joonxing & Xiuchen
boyxboy, slight comedy, fluffy, fantasy, & sad

WARNING: language 

I realized that the title does not reflect much on the story…or about the story…if that made any sense…hm, my bad…but i hope that you will enjoy the short story anyway.

Very long too...sorry about that.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"So nice out!" The 16 year old, red-brown haired boy, Joonxing, said as he looked up at the sky. It was chilly, yet warm outside. Winter was soon approaching and the teen made his way to the next town over to make some trade and gather some supplies; in case the winter storm has decided to take its anger out on the people. Joonxing tightly held onto his fur coat as he made his way to the slightly snowy forest. He looked at his contents that were in his messenger bag.

'1…2…3…hm, 3 small jars of sugar…honey….'

He sighed. It was that time again. The time to give gifts to the gods by presenting them at the shrine that was located in the forest of their town. The small town that he lived in heavily believed in various deities. In particular, they believed in the god of winter and the god of lighting since they lived in a snowy part of the area and as well as the one where lighting can be heard, always during the winter season. To have the gods on their good side, they offer presents to make them happy. Joonxing was the type of person that doesn't believe in such of thing. He thinks that they were just part of a fairytale that the council decided to tell, even though they kept on saying how it was passed down from generation to generation.

Joonxing admired his surroundings and inhaled the fresh air; he looked to his right when he saw an elderly lady walking. He gasped at the elderly lady when she fell foreword onto her knees.

'Oh!' Joonxing ran towards her and helped her up.

"T-thank you."

The teenage boy smiled and nodded; he bent down to gather the items that the elderly lady dropped. Once he turned around to hand her the items, he noticed a burn imprint of an eye with a crown as the pupil on her wrist; immediately, he knew who she was. People around their area who have that kind of imprint are known as the Bridge, people who claim to have clairvoyant abilities and are mediators between the humans and the gods. That is at least what the council in his small town says.

"You're a Bridge."

The elderly lady nodded and took the items that the teenage male was holding at her. With a slight brush from their fingers, the elderly lady gasped as she started to peer into the future. Within seconds, she looked up at the boy, who in returned gave her a worried expression.

"Are you okay?"

"I…I…y-yes I am." She tucked the items in her bag.

"Okay. Um, I'll be going now." He stepped aside and started to walk, but the Bridge grasped his wrist.

"P-please be careful young man. The future for you is very…dark."

Joonxing raised his brow up in confusion. "Um…sure…sure I will be careful."

With that, the elderly lady released her grip and backed away. She turned and started to head through the forest. 

'What a weird lady.' He shrugged it off and started to head back to his small town.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Oh, Joonxing, welcome home." Joonxing smiled at his mother, Suho. "Can you do me one tiny favor please?" He said as he clasped his hands together.

"Sure." The teen said, placing the jars on the table.

"Can you bring this to the shrine please?"

"Oh god…why can't dad do it?"

"Hm, I would, but he is busy minding the store right now. Please?" Suho grabbed the small plate filled with their town's favorite various sweets, glutinous rice pounded into paste and molded into 3 snowflake shapes and 3 scorpion shaped ones, presumably filled with strawberry, sweet plum, and chestnut filling. "It just takes 10 minutes to get there from here."

Joonxing sighed. "Fine." He grabbed the plate from his mother's hands. Suho gave his son a sweet smile and pecked his head.

"Thank you. Now run along. By the time you get home, I'll have food ready."

The teen nodded and headed out, to the snowy forest, where the shrine is located.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Whew." Joonxing reached the shrine and placed the plate of sweets on the table. He rolled his eyes, remembering that his mother and father always reminded him to pray at the shrine. 'Whatever.' "Things like this, things like that." He clapped his hands together and started to head out. He decided to take this time, not really wanting to go home immediately, he thought that he could roam around a bit.

Joonxing, instead of walking on the same path that he took to the shrine, decided to take a different route. He took his time and admired the scenery before him. The teen came to a stop when he saw a clearing with a slightly large rounded pond in the middle just a few feet away. Behind it, a snowy mountain, just about 20  yards away from the placement of the pond.

'Odd.' He furrowed his brow and started to approach the clearing. 'This is new…or was it always here?' Joonxing shook his head, but decided to investigate the area. 'This is nice. So serene…I should come here -- Holy jeez!!' His eyes widen when he saw a child floating in the chilly pond.

"Oh my god!" He rushed the pond, taking his jacket in the off in the process. Joonxing jumped in the pond, ignoring the cold feeling his skin was making contact with. "Hey kid! Hey!" Once he approached the child, he tried to pat the child's cheeks, to get any reaction from child, but nothing came. 'Damn it!' He made his way out of the pond, carrying the child in his arms. "Jeez!" He got his jacket and started to wrap the child.

"Hey kid! Wake up!"

The child was still lifeless.

"Come on. Wake up." He wiped away the child's damp hair away from the eyes. He continued to dab the child, getting rid of the wetness with his jacket. Joonxing furrowed his brow when he saw the attire of the child. To him, it was quite strange; the child was wearing an ivory color muslin nightgown with puffy short sleeves and a bow tied in the middle, just below the sternum of the child. The child's ankles contain ankle bracelets with the left side a brandels blue color and the other side a naples yellow color.

'Is this child crazy?!'

He couldn't believe that the child was wearing such a thing during a season like this. 'It's winter for god sakes!'

He placed his hand on the child's heart to feel any beating; he sighed in relief when he felt a beat, but it was faint.

'Oh !' He quickly retracted his hand away; realizing that he placed his hand over the child's chest.

'I just touched a girl's chest! Oh god I'm a freak!! What the hell is wrong with you Joonxing?!' He started to panic, but noticed one thing. 'That was a really flat chest though…but this is a child…she…or he? Didn't hit puberty yet…so…so I'm okay? N-no! I still touched a child!!'

While he was having a panic moment, the child stirred a bit in his arms. Joonxing looked down and smiled.

"You're awake."

The child turned their head to face the teenage boy.

'Whoa…such pale blue eyes…alice blue.'

The child continued to stare; instead of thanking the teen, the child glared .

"Why did you do that?!" The child yelled at the older.

"Wha? Hey kid, you are the one that was floating in the pond over there! Why are you even there?! And why are you wearing such a thing at this time of season?! Are you asking to get sick?!"

The child continued to glare; he pushed himself off of Joonxing's arms, with the jacket still wrapped over his shoulders. "You stupid person!" The child said before stomping away, leaving a confused teen behind. Joonxing puffed his cheeks. 'How dare the child say that to me!!' "You are the one who is stupid!" He yelled back at the child before he stomped away himself, crossing his arms in the process.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Yo! Joonxing! Joonxing!!" The teen turned to see his older best friend, Sehan, walking up to him. "Whats wrong? You look pissed off."

"Nope. I'm perfectly fine." He gritted his teeth, making Sehan chuckle a bit.

"Oh, I believe you. Did you take the sweets to the shrine yet?"

"Yeah…just did." He sighed out. "Gods don't exist…why are we even doing this." He earned himself a slap on the shoulder from the older. "Ow! Hey!"

"Don't say that or the god of winter and the god of lighting might strike at you and your family."

"Whatever." Joonxing waved off what the older said. "Anyway, I better get home. See you later okay?"

Sehan nodded. "Okay…bye."

With that the two of them went their separate ways. Joonxing continued to ponder about the child. 'Why is she…or he…there in the first place?' He clicked his tongue. 'Weird too. Plus…he didn't look like he was suffering as much.' The teen continued to walk when he realized that he gave his coat to the child. 'Freakin'!! Gah!!' He stomped his way back to his home. "Mom is going to be angry with me." Joonxing whispered to himself.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Joonxing…"

"I'm sorry mom!" He clasped his hands together, begging his mother's forgiveness. "I forgot it okay…I'll find it tomorrow!"

Suho shook his head, but sighed. "Okay…but don't forget about it okay. It was a nice coat."

Joonxing nodded. "I won't…promise."

Soon, the door opened revealing a tired man, rubbing his right eye with his hand. "Dad." Joonxing made his way to his father and grabbed his books and bag from his hands.

"Thank you Joonxing."

"I'll make some tea." Suho said, making his way to the kitchen.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

The next day, Joonxing went out to find his fur coat. He brought his messenger back and packed some food, incase he has to be in the forest for a while, at least he has some food to munch on.

"Okay…so this way…right? Or this…way, damn it! I forgot!" He scratched his head. "Why am I forgetting?! This way right? N-no…crap! I should have paid attention more where I was going yesterday!"

He continued to walk, when he heard soft crying. Curious, he followed the sound; getting closer, he realized he was approaching a familiar clearing.

'I…I found it!'

He smiled, but quickly frowned when he saw a familiar child. Joonxing tilted his head; he felt bad for the child crying. With a sigh, we went towards the clearing to the child.

"H-hey…kid."

The child quickly looked up and frowned. "You." The child said with an angry tone. "Why are you here."

Joonxing frowned. "I just wanted my coat back. Didn't your parents ever tell you to respect those that are older than you?" The teen was slightly disappointed at the child's parents. 'What kind of parents does this kid have? Not respecting those that are older than you? Jeez!'

"My mommy and daddy say that people should be the ones respecting me!"

"What? What the hel-- I mean, what the heck are you talking about?! A kid like you should be giving me respect."

The child shook his head and clutched to Joonxing's coat. "No. No. No!"

"Look, kid --"

"My name is Xiuchen for your information."

"Xiuchen okay…look Xiuchen, can I have my coat back? It's mine you know." Joonxing approached and knelt down once he was close to the child. Xiuchen pulled back and shook his head.

"No! Why did you hurt a poor animal?!" He glared at the teen. "I'm not giving you the coat back!"

"Hurt? I didn't hurt any animal."

"Yes you did!" He pointed at the coat. "You killed lots of rabbits to make this didn't you?" He covered his round face with the coat. "I can hear them crying." He said softly. "You're a meanie!"

Joonxing was taken back. "I…I…It was a gift to me. I didn't kill any --" He was caught off when the child cried. 'Jeez.' The teen stepped closer and patted the child's head. "There…there…I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean to kill the rabbits…to make the…um, coat."

"You won't do it again?" Xiuchen looked up with such round eyes. "Right?"

The teen nodded. "I promise."

The child sighed in relief and placed the coat on his lap. "Okay."

"So…can I have my coat back?"

Xiuchen hesitated, but slowly gave the coat back. "Just don't kill anymore animals okay. They cry you know when you do that." He pouted a bit. The teen chuckled and nodded his head. He took the coat from the child's hand; he was about to leave, but stopped once he glanced at the child's icy blue eyes. 'So…mesmerizing.'

"What are you looking at?"

"Ah…erm, y-your eyes…are really pretty."

"Oh?" Xiuchen placed his hands on his plumped cheeks. "You think so?"

"Y-yeah. They are different…I mean, they are beautiful, but they are a color that I haven't seen on a person before…so…yeah." He said as shifted a bit.

Xiuchen stared at the teen, but gave him a smile. "Thank you. I sometimes hate my eyes. I detest the color and everything." He said softly.

"Oh? You shouldn't say that. They are pretty." He gave the child an angelic smile. Xiuchen  slightly blushed and looked down, holding tightly on his nightgown. Joonxing raised his eye brow; he still wondered why the child was wearing such a thing.

"Aren't you cold?"

"Huh?"

"I asked if you are cold. You are just wearing a nightgown and your skin is being way too exposed to the cold air. You're going to get frost bites."

The child shook their head. "I'm not cold."

"B-but…," The teen sighed. "Okay…then. If you say so." He glanced at the child, who was playing with the snow. 'Crazy girl. Oh! Wait…is the child even a girl? Or a boy? Should I ask? But that seems…rude.' He studied the child's face, to see if he could figure out himself if the child was female or male. Such pretty eyes, with long eyelashes, making it even more beautiful than it should be, milky white skin, plumped cheeks, soft pink lips, and jet black short hair. Joonxing grew frustrated.

'Okay…I don't even know anymore. She or he could be a girl or a pretty boy.'

"Are you okay?" The child asked with concern in their voice.

'Even her…or his voice sounds so soft! What the heck!'

"I'm a boy."

"Wha…wait, how did you know --"

"You had this look on your face. As if you were studying me…or trying to figure out if I am a boy or a girl. I'm a boy just so you know." He stood up, dusting his nightgown. "You want to see --"

"N-no! No, just please sit back down!" The teen blushed at what the child was going to do. Xiuchen shrugged and sat back down on the snow and stared back at the older. "H-here. You can sit here you know." He took his jacket and placed it on the snow. "I'll dry it later. Sit here." He patted a spot next to him. The child tilted his head, but nodded; he sat next to the older, continuing to stare at him. Joonxing started to grow uncomfortable; he looked into his messenger bag and grabbed a sandwich and some candy that he got from the next town over.

"You want something to eat? I have candy…and we can split this sandwich." He started to split the sandwich into two. "Here…I'm guessing you are hungry."

The young boy's eyes widen. "Y-you're giving me that?"

"Yeah, sure why not you know." He placed the sandwich on the child's small hands. "You're a growing boy. You need to eat." Joonxing bit from his half of the sandwich. Xiuchen watched as the other ate; he looked at his sandwich and mimicked what the older did.

"Its…good." He said softly, making the other chuckle. The two continued to eat and they chatted for a bit. The young child giggled, making the older smile. 'Better than having a cranky child with me.' The teen looked up and realized it was getting dark. 'Wow…time flies.' He looked back at Xiuchen, who smiled back at him.

"I have to get going now."

The young child frowned. "Why?"

"Its getting dark." He stood up, dusting his pants. "I should get home…and you should too. Your parents must be worried sick about you. I'll take you home ok --"

"No! T-thats okay. I can get home by myself."

Joonxing chuckled. "Yeah, right. I can't let a child roam in the forest by himself. Plus, what would happen if you get injured or attacked. Big brother Joonxing will you." He smiled at the younger.

"No. I'll be okay. Trust me." Xiuchen stood up and smoothed out his nightgown.

"But --"

"Will I see you again?" The young boy asked, interrupting the other.

"What?"

"Will I see you again?"

Joonxing was surprised that the young boy wanted to see him again; he smiled. "Sure. Tomorrow."

Xiuchen smiled. "Promise okay?"

"I pro -- hey!" Before he could finish, the young boy ran out from the clearing, giggling his way out. Joonxing sighed and shook his head.

"Be careful." He said softly to himself. With that, he gathered his stuff and started to head back home.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiuchen ran fast as he could, having a big smile on his face. 'I made a friend! I made a friend! I made a -- oof!' The young boy fell backwards on the snow. He looked up and saw that it was Jongsoo and Yitao, his teachers that his parents hired for him.

"Xiuchen! There you are!" Yitao said, kneeling down, cupping the child's cheeks. "Where were you? We couldn't sense you at all!"

The young boy pouted. "I'm fine." He pushed his teacher's hand away from his cheeks.

"Your parents are worried sick…leaving the house for two days straight." Jongsoo pointed out. "Xiuchen…and you know the rules, you can't go around and interact with those humans. You are a --"

"A god I know. I know." Xiuchen huffed out.

"Not just any god, but the child of the god of winter and the god of lighting, royals in the god world, you are prince, one of the most important people in our world and if something happens…hell breaks loose." He sighed. "You have to be careful. If those people find out that you are a god, you know what they will do to you." Jongsoo pointed out as he crossed his arms.

"Please…they won't even know." Xiuchen stood up, dusting himself.

"That guy knows." Yitao said with a low tone. "He saw your eyes." He placed his hand on Xiuchen chin, lifting his head up to stare at his eyes. "You didn't change them."

""Cause I didn't want to. Plus, he said my eyes were pretty and he doesn't know that I am a god anyway. Just some kid."

Yitao huffed. "Well, lets get going. Your parents are worried sick."

"Why did you guys come and not the royal guards?"

"Because we knew that you wouldn't listen to them. You would cry and whine." Jongsoo chuckled, earning himself a punch from the younger. "You know for a kid that looks like a 10 year old, you pack a mean punch."

"Whatever." Xiuchen continued to walk, huffing a bit. His mind wandered to his new found friend. He slightly blushed at the memory of him smiling at him. It was sweet and angelic in his opinion. He giggled a bit, making the two look at him.

"Why are you giggling?" Yitao asked, raising his eyebrow at the younger.

"Nothing." Xiuchen grinned at the other as he continued to walk with the two.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

As promised, Joonxing went back to meet with the young boy. Days upon days, he has been going back and talk with the younger. Thankfully, there were no winter storms, or lighting strikes; it was a good year.

"Its nice day again." Joonxing said as he laid on his back on the jacket, stretching a bit, enjoying the sun, yet chilly weather. "How are you?" The teen glanced over the young boy, who nodded back at him.

"I'm well." He smiled back at the older. "How are you?"

"Tired." He laughed. "My dad needed help today at the store that he manages. So," He yawned a bit before resuming back to what he said. "So, I had to wake up early today." He chuckled.

"Then you should take a nap." He patted the older on the head. "Sleep is good."

"Sleep is good." He glanced up at Xiuchen. "You don't mind if I take a nap?"

"No," He shook his head. "Please, go ahead."

"Thanks." He smiled, giving Xiuchen a slight blush on his cheeks. The teen sighed and laid in his head on the jacket. The young boy situated himself and placed Joonxing's head on his lap, his hair in the process.

"What are you doing?" The teen asked, making the younger flinch a bit.

"J-just making you sleep faster, I-I heard that hu--I mean, people…people, go to sleep faster when someone on the person's head. Its suppose to be relaxing."

"Oh…okay then." He nuzzled his face the child's lap. Within minutes, the teen fell asleep. Xiuchen smiled and continued to on the older's head.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

It was another day and Joonxing came running through the forest; he was going to meet up with the young boy, but was stuck helping out with Sehan.

'I hope he doesn't yell at me.' Joonxing jumped over rock and landed on his feet. He brought some candy with him, hoping to make the other happy. He came to a familiar clearing and sighed in relief when he saw the young boy, standing, waiting for the other. Once Xiuchen spotted him, he crossed his arms and pouted.

"You're late."

"I know, I know." He panted. "Sorry, but my friend, Sehan --"

"Friend?"

Joonxing nodded. "Yeah, my friend needed help with something, so I gave him a hand. That is why I was late."

Xiuchen frowned. "You have another friend?"

"Huh? W-well, um, yeah. He has been my best friend since childhood." He said, trying to fish out some candy from his bag.

"I thought that I was your friend."

"You are." He grabbed a chocolate puff ball from the small box. "Here, Sehan gave this to me. You want one."

"I don't want it."

"W-why not?"

Xiuchen pouted. "It came from that…that person you call a friend."

"Sehan? Wha…oh…" He squatted down to be on the same height as the younger. "Are you jealous?" He poked the other on the cheek.

"I don't know what you are talking about." He turned away.

"Oh come on." Joonxing said, while still squatting, he hopped around to be in front of the other. "Big brother Joonxing considers you as his best friend." He smiled.

"Who do you like better?"

"Hm?"

Xiuchen pouted. "Who do you like better?"

"Ah, I like Xiuchen better."

The young boy blushed and slowly started to smile. "Okay…I'm number one?" He lifted his index finger up.

Joonxing chuckled. "Number one. Now, try these. They are really good."

Xiuchen munched on the chocolate puff ball. His eyes widen and started to eat the chocolate puff ball. "I want another one." He said with his mouth full.

"Sure, sure. Here…try this one." He lifted a chocolate ball, covered with a vanilla and little blue crystals on top. "Its good."

"Why are there rocks on them?" Xiuchen furrowed his brow on the sweet.

"You can eat that. Its called Snow because of the vanilla coating and the blue crystals on top. Kinda looks like snow yeah?"

"Sure." He bit on the chocolate and smiled. The two sat on the green grass that was now appearing from the slowly melting snow. They talked for awhile and enjoyed the once again nice day.

"Hm," Joonxing glanced at Xiuchen's ankles, still with the ankle bracelets on. "Why do you wear that?" He poked the ankle bracelets, making Xiuchen move his legs away from the older.

"T-they are just family heirlooms."

"They…look really valuable. I haven't seen those before." He looked closer, making Xiuchen feel uncomfortable.  "Actually, you never really told me where you are from. Do you live around here?"

"Um, you can say that."

"Where? Or'queu? Rulil?"

"Hm, more up north from here." Xiuchen motioned up with his finger.

"Oh, then…hm, Muv. You live in Muv then?"

"S-sure." Xiuchen hesitated. "Yeah, Meelv. I live there."

"You mean Muv." Joonxing pointed out.

"R-right." Xiuchen looked away, not wanting to stare at Joonxing's eyes.

"You okay?"

"Y-yeah. I'm fine."

Joonxing furrowed his brow. 'Why do I have a feeling he is lying.' "You are not…lying to me are you?"

"No way. I wouldn't lie!"

"Then, do you really live in Muv?"

Xiuchen felt his stomach turn. The young boy was debating on whether or not to tell the older that he is a young god. He liked him and he trusted him completely. He pushed the laws of the gods aside and decided to tell the older, who he really is.

"Ah, n-no. I actually, live more up…north."

"More up north? But the next town over too far already."

"Okay, um…its not a town. Its more in the sky…area."

"What are you talking about?" Joonxing chuckled. He was starting to think that the child was now playing with him. "Are you telling me that you are a god or something?"

When the child didn't respond, Joonxing's laughter died down. He realized his young friend was in fact a young god.

"Hold up. You are…y-you are a…g-god?"

Xiuchen fidgeted a bit. "Y-yes."

"Holy sh-- I mean, I…what?!" He was now sitting up straight. "I actually befriended a god. Are you freakin' serious?!"

Xiuchen frowned. "I shouldn't have told you then. My teachers were right…humans don't understand…now that you know you are going to tell everyone in your town huh?" The younger said with a sad tone in his voice. "And they are all going to kill me. They said that humans want to drink our blood because it gives them immortality…which in fact, isn't true." He started to tear up. "I thought that you would still be my friend."

Joonxing felt bad for reacting such a way. "I'm sorry Xiuchen. I was just surprised you know. Its not everyday you meet a…g-god."

"Hm…you don't believe in gods do you." The young boy said softly.

"I do now." He said resting his hand on his head.

"My eyes."

Joonxing looked up. "Your eyes? What about them?"

Xiuchen turned towards the older. "My eyes, the reason my eyes are this color is because they are the eye color of the gods. Though, most of them have more of a richer color of blue. Pale blues…like mine…mean that I am from royalty. All royals have pale blue eyes."

Joonxing's eyes widen. "Y-you --"

"I'm a god and a prince. I'm the son the of the god of winter and the god of lighting. Well, you should've known that…since your town worships them a lot."

"Oh…my…god."

It was quiet for a minute between them. Joonxing was still processing what Xiuchen just told him.

'A god? Oh, just not any god…a prince! Holy mother!! Gods do exist then…Holy !!"

"Are you mad?"

The teen looked up at the young boy, who brought up his knees up to his chest, almost at the verge of crying.

"I'm not mad Xiuchen. I'm just quite surprised is all."

"Are we still friends?"

Joonxing smiled. "Of course we are. Well, its not going to change the fact that you are my best friend."

Xiuchen smiled. "I'm glad." He brought his legs down. "Oh…and um, another thing. Th-this is not my true form."

"What do you mean? Y-you are not…like an old man are you?"

The young boy chuckled, shaking his head in the process."No. I'm actually 4 years --"

"4 years old?!"

"No! I'm 4 years older than the form I am now. This is my 10 year old form. I'm 14…in the human world I guess."

"Then why are you in that form?"

"'Cause I like my 10 year old form."

"Hm," Joonxing scratched his cheek. "C-can I see your…well, your true…I guess, age form?"

Xiuchen nodded. He grabbed his ankle bracelets and took them off from his ankles, soon a glow of blue light surround the young god and a small gust of wind blew. Within seconds, the former 10 year old was now his true age self.

Joonxing's jaw dropped. Xiuchen looked the same with his black hair and milky white skin, except for the fact that his limbs where longer. His outfit was now reaching up higher than his mid-thigh, but thankfully there were some white shorts underneath. Not only that, the top of his left hand had a wrapping mark of a scorpion with the mesosoma shaped as a snowflake. His eye lashes were still long with the corner of his eyes containing a strand of white lash, longer than his natural lashes. He placed his once before ankle bracelets on his wrists.

"W-well, this is my 14 year old self." He sat back down. "Hm, yeah." He waited for the older to say something, but he was still awestruck. "J-Joonxing?"

"W-what?" The older shook his head. "I'm sorry what?"

"You didn't say anything." Xiuchen said as he fiddled with his thumbs.

"I…um, sorry. I was just surprised that you look like that."

Xiuchen frowned. "What?" He said with a diva-like tone. "I don't pretty or something?"

Joonxing was taken back. "T-that is not what I m-meant! Um, you are very pretty Xiuchen! Really!"

"Hmpt!" He crossed his arms and turned around. "It was a mistake to show you…or tell you!"

"Ah," Joonxing was about to say something, but closed his mouth. He thought carefully on his next words. "I'm sorry Xiuchen. I was just awestricken by your appearance. Please don't be mad."

It took Xiuchen awhile, but turned around. "I…forgive you."

Joonxing smiled. "Thank you."

The younger of the two blushed a bit and lowered his head. Joonxing looked up and the sky was darkening, indicating that night time is approaching soon.

"Xiuchen, I have to go now."

The younger looked up. "Now? N-no!"

"I promise I'll come tomorrow okay?" He cupped the other's cheeks. "Okay?" The young god sighed, but nodded. "Good." He was about to stand up, but Xiuchen pulled him down. "Whats wrong?"

"Please don't tell anyone. I already broke the laws of the gods for telling you this…and showing you my true form. Please don't tell."

Joonxing nodded. "I promise I won't. You have my word, prince."

Xiuchen blushed at the title. "Don't call me that! Xiuchen is just fine."

"But…you're a prince right? I should call you as such --"

"No. I like it when you just call me by my name." Xiuchen gripped into Joonxing's sleeve. "Okay?"

The older nodded. "Okay." He smiled. "Xiuchen."

The younger blushed. "Good. Oh and um, one more thing."

"Sure what is it?" Joonxing grew curious at what the young god was going to say now. He watched as Xiuchen scooted closer and cupped the older's cheeks. Looking straight into the eyes of the young god, he widen his eyes once Xiuchen placed a kiss on his lips. Quickly, Xiuchen pulled away and stood up.

"I like you. A-a lot Joonxing. Thats all." With that he ran away, disappearing into the forest.

The teen froze and slowly placed his hand on his lips where. 'H-he…kissed me. He kissed me!' A blush started to form on his face; he slowly smiled and stood up from where he was sitting. He gathered his things and started to head back. He quickly ce he heard a tree branch snap.

'Huh…weird.' The teen shrugged it off and continued to walk.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiuchen's plumped cheeks were pink as he continued to run in the forest.

'I…I did it!' He smiled. 'I did it!'

He stopped in his tracks and held out his right hand. "Take me home please." With in a flash, he was teleported back to his palace home in the sky. He appeared in front of the crystal palace; he grabbed onto the crystal like doors and he opened them only to be surprised to see his male parents, an angry mother figure and worried father, along with his teachers.

"M-mama! F-father."

"Where have you been?!" His mother, the god of winter, raised his voice at him.

"I…I was just outside and --"

"No! You went out to the human world didn't you!" The god of winter pointed at his two teachers. "I come to the study room and what do I find? These two just lounging around. Why is that Xiuchen? Why weren't you studying?"

The young god didn't say anything; he looked down at the crystal floors.

"Xiuchen…I forbid you to go to the human world."

Xiuchen quickly looked up with wide eyes. "W-what?! B-but mama! Please! I won't do it again!"

"No!"

"Minseok," His father, the god of thunder, said with a soft tone.

"No!" Minseok said to the god of thunder. "He has been neglecting his studies." He looked back at Xiuchen. "No more of this Xiuchen. I mean it."

Tears started to well up in the young god's eyes. "Y-you can't do th-that."

"Go to your room…now!" Minseok raised his voice. The young god trembled and ran passed his parents and his teachers, up the stairs to his room. The god of winter sighed and placed his hand on his forehead, rubbing his temple in the process. "Jongsoo…Yitao."

"Y-yes?" They said in unison.

"You may go back to your rooms."

"Yes sir." They both bowed and quickly left. Once the two were gone, the god of lighting, looked back at his wife.

"Minseok…that was harsh."

The god of winter glared at his husband. "He needs to learn that studies are important."

"I know, but…that was harsh. He was just curious about the human world."

"No Jongdae…no. We are not immortal okay. Yes we are gods with powers, but we are not immortal. We die just like those humans do. If something happens to Xiuchen…what now? He has no siblings to claim the throne. He has no future partner yet. We haven't even set up an arranged marriage for him yet! "

"I know, but please. He was just curious. Look, he is fine and home. He is even well." He sighed. "I'll go talk to him." With that, the god of lighting went up the stairs.

Once he reached his son's room, he knocked on the door only to have no answer. "Xiuchen…I'm coming in." Jongdae opened the door to find his son laying on his bed, crying his eyes out.

"Xiuchen?" Jongdae closed the door and approached his son's bed. He sighed a bit; he hated it when he sees the ones that he cares for so much crying. He sat on his bed and patted his son's back in comfort.

"Thats not fair." Xiuchen mumbled, but enough for Jongdae to hear.

"I know…but your mama would want you to have a good education. You know that."

"Why can't I study and at the same time, go back to the human world. If I can't go, then I won't be able to see Joonxing then --"

"Who?"

Xiuchen gasped. He couldn't believe that he said his name. Now his father will be asking questions.

"Who is this Joonxing you speak of Xiuchen?"

"Um," The young god sat up. "H-he is um..." He started to blush, making his father raise an eyebrow.

"Your blushing. Do you like him?"

The young god cupped his cheeks, trying to hold down on his blush. "I…hm," He sighed. "I-I do father. I really do." He looked down, not wanting to see his father's face of disappointment.

"Xiuchen," He cupped his son's cheeks, bring his head up. "You must like him."

Xiuchen nodded. "A lot father. Please…I promise to study hard…please, I would like to go back and see Joonxing."

The god of lighting sighed. "Okay."

With widen eyes, the young god's jaw dropped. "Really?"

Jongdae smiled. "I'll convince your mother. But promise you will study hard…okay?"

"I-I promise! T-thank you father!" He gave his father a hug. "Thank you."

"But," The young god didn't like that. He slowly pulled away, looking up at his father. "This better be only a crush thing Xiuchen…in the future, you can't marry him. He is not a god…he is a mere human."

Xiuchen's heart dropped. "But what if he is the one --"

"No," The god of thunder shook his head. "He is not fit." With that he stood up. "I am willing to reason with your mother to give you human world privileges, but if you think of marrying the boy…you can't okay." The young god didn't respond back. "Do I make myself clear Xiuchen?"

"Y-yes father. I understand." With that, Jongdae exited from his son's room. 'At least…I can have time with Joonxing before the time comes.' He sighed and fell back on his fluffy bed, slowly falling asleep.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Are you sure about this Sangmin?"

The boy nodded. "I'm positive council man Taehyun. I swear, when I was in the woods, I passed by Joonxing talking to a young boy and he turned into a god! He said so himself! He said that he is the god prince…the child of the god of winter and the god of lighting!"

"My god." The elderly council man said. He looked at Sangmin and grasped his shoulders. "Listen here boy…tomorrow…go get him. Understand. Take this." Taehyun turned towards his shelf and grabbed a small packet. "This…will knock him out. Pour it into a bottle, but make sure you don't inhale it okay."

"B-but he is a god --"

"Just try it okay? Here." He pushed he bottle in Sangmin's hands. "If it doesn't work, hit him on the head. You know that the gods are like humans. If you knock him out, he will be unconscious. Tomorrow…and bring him here."

"Yes sir."

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiuchen sat on the ground, waiting for Joonxing. He was giving a little break from his studies, courtesy of his teachers. He hummed to himself, bringing his knees together. The young god heard a twig snap; he quickly looked up, hoping that it was Joonxing, yet, he was disappointed that it was a boy. He stood up, backing away.

"W-wait. Please…y-your Joonxing's friend right? Erm, X-Xiuchen right?"

The young god didn't respond back, but continued to stare at the boy.

"I'm…h-his friend."

"Sehan?"

The boy shook his head. "I'm Sangmin…I'm…good friends with Joonxing. He told me to come here and tell you that he won't be able to make it today. He is busy with his father, helping the store." Sangmin tired his best to steady his breathing. He was getting all nervous, thinking about the punishment he will get if the young god found out that he was lying to him.

"What?"

"But," Sangmin approached the young god. "He told me to give you this…as a sorry present. Its…um, perfume."

Xiuchen raised his eyebrow. 'This…kid…,but he said that he is friends with Joonxing.' He eyed the bottle. 'And that is from him…so…' "You said that…that thing is from Joonxing?"

Sangmin nodded. "Yeah. H-he was deeply sorry for no coming today. Here." He approached the young god and placed it in his hands. "He said that they are brand new at his father's shop."

The young god stared at the beautiful bottle. It was light blue with the bottom painted white. "Pure…as Snow?" He looked at Sangmin. "Thats what it is called?"

"Yeah. Why don't you smell it? I heard that it smelled good hm?"

Xiuchen smiled and started to open the bottle. Once the top was gone, he took a whiff, only to feel his eyes drooping down.  'Huh? W-why am I so…so tired…' Everything for Xiuchen started to spin. The young god dropped the bottle, shattering it to pieces. He was about to collapse on the ground, only to have Sangmin catch him before hitting the ground. Sangmin brushed the young god's hair away from his eyes.

"I'm sorry for this."

He picked up the young god and started to head back to the town.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"Eh," Joonxing dusted off his sleeve. He looked outside and noticed that it was started to get late. "I haven't seen Xiuchen all day." He said to himself.

"Who?" Joonxing turned around to face his father. "Who is Xiuchen?"

"Um, j-just a friend is all." 'One that kissed me on the lips…oh and he is a god and a prince too!'

"Oh? Do you need to meet him?"

"Um…its kinda late though. I doubt he is there now." He scratched his cheek.

"Why don't you quickly go?" His father said placing beautiful blue bottles with white painted on the bottom, on the shelf. "I have everything all set here."

"You sure? I can always meet him tomorrow."

"No, no. Go." His father smiled at him. "You've been a big help today. Thank you."

Joonxing smiled. "Alright. I'll see you when I get home." He started to undo his apron. "By the way, did you manage to find that missing bottle?"

"Hm, no." Yixing, Joonxing's father, said while scratching the back of his neck. "I swear I ordered 15 bottles…only 14 came? Jeez, I will send a message to Youngyoon to tell him about this. Something must have happened."

Yixing walked out Joonxing to the door; once they opened the door to the outside, they heard constant cheering in the center of the town.

"Whats going on?" Joonxing said with curiosity.

"I don't know."

"Joonxing!"

Both the parent and the teen turned to face Sehan running to them.

"Sehan? Whats going on over --"

"They caught a god!"

Joonxing's eyes widen. "What did you say?"

"Yeah! And remember how the council men say that if gods have pale blue eyes they are --"

"From royalty." Joonxing finished the sentence.

"Yeah…wow, so you do listen to -- hey! Joonxing!"

The teen pushed pass Sehan, ignoring the calls from his father and his best friend. 'How did they catch him?'

He pushed by the crowds, getting elbowed on his side and shoulders. He looked up at the stands only to have his eyes widen at witnessing what was in front of him. Xiuchen was being held by the head council man, Taehyun, by the waist, riding up his shirt a bit to reveal his milky white tummy. His hands where not only tied once, but double tied for precaution. The young god was in tears, making Joonxing's heart break.

"We have finally found a god!" Taehyun yelled out, making the crowd roar with excitement. "We will drink his blood to obtain the immortality that we deserve! The gods cannot kill us now!"

Xiuchen shook his head. He tried to reason with the council man, but he wouldn't. Joonxing tried to push his way through the crowd, but they instead pushed him back. 'Damn it!'

"Joonxing." The teen ce he saw his best friend.

"Sehan." He huffed out. "Help me!"

"What do you --"

"Help me save him!"

Sehan looked up at the stands at the young god. "Him? T-the god?!"

"Yes! Please help me! I need to save him!" Joonxing rushed back to the crowd, not waiting for Sehan to respond. 'Out of my freakin' way!' He pushed through, not caring if they curse at him.

"This young god, my friends, is from royalty!" The crowd stopped cheering, filled with awe in their eyes. Taehyun grasped Xiuchen's chin, forcing him to look at the crowd. "He has the pale eyes…as my grandfathers before me has said! You know what they say about that!" He smirked at the young god, who whimpered. "They say that if you have your way with them, not only you are immortal…but you become a god yourself with absolute power." Xiuchen, as well as Joonxing, their eyes widen. "All of you will be immortal, but as for me…I want the power!!

'Oh hell no!!' Joonxing glared; he looked over to the man next to him, noticing he had a pocket knife in his pocket. He grabbed it and sprinted foreword. He jumped and threw the pocket knife between Taehyun and Xiuchen. Lucky for him the blade slit through Taehyun's sleeve, cutting him a bit.

"!" He loosen his grip on Xiuchen and hissed at the pain. "Who threw that?!"

Joonxing rushed up and jumped onto the stand. "I did you sick er." He punched the council man on the face, earning gasp from the crowd. Joonxing turned towards the young god and picked him up bridal style. With that, he jumped down and rushed to the forest.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?!" Taehyun yelled, gripping his nose in the process. "Get him! He has the god!!" The crowd roared and turned to chase after the teen, only to have their way blocked by the animals owned by the people.

"What the ?!" Taehyun screamed out.

Sehan gulped and rushed to Joonxing's parents. 'You owe me Joonxing! You so owe me!!'

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

"How did this happen?" Joonxing said as he was trying to untie the ropes from Xiuchen's wrist. Xiuchen let tears fall from his perfect pale blue eyes. He was scared, never dealing anything like this before; he tried to calm himself, but he couldn't. Once the ropes were off, he grasped Xiuchen and pulled him forward, giving him a hug. "Its okay Xiuchen. You're safe now." He the young god's hair.

"Y-your friend…S-Sangmin said that you couldn't come…and that bottle…it was blue with the bottom p-part white --"

"Sangmin," He sighed. "Is a friend of mine…but I did not tell him to do that." 'He stole out bottles!' He tighten his hug on the young god. "Xiuchen, you should go back home. By home, I mean in the god world…because these people are going to kill you. You said that you are not immortal right?"

"W-well, y-your people believe that our blood give immortality…its not true. We die like you humans…its just that we have absolute powers." He sniffed. "I don't want to die Joonxing! An-and I don't want you to die! They are going to kill you!"

Joonxing closed his eyes. "Thats fine by me. I'm concerned for you Xiuchen. You have to go okay." He stood up and pulled the young god along. "Right now."

"N-no! I can't --"

"There he is!!"

Both of them turned to find an angry crowd of people with Taehyun leading them. Joonxing glared at them, pushing Xiuchen behind.

"What is wrong with you sick people!" The teen yelled at them. "Drinking blood from this god doesn't give you immortality! Whatever that so called council man has been teaching you are lies!!"

Taehyun gritted his teeth. "Don't listen to him! He just wants to keep the god for himself!" He whipped out a small knife. "Now listen here, give me the god and --"

"No!"

Xiuchen tighten his grip on Joonxing's shirt.

"No way am I giving you Xiuchen!"

"Oh," Taehyun smirked. "So the god has a name."

Joonxing harden his glare at the council man before him. "Just stay away from him. Got it?" He looked over his shoulder. "Xiuchen, you have to run okay. I'll be fine."

"No! Stop lying! I know you aren't going to be fine!" Xiuchen blinked, with a few fresh tears falling from his eyes. "They are going to kill -- Joonxing!"

The teen turned around to find Taehyun at close range. He held onto the council man's wrist s, preventing them from coming closer at him. Joonxing stepped back, bumping into Xiuchen, making him fall on the ground. "! Taehyun…s-stop this! You're crazy!!"

"No! I need that young god and no one is going to stop me! I want to be a deity! I want to have powers like them!!" He narrowed his eyes the teen. "You are in the way kid." Taehyun gave a smirk. "I'll tell your parents that you had an unfortunate accident…clumsy Joonxing."

"N-no! W-wait --"

Taehyun ed foreword, piercing Joonxing on the side; the teen gasped at the pierce from the knife. He soon coughed up a little blood at Taehyun's face. Joonxing started to breath irregularly, coughing more blood on the ground. Xiuchen widen his eyes.

"J-Joonxi --" But Xiuchen was cut off when Joonxing collapse on the ground, blood quickly spreading. The young god quickly crawled his way to the older, bringing him closer to him. He started to sniff and cupped his face. "Joonxing…Joonxing…" He started to shake him a bit. "Wake up."

Taehyun backed up a bit and crowd was silent, staring at the bleeding teen.

"Joonxing!"

The group of people, as well as Taehyun, turned around to see shocked parents of Joonxing as well as Sehan. They pushed their way through and made their way towards Joonxing.

"M-my poor baby!" Suho cried out. He tried to grab hold of his son, but Xiuchen wouldn't release him. Suho stared at the young god, wondering why he wouldn't let him go. He put that aside and grabbed onto Joonxing's hand. "Joonxing…oh god!" He cried. "Yixing he's bleed to much!"

"Its all his fault…its all his fault." Xiuchen whispered. "Its his fault." He glared at Taehyun, who backed up a bit, but still held his ground. "Its all your fault that he is dying." He yelled out. "I should kill--"

"Xiuchen." The young god, as well as the others, quickly looked down at the teen, who was continuing to cough up some blood. "Don't do that…" He started to tear up. "Don't kill."

"Why not?" He hissed. "He deserves it."

Joonxing tried his best to sit up. "No…y-yes he does, b-but it will make you as the bad person." He hissed when he felt his side sting and collapse back, laying his head on the young god's lap. Xiuchen whimpered and held onto Joonxing tighter. "I told you to leave. Why didn't you." He muttered.

Xiuchen shook his head. "N-no." Joonxing looked up at the young god, who was staring back at him, with little droplets falling on the teen's face. Joonxing started to give off his angelic smile.

"It's snowing" He started to chuckle softly. "Weird."

Xiuchen looked up and it was indeed it was snowing. He wiped his eyes and returned his attention back to the older. He placed his hand on Joonxing side; more blood started to seep through and Xiuchen started to tear up more.

"I can't stop i-it!"

The teen started to chuckle once again. "The snow makes you look pretty you know."

Xiuchen blinked. "Joonxing --"

"You look like an…angel." He smiled. "You know…still clad in white. All you're missing are wings. Then you would be complete. A pure angel." The teen said hoarsely. "Pure just like the snow." The young god whimpered, but his cheeks were cupped by the older. "No more crying please." He whispered; with that his hand dropped on the ground.

"Joonxing?" Yixing shook his son's shoulder. "N-no, Joonxing?! Joonxing!!"

Xiuchen stared at the older, hoping that it was a joke. "N-no." He choked back. "He…he," The young god looked up at the people as well as Taehyun with such sad eyes. "He's dead!!" Tears started falling out from his eyes. "No!!" Xiuchen yelled out, loud enough for the birds in the trees to fly out. Soon a rumble from the ground stirred, making everyone alert.

"Whats going on?!" Sehan said while looking around.

"Earthquake?!" Suho responded; he looked back at the young god only to be shocked when his eyes started to glow a bright shade of blue. Soon, visible markings covered his arms and legs with words that we foreign to him. Xiuchen glanced up at the sky and yelled out loud, almost screeching.

The humans placed their hands over their ears, trying to prevent from hearing the awful screeching. The mountain rumbled and the snow from the mountain started to fall.

"Is that a-an --"

"Avalanche!!" Someone pointed as she yelled out.

The people started to run to take cover. Yixing grabbed hold of Suho and Sehan, trying to make them along with him; Taehyun stood still watching as the snow rapidly approaching them. "My god…"

The snow quickly covered the humans, even Taehyun along with Sehan, Suho, and Yixing. Everyone was completely buried within snow except for the young god and Joonxing, who wrapped a barrier of ice around them. Once it was silent, Xiuchen wailed as he rocked back and forth holding onto Joonxing. He quickly looked up once he felt that his ice barrier breaking.

Soon, his ice barrier broke into millions of shards. Quickly, the young god protected Joonxing's angelic, now lifeless face. He met eyes of his parents, with such worried faces.

"Mama…Father."

Minseok approached and knelt down next to his son, he his head, trying to comfort him as much as possible. "Xiuchen --"

The young god held his head down low, the teen's face.

Jongdae walked beside his son, and picked up the lifeless teen in his arms. In much protest from the younger, Jongdae hushed him. He inspected him a bit and glanced at the wound. The god of lighting sighed and glanced down at his son, who was staring at him with such big eyes.

"We can use the crystal chamber."

"The what?" The young one asked.

"The crystal chamber…he will be able to rest…and slowly, he will revive. Well, maybe. Judging from the wounds he might be completely…well…gone."

"We have to try!" He grasped onto his father's wrist. "Please."

Jongdae sighed once again. "We are breaking our own laws." He looked at his son, who gave a pleading look. "Alright." He looked up at Minseok, who nodded. Within seconds, they teleported back to their crystal palace, leaving the lifeless still buried in the snow.

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Xiuchen opened the crystal doors, holding onto white flowers. Still dressed in white, he wore a white button up and shorts, along with white laced up shoes that went up to his knees. His bracelets on his wrist, now accompanied with various rings on his fingers.  He closed the door with his hip and walked towards the crystal chamber bed that Joonxing was now laying on, sleeping straight with his hands folded on his chest. Clad in white, to Xiuchen he looked like an angel. 

He knelt down on both knees and placed the flowers in the vase beside the bedside. He placed his head on the bed, looking at the figure.

"Wake up please." He said softly, but no response. He was starting to think that maybe these 5 months of waiting was for nothing. Joonxing could be completely dead. Xiuchen sighed; he crawled up on the bed and situated himself beside the figure, resting his head beside Joonxing's shoulder. He closed his eyes. "I love you." He whispered before laying on his side, bringing his knees up to his chest, and drifting off to sleep.

Joonxing slowly smiled. 'I…love you too Xiuchen.' He tried his best to hold on his chuckle. The teen has been awake since this morning and was shocked, remembering that he got stabbed by the council man and was now here, in a heaven of some sort, but decided to remain calm. 'I'll just tell him later…after nap time.' He smiled, only to form a pout on his face. 'He is going to kill me for putting him through this...'

--- (JOONXING) --- (JXXC) --- (XIUCHEN) ---

Le end

comment if you like~
mistakes = im sorry

= u =;; its so...so...its so-so 

LOL sorry ^^;;