baby panda day {YITAO}

EXO’s children short story collection

Baby Panda Day
ft. Yitao centric, Jin, & TAORIS


{ The little panda boy is now turning 5, and the family spend their rainy day at home celebrating his fifth year. }

 

inspired by: youtube video. *info will be at the end

Family, fluff, & relaxing type of fic

 

A late birthday fic TT ________ TT)!!

My other handsome baby, your birthday is a bit late lol ~Feb.4 ~ Mum loves you though!! xD


--- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) ---

Yitao softly snored, as he nuzzled his face against his Shishimato warrior pillow. Today was February 4th, and in the Dragon-Panda house hold, his two parents made sure everything was all set, just when Yitao went to bed.

The baby panda, Yitao, turned over, letting his arm drape over his stuff toy, still sleeping peacefully. It wasn’t long until the door slowly opened, revealing a taller male, with light brown, blonde colored hair. He slowly approached the younger’s bed, but not before opening the blinds of his windows. He bit the inside of his cheek; the rain started to pour heavy, just like yesterday and the day before. The taller was hoping that the weather man would be wrong, just for today.  “Yitao?” He called softly. “Yitao?” He leaned down, the jet black hairs on top of his son’s head.

“Mm.” Yitao turned over, now laying on his back, and rubbing his eyes furiously, before letting out a grunt.

“Yitao.” The taller male, knelt down, and let his chin rest on his son’s mattress. “Yitao, time to wake up buddy.”

Yitao pouted; it took a while for his eyes to fully open. “Daddy.” He called, before giving out a big yawn.

The taller smiled. “Happy birthday, Yitao.”

“Hu?”

“It’s your birthday today.”

“My birthday…?” He asked in a tired voice, with his eyes now closed. “Today is my birthday?”

“Yes it is.” He stood up straight, and picked up his son. “Lets get you some breakfast.” The taller, exited his son’s room, now heading down stairs. “The birthday boy is here...well, sorta here.” He patted his son on the back.

“Oh?" Another male, with black hair, much like Yitao’s, blinked as he continued to feed the youngest family member, the little dragon of 10 months, known as Jin. “Look Jin-Jin, your big brother is here.” He pointed out.

“Ah.” Jin pointed at Yitao, who was still sleeping, as if he wanted his big brother to acknowledge him. “Mm!” With no success, he huffed, and resumed back into being fed banana slices by his mother.

“It’s raining hard again.” The black haired one said. “What are we going to do for Yitao’s birthday, Jiaheng? We can’t go to the amusement park like we planned.” He sighed. “That weather man was wrong…”

“Mm, mother nature, Zitao. Mother nature.” Jiaheng sighed out as well. “No choice, but to stay home. I’m sure Yitao will understand.” Jiaheng continued to pat his eldest on the back. “Yitao?”

“Hm.” Yitao moved his head so that his chin would be resting on his father’s shoulder.

Jiaheng shifted his son, just so he could see his eldest son’s face. “Are you still sleepy? Hm?” Yitao nodded his head. “Why?”

“I was excited...for...tomorrow.”

Jiaheng looked over at his partner, with a hint of worry. His son, even though he slightly forgot that today was his birthday, was excited for today’s events. Sadly, those events would have to be cancelled due to the rain. Yitao rubbed his eyes, slowly turning around to see his mother, and his baby brother. He reached out, and his mother, Zitao, took hold of him, letting him sit on his lap.

“So you stayed up...all night.”

“Mm.”

Zitao placed the chopsticks that he was using to feed Jin on the plate, and brushed his eldest’s hair back. Yitao blinked, and rubbed his eyes once more, to see clearly. “I’m sorry my little panda...but it is raining hard today...we won’t be able to do to the amusement park.”

Yitao looked up at his mother, and gave a small frown. “Oh...”

“But we can still have fun here at home. We can watch movies, and such.”

“Okay.” Yitao sighed out. “I’m hungry.”

Zitao smiled softly. “What would you like?”

--- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) ---

Jin slowly bit into the round shaped french toast that was being held by chopsticks by his father as he stared at him with his eyes. He smiled and started to munch on the sweet breakfast that his parents prepared. He looked over at his older brother, who was also eating french toast, but were shaped differently than his. Yitao nibbled on his bunny shaped french toast that his parents prepared for him. He hummed in delight that he started to eat more.

“How are you liking it, Yitao?” Zitao asked, as he sat down next to the eldest son. “Good?”

“Hm!” Yitao nodded his head. “It is good mommy!” He ripped another piece with his teeth.

“Yah...be careful.” Jiaheng leaned over, and with his napkin; he dabbed the corners of his son’s lips. “Eat properly please.”

“Yessir!” Yitao saluted his father, causing him to break into a smile.

“Is there anything you want to do today, Yitao?” He glanced at the window pane, looking directly at the outside. It was still raining hard. “Preferably inside?”

“Hm, I dunno.” He placed his fork down, and grabbed his small cup of milk. After he drank the contents, Yitao shrugged. He wasn’t sure what he wanted to do, though, he was excited to go to the amusement park today, but with rain pouring hard, he knew that it won’t stop any time soon.

“We will find something to do. We can watch movies...mm, what else can we do...take a nap?” Zitao suggested, while scratching his cheek with his index. Yitao hummed with happiness, and nodded his head against his mother’s shoulder.

“Lets finish breakfast first,” Jiaheng started. “Then we can play.”

“Hm!!” Jin whined at his father for not feeding him.

“He will soon be a chubby boy.” Jiaheng said, as he picked up another french toast for his son to munch on. “But that is okay!” He leaned over, giving his son a peck on the cheek.

--- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) ---

After finishing their breakfast, both parents started to clean up the plates and saved the leftovers for later. Yitao made his way over to their living to watch tv, leaving his baby brother behind. Jin whined, wanting to go after his brother, yet was stuck in his high chair that was attached to the table. He was at the point of crying, that Zitao looked over his shoulder.

“Okay, okay.” Zitao picked up the youngest and place him on the floor. “Go run to your older brother.”

Both parents watched as Jin started to walk over to the living room, slowly. Zitao watched with precaution, fearing that his youngest might just fall flat on his face. “Oh!” Jiaheng spoke. “I’ll be right back.” With that, he left the kitchen, leaving Zitao with their youngest.

‘What is he up --’

A thud was made, causing Zitao to turn his attention back to Jin. There, Jin was now sitting on the floor, a bit surprised that he has fallen. He looked over his shoulder, with wide eyes.

“Oh, no, no, my baby!” Zitao went over, kneeling on the floor. “My baby is okay, right? Up you go.” He picked him up, and Jin stood, once again, on both feet. “Your bottom okay?” He gently patted his youngest’s bottom.

Just then, Jiaheng returned holding onto a wrapped present, which was obvious that it was a stuffed toy. “Let Jin bring this over to Yitao. After all it is one of his presents.”

“You think he can carry that all the way to the living room?”

“Of course.” Jiaheng knelt down in front of his youngest. “Jin, can you bring this to your older brother?” He presented the wrapped the gift in front of his son, who stared at it with wonder. He blinked a couple of times, before he finally grabbed the gift from his father’s hands. “Okay, why don’t you -- ah, no Jin.” Jiaheng brought the gift back, preventing Jin on nibbling on the wrapper. “Thats not good to eat.” Jin grunted in response. “Bring to big brother in the living room.” Jiaheng pointed at the living room where Yitao was currently residing. “Bring to big brother, okay?”

Jin took hold of the gift, and started to wobble his way to the living room. Zitao watched as he saw his youngest successfully made it to the other room. Both adults stood up, and resumed back into cleaning the plates.

The youngest member of the family found his brother playing with his old toys on the carpeted floors. Jin tried to walk as fast as he could, but safely as possible. Once he was close, Yitao looked up from his toys. “Hu?” Yitao sat up as he watched his brother place the gift down, and wobbled his way over towards him. Yitao caught him just  in time before Jin could fall down.

“Hm!!” Jin beamed, wrapping his arms around his older brother’s neck, hugging him tightly. Yitao couldn’t help, but smile at his younger brother’s cuteness.

“Is this for me?” He pointed at the gift. Jin didn’t respond, but glanced at the gift. ‘I guess it is mine.’ With his free hand, he tried to open the gift.

“Mm.” Jin slid down, and sat next to Yitao, rubbing his eyes.

“Lemme see.” Yitao started to open the gift, ripping the wrapping paper. While he was concentrating on ripping the wrapping paper, both Jiaheng and Zitao entered the living room.

“Are you having trouble ripping the wrapping paper, Yitao?” Zitao asked, but Yitao shook his head.

“I got...I got it.” Yitao stuck his tongue out, causing both adults to smile. Eventually, Yitao was able to take out the gift from its wrapping paper. He smiled big before squealing. “It’s Shishimato stuffie!!” He hugged the plush toy tightly as he could.

“You like it?” Jiaheng asked, as he sat on the barcalounger that was across from where his sons were.

“Yeah! Shishimato is my favorite!!” He nuzzled against the stuffed toy. “Thank you daddy! Thank you mommy!”

“It is from Jin after all.” Zitao chuckled as he picked up the card. “See,” He pointed out. “ ‘From Jin’.”

Yitao giggled; he turned towards Jin, who was staring up at his brother. “Thank you, Jin!” He hugged him. “I love the present!”

Jin giggled; he scooted towards Yitao until he was sitting right in front of him. He laid his head on forward against his brother’s chest. Yitao couldn’t help, but smile.

“We are glad that you like it, Yitao.” Zitao said, sitting on the floor besides them. “Mommy and daddy’s present is taking you to the amusement park...but we have to wait until it is sunny. You can wait, right?”

“Yes, mommy! I can’t wait!”

“Hm.” He smiled. “We are glad.”

“Why don’t we all watch a movie, hm?” Jiaheng suggest, causing Yitao to nod his head.

“I wanna watch Totoro!!” He raised his hand, which made Jin copy his brother’s actions. “See! Jin wants to watch it too! Mommy, raise your hand too!” With a chuckle, Zitao nodded.

“And Totoro it is.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) ---

After the movie, it was time for lunch. Jiaheng got up from his seat, and started to make his way over to the kitchen. Yitao followed, holding onto his stuffed toy in his arms. “Daddy, what are you gunna make for lunch?”

“Mm, what would you like?” He asked.

“Um, I dunno.”

Zitao came in holding onto Jin in his arms. “I’m gunna give Jin a quick change. We will be back alright.”

“‘Kay.” Both Jiaheng and Yitao said together.

“Hm! How cute.” Zitao chuckled. As Zitao and Jin left, Jiaheng returned his attention back to his son.

“Wanna know something cool, Yitao?”

The Panda looked at his father, raising his eyebrow. “Hu? What?” He turned around, getting on the stool that was in front of the island. Jiaheng leaned over on the counter, resting against it. Yitao eyed his father, wondering what was so ‘cool’. “What is it daddy?”

“You remember that movie that you wanted to see...the Matoki movie?” Yitao nodded his head like no tomorrow. It was an upcoming animated movie that Yitao wanted to see, but the showing was during a weekday. Yitao pleaded his parents to take him, but Zitao told him ‘no’. “Well, I was able to get tickets on the opening screening.” Yitao’s eyes widen a bit. “We can go see it.”

“Really?! B-but, mommy said that...that I can’t go.”

Jiaheng placed his index finger against his lips. “Don’t tell mommy, but we will be skipping school that day.”

Yitao blinked. “I’ll be missing school?” Jiaheng nodded.

“Just don’t tell mommy.” He smiled. “Okay? Or else mommy is going to kick daddy’s and that isn’t good…”

Yitao nodded, placing his own index finger against his own lips. “I promise!” He said with a smile. “Hm! Thank you daddy!”

“Thank you for what?” By now, Zitao came in with Jin in his arms. “What was that about?” He asked, raising his eyebrow.

“Uh, he is just thanking me because I’m gunna be making him a sandwich for lunch.” Jiaheng covered up, not wanting his kicked by the other. “Right bud?”

“Mm!” He nodded his head. “Right!”

Zitao eyed the taller, trying to figure out if he is lying or not. He waved it off, and sat on the table. “Well, okay then.”

Jiaheng let out a sigh of relief while looking down at his son. He patted him on the head, which made Yitao beam. “Okay, sandwich for my panda boy, what about the other panda?” He asked Zitao, who pursed his lips in thinking of what he should eat. “You want a sandwich too? Or soup?” Or...bamboo leaves…” He said the last part softly.

“I heard that.” Zitao huffed. “A sandwich is nice.” Jin started to squirm in his mother’s arms, and he started to slowly slide down. “Yah, what are you doing?” Zitao asked, still holding onto Jin’s arms. Once Jin’s little feet were resting on the floor, he stood in place before turning around, wanting Zitao to pick him up. “You are a weirdo.” He chuckled.

“Should I just make him...yogurt with fruits inside?” Jiaheng asked, as he grabbed ingredients for the sandwich that he will be making.

“Yeah...and maybe make some honey milk for him too.”

“Coming right up.”

Yitao stayed where he was, watching his father make his and his mother sandwiches. Unlike his classmates at school, where their sandwiches were boring, his parents would always make his sandwiches interesting, shaping them into bears, or cats, or even pandas. They just think that plain sandwiches are boring. “Yitao,” Jiaheng said, catching his son’s attention. “Do you want ham or turkey in your sandwich?”

“Both?” He asked. “Can I?”

“Sure bud. Both it is.” Jiaheng grabbed both the ham and turkey, placing them on top of each other. He grabbed the bear shaped cutter, and started to cut the two meats together. “There.” Jiaheng placed the two meats on the bread that was already shaped into a bear.

“Yitao,” Zitao called. “Can you watch Jin for a minute, please?” Jin started to get irritated, and tried to push himself away from his mother, and squirm in place. He was almost to the point of crying. “I think he wants to play with you.”

“Sure!” Yitao hopped off from the high stool, and grabbed his stuff toy. He made his way over to Jin, already red from frustration. “Lets go play in the living room Jin.” Zitao placed the youngest on the ground, and Yitao held out his hand for his brother to take.

“Hm” Jin tightly gripped on his brother’s hand.

“You are such a clingy person today.” Yitao chuckled. “I must be Jin’s favorite!”

Jin looked up, but accidently let out a cute sneeze, letting a bit of snot running down his tiny nose.

“Oh,” Zitao turned around and grabbed a napkin from the napkin holder that was displayed on the table. He leaned down and started to wipe his youngest’s nose. “You have the sniffles?”

“Mm!!” Jin turned his head, letting it rest against his brother’s arm.

“Sniffles, that is not good.” Jiaheng said, as he carried the plate filled with Yitao’s sandwich. “Actually, here Yitao...sit at the table, so Jin can sit in his sit too. Your sandwich is done.”

“Okay! Come on, Jin.” Yitao said, walking towards the table, while Jin followed. Zitao swooped up the youngest, much to his displeasure, and placed him in his high chair.

“So fussy today,” Zitao tapped Jin on the nose. “Why are you so fussy today?”

“Mm.”

“Hm...you need a nap after lunch.” He said, while he sat down in his seat. “Oh,” He smiled, seeing the plate that Jiaheng prepared for Yitao. “That looks really good.”

“Yeah!” Yitao took hold of it, and started to nibble the sandwich. “Daddy! It is really good!” He started to munch more of the sandwich.

“Good.” He laughed. “That is good to hear, bud.” Jiaheng opened one of the cabinets, and saw their unused, small, cute, rabbit cheese fondue pot. ‘Oh. We should try this out.’ “Zitao, lets use this.” He said, taking out the fondue pot. “We still have some of that french bread, we can use it.”

“Hm?” Zitao looked over his shoulder, quite unsure what his husband was talking about. “Oh, that? Sure. You know how to use it?”

“It’s simple enough.”

“Hm, well, okay.”

“Yitao, would you like sausage or chicken nuggets for dipping?”

Yitao hummed. “I want both.”

“Both?” Jiaheng chuckled. “Pick one, Yitao.”

“Ah,” He bounced in his seat, as he pursed his lips. Yitao really wanted both. “Nuggets!”

“Nuggets...what?” Zitao asked.

“Nuggets, please!” Yitao smiled, nodding his head in satisfaction.

“Very good!”

Jiaheng got to work with doing the fondue, while Zitao watched over the youngest, who kept giving a hissy fit towards his mother. On the other hand, Yitao continued to munch happily on the sandwich that his father prepared for him. Even if it was raining and they couldn’t go out like they planned, Yitao liked spending time with his parents and his younger brother.

After a while, Jiaheng was able to fix the fondue pot, and make his youngest, and Zitao their food. “There,” He placed the plate in front of Zitao, while he placed a small bowl in front of Jin, but not before giving a quick peck on the cheek. “All made with love!”

“Ew, how cheesy.” Zitao shook his head chuckling a bit. “But thank you for the sandwich.”

“Daddy, aren’t you gunna eat?” Yitao asked, before munching on his sandwich. “You wanna bite?” He sat on his knees, leaning forward as he held out his sandwich for his father.

“That is okay, bud. It is yours, so you eat it okay.” He patted his son on the head. “I want you to eat.”

“Mm.” Yitao nodded.

Jiaheng returned back to the fondue pot, and nodded in satisfaction. He grabbed his mitts, and brought over the fondue pot over to the table. “And here it is. Careful, it is really hot.”

“Ah,” Jin tried to reach out for it, but Zitao gently took his hand, and grabbed it, before he could burn himself. With a huff, he started to whine.

“Here, here.” Yitao grabbed a small slice of ham from his sandwich; he placed it in front of Jin. “Eat, Jin.”

The youngest stared at his older brother, before opening his mouth, waiting to be fed. Yitao did just what he wanted, and fed him. A squeal of happiness escaped from the youngest’s lips, that he started to bounce in his seat. He opened his mouth again, and Yitao took it as his responsibility to feed his younger brother.

“I swear, he loves Yitao more than me!” Zitao huffed, leaning back in his seat.

“Well, I love you.” Jiaheng called out, as he tried to get the nuggets that were currently being baked in the toaster oven. Zitao frowned when he saw that his own husband didn’t even bother to turn around and say it face to face.

“Wow, thanks, you didn’t even say it face to face.”

“You know that I do.” He said, placing the nuggets now in a plate. “I think I’ll just have some of this for lunch.” With that, he turned around, and started to head to the table where his family were. “So, where was I? Oh yeah, you know what I mean.” Yitao leaned over and grabbed a nugget with his hand, and started to dip it in the fondue pot. “Careful, bud...it is still hot. You might burn yourself.”

“Mm.” Yitao bit onto the nugget, before widening his eyes, feeling how hot the nugget and cheese were. “Hot.”

“Told you...if it is too hot spit it out.”

“Hm!” He shook his head. “I can do it.”

The family continued with their lunch, while the rain continued to pour outside. It was a shame that the rain had to happen today, above all days out there. Once finished, Jin started to get a bit fussy again, and Zitao decided that it was nap time for the youngest. He started to prepare some milk for the other, while Jiaheng and Yitao kept him company.

“There…” Zitao started to shake the bottle, making sure that milk powder didn’t settle down on the bottom. “Now, Jin, time for a nap.” He said, walking up towards the other. “Nappy time.” Jin looked up, reaching out for Zitao. “Yeah, you are tired. We will just nap in the living room.” With that, Zitao started to walk towards the living room, while leaving Jiaheng and Yitao in the kitchen. The two took the opportunity to finish their food, before going in to the living room.

“You want the last one?” Jiaheng asked, taking the chicken nugget, and showing it to his son.

“Hm, you can have it daddy. It’s okay.” Yitao beamed. “Eat, eat, eat!”

“Are you trying to make me fat?”

“Yesh.”

“Yes?!”

“Daddy, I’m thirsty.” Yitao rubbed his nose with the back of his hand. “Can I have milk, please.”

“Yah...okay. It is your birthday afterall.” He stood up, patting the other on the head.

“I’m the prince today!”

“Yes you are.” Jiaheng went over to the fridge, getting the milk for his son. He went over to the cup cabinet and got his son’s cup. Once he was finished pouring milk in his son’s cup, he went over the kitchen table and handed his son’s cup to him. “Here you, bud.”

“Thank you!” Yitao reached over and grabbed his cup with milk. As he was drinking it, he pushed with his right hand the plate with the last nugget towards his father. “Eat it.”

“You don’t want it?”

“I’m getting full.” Yitao said, placing the cup on the table. “Can you save this please?”

“Mm.” He replied, nibbling on the nugget. “I will. Just leave it on the table first...lets go to the living room with mommy and Jin.”

“I don’t need a nap though…” Yitao said, a bit worried that his father might make him take a nap. “I’m a big boy...and boys like me don’t need naps!”

“Hm, you sure?”

“I’m sure, sure!”

“Well, lets just go with mommy and Jin for a bit. And later, I will make a cake for you. How does that sound?”

Yitao’s eyes widen. “Cake?!”

“Cake.” Jiaheng nodded. “I will make a cake for you --”

“Totoro cake?”

“You want a Totoro shaped cake?”

“Mm,” Yitao nodded. “A Totoro cake with lots of strawberries on the side!”

“Hm, okay. I’ll make it for you. Later.” He picked up his son, and carried him to the living room when Zitao and Jin were. They were currently on the floor, laying on two big and pillows. As the two got close, Jiaheng looked over to see Jin was still drinking on his milk bottle, while Zitao was past out on the floor. ‘Oh, weird...the parent is asleep while the baby is still awake.’ Weird as it may be, it was quite funny.

Jin continued to finish his milk, turning from side to side; he turned to face Zitao’s chest, and decided to body scoot himself closer to his mother. Once near, he continued to drink his milk, and eventually, he started to fall asleep.

“Hm, that was quick.” Jiaheng said softly to Yitao. “Lets stay on the couch.”

“But I don’t want to sleep.” Yitao frowned, laying his head on his father’s shoulder. “I’m not sleepy…”

“We will just sit on the couch. How about we read.” He asked, now sitting on the couch. Jiaheng placed his son beside him.

“I wanna read you a story daddy!”

“Hm, okay then...go get your book.”

Yitao beamed; he got off from the couch and quietly ran to his room. Jiaheng smiled, seeing his son all happy. ‘Hm, this is a bit weird...it is Yitao’s day, but if feels like a typical tuesday. Rainy tuesday to be exact.’

Just then, Yitao came in with his book that he had in his hands. “I want to read this to you.” He said in a soft voice, just so he won’t wake up his mother and younger brother.

“Okay, bud.” Jiaheng patted the couch beside him. “Read it to me.”

Yitao started to read to his father the book that he brought over. About mid-way through him reading his book, Yitao ended up falling asleep. A smile formed on Jiaheng’s face. He could see that his eldest was trying his best to hide it, even fight the sleepiness. Jiaheng placed a blanket over his son, and stood up from the couch.

‘Seems that I am the only one awake.’ He chuckled softly. ‘Well, I can read my book in peace I guess. I’ll wait for everyone then.’ He reached out for his book and started to read.

--- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) ---

Yitao blinked a couple of times before letting out a cute yawn. He rubbed his eyes as he lifted his head up. ‘Hm, daddy?’ He squinted his eyes a bit, wondering where his father was. Yitao looked down to see that his mother was gone, as well as his younger brother. It started to worry Yitao a bit, seeing that his parents and brother isn’t even around.

“Daddy!” Yitao called out, now sitting up properly, rubbing his eyes again.

Quickly, Jiaheng came to the living room with a hand towel in his hand. “Yeah, bud? Whats wrong?”

“Hm.” Yitao raised his arms, wanting to be carried. Jiaheng didn’t hesitate, and picked up his son, holding him in his arms. “Bud, whats wrong?”

“Why did you leave me...” He asked, laying his head on his father’s shoulder.

“Oh...I didn’t leave. Mommy, Jin, and I are in the kitchen. We were making your birthday cake.”

“Cake?” Yitao leaned back so he could see his father clearly. “Is it done?”

“Hm.” Jiaheng nodded. “It is...Totoro cake just like you want it.”

“Can we eat it now?”

“Yeah, we were just waiting for you to wake up.” He started to carry his son to the kitchen. There, Zitao was feeding the youngest some rice with cut up meat.

“Ah, my other baby is awake now.” Zitao smiled. “How was your nap?”

Jin quickly looked over to his right; he beamed and started to bounce in his seat, happy to see that his older brother was finally awake. He huffed when he saw his brother taking a nap, that he tried to wake him up, yet his mother swooped him away.

“I didn’t want a nap though…” Yitao rubbed his eye. “But I did.” He leaned forward, hitting his head on his father’s shoulder.

“Well, thats okay. You are awake now.” Jiaheng patted his son on the back. “Lets see the cake?”

“Mm.” Yitao nodded.

“I’ll get it.” Zitao stood up and went to the fridge to get the cake that his husband made. As Jiaheng placed Yitao on his chair, Jin stretched over, and tried to give his brother a hug. The baby Panda smiled and hugged his brother tightly. “Here you go, my baby.”

The plate before the birthday boy showed a Totoro cake, with full strawberries at the bottom, just like he wanted. Yitao’s eyes lit up; he clapped in happiness that his cake came out perfect, all thanks to his wonderful father. “Daddy! You are the best!!”

“Aw, love you too, bud.” He gave a peck on his son’s head. “All the best for my oldest.”

“But you love mommy too right?” Zitao asked, trying his best to give his best sad expression. “Yitao loves mommy more right?”

“I love mommy too. And Jin.” Yitao beamed. “I wanna blow the candles now!”

“Okay, hold on.” Jiaheng left, getting the candles from the drawer. “Hm, where is it...where, oh, here it is.” He grabbed the candle that he was looking for, and a lighter. “Here we go.” As he returned back to the table, he placed the candle on top of the cake. He used the lighter, and lit the candle. “Ah, there we go.”

Jiaheng, Zitao, and, an attempt from Jin, sang happy birthday to Yitao. The birthday boy couldn’t be more happy, that he started to clap along. Even though he couldn’t go out due to the weather, spending it with his family was good enough for him. Just as the song ended, Yitao inhaled as much air as he could; he blew at the candle and soon the light went off. Cheers from his parents, and a squeal from his younger brother escaped from their lips.

“Happy birthday, Yitao!” Both his parents said in unison. Zitao went over and gave his son a kiss on the cheek, while his father gave him a pat on the head. Jin tried to give his brother a kiss, yet his high chair restricted him to go anywhere. Yitao leaned in, and Jin gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Are you happy, Yitao?” Zitao asked.

“Mm!” He nodded. “I’m very happy! Thank you!!”

--- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) --- (YITAO) ---

Le End

**Any mistakes? My bad!!

inspired by: At that time, i was really into watching cooking videos on YT and there is this one video, omg, soooo cute!! the mother made totoro steam buns and it was so adorable. i cant even...I wanna make some one day. i cant cook, but ill try my very best!


**babies may suffer egg allergies; here is an egg free french toast recipe. Zitao is a good mother lol: [x]


**fondue pot

**Cake