Not Giving Up

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

I just stared at Mr. Hong. Was he being serious? Well, of course he was, he never joked, but still. Lee Jinki? I dared to look at the annoying boy in the corner of my eye, and he was staring at me, smiling. I shifted my gaze to the wall in front of me. I could still feel his eyes on me, but I refused to look at him again. He was not going to get any kind of ideas that I was happy being paired up with him. 

The rest of the lesson Mr. Hong explained exactly what we were going to do, and I just wanted to disappear. We were going to try and portray something we got inspired of. I had no idea what the project actually had to do with the subject Mr. Hong was teaching, but there wasn't exactly anything I could do about it. When the bell called out for a break, I sat still at my desk, waiting for everyone else to get out of the room, before I actually got up from my seat. When I had everything, I turned around, and almost got a heartattack. Jinki's face was inches away from mine, and I let out an irritated sigh. 

"Looks like we're going to get to know eachother better now!" he said, and smiled.

Always with the smiles! I nodded shortly and went for the exit. I heard his footsteps behind me, but chose to ignore them. Like I always did. Out in the corridor there were people everywhere, filling up every little inch of the floor. I made my way through by force, but made it relatively unscatched all the way to my locker. As I opened it, I felt a presence behind me, and when I turned around, he was there. 

"Could you stop following me?" I asked, not even trying to hide the annoyance in my voice. 

"I'm not following you, I just want to ask you when you are free to work on the project", he said, ignoring my tone.

I looked at him for a moment before I turned to my locker again.

"It's a long time till we have to be done with it", I answered, looking into my locker.

"Yeah, but if we want a better grade, we should put our effort into it!"

I could even hear the smile in his voice. I shut my locker closed and slowly faced him. Either he was really dumb, or he just didn't care that I didn't want to work with him. It was like talking to a stone. A stone that never stopped smiling.

"I don't know when I'm free. I'll get back to you."

And with that I left him. I looked behind me when I had walked for a while, and to my relief he hadn't followed. I turned my head forward again, and away some hair, hanging infront of my face. That boy was really going to bother me. 

I didn't see Jinki more that day, but as I was leaving school I heard his voice calling my name. As a reflex I slowed down a little, but turned up my pace when I realised what I was doing. But it didn't matter how fast I walked, he still caught up with me. 

"Do you want to walk together for a bit?" he asked when he was beside me.

"Do I have a choice?" I retorted. 

"Well, yeah, but it would be kinda awkward if I walked behind you now, wouldn't it?" he attempted to joke.

It was to my big annoyance that we had the same way home. It usually wasn't a problem, because he used to walk with his friends to and home from school, but apparentley, he had ditched them for me. I didn't answer him, I just looked at the ground infront of me. It seemed as if he had finally understood my feelings towards him, but the silence that had appeard was soon destroyed by his happy voice.

"So, what do you want to portray?" he asked.

"I don't know. You deside."

"Oh, come on! It should be something we both get inspired of. Like... the sun!" he said.

I looked up at him with one eyebrow raised. The sun? The ball on fire, millions and millions of miles away from us? That, he got inspired of? I snorted and looked forward again.

"Okay, maybe not... Then how about the rain? I've heard that a lot of people get inspired when it's raining", he said, not letting my lack of help get to him. 

As if that would be any better. Rain was only cold and wet. Not inspiring. If you got inspired of rain, why not turn on the shower and watch the water fall from there? I didn't even bother to react to that one. 

"Yeah, I don't even think so myself..." Jinki said.

He continued to suggest different things all the way to my house, were I finally could make my escape. He waved goodbye, with his smile being impossibly huge, but I just went inside. He was not going to give up, was he?