Lunch

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

I didn't matter what I did, lunch came anyway. Even though I literally dragged my feet to the cafeteria, I arrived when everyone still ate. Skipping lunch was out of the question, I was too hungry to do that. My eyes looked after Yuri, and found her fast. The popular people always sat at the table in the middle, no exceptions. I swallowed, and hoped that she wouldn't see me. But of course she did. When I got my food and turned to find a empty table, her waving arm caught my attention. She smiled widely at me, which didn't make me more eager to go over to her. But I did it anyway. All of her friends stared at me as I placed my tray on the table, and then sat down. I had chosen a place that was pretty far away from Yuri, but she seemed oblivious to the fact. She just smiled at me, and leaned a bit towards me.

"So, your Jinki's partner, right?" she asked.

Everyone else around the table was quiet, so I just nodded. I didn't trust any of them. I took a bite out of my sandwhich, keeping my eyes on it.

"And that's how you two got to know eachother?" Yuri continued, not giving up.

I nodded again. I could hear her silent huff, and I understood that she wasn't satisfied with my response. None of them were. They were hoping to get some gossip, and I couldn't help but to think that was a little naive of them. I wasn't a loner for nothing. 

"Did you know that that was how me and Minho started talking? By being paired up together in class?" she asked me after a moment in silence.

I shook my head.

"Well, we did, and it didn't take long before he asked me out", she sighed in a dreamy way.

Her story made me feel uncomfortable. Why did she tell me this? It wasn't like me and Jinki had something together besides being partners. Sure, he made me smile sometimes, he even made me laugh, but that didn't mean that I liked him. Did it? Suddenly, without a warning, he popped up besides me, with his four friends with him. 

"Hellooo", he greeted us, as he sat down besides me.

Everyone besides me greeted him back, and Minho sat beside his girlfriend. In an instant, they were all over eachother, making everyone else uncomfortable.

"Guys, please. We're trying to eat here", Kim Jonghyun said, poking them with his elbow.

Instead of just stop with their makeout session, they got up and left the table. I rolled my eyes, and looked down at my sandwhich, who were halfeaten. I missed my lonely table, there I could just eat in peace.

"So we did see eachother at lunch!" Jinki said, and I could hear his smile in his voice.

I just shrugged, knowing that there was alot of eyes watching our conversation. I didn't need any more support to the rumor about me and him. But something that really bothered me was the fact that Jinki didn't seem to mind everyone gossiping about us. 

"Hi, Meekun", I heard from the other side of the table.

I looked up in surprise, and found Key sitting there, with a determined look on his face. I nodded once towards him and looked down again.

"How are you feeling today?" he asked me.

"Good", I answered shortly, not looking up. 

"Good to hear", he replied. 

Then we fell silent. Around the table everyone talked to eachother, but I just sat there, staring at my food. Jinki tried to get some response out of me, but failed. But I did promise him to wait for him when school ended before I got up and walked away from the table. I was literally dying to know what he had found, and it surprised me that I was so curious. Once again I felt uncomfortable about the fact that people thought that me and Jinki had something.