Worst/Best

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

We stared at eachother for a moment, before I turned my head and stared into the wall. I clenched my fists.

"Are you not going to talk to me?" my father asked, and I dug my nails into my skin.

"You know, it's not really fair for you to be like this", he continued.

"Well, let me break it down for you. Life isn't fair", I said coldly, not looking at him.

He sighed, and I heard him moving his chair closer. He my arm , but I jerked it away.

"I understand that you're mad at me. You have all the rights to be mad at me too, but please, listen to me."

"I don't really have a choice, do I?" I asked him, letting the bitterness color my voice.

"Maybe not. But I will be as short as possible. What I did... It wasn't smart. It was stupid, and it was the biggest mistake of my life. But I'm only human, and we make mistakes. I felt pressured, and I felt stressed, and it seemed like a good solution. I didn't do it for my own sake, I did it for you and your mother, and you may not understand it now, but I did what I thought was the best thing to do at the moment. So please, try to forgive me. Take as much time as you need, but please try. If not for me, but for you mother. And for you."

My eyes burned, and I saw in the corner of my eye that he got up from his chair and left the room. One tear escaped my eye, and rolled down my cheek, and several other tears came after. I didn't make an effort to stop the crying, it was something that I had to get out of my system. I cried because of the betrayal. I cried because I had missed my father, even if it was hard to confess. I cried because he was back. I cried because I was tired. I was tired of being so mad all the time. I was tired of holding my guard up all the time. I heard the door open, and through my tears I looked at the one person that had had the patience and will to break my wall. Jinki smiled a tiny smile at me, and slowly closed the door after him. I reached out my arms for him, and he walked up to me, taking my hands in his. I pulled him down so that he was lying besides me, and I burried my face in his chest, breathing in his smell. He wrapped his arms around me, and I felt immediatly a little better.

"Are you okay?" he asked quietly.

I didn't answer him, instead I gripped his shirt tighter. He didn't push me for an answer, and after a while my tears stopped flowing. I didn't let go of my grip of his shirt, scared that he would disappear if I did, but I lean my head back a little, so I could see his face. He looked down at me and smiled, and lifted one of his hands to whipe away the wet traces on my cheeks. The very same instant he touched my face, I got filled up with a feeling, stronger than any feeling I'd ever had before.

"I love you", I blurted out. 

He froze, staring at me. I bit the inside of my cheek, regretting my words. Then his face lit up in a huge smile.

"Really?" he asked me.

I pressed my lips together, looking down at his throat. My cheeks was burning, and I wished that I could take the words back. I felt his hand under my chin, and he forced me to look at him. He smiled affectionately at me, and rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you too", he said, making my heart stop for a second.

I tried to force it away, but a silly, big smile formed on my lips. I gave him a peck on the cheek, and then burried my face in his chest again, trying to hide my blushing face. He chuckled a little, hugging me tighter. He had made the worst day of my life the best instead.