I Like You

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Jinki's POV

There wasn't really anything that could make me focus. My thoughts kept wandering off to Meekun, and more than a couple of times I got told off by the teachers, who got irritated of my lack of interest. But I got dragged back to reality when a book came and hit my desk with a loud bang. I jumped and looked up at the face of Key. The rest of the room was empty. It seemed as if I had missed that the class had ended.

"Hey. What's with the throwing?" I asked him.

"It seemed like the only way to get your attention. Anyways, I heard that you and Meekun finally are together", he said, sitting down on the chair infront of my desk.

"Well... I don't know about that", I mumbled, feeling my cheeks blushing.

"Yeah, yeah, you're so secret. I just want to say that I don't think that it's a good idea", Key said.

"Why not?" I asked him, sitting straighter.

"Because. I've tried to talk to her more than once, and she's just plain rude", he answered.

"So I'm not allowed to be with her just because she doesn't talk to you?" I asked him, beginning to get angry.

"It's not just me. Actually, it's everyone except you", Key said. 

"Maybe there's a reason."

"Seriously, Jinki. I don't think that's she's worth it. Besides, her dad sold drugs. Doesn't that say anything?"

Drugs? Was that the reason why he was in jail? I blinked at the guy who were supposed to be my friend. 

"No. What her dad did doesn't say anything about the person that she is", I said coldly. "It just made her more cautious about the people she meets"

"So you mean that I'm not trustworthy? That no one here except you are?" he asked, and I heard that he was beginning to get mad too.

"That's not what I said. What I meant is that you maybe haven't given her a reason to trust you."

"Because she won't give me a chance!"

"And just because of that I'm not supposed to be with her? It's funny, just because something isn't comfortable for you, it shouldn't be", I said, and without listening to his reply, I stood up and left the classroom. Never had I been so mad at any of my friends before. Several people tried to talk to me as I passed them in the corridor, but I just ignored them. I had to see Meekun. I found here at her locker, and without a single word I whirled her around and kissed her. I noticed that she dropped her books, but that could wait. I needed for everyone to see that I was in love with her, and that they couldn't change that. I pulled away after only a few seconds and hugged her.

"What are you doing?" she hissed in my ear.

"Do you like me?" I whispered.

"What?" 

I pulled away, still with holding her with my arms, and looked at her flushed face. "Do you like me? Really like me?"

She blinked in confusion and looked around. "Do we have to take this now?"

"Yes. Answer me."

She stood quiet for a while, and my heart sank a bit for every second that passed. She didn't like me. But then she reached out her hand and away some hair that had fallen infront of my face.

"I guess... I kind of like you", she said, with a serious face.

"Really?" I asked breathless.

"Yes. I like you", she said, and it suddenly looked like she realised something.

I smiled big down at her and hugged her again. She did hug me back, but it was very stiff and awkward. Around us people were gossiping and pointing. But I didn't care. She liked me back.