Befriending

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

I liked him. That was thought never left my mind, it was always in the background, reminding me. I liked Lee Jinki. And everyone at school knew about it. Yuri kept giving me looks, as if she had some kind of power over me, and Jinki didn't talk to Key. He didn't tell me what exactly had happened between them, but Jinki was extremely pissed off about it. He sat with me at lunch, and when friday came, something kind of weird happened. We were sitting, Jinki trying to get me to taste the soup he had, when a long figure placed his tray next to Jinki. I looked up and saw Minho, who looked a little awkward.

"Can I sit here?" he asked.

"Sure!" Jinki answered him with a smile.

Minho sat down, and I looked over to Yuri's table. She didn't look too happy about the fact that her boyfriend just sat with us. Minho seemed to notcie where I looked, and smiled a little at me.

"She'll get over it. She's just not used to have another girlfriend in the gang", he explained.

I raised my eyebrows at him, and took a sip of my water.

"The gang is me, Jonghyun, Key, Taemin and Jinki. She was the only girlfriend until you came along", he said, and Jinki nodded in agreement.

It sounded a little bisarre to me though. Would she threaten every girlfriend that they had? I shook my head a little in disbelief. My gaze landed on the table where the rest of the, so called, gang sat. Taemin looked like he wanted to come over, sitting and shaking his legs while he ate, Jonhyun looked indifferent. But Key was frowning deeply, and when we got eyecontact, he looked mad.

"What is his problem?" I asked whoever who answered, nodding towards Key.

Jinki turned around to look at Key, who fastly looked down. The tension was thick.

"He just can't accept you", Jinki muttered, turning around again.

"Because?"

"You don't treat him like he's used to. He's a little spoiled", Jinki said, shrugging.

I looked at my boyfriend, and I felt a little guilty. I knew that they had been tight before, and the fact that Jinki didn't talk to Key because of me didn't feel too good. In fact, it felt horrible. I huffed, and looked between Jinki and Key a couple of times, before I decided to do something that was way out of my comfort zone. I took my tray, and all my food, and got up from the table.

"Where are you going?" Jinki asked me, but I didn't answer.

With determined steps I walked up to Key's table. The tree of them looked up at me in surprise, and I put down my tray with a bang. I slowly sat down, not looking away from Key.

"I'm doing this for Jinki, not because I want to", I said between tight lips.

"Exactly what are you doing?" Key asked coolly.

I took a deep breath, collecting the last of my dignity. "Becoming your friend."

Key's poker face broke, as his eyebrows went up and his jaw fell down. I could hear Jonghyun choking on his food, but I didn't look at him.

"Really? You're going to be my friend?" Key asked me.

"For Jinki's sake", I pointed out.

"Okay. Fair enough", Key said.

"Are going to be my friend too?" I heard beside me.

I turned my head and looked at Taemin, who looked like an expectant little kid. I shrugged.

"Fine", I told him, and he smiled brightly at me.

Not another one. Another fricking happy person. I looked at Jonghyun, who raised his hands.

"I'm fine no matter what", he said.

Good. At least someone who didn't force me into anything. I begun to slowly eat, trying to ignore the eyes that were upon me. That was a very quiet lunch, besides Taemin's never ending chatter about absolutely nothing. When I left, Jinki came running after me.

"May I ask you what that was?" he asked me.

"I became friends with your friends", answered him.

"Why?" 

I stopped, and looked at him. He had a wrinkle between his eyebrows, and I had to smile a little at his confusion.

"Because it's fair that way", I answered.

That was the only answer he would get, and he knew that. He smiled down at me, before took my head between his hands and kissed me. Even though I had told him that I didn't want to kiss him in school, he didn't listen to me. He never did. When he released me, I hit him lightly on the chest, frowning at him.

"I've told you not to do that here", I said.

He just grinned down at me, before he took my hand and started to walk. Sometimes he was annoying beyond my patience. And sometimes he was annoying enough for me to be able to handle.