Rainbow

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Jinki's POV

I was bouncing as I walked through the corridor, heading for the exit. My hand squeezed the round subject in my pocket, and I couldn't contain my happiness. There was no doubt that Meekun was going to love it. When I walked out of the school, she was standing at the foot of the stairs, waiting for me. That made me even happier. She didn't notice me until I was standing right infront of her, then she looked up at me. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face, and she rolled her eyes at me. At least she seemed to be in a better mood than at lunch. Key had been really upset after she left, not getting the treatment he usually got from the other girls at our school. 

"Have you waited long?" I asked her as we started walking.

"No. Not really", she answered. "Are you going to show me what you found?"

I looked away to hide my smile. She was really eager to find out, wasn't she? I looked up at the sky, and some clouds were covering the sun. I frowned a little, knowing that I couldn't show her if the sun wasn't shining. 

"Soon", I answered her, followed by her disgruntled huff.

I looked at her in amusment and she glared back. "You said you would show me after school."

"And I will. Just not this instant."

She mumbled something under her breath, and looked away from me. But it wasn't in the same way it had been one week ago, when it had been because she'd been annoyed with me as a person. Now it had been because it was something I did, not who I was. As I watched her, the sun came out, sending it's warmth upon me. I came to a abrupt stop, which made Meekun stop too.

"What are you doing?" she asked me, slightly annoyed.

"Showing you", I retorted.

I pulled out the dark piece of glass of my pocket, making her eyebrows furrow. "Jinki, I said-"

"No, it's okay. The edges is perfectly smooth. See?" I said, with my thumb around the edges of the round glass.

She sighed, but let me continue. I faced the sun, and started trying to angle the glass perfectly, feeling Meekun's gaze on me the whole time. Suddenly, I found the perfect spot, and the sunshine found the glass, making the ground under it stained with all the colors of the rainbow. Careful not to riun the reflection, I looked up at Meekun, who looked amazed. Her eyes were big, and I could see something that looked lie excitment glint in them. Making my heart beat like crazy, her face lit up in the biggest smile I'd ever seen in her face. It made her look a different kind of beautiful. All the other smiles she'd ever given me were weak compared to that one, and that was when I knew it for sure. I was madly in love with her. Making me jump in surprise, she looked up on me, still smiling. 

"Where did you find this?" she asked me. 

"My aunt works at a shop where they make sculptures out of glass, and I told her about our project, so I got this piece. We can get some more, I just wanted to bring this to show you", I said, slightly blushing.

She just looked at me with that smile, making me blush harder, but I still smiled back.