Meeting

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

The stupid smile wouldn't disappear until we stepped inside my house. My mother was home. She didn't know a single thing about Jinki, and I could imagine her reaction when I brought home a boy. I threw my bag on the floor, going further into the house. Jinki followed close behind, practically vomiting out his happy energy in my sad house. I couldn't hear or see my mother on the bottom floor, so I decided to try and not to make her notice that Jinki was with me. I grabbed his arm, pulling him up to the second floor, all the way to my room. I pushed him inside and closed the door after us. Jinki gave me a confused look, but I just shook my head. He didn't have to know everything about my happy family. Then, to my horror, he started to look around in my room. The first thing he noticed was the drawings that I had taped to the wall over my bed. 

"Have you drawn these?" he asked, bending over my bed to see better.

"Yes. And I made my bed this morning, so I would appreciate it if you didn't mess it up", I said. 

Jinki looked at me apologetic and stepped away from the bed. He then moved on to my desk, that was very clean from anything. 

"Wow. Lucky thing my mom can't see this, or she would nag on me to clean my own desk", he joked.

"Mhm", I answered. "Doesn't we have work to do?"

"Right. Work", Jinki said.

I sat down on the floor, leaning my back on the bed. Jinki sat down besides me, and pulled out the glass from his pocket again, and pulling his notebook from his bag. We worked for a while, and he even made me smile once, but then we got disturbed. Just when Jinki was showing how the glass should be angled, there was three light knocks on my door. I froze, and saw my mother open the door. The first thing she did when she saw the person next to me was staring. Jinki fastly got up from the floor and bowed deeply.

"Hello, I'm Lee Jinki, Meekun's partner. Nice to meet you", he said, aiming a big smile at my mother.

She glanced at me and then back at Jinki, and smiled a little back.

"Nice to meet you, Jinki", she said.

I just wanted to disappear from the earth. "Was there something that you wanted?"

Both of them turned their attention to me, and my mother got a stern look on her face. "Meekun, don't be so rude. I just wanted to tell you that I'm going... out on wednesday again."

I snorted and smiled mockingly. She couldn't say that she was going to visit my father infront of Jinki. She was still ashamed. "Well, good luck on that."

My mother shot me a warningly look, before looking at Jinki, who just stood quiet, not wanting to interrupt. "It was nice to meet you Jinki. Hope that we'll see eachother again."

"So do I. Good luck on wednesday!" he said, smiling as she left the room. 

Then he sat back down, looking at me, as if I was going to give him an explanation. 

"Nice to see that you get along with my mother", I said instead.

"She seems nice. That's why I'm wondering why you're not so nice to her", he said.

"I have my reasons. Now, continue with what you're doing", I said, nodding towards the glass.

Jinki looked at me for a second, but did what I told him.