Gift

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

Jinki was just about to leave when I remembered the dress. 

"Wait!" I said, gripping his arm before he stepped outside my bedroom.

He looked startled, but stood still while I went to the wardrobe. It didn't take me long before I found it, I didn't have very much slothes anyways. I pulled it out and turned to Jinki. 

"Thanks, I guess, for the loan", I said, holding it out.

But instead of taking it, he just looked at it with a thoughtful look on his face.

"When's your birthday?" he asked, out of the blue.

"Two months ago. Why?" I asked.

He looked up at me with a grin, and tookthe dress from me. But then he held it over to me. 

"Happy birthday! Two months late!" he said.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, taking one step back.

"Giving you your present. Even if it's late, it counts", he said, holding the dress even closer to me.

"What? No! I said that I wouldn't accept any kind of gifts from you!" I said.

We stared eachother down for a whil, before he threw the dress on the bed and walked out of the room.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I yelled, and ran after him.

"You can't make me take it back, can you?" he asked, not slowing down.

That immature little brat! 

"You can't do that!" I protested, but he had already reached the door.

He turned and innocently smiled down at me. "Really? Watch me."

And he was gone. I stared at the door, struggling with my emotions. A part of me was insulted that he had given me the dress, a part of me was happy. But I was mostly pissed that he had outsmarted me. When I turned around, I found my mother standing behind me, watching me.

"He's a nice boy", she said.

I shrugged and walked past her. I stopped on the first step in the stair, and looked at her.

"You know, if you can't even talk about him with other people than me, you shouldn't let him live here", I said.

She sighed and looked down at the floor. She didn't even deny it. I headed upstairs, and the first thing I thought about when I closed the door was the smell. It smelled like Jinki. For some stupid reason my cheeks heated. The dress was just lying there, contrasting with the white sheets. I sighed and took it up. I smoothed over the little wrinkles that had it had gotten when Jinki threw it, and hung it back in the closet. I looked at it for a moment, once again admiring the color, before I closed the closet and sat down on my bed. It still smelled. But it was kind of a pleasant smell though. I couldn't put my finger on what it actually smelled, but before I could speculate about it I realised what I was doing. My cheeks started to burn from the embarrasment and I walked up to my window and opened it wide. I sat down on the floor, feeling the cool air entering my room, but the burning sensation still lingered in my cheeks.