Do you smile?

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

Well... It was awkward. Jinki was sitting on the other side of my table in the kitchen. None of us was saying anything, and Jinki seemed to be very fascinated by everything in my home. No matter were he looked, it was with big eyes. At the moment he was staring at the fridge, where my mother had put up several pictures of me from my childhood, to create the illusion that we lived a happy life. That made me feel uncomfortable, and I tried to move my chair so that I could block his sight. But he was faster than me.

"You were really cute when you were little", he said, and smiled at me.

I grimaced, and looked away.

"Not that you aren't cute now, you are, but it's just that that you used to smile back then", he continued.

I felt my cheeks burning. Did he really just call me cute? I looked at him, and he stilled smiled at me, but not with that creepy smile he usually had. This one was more lowkey, and I could feel that it twitched in the corner of my mouth. But I pulled myself together and leaned back in my chair.

"What makes you belive that I don't smile now?" I asked him.

"Well, I've never seen you do it. And for me that's the same thing", he answered.

"Well it's not", I retorted. 

I don't know why, but it really bugged me when he said that I didn't smile. 

"Well, do you smile?" 

It wasn't meant to be a mean question, I could see that in his face, but my emotions took control before my brain could.

"That's none of your business! You should just keep your freaking happy world to yourself!" I snapped. 

Jinki just looked at me. His face didn't reveal any emotions, and I stared back at him. We sat like that a few minutes, before a small smile appeard on his face. To my surprise, he got up from his chair, walked around the table, and hugged me. It was a light hug, he had very gentle arms, very different from when he had turned me around earlier. At first I was paralyzed. That was my first hug on several years, and it felt weird. Without me thinking about it, my arms found their way around his neck, and my tears begun to flow down my cheeks, landing in his shirt. We were like that for some time, before I pulled away and looked away, extremely embarassed. I wiped away the tears that were left, and my cheeks were burning. I heard the sound of a chair moving, and looked at Jinki, who had sat himself down besides me. He smiled at me, and I looked back at him.

"Do you want to know something?" he asked me.

"What?" I asked, knowing that there was no point in resisting anymore. 

"I know what you get inspired of."

"And what is that?" 

"Color."

I raised my eyebrows. Color? I couldn't deny that I liked them, I did, but did I get inspired of it? 

"What makes you think that?" I asked him.

"Well, I've been thinking about it alot lately. Sometimes when I look at you in class, you sit and stare out the window. Same thing when it's lunch. But you only do so when the weather is nice. And you always draw when the sun is shining. That's why I suggested that first, but when you denied it, I figured that it was something else. What made me realise it was when I saw those pictures of you. All of your clothes were colorful", he said.

I looked at him in shock. It all seemed to make sense. I had never seen that he had stared at me in class, I hadn't even payed attention on him. I had ignored him as much as possible. But what me really shocked, was the fact that he had figured it out before me. 

"Well, even if it is so, do you get inspired of it?" I asked.

That made Jinki grin. 

"I get inspired of anything. I just look around, and then I just write down what I see. And color's a good thing."

"You write?"

I was surprised. He didn't seem like a writer to me. My question made him blush, and he looked down at the table, still with a smile on his face.

"Yeah. I'm kinda in to songwriting", he admitted.

"That's... Really... Surprising", I said.

"Well, you do not look like an artist either", he pointed out, in a nice way.

"Because I'm not an artist. I just like to... draw doodles."

"Still, you're an artist. It's not a bad thing", he said, and looked up at me. 

He smiled, and I actually smiled back. It was stiff and very small, but it was definitely there. Jinki stared at me, amazed.

"Oh my god. You can smile", he said, still with the amazed look.

I grimaced at him, but the smile reapered. There was no point in forcing him away any longer. He had already made me do something I hadn't done in a very long time. And for that, I would be him always thankful.