Ice Patch

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

The following weeks went by faster than usual. The 'popular' people didn't invite me to sit with them at lunch again, but both Yuri and Key kept on trying to talk to me. They made me nervous, since I had no idea what they wanted. But what was weirder was the fact that Minho seemed to help me when it got a bit too much. Many times he came and distracted Yuri when she cornered me, or pulled Key away when he got too frustrated at my lack of response. Jinki seemed oblivious to the whole circus. The dress did stay in my closet, since I couldn't bring it to school, and Jinki refused to come home to me. Instead, we worked at his house. The project moved forward, we had gotten a lot of glasspieces from his aunt, and it was amazing watching the sun play with it. My situation at home didn't get any better. My mother started visiting my father two times a week, which made me more angry at her. About six weeks after the day that I had been paired up with Jinki, it was the first real cold day. During the night it had rained, and the rain had frozen to ice on the ground, making it slippery. That day we were supposed to work on the project too.

"So, you don't have any idea of what you want to be when you grow up?" Jinki asked me as we walked.

"Nope. None", I answered.

I had gotten more used to him, and participated when he tried to have a conversation with me. My answer seemed to bug him.

"Really? Not even the slightest clue?" he asked.

"No. I haven't given it any thought", I replied.

"You could be an artist", Jinki suggested.

I snorted loudly. "Yeah right. Who would be interested in buying something that I've drawn?" 

"I would", he answered, looking down at me with a sincere look.

"You're just saying that", I said, looking away to hide my blushing face.

"No, actually I'm not. I promise you, I'm going to be your first costumer", he said.

I looked at him with disbelief, and he grinned at me. Suddenly I could feel my foot slipping away under me, causing me to loose my balance. I gripped Jinki's arm reflexively, making him fall with me. I landed flat on my back, taking my breath away, and Jinki landed on top of me. I tried to catch my breath, but with Jinki's weight over me it wasn't the easiest thing to do. It took me a few seconds before I realised that his face was only inches away from me. He stared down at me in shock, and I stared back. It was really bisarre, but that was the first time I noticed how clear his skin was. His eyes flickered over my face, landing on my lips. With my breath taken away already, he made it even worse by crashing his lips onto mine. It was clumsy, awkward and even a little painful, but somewhere down in my stomach a tingling sensation spread. My hand, that still held onto his arm, tightened it's grip, while the other was just lying awkwardly by my side. His hands was on both sides of me, since he had been forced to soften the fall. He slowly pulled away, only buy inches, and looked at my face. I gulped, and knew that my face was bright red.

"You should watch your steps", he whispered, and I felt his hot breath hitting my face.

That made me push him away, and then I sat up, whiping my mouth. I looked around, making sure no one had seen us, and then I stood up. Jinki came right after me, standing very close to me. I backed away, but he took my hand and pulled me closer again. 

"Don't try to tell me that you didn't kiss me back", he said, staring intensely into my eyes. 

I had? I honestly didn't remember, there was alot of things that had happened at once. I looked down at the ground, seeing the patch of ice that was the cause of my fall. I was embarrased and confused. Suddenly I felt a warm and gentle hand under my chin, and it made me look at Jinki. He smiled softly at me, and my cheek.

"It's okay", he said, and then he kissed me again.

But that kiss wasn't as clumsy as the other one had been. It was slow and gentle, making my stomach tingle again. My eyes closed, and without me thinking about it, my arms found their way around his neck, pulling him closer. It was something completely new to me. It was unsafe, it was risky and it would have alot of complications. But as his arms embraced me, all I could think of was how right it felt.