Help

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

The first thing I saw when I entered the classroom was Jinki's smiling face. I slightly nodded towards him, knowing that he wasn't the only one looking at me, and headed to my desk. As I sat down I noticed that several people watched me with wonder in their eyes. Nothing moved faster than a rumor in school. I ignored them and pulled up my notebook from my bag, and isolated myself from the rest of the world by drawing.

That lesson, we actually did some progress. Apparently, Jinki had found something that would fit our procject perfectly, but he refused to tell me what it was. Instead, we took some notes on how we would present the project. To me, it was very frustrating, not knowing what it was he had found. But everytime I asked him, he just said that he would show me after school. The whole time I could feel the eyes in my back, and a few times I heard my name being whispered. It bothered the hell out of me, being the subject for gossip. But I endured the lesson without breaking my poker face, and walked out of the classroom with my head held high when it ended. Jinki walked with me to my locker, and I let him. He would do it even if I told him not to. Of course, that just increased the gossiping. 

"Why is everybody staring today?" Jinki asked, as he leaned against the locker next to mine.

I just gave him a look, and opened my locker.

"What?" 

"You seriously don't know?" I asked, not looking at him.

"No, what am I supposed to know?" 

"They know I went to that party", I answered him shortly.

Jinki didn't respond, and I glanced at him. He was looking down at the floor, trying to suppress a smile. I felt the irritation build up inside me, and I slammed the locker shut.

"What's so funny, if I may ask?" I asked him.

He looked up at me, and he couldn't keep the smile away any longer.

"Just the fact that it bothers you so much. I thought you didn't care about what people said?" he answered me.

I raised my eyebrows. I couldn't recall that I had ever said anything like that to him. I just shook my head, and started to walk to my next class. Jinki came up next to me.

"So, do we see eachother at lunch?" he asked.

I bit my tounge. Lunch. I didn't want to sit with Yuri and her gang, but if I didn't, I wouldn't be sure about what would happen. Since when did these kind of troubles show up in my life? 

"Uhm, I don't know", I answered him. "But I got to go now. See you!"

And so, I made my escape. Ironically enough, I shared the next class with no other than Choi Minho. He was in the front of the classroom, and he and some friends I didn't know was talking loudly when I walked in. He fell quiet when he saw me, but I didn't even look at him. I was absolutely positive that he was the one who had told Yuri about that saturday. Not even I had missed that they were together. Who could, as the two of them were being as cozy as they were? I just walked right past him, going to my desk at the back. 

"Is that the chick Jinki got a thing with?" a guy asked, not very discrete.

I felt my cheeks burning, and tried to hide my face behind the notebook. To my surprise, a deep voice helped me.

"Dude, that's not really any of your business", it said.

I looked up in surprise. It was Minho's voice. The guy who had asked simply shrugged.

"I was only asking."

I looked at Minho in fascination. Since when did he care about what was being said about me? He turned his head and locked eyes with me. I froze for a second, then I looked away. It probably was because he was friends with Jinki, and he didn't wan't his friend to be pared up with such a loner.