Why Her?

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Jinki's POV

I couldn't keep my eyes from wandering of to Meekun every ten seconds. I tried to focus on the discussion I was a part of with my dad and Kim Jonghyun, one of my dad's colleagues, but it was impossible. She looked absolutely breathtaking in the dress, and the fact that she seemed so lonely made me want to go over to her. I'd seen Key trying to talk to her, but she'd just rejected him. Just like she'd done with me in the beginning. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked at my dad, who was smiling at me.

"Maybe you should go and talk to you friends, Jinki", he said, understanding.

I nodded and smiled thankfully at him, before I bowed to Jonghyun and started to make my way to Meekun. But when I'd made it halfway, Minho called me. I looked at him, and he waved for me to come over to him. I looked longingly at Meekun, but walked over to Minho.

"How's it going, dude?" he asked.

"Fine. And for you?" I retorted.

"Same. It's a shame that Yuri couldn't come with me, though. She makes everything more fun", Minho said, and sighed.

He and Yuri had been a couple for a long time, and it sometimes seemed as if they were one person instead of two. That's why it was a bit odd to see Minho without Yuri by his side. 

"Yeah", I said, as I glanced at Meekun.

When I looked back at Minho, I found that he was looking at her too.

"You know, Key tried talking to her before", Minho said, nodding towards Meekun.

"Yeah, I saw that", I said, not sure where he was going.

"He got pretty upset when she was so rude to him", Minho continued, and looked at me.

"Yeah, I know. But that's just the way she is", I said.

"Rude?"

"Suspicious", I corrected him.

"Do you even know about her past?" Minho asked.

"Actually, yes", I answered, getting a bit annoyed.

"Jinki, I'm not saying this to be mean or anything, I'm just looking out for you. But really, what is it with her that makes you keep on working so hard?" Minho asked.

Both of us looked at her, and I felt that my annoyance instantly disappeard. 

"Because it's her. She is different. Wouldn't you keep trying for Yuri?" I said, and looked at Minho. 

He bit his lip, and looked over me.

"Okay, I see you point. But you don't even know her", he said.

"I know enough. It's enough for me to stay hooked for now, and the more time I spend with her, the more I get to know her. And I'm sure that I'll want to stay then too", I said.

MInho sighed and laughed a little. He looked down at me and shook his head.

"You got it bad, man", he said.

"I know", I retorted, smiling.

 

Meekun's POV

I was about to go home, when I heard Jinki's voice coming from behind. I turned around, and saw not only him, but also Choi Minho. 

"What are you doing?" Jinki asked, even if it were a really stupid question.

"I'm standing", I answered.

"Oh. That's fun. This is Minho", he said, and nodded towards the tall boy.

We nodded to eachother, as a greeting, and I looked out the window. The sun had been gone for a long time, and the moon had started to rise. It was a fullmoon.

"Uhm, I'm gonna go to Taemin, I think that he wanted to talk to me", Minho excused himself, and escaped.

I looked after him for a bit, before I turned to Jinki. He looked regretful.

"Sorry that I left you all alone", he said, scratching the back of his head.

I shrugged. I wasn't exactly mad at him, I just wasn't made for these kind of things. But he still looked sad, and for some reason it bugged me to see him like that. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out, so I closed it again. I cursed my social awkwardness. I hesitantly raised my hand and patted him lightly on the shoulder. At first he looked surprised as he looked at the hand, but then his face broke into a smile, and without a warning, he hugged me. I got paralyzed, and my arm got crushed between us, since my hand was still on his shoulder. For me, it was confusing. He had no reason to hug me, still he did. I felt that he froze, and slowly, slowly, he backed away, with red cheeks. He looked down at the floor.

"I'm sorry", he mumbled.

I stared at him for a moment, before my laugh broke free from my throat. I slapped my hand over my mouth, so the laugh came out muffled. Jinki stared at me in surprise, before he started to smile.

"So, you can laugh too?" he asked.

I simply hit him lightly on the shoulder, still covering my mouth. I didn't even know what it was that was so funny, but I laughed anyways, uncontrollably. He just made me laugh. He made me smile, and he made me laugh. That was a fact.