Short Hair

Smiling doesn't hurt, does it?

Meekun's POV

The alarm clock woke me up with it's annoying noise. I fumbled a little with my hand before I found the button to turn the alarm of. I opened my eyes and stared up at the ceiling. Why did mondays exist? I sat up in my bed and slung my legs over the edge. I stood up and slowly made my way to the bathroom. I could hear my mom down at the kitchen, doing something that made very much noise. Sometimes I found it annoying that she couldn't go five minutes without sound  of some kind, but at the moment I was too tired to get annoyed. I got to the bathroom, and shut the door behind me. I stood infront the mirror, and made a face. My hair was still only touching my shoulders. I tugged a little bit in it, as if it would grow out faster if I did. I had cut my hair short a couple months earlier, just to be rebellious, and I had realised that it was a bad idea a little too late. But at least I had gotten the reaction I had wished for from my mother. 

After sharing a silent breakfast with the woman that had given birth to me, I headed to school. Several of my classmates passed me on the way, but none of them offered to walk with me. I wasn't exactly surprised, I didn't socialize with any of them. There were actually only one person in school that talked to me, and that was Lee Jinki. He was a goofy kid in one of my classes, and didn't really understand the words "go away". So I just ignored him when he greeted me in the hallway, with the same smile that he always had on his face. That detail didn't really help me to like him. My dad also used to have a smile on his face, and he had showed to be the most false person that ever had walked on earth. It was that simple. I didn't trust smiling people.

Well in class, I sat in the corner that was the farthest from the door. I could hear the rest of the class laughing and talking, but I was focused on my notebook. I loved filling the pages with meaningless little doodles. I noticed that the teacher came in, because the whole room went from caotic to silent in less than a second. I looked up at Mr. Hong, the oldest and strictes teacher the school had. He slowly put his things in place before he looked up at the class through his thick glasses. 

"Today I will be pairing you up two and two for a project that you will be working on during the whole semester. You will have to take some of your freetime to make the project worth a higher grade", he said, in that deep and harsh voice of his.

I bit my lip. I didn't like groupwork. I wasn't really good at working with others. But the positive thing was that there only was one person I really didn't want to work with, and the odds of me being paired up with that person were really small. I waited patiently for Mr. Hong to pair me up with someone, but I got paired up before that could happen.

"Lee Jinki, Park Meekun."

That. Could. Not. Be. Happening.