Chapter 32

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

Lydie POV
It was 10:35 and the plane still hadn't set off yet. It seemed there had been some sort of problem and this made Lydie happy. She had overheard a conversation with one of the air hostesses and they were talking about getting everyone off the plane because there had been an incident near the runway and it was causing problems for the plane, somehow. Lydie thought about how an accident just outside the runway could cause problems for the planes. She came to no conclusion so she gave up.
        As Lydie predicted the passengers on the plane were asked to leave. It was 10:50. Lydie saw that the other passengers were angry; the cabin crew apologised as they led us off. It was only Lydie and her father who were relieved; he looked at her and grinned. For a second, Lydie thought it could have been Jiyong. He could have, somehow, made the plane stop. But that was outrageous. She hoped he was at the gate, waiting for her. But he wasn't.
       
Jiyong POV
Jiyong awoke once more to the sound of sirens and the smell of crushed, burnt metal. His nose twitched at the smell. He noticed a figure to the right of him; he couldn't figure out who it was; it was all a blur - the sun seemed to blind him. "Lydie?" He asked quietly, his throat was dry and his voice sounded hoarsely.
"Sir, are you okay? What is your name? We're getting you out now don't move." Jiyong thought that was a stupid thing to say - he couldn't move anyway. He put his neck against the headrest and groaned in pain. The pain from his lower back had spread to his neck. Jiyong knew this wasn't good but he could only think about Lydie. She'd probably be gone by now; he started to cry.
        The next thing Jiyong heard was the sound of his car door being wedged out of place. He was still crying. "Sir-" Jiyong turned his head and the man stopped. He recognised him straight away. "G-G-G," the man began to stutter. Jiyong shook his head; ignoring the pain. The man stopped stuttering and told him that everything was going to be alright. Jiyong nodded as best he could and that was enough for the man. Jiyong could see other men coming to help their co-worked; none of them knew who he was, well they wasn't acting like it. This made Jiyong happy.
"Now, this may hurt. Tell us if the pain gets to much." Jiyong nodded; he could feel blood trickling down his face. He gritted his teeth.

Lydie POV
 
Lydie felt strange. She didn't know what to feel. Jiyong was nowhere to be seen; she felt both anger and sadness. Had something happened? Did he not get her letter? Was he stuck in the traffic because of the 'incident'? She wanted him to be here now and tell her not to get on the plane - when she could get on it.
        For the time being, Lydie thought, it would be wise to go and sit in the lounge-type area; there were TVs, shops and slot machines. The airport was heaving; Lydie could hardly move between the crowds. She found a seat and sat on it; it was infront of a flat screen TV that hung from the ceiling. The news was on. She sat and read her magazine, it wasn't interesting but she needed to think about something other than Jiyong. Her father was sat next to her with a cup of coffee.
        Lydie had been reading her magazine for at least 10 minutes before she heard 'GDragon' mentioned on the TV. She looked up from her magazine and stared at the screen. Her father was staring at it too. She couldn't understand what was being said but the caption had 'GDragon' and 'Accident' in it. Lydie suddenly began to feel sick. "There has been an accident," her father began to say; yeah Lydie gathered that. The TV began to show her scenes of the accident; Lydie didn't know whether to cry or be sick; she began to cry. "Oh, Lydie," her father put his arms around her. Young people began to gather around the TV all with a look of shock on their face. "I'm so sorry," he said and kissed her head. Lydie cried harder.

Jiyong POV
The pain was constant; it just wouldn't stop no matter what he did. He could feel the cool breeze of the outside world on his face; he guessed he was outside now. He opened his eyes; he was staring at the clouds. He could hear the sound of voices in the distance. "Sir, what is your name sir? We're putting you into the ambulance now. We're taking you to hospital," Jiyong managed a nod; the pain in his neck got worse. He decided not to move.
        Jiyong closed his eyes and the last thing he heard before he slipped into unconsciousness was the sound of the ambulance siren.

Lydie POV
"We should go see him, England can wait." He said; Lydie agreed.