Chapter 22

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

 

My palms had started to sweat and I had started panicing, I didn't know what to do or where to go and I knew he was going to walk in at any minute. I walked as quickly as I could to anywhere out of sight, but there wasn't. There was the backroom and a corridor which only led to one place, which was the staffroom. 
        I went through the backroom and went into the staffroom, hoping he wasn't going to walk in. I sat down and begged for him to not walk in. I knew he was going to, no matter what I did. So I waited patiently and began to thought of what I could say. I sighed and sat down. 
       He came through the door in a matter of minutes, I couldn't read his facial expression, it was a mixture of confusion, dissapointment and anger. I shook my head and look at my knees and started to fiddle with my fingers. He came and sat next to me.
       "Lydie... what is it? I know you wouldn't do this without a reason, now tell me." I just shook my head at him and he put his arm around my shoulder. We sat there for a few minutes.
       "I'm sorry, Ji. So sorry for acting the way I have," he put his free hand onto my face and slide his fingers down to my chin and turned my face, so it was facing his. 
       "Whatever it is, I'm sure we can work something out, right?" He said with a smile and kissed me. I pulled away and got up,
        "I don't think we can, unless you don't mind,-" I cut my sentance short as I could feel my eyes becoming teary, I put my hand to my face and turned away.
        "If you don't want to tell me that is fine, but I will find out when the time comes, you know that already," he put his arms around my shoulders, "but don't cry ok? When I find out what is bothering you so much, I will sort it out..." I nodded.
        "But I want to tell you..." I looked at him and he nodded for me to continue.
         I sighed, "me and... my father, we are... we... I am leaving." His face lost its colour and his facial expression showed sadness, I swallowed, hard. But, he didn't say anything, he just stood there, staring blankly at me. I began to think that he didn't hear what I said, but I didn't want to repeat it. He just stood staring at me.
        "Can we leave now?" I questioned after a few moments passed.
        "Hmm.. as long as you quit work for the day and come with me." His usual playful smile returned, as if nothing had happened.
 
We spend the rest of the day together,  he made the most of the time we had; he took me out for dinner, he took me shopping and insisted to buy me everything I said was 'nice', we went to Changdeok Palace and then he walked me back. It was nice and I didn't want to go home. 
        I sighed as he led me up to my house, it was dark outside. He looked over at me and pouted, "What is wrong?" He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.  We were getting closer to my house.
        "Can I stay with you?" I blurted out and he looked at me with a puzzled expression. "Ah, I mean, can I stay with you tonight?" The puzzled look soon turned to excitment. He winked at me and nodded. "AH! I, no! I didn't mean anything like that..." I pulled away shaking my head and waving my hands around. He began to laugh. 
         "I know what you mean.." He poked me and grabbed my hand and we went back the way we came. 

 



Hellooo~! How are you all? I've had such a bad few weeks... so many exams! ╯_╰ 
I was doing well until my last exam of the week which was yesterday... I didn't understand it at all... Anyway~!
Sorry this chapter is really rushed AND short, I have been writing a little bit day by day... Sorry~ forgive me, it will be better next time!
I finished this chapter off today and I'm not well so maybe I could use that as an exscuse~ The story is coming to an end now anyway o.o I think..

I have two more exams and I'm FREEEEE~ So I can finally finish the story off, yahoo~! 
Hope you all are well hehe ^.^