Chapter 12

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

 

Contentment, annoyance, sadness, eagerness, I felt them all. I didn't even know it was emotionally possible to feel such opposite emotions all at the same time. Was he just avoiding me to make me feel all these mixed emotions? Or was he just busy? I felt so silly for wanting him to want to see me. I sat there with my phone in my hand for at least ten minutes with all these emotions and options running through my head, I didn't know what was going on with me, the last two weeks I have have been feeling like this... I wasn't starting to fall for Jiyong was I? 
        "Aiiiish," I fell backwards and laid on my bed, clinging to my phone. It flashed again. I looked at it and I had recieved yet another message, from Jiyong. I quickly got up and sat upright. Why was I so excited? 
'Come on, don't be like that! Not my fault I've been busy, you don't miss me that much do you...? Ha! You get emotional really easily, eh? That's kind of stupid. Well, I'm sorry~ Come meet me I will make it up to you. I know you want to see me! You, Lydie, are stubborn. Get back to me soon. And F.Y.I. I have missed you too.'
I was grinning, yeah he insulted me a few times but I didn't care because he missed me too. And I missed him. 
'Where have you been? I waited for you at school. You never even said goodbye! How rude. When do you want to meet?'
He replied almost instantly with, 'I will pick you up tomorrow.' Tomorrow? I groaned, why couldn't we meet tonight? I looked over at the clock, 7pm. I guess it was late, but that didn't stop me craving to see him. I laid back once again and let out a sigh. 
        I guess I could wait until tomorrow.
 
I woke up with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step, I was seeing him today, finally. I had no idea when or where or even what time, but I didn't care because I was going to see him. I checked my phone, it was 11am, I'd slept through the entire morning. I ran downstairs and only my father was in the house, my mother only had Sundays off, I often wished she took a holiday so we could spend some time together, but instead she spends her Sundays with her friends or by herself, I think we were loosing her. 
        "Lydieee!" my dad screamed as I came into the kitchen, he was wearing oven gloves and holding out a pot of... something. "Taste it, I've been making it all morning!" I glanced inside it, looked up at his pleased face and smiled. He was trying his hardest with me these days. I appreciated it, so I took a spoon and had a little. "Tasty huh?!" I nodded and gulped it down. "I'm just going to get dressed, papa." He turned around suddenly, it even gave me a shock. "Dressed? Why are you getting dressed? You never go anywhere, where are you going?" He was staring at me, I was a little offended. "Oooh~" he added with a sly smile, "are you going out with that boy again?" he winked and I just slapped him lightly on the shoulder, I could feel my cheeks burning. "Do I need to give you the 'you know what boys are like at this age' talk?"
I hugged him, tight. I always knew he cared about me in his subtle ways.
        I ran back up the stairs as fast as I came down them. I put on my big oversized jumper, leggings and my boots, I grabbed my leather jacket on the way back down.
 
        I found my father sitting at the table, not eating just sitting. He had made me something and it was in my place, he never usually sat with me. I approached cautiously not really knowing what to do, this was alien to me. I grabbed myself a drink, sat down and started to eat. "Lydie," I looked up to see him still staring at me, he looked sad. "You know I love you very much,  both me and your mother do." I ate some more, not having a clue where this was going to go. "Mhm," I looked over at the clock wondering when Jiyong was coming for me. Jeeeeez, I did miss him alot, I felt kind of pathetic just waiting around for him. "Your mum well, she's... well, overworking herself," 
"I kind of noticed dad, she's never around and when she is she's always tired and when she's tired she's not exactly the nicest person to be around," he sat back in his chair, he knew exactly what I was talking about. "You have to be patient with her, dear, I know how she gets on at you sometimes, and I know it's hard but you know how she can be," I know how hard she can be, I've had to deal with it all my life. Why was he telling me things I already know? "Mhm," I mumbled out again. 
"And all the pressure is..." he trailed off, hoping I would get it and I did.
"I get it dad, you're going through a rough patch." He smiled as sweetly as he could, with tears brewing in his eyes. I felt sorry for him.
"It's worse than that baby," That's when it struck me, I knew what he was talking about. Divorce, taking a break, not seeing each other. Whatever people called it nowadays. I didn't want him to know, I knew.
"I miss her too, don't worry," I said, he nodded, got up and kissed me on the forehead. 
"Be safe today kid," he ruffled my hair and left the room. I sat there for a while, not knowing whether to follow him or not, sadness was starting to overwhelm me, I was worrying about my family for the first time. I thought everything was fine and dandy between the two of them, that's how it always seemed. I was just oblivious to the truth. 
        My thoughts were interrupted by my phone going off, I didn't want to answer it, I didn't really care. But it kept ringing, and ringing. "UGH!" I got up of the chair and pushed my chair under with as much force as I could, I was getting angry and my vision was going blurry, my eyes were starting to tear up. 
        I stormed over to my phone, it was flashing 'Jiyong', I wanted to see him, but not like this, not in this state... I sighed and stood with my phone in my hand for a few minutes hoping he would hang up but, it didn't stop ringing. Damn why was he so persistent? 
"Hello?" I could hear my voice cracking as I spoke, I could hear lots of voices in the background. 
"Lydieeee! At last you picked up, I was begining to think you were ignoring me or something..." he was trailing off. Me ignore HIM? He was the one who has been avoiding me for the past two weeks. 
"What do you want, Jiyong?" I stopped listening to his mumbling long ago. 
"Woah, Lydie. I said I was sorry about not seeing you in a few weeks, you missed me alot by the sounds of it, eh?" he laughed. "...Shall I come pick you up? I miss you Lydddd~" his voice was... somewhat calming, he made me feel better, I wanted to be with him, his voice was comforting, I just wanted to cry and I knew it was going to happen soon I could feel the lump in the back of my throat. "Ji-Ji-Jiyong," I stuttered, he had gone quiet, he knew something was wrong. "I... I-I've never felt this sad,"
"Lydie, what's wrong? I'm setting off now, I will be there soon, just keep smiling okay? If somebody has upset you I will..." He trailed off again, I could hear him cussing. It made me feel worse hearing the worry in his voice, and then I started to cry. 
"Lydie, Lydie? Lydie!" He was shouting down the phone, "stop crying, whatever it is, it's not worth it. A beautiful lady like you has no reason to cry and nor should anyone be making you cry." He wasn't making me feel better. 
"Ji... Ji, Jiyong, will y-y-you come soon?" I couldn't stop stuttering and I couldn't stop the tears. I don't get along with my family, but that doesn't mean I don't care, I didn't have anything or anyone in Korea except my mother and father, I couldn't believe it took me so long to realise that.
       "I'm on my way Lydie, I'm coming now." I hung up and buried my head in my hands. 


Told you I'd concentrate more on family soon :3 I didn't really think it was going to turn so suddenly though... back to happy Jiyong and Lydie soon though... ^^ I just want Lydie to see how caring he is in the next chapter :3 It's taken me days and days to write this, I've had abit of writers block. So if it's abit rushed, you know why. ><