Chapter 13

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

 

I couldn't stop crying no matter how hard I tried, I felt stupid, I couldn't control my emotions and that made me feel weak. I just hoped my dad wouldn't walk in and see me like this, I didn't want him to think badly of me, that's not what he needed, he needed time to be by himself and cry too, I didn't like the thought of him being upset. I could hear the television on in the other room, so I just stayed with my head in my lap, I tried to bring myself up once or twice but I just couldn't. My hands had started to shake and my vision was blurry and I was starting to get tired. 
        I was still crying when I heard a faint, quiet knock on the front door and then I heard it open, my eyes were still full with water, my vision was un-clear and I could only see a blurred figure of Jiyong rushing towards me. I put my hands to my face but he pulled them back, "Lydie... Lydie," he wiped my face with his sleeve. It wasn't helping, my vision wasn't improving and my pride was slowly in decline. "J-J-J..." I was stuttering, it made me more angry at myself, how could I let myself get like this? And how could I let him witness it? "Sssshh," he pulled me close to him, "tell me when you're ready," he had his arms around my waist, he held me tight and ran his fingers through my hair, he was hushing me in the process. I've never seen this caring side of him, but I guess everybody was caring in their own way, I liked his affectionate way of showing it. I liked it alot.
        We stayed there for a while, in each others arms, it sounds cliche but it was amazing, and when I was with him my troubles whisked away. I slowly lifted my head and noticed it for the first time... his hair. He was looking down at me and I was staring back at him with a puzzled look on my face. I think he was confused as to why I was staring at him... "OH!" he suddenly let out, "my hair! What do you think? Do I suit blonde?" he ran his fingers through his hair and ruffled it, I found it incredibly y. I just nodded my head, I didn't want to try and speak and muddle my words and stutter. "Ah, good, good, I was in the hairdresses all day..." he was starting to trail off and his eyes flickered to the door, my dad was stood there. I quickly wiped my eyes, when he said, "I'm going out for a while Lydie," he was staring at Jiyong, not me. I looked at Jiyong too, he was looking at me. I pulled away from him and got up and walked over to my father. He smiled at me and looked over my shoulder and nodded at Jiyong, I turned around to see Jiyong bowing slightly. My dad walked towards the front door and opened it, "Dad!" I shouted and ran after him, "I love you paaapa." I tried to make it sound as cute as possible, I wanted him to know he wasn't alone and I was there for him. He leant down slightly, "I love you too girlie!" And he pulled me into a hug and then he went. 
        I stood there for a few minutes, it made me ache to see him so hurt. I hated my mother for hurting him like this, I could take it but I knew he couldn't. I could feel the lump returning to the back of my throat, I shook my head and looked at the floor and turned. He was stood in the same spot too, "Baby," he was whispering, he was walking closer to me now, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," I think he knew now, I just shook my head at him. "Can we not talk about it?" I just wanted to go out and do something with him and not think about how my family was. He nodded, and grinned, "I have something planned for today! You know how you said you wanted to meet the rest of the band? Well we're all going to meet and chill or whatever people usually do," I turned around and opened the front door and waited for him to follow, he closed the door behind him.
 
"I don't think they'll like me.." I blurted out as we got into the car.
"Why do you think that? I'm sure they will love you! How can they not?" He added with a sly grin and pinched my cheeks, I pulled away, "aww~ you look cute when you blush!" I put my hand over my mouth and slapped him and turned to look out the window, he laughed. "No, but really." I was staring out the window, I tried to put on the most serious voice I could, I wanted them to like me, I didn't want it to be awkward if we... "They will, they wanted to meet you! Apparently I've not stopped talking about you for the past few weeks, aish aissshh," I turned back around to look at him and he was staring right at me, it made me feel quite nervous. "I've been thinking about you too, funnily enough! Ahahh"
"Lydie," he ignored that I even spoke, "I want to introduce you as mine." I scoffed, mine? What did he mean 'as mine'? I laughed, "What do you mean?" He rolled his eyes, "what do you think I mean Lydie? I want to introduce you as my girlfriend, my lover, my partner, everything that lumps into those categories," he was staring at me directly in the eyes, is that what he wanted? For me to be his? Or just to show his friends he had somebody... I wanted it either way. I nodded, "sure." I wanted to ask him if that's actually what he wanted, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. The car came to a sudden hault and the door opened, Jiyong stepped out and I followed.
        I looked up at the building in front of us, it was huge, it looked modern and there were several security guards patrolling the place. It must be of some importance... It was framed with a silver metal and glass windows covered half the building. I had a feeling I wasn't going to enjoy the rest of the day and I wasn't sure why. Jiyong smiled at me and grabbed my hand and led me in.




~don't really know why I did the thing about introducing her as his girlfriend I think I ruined it, oh well~