Chapter 29

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

It was the day before I was leaving to England; I held the letter tight in my hand as I approached the boys' apartments. I watched as they got into a black van and drove away. I inhaled deeply and let out a huge sigh; my eyes began to water and my hands began to shake. I leaned against a wall and contemplated if I was making the right choice. 
        I approached the door and stopped; was this really the right way to say goodbye? But the letter says everything that I want him to know and I don't have to say it myself. Yes, it is an easy way out and it will probably upset him but I saw no other alternative.
        I began to push the letter through the letter box when somebody put their hand on my shoulder; I jumped. I turned to find T.O.P stood staring at me; "What are you doing?" He had a concerned look on his face; he removed his hand from my shoulder and opened the door. "Come in," I did as I was told and followed him.
"I thought everybody was out... I just came to drop something off," he nodded and went into his room; I stood outside. "Why are you here anyway?"
"I could ask you the same question Lydie," a dry laugh came from the room. "But seriously the other guys have a schedule and I haven't, so I just went to do some shopping." He emerged from his room in a funky blue suit and sunglasses. "So why are you here?" He looked me up and down and noticed the letter in my hand and tilted his head back; he just answered his own question. "So you listened to me? Thank you," I nodded and put my hand over my mouth as I felt a lump in the back of my throat; I closed my eyes. T.O.P put his arms around me and told me everything was going to be okay; I agreed with him even though I knew everything wasn't going to be okay.
        He let go of me and told me to go and put the letter in Jiyongs room.
        I went into his room and it was just like before; clean and neat. Except this time the photograph had gone. I felt a twinge of guilt. I put the letter down where the photograph once was then left the room.
        I found T.O.P standing at the front door on his phone; I coughed and he opened the front door for me. He smiled at me and mouthed a 'thank you' and shut the door behind me.

The next day
I woke up at 3AM and walked downstairs; my bags and my fathers were at the front door. I tip-toed into the front room to find my father sat on the couch; the room lamp was on. He was sat with a cup of coffee in his hands; his eyes were red and looked sore; his hands were trembling. I had never saw my father cry before and it hurt me to know that he had been crying and I wasn't there.
        He looked up from his coffee and his eyes found mine; he sniffled and wiped his nose as he welcomed me to sit with him. I sat next to him. He put his arm around me and kissed my forehead and told me today was going to be a good day. I knew it wasn't but I agreed. I fell asleep.

I woke up again at 7AM; the flight was at 10AM. My mother was now awake, her eyes were like my fathers; red and sore. She also had a cup of coffee in her hand, she was smiling at me. My father was nowhere to be seen.
        "How are you feeling, Lyd?" I groaned and got up off the couch. My head hurt. I smiled a reasurring smile in her direction and she laughed. "So today is the day, huh?" Her eyes began to water as she continued, "did you say goodbye to that nice boy you were seeing? Jiyong, was it?" She took a sip of her coffee; blinking away the tears. I walked over to her and hugged her hard and we both began to cry. I figured she knew the answer to her question.
        My father came down the stairs with the last of his things; my mother turned her back and washed her cup. I went to get ready also.
        When I came back downstairs, my parents were sat on the couch together; not saying anything, but my mother was crying and my father had his arm around her shoulder. I heard him say he was sorry. I didn't want to interupt the moment but it was too late. My mother got up; tears still falling down her cheeks and kissed my cheek. My father came and stood by my side and picked up his suitcase.
"Can't we figure something out?" My mother said through her tears. My father shook his head and for the first time I felt haterid towards him; my mother wanted to work things out and he refused. *honk honk*  "Your taxi is here," my mother sobbed. I kissed her cheek, told her I loved her and promised that I would call her as soon as I landed and I went out to the taxi, my father followed soon after.
        We put our belongings in the taxi and drove off. I saw my mother stood at the door waving at us, sadness began to overwhelm me.





Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I did update but I came on today and it wasn't here which was annoying, but oh well. I just re-wrote it, maybe I should save it somewhere haha. Anyway, I'm ill at the minute; got swollen glands in my throat which isn't very nice but oh well. Anyway, hope you're all doing good~